• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 19, 2020

    Fallout | FO4 on PS5: Some quick notes for the curious

    Fallout | FO4 on PS5: Some quick notes for the curious


    FO4 on PS5: Some quick notes for the curious

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 11:31 PM PST

    I got my PS5 today, and I wanted to see how Fallout 4 played. I took some quick notes for those of you looking to get a PS5 and take advantage of any performance upgrades. So, in no particular order...

    1. It doesn't matter if you have the disc. I bought a Digital PS5, but I had the Fallout 4 disc on my PS4. For any PS4 game not in the PS Collection, you'd normally need to insert the disc to play unless you already had the digital version. Despite owning the hard copy on PS4, I was able to download and dive right into it on my Digital PS5 since it's part of the PS Collection.

    2. On PS5 it's only 30 FPS, but so far seems LOCKED there. This is what I was most excited about. I believe on XSX there is some technology to unlock the frame rate regardless of what the original dev did, but for now on PS5 it won't go above 30 FPS until Bethesda patches it. To give you some insight into the stability, the first thing I did was fast travel to downtown Boston, get in a gunfight, then call a Vertibird and fly it to Sanctuary. From what I could tell, framerate sat at a perfect 30 the entire time, with no hitches (I also have that springtime mod that adds a ton of grass and trees to the map). This would have been chop city even on my PS4 Pro, so needless to say I was very pleased with the result.

    3. Mods are the same as PS4. It's still Sony, so you're not going to get PC mods all of a sudden.

    4. You have to re-download all mods, but they will still be saved in your library. If you are worried about the load order and are transferring from PS4 to PS5, take a picture of how you had it set up. You also have to re-download Creation Club content of course.

    5. I did my save data transfer via the cloud using PS+ cloud saves, and it worked perfectly.

    6. Yes, load times are improved by quite a bit. I didn't time anything, but the difference is noticeable.

    That's all I really took note of in my roughly 30 mins of play time this evening. Hope it helps someone!

    submitted by /u/Ad_Astra5
    [link] [comments]

    A big Sim Settlements 2 Mod List with 140+ compatible mods

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 12:56 PM PST

    Hello fellow Wastelanders.

    I am a veteran Fallout 4 player and I mod it to the roof by now since I already experienced the vanilla content time and again.

    Having said that, one of my favorite mods is Sim Settlements so I had to jump on Fallout 4 with Sim Settlements 2 coming out.

    So, I started getting a Sim Settlements 2 mod list tuned and making sure I had the best mods (those I enjoyed the most of course) of each category, to make sure I could enjoy the wasteland again with more content than ever.

    All in all, I'm proud to say I now have 140+ mods all compatible with each other and all complementing a Sim Settlements 2 playthrough.

    I shared my list and thought you guys may want to take a look at it to copy it or get ideas.

    My 140+ Sim Settlements 2 Mod List.

    Enjoy, it took me a lot to explain all of my choices and the list was 20 pages on the word file, so I hope you take value from it.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/RukkaNova
    [link] [comments]

    Back to my polls!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 12:11 AM PST

    Favorite song in any Fallout, anyone?

    submitted by /u/SovietSalamander09
    [link] [comments]

    Found the boomer children wandering the wasteland after I killed all the boomers

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 12:23 PM PST

    The anti-fall boots where the best armor additional ever. Wish more legendaries like it existed

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 09:14 PM PST

    So I like endgame plays types that differ from the start. The progression from a weakling to successfully different types of plays types is an amazing part of fallout 4, especially with how different perks can change your gameplay style.

    But I hated having to use power armor, the bulky and slow movement sucked, and the jetpack mod only made it bearable. And it's only saving grace was the fall mitigation.

    As such I was in love with the antifall boots, I liked scaling buildings and then just leaping off at the end, the catharsis was great. In addition just climbing the tallest building so I could fall into a combat zone was amazing.

    Edit, very sleep deprived, but wanted to post this before I passed out from a 24h playthrough livestream

    submitted by /u/roboderp16
    [link] [comments]

    There should be more quests like Take it Back

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 10:27 PM PST

    There is nothing in the series of Fallout titles that comes close to the epicness of going to the water purifier with Liberty Prime - why do people think it's gimmicky? Sure it's like a rail shooter but it presents a nice break from the prior RPG-driven elements and ends up becoming a fantastic and explosive climax to the relatively middling main quest line.

    I don't remember anything similar in NV, except for Mr. House's securitron showcase. In FO4 the Prydwen sequence comes closest. I wish there were more of these moments.

    submitted by /u/YunKen_4197
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of buying 76

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 05:37 PM PST

    So I've played GTA 5 for years and #1 thing I hate is being murdered by randoms so I'm wondering if 76 has some passive mode where I can fight like deathclaws n stuff but not other people? Also I know 76 sucks but it's cheap and I wanna try it

    submitted by /u/realjimmyjam225
    [link] [comments]

    LONESOME ROAD IS SO FUCKING GOOD

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 02:18 PM PST

    Holy shit I just finished it and the setting surrounding and just everything even the sounds are so good the divide just amazes me because when you first start at the top vs the end it still just takes your breath away

    submitted by /u/AssociateStriking204
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout Australia

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 08:53 PM PST

    This is just fallout but on hardcore difficulty and instead of raiders and ghouls it's just mutant spiders who have CLEANSED Australia of humans

    submitted by /u/poster3926
    [link] [comments]

    Can I just say how AWESOME veteran Fallout 76 players are to people new to the game?!

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 03:03 PM PST

    I finally bit the bullet and bought Fallout 76/Wastelanders day before yesterday. I think the tipping point was the good stuff I'd heard about how Wastelanders brought much needed voiced NPCs back to the game which made it feel a lot more like traditional Fallout games. Also didn't hurt that the BoS expansion is coming out as well and will be free to current players. I've been a player since the 90s when the first game came out and I've played every one of them (including the oft forgotten "Tactics" and the horrible PS2 game that shall be un-named). Anyway, as I'm stumbling around the wasteland outside the vault, both familiar with some of the controls but not familiar with some of what's going on with 76 because it *is* an online game and I hardly play any of those, and what should happen? Well, two random higher-level players just came up to me within minute of each other and one of them gave me a nice sniper rifle, and another gave me a suit suit of power armor, and some combat armor! How freaking amazing is this?! I'd read about this before here, but having it actually happen to you is kind of amazing. That folks want to build this kind of community and have such a love for the franchise that random people just give stuff away to newbies is pretty freakin' awesome. I mean, this is literally folks helping new players out, simply out of the kindness of their hearts, and it's pretty damn cool. I'm definitely going to pay it forward myself once I've finally gotten my levels up in the game. Man, those two players - So. Freakin'. Awesome!

    submitted by /u/Velocelt
    [link] [comments]

    What the Mojave looks like after a Caesar's Legion Victory - FPGE Mod

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 06:50 PM PST

    https://youtu.be/bJwXe1q7fM0

    I really recommend this mod for those who want to play after they beat the game, in my opinion is it a large improvement over C.A.G.E.

    submitted by /u/Milkytoast-
    [link] [comments]

    I want to do a legion playthrough

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 02:48 PM PST

    But it would make so many NPCs sad :(

    submitted by /u/chaseguy099
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever fully invested into a heavy gunner build in fallout 4 ???

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 03:09 PM PST

    I've always wanted to do it , but it's so tedious because the lack of ammo in the beginning. Just curious if anyone has ever had a high level heavy gunner character and what the gameplay is like.

    submitted by /u/MumbleMike96
    [link] [comments]

    My Fallout Pen and Paper game, for anyone who is interested

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 12:33 PM PST

    Last year I started working on a story for a Fallout Pen and Paper game. I never finished since my friends lost interest in the project. Its set a few years after the events of fallout 3, and is set in Virginia and West Virginia. I hope that someone here will find it useful

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19avaZfEd5HoCl0-VAqSPz5l2MXIXfbk4/view?usp=sharing

    This works well using this rule set

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/gd4h3i/i_present_to_you_my_cumulative_effort_over_many/

    submitted by /u/parcavail
    [link] [comments]

    is there a way to permanently disable console commands in fo4

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 10:29 PM PST

    my brother keeps fucking me over with achievements by using console commands, if its a mod can you link it to me

    submitted by /u/Dogsavage111
    [link] [comments]

    Any good place in the map active in the night?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 04:27 AM PST

    I never go to use the bed with my fallout character. i mean, i play missions non-stop, and occasionally i finish them. Anyone know a good place to do something fun during the night in the game? ( Fallout 4 please )

    submitted by /u/Adventurous-Fan6882
    [link] [comments]

    I'm selling my pip boy 3000 bluetooth

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 03:59 AM PST

    Sadly not on eBay but we can talk about it if u want to buy it, i live in europe so I'm not selling to places like america... Only europe cus of the shipping

    submitted by /u/kermitsarmy
    [link] [comments]

    When do you think we'll see Fallout 5?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 12:06 AM PST

    Fallout series is my absolute favorite and my go to game but im looking for a new game to get hooked on

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 02:50 AM PST

    I've tried skyrim and I couldn't get in to it. I try to get into the magic type game play but I just cant. What are some games that are similar to fallout series?

    submitted by /u/aehjayy
    [link] [comments]

    What was Barton thinking

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 09:37 AM PST

    Barton Thorn asks you to clear out the geckos but if he's unable to take out the geckos himself why would he think he can take you on in a fight. Sounds like he doesn't have all his faculties in check

    submitted by /u/High_Goddess_Finelia
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite Fallout Character In Each Game

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 01:49 PM PST

    I have been playing each of the main games in 2020. I have been thinking about who my favourite characters are and I realised how many great characters there are.

    What would be your favourite character in each game and favourite overall?

    submitted by /u/hellotherefn2187
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 is the Best Fallout in the whole Multiverse

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 09:05 PM PST

    Edit: Sorry for the Formatting, I'm on my Pip-Boy.

    WARNING!!!! SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

    Out of all the Fallout games, Fallout 4 is the only good one. The original Fallouts didn't know how bad they were until our savior, Todd Howard, released Fallout 4 for us to savior. Fallout 3 was okay. Fallout New Vegas does not even come close to being on Fallout 4s level.

    1. The Intro: We never have been able to live in the Fallout universe pre-bombs until Fallout 4. It's such a great feature to have, you get to meet Mr. Vault-tec himself, get to watch the news, get to become so emotional attached to your son, Shaun, to the point if something bad where to happen, you would spend your whole entire life looking for him and the person who harmed him. I am always a fan of Bethesda. I especially love their long, unskipable intros just like the one found in this game. Too bad they didn't make it longer. Then we get into the vault.

    2. Vault 111: After you get into the vault after almost dying, you are treated to vault 111. You are told to go into a decontamination pod so you can go further down into the vault. Upon getting into the pod, it some how malfunctions and instead of decontaminating you, it accidentally freezes you and everyone else. After some time your son, who I remind you that you care so much for you should go to the end of the earth if something where to happen to him, gets kidnapped by some scary looking guy with a scar across his eye. You break out of your pod sometime after that. Your voice protagonist spews our some dialogue about why would "Vault-Tec do this?!?" You finally arrive at the vault door, find a conveniently placed Pip-Boy, put it on, and hit the door open button.

    Sirens go off, music plays, and you think to yourself, "I'm so excited to see how society rebuilt it's self!" The door doesn't open, you are standing there, and you realized, you accidentally had some Creation Club content loaded and it's bugged thus you can't get out of the Vault. No worry's right? Right. Bugs are what makes Bethesda games great, I was LOL'ing so hard at this. Like "oh, classic Bethesda! You got me there." You have to restart the whole game without the creation club content installed and get to relive the intro once more!

    You finally emerge from the vault, and see that 200 years after the bombs dropped, society did very little to rebuild its self. WHICH IS GREAT!!!! I get to explore an apocalyptic world without having to worry about having NPCs with backstories and lore to them!

    1. The Story: The main plot of this story is, your son who again, you have such a deep, emotional bond with, had been kidnapped. This premise is much better than what the old studios did with fallout, like what, find a water chip? Boring. Get a GECK? More like gecko. Deliver a boring Chip to some loser? Yikes. Fallout 3 had a pretty good story though. You go back to your old home to find Codsworth, your old robot, still tending the garden. Relieved, you ask him to help find Shaun. After looking through your old neighborhood and fighting some very scary monsters, you come to the conclusion he isn't here. He directs you to some town down the street to talk to the people there.

    You arrive at Concord to find it has been taken over by raiders and some guy is trapped up in the building. Essential characters are essential here thus you can't kill the supposed good guys because that would be to hard to write around and quite frankly, be bad for us gamers. After fighting off some raiders, you are handed Power Armor and a Minigun. Great! I was almost getting bored of not having some of the best items from day one! You meet some druggy grandma and she KNOWs that your son is missing! You can respond in 4 ways! Yes, yes, yes, and yes! Great! I didn't want to potentially click the wrong option and not be able to find my son! She tells us to go to diamond city for answers.

    1. Diamond City Upon arriving to diamond city, you realize the gate is closed shut. It's been closed shut for the whole entire duration of you not being there. There is some crazy lady who wants in. Her name is Piper. Upon approaching her, she ask you if "you want into diamond city." You have four options here. Yes, Yes, Yeah, or No, but Yes. Upon choosing any of these options, you get the same outcome. Getting into diamond city. Conveniently, Piper is a reporter and she can help you with your missing son. She sends you to the local detective.

    Side note, Diamond city was once Boston's Baseball stadium. 200 years after bombs were dropped, instead of trying to rebuild the whole city, people decided to live in shanties on a baseball field.

    Upon arriving at the Detective agency, you find the detective has gone missing. So you do some detective work yourself to find this "Nick Valentine." You go to a vault, Fast forwards, Nick is saved and he is not a human, but an Android. You tell him your beloved son is missing and he tells you there was a man with a child. You describe you saw a man with a scar and Nick gasp. "No, it can't be." Kellogg's. Frosted. Flakes. He is the one who stole your child... but your child is a little grown up now.

    1. Finding Kellogg You hear about this Institute, some place that makes fake people, and no one likes the fake people so they want to kill them all. You track him down by using a dog that sniffs a cigar to find him, kill him, and guess what? Your son isn't there. You find out Kellogg is apart of the institute and decide to get into the institute. You track down an ex-institute scientist and he lives in the Glowing Sea. The place where the bombs hit. You sneak into his cave and discover he is a Super mutant. He is the only intelligent super mutant in the whole entire series because he wasn't fully mutated or something like that. See, when Bethesda writes their mutants, they have to be big dumb dumbs because having a complex background to all the super mutants where some were smart, some were purple, and some were dumb, would be too interesting and hard to understand for the children that play this game. So Virgil tells you how to get into the institute. You get all the materials and ask the only mechanic in the wasteland to build a teleported for you. You get into the institute.

    2. The Institute After hearing all these horrible things about the institute, some voice tells you that you may have heard horrible things about them, but get this, they aren't horrible. You are so mad that you want to find your son. You finally find him and he is in a prison cell. You yell at him and say it's you. He doesn't recognize you. Some old man walks in, shuts Shaun down, and out of anger you shoot and kill this old man. Quest failed. You reload to an earlier save to hear what this man has to say. His name is father and he says "No, I am your son" he states that the death of your wife was just collateral damage.

    This is probably some of the best story writing ever. Like how would we have known that our Son was the leader of the biggest and baddest organization yet?!?! It's just soooo good. After some of this stuff you can decide to do four things.

    1. The story Ending You have four options here. You either A) Blow up the Institute, B) Blow up the Institute, C) Blow up the Institute, or D) Don't blow up the Institute. A lot of decisions I know. So depending on what options you do, either everyone will be happy, or everyone will be mad at you. You decide. After this, you get the iconic Fallout ending. Not the ending where a narrator reads out all the things you caused and how it effected others, but just a generic outro that is easy to digest. Unlike those other fallout games. Also War, war never changes. But men do.

    The enemy Factions Unlike other Fallout games, where most factions are not hostile off the bat and have unique names like powder gangers or fiends, we get raiders and gunners. Raiders raid everything, you can't befriend them (without DLC), and just over all terrorize the wasteland. Gunners are mercenaries that other people can hire but your character can't. So basically, as your character puts it, gunners are just raiders with better equipment. Well said.

    Basically, this game gives us easy to digest enemies where we won't feel bad for killing because they are the obvious bad guys. They don't have special names, nor do they have much backstories, just bad guys we get to shoot. Unlike games like New Vegas where you can join the bad guys and they give you like quests. No, that would be too difficult to comprehend. I like my bad guys to be the twisty mustache villain type who will attack me on site for no other reason than, they are the bad guy.

    The good factions The minute men are ours to rebuild. They supply unlimited quest for use to enjoy. So do the Brotherhood of Steel and the Railroad. They are all the same quest, go here, kill or collect something, come back, reward. Simple. And I like it because it will never end thus I can play forever, unlike the other Fallouts.

    The Brotherhood of Steel Instead of writing a new faction for us, Bethesda gave us what we already know and love. The brotherhood of steel. They are like everywhere, and I love it. Can't get enough of it, it's familiar and I'm glad Bethesda didn't write new factions that we wouldn't recognize from the older games. Old is familiar and I don't want to be challenged with new radical ideas. They also give out unlimited quest, hooray! Time to be brain dead and do the same thing over and over again!

    Super Mutants Oh boy, super mutants are here again, this time they don't have as complex of a backstory like the west coast mutants, they were just created by the Institute. Also since they are mutants, they are supposed to be Dumb and hostile. Imagine playing a game and realizing that there can be smart and friendly mutants. Impossible. I'm glad bethesda gives us what is familiar and again doesn't challenge us fans mentally.

    Mutated Creatures We get the same old creatures we know and love. All the creature that are specific to like desert climates etc. Like radscorpions? How would these animals get to be on the east coast!?!? That's just whacky. Ohhhh so you are telling me that scorpions where like societies most beloved pet and when the bombs dropped, pet stores had so many scorpions to the point they mutated later on to be all across America? Thank you bethesda, me being a mindless fan will not think of how stupid this is and will blindly defend you because again, you have us fans suckling at your teats and we will defend against anyone who challenges us!!! Also the same old creatures are back like Deathclaws, they are classic fallout, let's keep them in the game and not give us something new. I'm so glad I get the same thing over and over again!

    200 Years The East coast hasn't decided to re-civilize yet, instead they insist that the East coast should look like the bombs dropped like 10 years ago... or even less. There's a lot of unrusted metal, people haven't rebuilt society yet, people are all dirty, very little plumbing and electricity, like the NCR is boring. I don't want a game where there are interesting civilizations. I don't want to see how society rebuilt it's self after the bombs, I want to run around and shoot things!!!!

    NPC interaction Thank god there is very little to do while wandering the waste. I have to rebuild everything because no one else could have after 200 years. When I do find NPCs, they are usually all generic which is good because I don't want to have meaningful dialogue in a game.

    Atom Cats These people are the coolest cats in the waste. I want to join them but I hope there isn't a long quest I have to do to gain their trust, right? Wait, all I have to do is go to some waste yard, fix a pump, come back and kill some bad guys? Great! I'm glad I don't have to get invested in some well devolved quest!

    Player Choice What, this isn't supposed to be an RBG, it's an action game!

    The Lore While it may not seem like there is a lot of lore, there is. They don't take the show don't tell approach, they tell you, but you have to go out of your way to find the lore. All the lore is packed away in terminals WHICH IS GREAT! When I go to play fallout, I want to sit back, relax, and read every terminal in the game because this is what is fun for us players. Reading terminals. Not experiencing anything, just reading. But sometimes I don't want to play the game. Well, we are in luck. YouTube exist!!!

    When I want to learn more about the lore, I'll head to YouTube! I find my favorite YouTuber for fallout games, find the fallout 4 videos, and get talked down to in a very condescending way, get treated like a dumb child, and have everything over explained to me in a 30+ minute video!!! Thanks Oxhorn!

    So basically, there is a lot of lore which makes this game better than the other ones.

    Base building Minecraft is a good game, Fallout is a good game, add the two, best game ever. Base building doesn't matter at all, it is more of an inconvenience to peruse in base building but it all pays off at the end. To have to defend all my settlements because my settlers are useless just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Also I'm soo glad that the settlers have no significant dialogue and I'm also glad that I built an entire base for them and they treat me like a stranger! Fun!

    Fan base Best fans ever. We all defend Bethesda and worship their stupid lore that doesn't make sense sometimes. All criticism is bad.

    DLCs All of them are super good. Especially Far Harbor. As one put it, Far Harbor is consider the best DLC in all of the games.

    Voiced Protagonist What, this isn't supposed to be an RBG, it's an action game!

    Skyrim with guns Good thing the leveling up system isn't too punishing and it doesn't take strategic planning that would inconvenience the player later on. We have the Skyrim leveling-up system almost.

    Simplicity Good things weapons and armor doesn't break just from using it. This was such a stupid feature in New Vegas and was too difficult to understand.

    Retro-Futurism Fallout is supposed to be post apocalyptic 1950s with robots and the Inkspots playing in the background. It's not supposed to be like what people in the 1950s would think the future is. NO! It's the 1950s with some cool sci-fi elements. Bethesda knows what this IP is.

    Funny Dark Humor Fallout 1 was too dark. Bethesda is funny. That swatters guy is the funniest person in the game. Good thing we have this light hearted, non challenging, family friendly humor that we can all enjoy, you know what, why isn't this game rated E for everyone, it's not as dark as the old games! It's basically a children's game at this point. No scary men dressed in football uniforms here to crucify us. No scary shadow government here kill everyone of us, it's fun for the whole family!!!

    Conclusion Fallout 4 is not a good game. IT IS A GREAT GAME!!!! There are more things I haven't covered yet, will I? Maybe. Mass upvote because Fallout 4 is better than any other game in the series. Todd Howard, have my babies. Bethesda is my favorite corporation and I need to defend them. Echo chambers! All the other games were too dark, had too many characters that you could accidentally kill, and was just overall, too challenging.

    TL;DR Many people don't give credit where credit is due, and Fallout 4 may just indeed be the best Fallout Game. With its story, superior gun play, whacky NPC's and dialogue, that twist at the end, sprint, superior graphics and over all, just a very enjoyable game!

    submitted by /u/The__Courier_Six
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment