• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 23, 2020

    Fallout | Negative Luck in Fallout 5

    Fallout | Negative Luck in Fallout 5


    Negative Luck in Fallout 5

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:20 AM PST

    One day Fallout 5 will come, maybe by Bethesda, maybe by Obsidian, maybe both, who knows? But for that future game I have a suggestion. If your character somehow has negative luck, like having one in luck and taking a chem that decreases it by two. There should be a implementation that your character has a really terrible time. My suggestion is that if you have -1 there's a 50/50 chance of your character just getting shot in the face by a stray bullet, possibly getting hit by a vertibird, maybe even just tripping and getting impaled. It probably won't happen but it could just be a funny small feature. Thoughts about the idea or what could happen with negative luck?

    submitted by /u/Frommer_
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there no ghoul worshipers of atom?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 04:13 PM PST

    I've noticed that in every instance I came across the worshippers of atom, there was not one ghoul amongst their ranks. I also have no idea how they view ghouls, seeing as how they can "bask in atoms glow" without dying. I'd really like some more context to this.

    submitted by /u/FilthyNingen1994
    [link] [comments]

    Oswald the Outrageous bug fix (XBOX ONE)

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 01:39 AM PST

    This isn't really a fix, more of a way around the infamous Kiddie Kingdom bug which I got stuck with for hours. If like me you got stuck in Kiddie Kingdom with an immortal Oswald, no saves before you came to Kiddie Kingdom, and no way to progress the quest-line (for me Oswald would appear in all three locations but he would not speak and could not be killed), heres what to do.

    First, travel back to the commonwealth, to be extra safe make sure you're somewhere in the base game like Diamond City. Next you are going to drop a save now that you're out of Nuka World. Now quit, go to your games and apps and manage Fallout 4, from here simply uninstall Nuka World.

    Next, load your save (side note: if you had DLC specific mods loaded, you should install non dlc versions to reduce the risk of the game crashing as soon as you load; this happened to me until I installed the non dlc version of my graphics mod).

    Now the most important part, drop another save now that you're in the Commonwealth with Nuka World uninstalled, now everything you did in the DLC has been erased.

    Finally, re-install Nuka World, load the game and you'll receive the quest 'All Aboard', thus beginning the DLC again. From here on all I can say is do the Kiddie Kingdom quest in the exact order the game tells you to, listen to all dialogue from Oswald without interrupting, and drop saves before you do anything.

    Thanks for listening, and good luck with this amazing yet bug filled wonderful piece of shit game.

    submitted by /u/Splashmagnet
    [link] [comments]

    Tranquility Lane might be the greatest sequence of events in the whole Fallout series

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 03:57 AM PST

    I feel like this doesn't really get brought up enough, and it should because it is truly fucking amazing. I've probably played through Fallout 3 a thousand times and it never gets old. Okay so up until this point in the game you've most likely explored a good majority of the D.C. ruins, fought through feral ghouls, super mutants, raiders, you name it. Danger lurking around every corner. You get to Vault 112, sit in the tranquility lounger, and all of a sudden you're in a simulation of a pre-war neighborhood as a kid with zero danger anywhere. The music by itself is hilarious. It gives you that initial "what the fuck is going on" feeling when you start hearing it in the loading screen, totally unprepared for what is about to happen. Its probably just about the easiest/most fun part of the entire game. The hardest part about this is trying to activate the kill switch in the abandoned house, which you can do at any point during all of this, but why the hell would you want to do that when you can beat the shit out of Timmy for literally no reason at all. Holy shit is it such a refreshing change of pace in the game. You stay in Rivet City's market 1 second past closing time and you're public enemy #1, but hey, go murder Mrs. Henderson but try and do it in the most Hilariously absurd way possible because fuck it, and nothing will happen to you except you'll lose some karma. The best part is theres at least 3 different ways to handle every task Betty gives you, and they're all great. If you haven't taken the time to try every possibility, I highly recommend it. Its one of those things that I wish didn't end. like yeah, I love to run around as "The Pint-Sized Slasher" with a clown mask and a knife and butcher these people who don't even try in the slightest to fight back, but then that means I'd have to go back to the Capital Wasteland and waste a bunch of ammo trying my best to pick off bloatflies. Say what you want about Fallout 3 but the game as a whole is just great, and produced absolute gems like this one. It's the dark humor that I love about the Fallout series, and in true Fallout fashion, it does a perfect job of creating such a hilarious and care-free approach to a quest at such a titular point in the game, while maintaining that Fallout-y vibe to it. It is something that I will always look forward to on any Fallout 3 run.

    submitted by /u/ThiccJesus425
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve seen a few posts lately hyping up FO4, so I just wanted to add my two cents also

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 12:29 PM PST

    I can't say much that hasn't already been said that's positive about FO4, but for me it was the first Fallout game I've played all the way through and I really loved it. Sure maybe it doesn't have the best story, but I think there's so much more to like about it. If you're like me and love to explore, there's so many cool locations to find. And I liked the music (ambient and the radio, Uranium Fever is a BOP). The NPCs and companions feel more lively, and the relationships you can build with your companions makes a lot of them very memorable (Nick Valentine is best companion). Anyway that's about it. I hope you're all having a good day :D

    submitted by /u/Dakiidoo
    [link] [comments]

    I just want a FO4 with bigger map, should I buy FO76?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 01:55 AM PST

    I love FO4 for what it is (I have played FO2, Tactics, NV, and Shelter) and have around 500 in-game hrs. But as time passes, it began to feel cramped even in Survival mode (no fast travel). I've read that FO76's gameworld is around 4x as big as FO4's main map, but how are FO76's quests compared to FO4's with all of the DLCs? Does FO76 have enough quests to keep you going for hundreds of hours?

    PS: Yes, FO76 is currently on sale but so are hundreds of other games in this holiday season.

    submitted by /u/SaltedCaffeine
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout New Vegas's is in english but some of them are in russian

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 02:27 AM PST

    I started playing F:NV and for some reason some things are in russian

    the things i found in russian so far are

    • Launcher
    • Textures
    • some of the items names

    the rest are in english. any way to fix this?

    edit: I found english version of the textures. maybe i can change F:NV to full english? but I don't how.

    submitted by /u/Less_Stomach_3733
    [link] [comments]

    i tried rebuilding the old massachuchetts state house near swans pond but with Conquest if i tried to place anything it would just make the platform invicible now i cant make a minutemen state house any ideas?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 03:37 AM PST

    Fallout: Yorkshire

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 11:05 AM PST

    Has anyone approached Bethesda on the possibility of setting the next Fallout in Europe? If so I would wholeheartedly endorse the fine county of Yorkshire to be the setting for the next game. Mainly set in Scarborough, but possible DLCs set in Whitby, Hull, Sheffield? Possible new creatures to encounter, Nuka terriers/ Death whippets? Ghouls in Grimsby?

    submitted by /u/ginomma1990
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck in a death loop in Far Harbor

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 03:17 PM PST

    I just went into the Nucleus on Very Hard mode and got absolutely lit up with rads. To the point where my entire health bar is red. Now.. I'm also using and addicted to Buffout and I'm in a situation where I have to use my limited time before the withdrawal kills me to find radaway and heal up. Problem is, after at least 6 hours of reloading that save and sprinting around desperately trying to find Radaway, I found some, used it, and it had no effect. So.. that means I'm "overloaded" with rads and basically I'm fucked. If I try to fast travel anywhere I die instantly upon arriving. And the only previous save I have now is when I started Far Harbor, which was dozens of hours ago. Honestly I'm just venting, this is straight bullshit and I can't believe I have to delete all my progress because I'm in an unwinnable situation. Any thoughts or suggestions other than soldiering up and reverting dozens of hours back? I doubt it but.. doesn't hurt to ask.

    submitted by /u/Winstonmaker
    [link] [comments]

    I recently bought new Vegas, I own 76 and 4 but I noticed steam has a sale. Should I get 3 or the classic fallout pack?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 06:24 PM PST

    I just got fallout 4 and I have some questions

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 01:11 AM PST

    I just started playing yesterday and I ran into some problems:

    1. I think I kinda fucked up all my saves. Basically I went to diamond city and stole some cereal from some kid. Now every time I enter the city I get shot at. For some reason all my quicksaves from that time have that even though I saved before doing any crimes in diamond city. Is my game fucked? Or is there any way to disable my "wanted level" (idk how it's called)?

    2. Why are all npcs stronger then me? They can kill me in like 3 shots but I need like 5 clips just to take one guy down. Is that normal?

    3. How do I get rid of the red line in my health bar? It seems to reduce my max hp.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/long-live-djazz
    [link] [comments]

    Questions I have about Fallout: New Vegas.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 11:17 AM PST

    FNV is my first ever fallout experience and I'm loving the game so far. But I have a few questions.

    DLC - I have all the DLC but I'm not sure how I start them. Do I have to go to a specific location? Launch them from some menu? Also when should I play them?

    Weapons - I have accumulated a lot of Caps but I'm not too sure what weapons to buy. Any suggestions?

    Armour - Same question about weapons. Lot of caps but don't know what armour is best.

    Thank you in advance :)

    submitted by /u/Blayrr
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy fallout new vegas?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:54 PM PST

    I have played fallout 4 and loved it, but didn't like all the buildings and city's based around them. I also hated preston, but loved almost everything else except the speech system. Is fallout new vegas similar or different in these regards? If so, should I buy regular new vegas or fallout new vegas ultimate? It's on steam sale right now ande I want to know if I'm wasting my money or not. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/Cthulus_son
    [link] [comments]

    Visiting Goodneighbor

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 06:09 PM PST

    Can I visit good neighbour and do quest without going to the memory den and not yet rescued nick valentine?? I've searched the internet for an answer but find nothing. I want to reach the maximum affinity with Cait and it seems she would like a lot there that I wouldn't mind doing. Please help. Thank you...

    submitted by /u/dee88vmoon
    [link] [comments]

    Just a reminder for those tempted by the Winter Steam sale do not buy the Steam version of Fallout 3. Stick to GOG.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 08:17 PM PST

    The Steam Winter Sale just began and Fallout 3 is 60% off. This may sound tempting for a lot of people who haven't played it especially if you are in lock down but the Steam version typically requires a lot of troubleshooting.

    You can check out this post from the /r/FalloutMods Wiki for some of the troubleshooting steps that might be required to get a rough idea. Some guides for getting Steam's version of Fallout 3 working on Windows 10 are quite dated and contain numerous dead links. A solution to this is searching something like "how to get fallout 3 working on windows 10 2020" on Youtube. Using Tale of Two Wastelands is also a common suggestion but it requires Fallout New Vegas.

    The GOG version is currently 60% off as well and people usually have a lot easier of a time getting that to work. There are no advantages to purchasing the Steam version. If you have purchased the Steam version already it is pretty easy to refund it.


    This might get removed but I thought I would type it up anyway. There is a disclaimer on the Steam page for Fallout 3 but a lot of the time it goes overlooked and confused individuals end up here during one of Steam's periodic sales trying to troubleshoot something like a Games For Windows Live issue that causes their game to crash when they hit the play button.

    Hopefully this helps someone.

    submitted by /u/11101101110011000111
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 or New Vegas ?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 11:49 PM PST

    I have always been an elder scrolls fan, and have been wanting to try out the fallout series for the longest time now but just never got around to it so I thought I'd get myself one for christmas- i only have enough money for one game, and I still only have ps3 so fallout 4 is out of the question, which one is your favourite one to play?

    submitted by /u/Luna--
    [link] [comments]

    How can you pass the quest "oh my papa" in New Vegas if you are villified by ceasar's legion?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 04:08 PM PST

    How do I make towns of Fallout 1 non hostile without reloading saves

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 11:06 PM PST

    I'm around 20 or so hours into my Fallout 1 playthrough and the guards of Junktown are hostile because I wasn't paying attention to the guard who was telling me not to walk around with my gun. I ended up killing him and running away, so whenever I return to Junktown everyone starts shooting at me. I heard the only way to fix this is reloading a save, and that isn't an option for me because a lot of time has passed since this happened. I really want the companions in Junktown but I can't because everyone is hostile. Are there any mods to make the guards chill again, or perhaps another way to acquire the companions in Junktown?

    submitted by /u/bonesry
    [link] [comments]

    Hello all, I just asked if New Vegas would work on windows 10 and I thought of something else- will it work with DLC on windows 10 or will the DLCs cause it to crash?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 11:10 AM PST

    Title- just trying to decide whether I should get the ultimate edition on steam

    submitted by /u/BrandoCalrissian9229
    [link] [comments]

    Can my laptop run Fallout 4?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 11:03 PM PST

    PS4 took a dump on me and I really wanna replay Fallout 4. Can't get my hands on a PS5 right now. Here are the specs.

    Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.00 GHz

    Installed RAM - 8.00 GB (7.66 GB usable)

    System type - 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

    Hope that helps, I'm a total noob with computers.

    submitted by /u/jhrvy157
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, I've saved up an extra 100 dollars wich im willing to spend on a Fallout game for my PS4, I've already played FO4, I don't know if I should get FO3 or New Vegas, wich one do you guys think I should get (they both cost the same)?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 07:16 PM PST

    best method to fix ultrawide?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:58 PM PST

    I'm trying to run 21:9 @ 3440 x 1440 with flawless widescreen but it doesn't work at all. Currently the image is completely stretched and I'm only seeing the top left half of the screen.

    I see that many recommended comprehensive ultrawide but the mod has been under moderation for 19 months now.

    Is there any other way, other than Truby9 which I heard causes conflicts with many mods, to play in 21:9?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gizmo0601
    [link] [comments]

    Would Fallout 5 be good in the Midwest?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:45 PM PST

    We've seen a lot of Fallout maps on both the east and west coast... it's been pretty awesome. 3 in DC, Vegas (obviously) in Vegas, 4 in Boston, 76 in the South (West Virginia). I'd like to see 5 be in some place like Minnesota or Iowa. Or maybe even Missouri. Just somewhere in the general area. To the best of my knowledge FO5 hasn't been confirmed to be even started.

    As a side note, even though other countries didn't have the same 50's era like we did in the US, it'd also be cool to see an international location for a Fsllout game like Japan, France or England.

    submitted by /u/joddie_is_a_pizza
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment