• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 18, 2020

    Fallout | So basically the protagonists of Fallout 76, 1, and 2 are the biggest heroes of the Fallout Universe.

    Fallout | So basically the protagonists of Fallout 76, 1, and 2 are the biggest heroes of the Fallout Universe.


    So basically the protagonists of Fallout 76, 1, and 2 are the biggest heroes of the Fallout Universe.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    76'ers stopped a plague that would have infected everything.

    The Vault Dweller stopped the Unity that would have consumed the world.

    The Chosen One stopped the Enclave from killing off the entire world.

    In comparison, the Lone Wanderer, the Courier, and the Sole Survivor faced much smaller, localized problems.

    Edit: Courier fanboys I'm not belittling the stuff the Courier did. He was a hero yes, but on a much smaller scale.

    submitted by /u/zetabyte27
    [link] [comments]

    I think Fallout 5 should bring back New Vegas’s disguise system.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    Like, in New Vegas, if you've been declared a terrorist by the NCR or when the Legion declares you "In damnatio memoriae", these groups will shoot you on sight, unless you're wearing a disguise that correlates with said faction, and even then, NCR guard dogs and Legion mongrels will sniff you out, while commanders and higher ups will recognize who you are. My idea is that we bring back this disguise system, and nerf it a little bit, but also add new mechanics and whatnot, for instance, if you're wearing raider clothes you should be able to fool raiders into thinking your one of them, but only to an extent, if you try talking to them or getting too close too them for a certain amount of time, or have a companion with you who is not incognito, they will recognize you and turn hostile. I'm thinking of like, when you destroy the Prydwen in Fallout 4, getting too close to Brotherhood commanders results in the Brotherhood commander questioning who you are with very hard speech checks, this sort of thing should be utilized in normal non-mission gameplay, a raider walks up to you when you're infiltrating them and asks who you are and using speech checks you can convince them you're one of them, etc. This idea also finally gives a purpose for raider outfits other than roleplay or for scrap.

    submitted by /u/firecracker42
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout: New Vegas - Where Do They Go? A look at the journeys of some notable NPCs

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    Many a True Nerd, the youtuber behind some wonderful Fallout video series and video essays, has a new video out showing the weird and sometimes glitchy destinations for notable NPCs throughout the Mojave. Enjoy:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avs5IeJImOw&t=0s

    submitted by /u/BronzeEagle
    [link] [comments]

    Commission of my New Vegas character done by u/theancientlamp

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    Secret Tunnel in the Glowing sea?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    I just found the Abandoned Utility Tunnel which is a bit east to the Hopesmarch Pentecostal Churche (the one where only the roof is visible).

    I need a key to enter the Utility Tunnel but I don't know where to get it. Does somebody here know where to find the key?

    submitted by /u/Smog2701
    [link] [comments]

    Why I Love Bethesda's Fallout Games (3 & 4) the Most: The True Open World Experience

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    Note: Edited the post to change a sentence that was a little rude and unfair to fans of Fallout New Vegas.

    Before you down vote this, I'm not saying Fallout 1,2, and NV are worse than 3 & 4. I just feel that a lot people don't give 3 & 4 the love they deserve. (Please note that I'm pretending Fallout 76 does not exist, since it is a MMO and I have not played it.)

    Why are Fallout 3 and 4 so great? Because they are the only games (along with The Elder Scrolls games) that are truly open world.

    Sure a lot of games claim to be open world, but they tend to fall short for a few reasons. Their open world is limited by level gating (making high level areas impossible and low level areas pointless), by terrain [and sometimes invisible walls] placed specifically to make certain areas inaccessible, and/or by locking areas of the map until you progress far enough, usually in the main story.

    Fallout NV is guilty of the first two offenses. In the beginning of the game you are forced south and then east. You cannot travel immediately north because of the high level deathclaws, you cannot immediately travel east because of impassible terrain, you cannot travel west because the map ends, and when you make it south you cannot travel further south due to terrain and invisible walls. Want to meet Cesar early in the game? Too bad, invisible walls. I get that they do this for the plot. But I don't play video games for the plot, I play video games because I want to experience a world that I have freedom in and mastery over [even if just a little bit].

    Other open world games fall short too. The Witcher 3, Grand Theft Auto, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Assassins' Creed all have one of the limitations above.

    Obviously in Fallout 3 and 4 there are areas that have higher level NPCs and areas that require prerequisite quests to open, but all areas are possible to clear if you are good and a few prerequisite quests are different from essentially forcing the player to complete significant chunks of the main story to unlock.

    These true open worlds are what makes Fallout 3 & 4 (and the TES games) so great. I can leave the vault and go anywhere, any direction, and prioritize any quests first.

    submitted by /u/SwissLeprechaun
    [link] [comments]

    Who the fuck are you

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    And why are you bothering me ?

    submitted by /u/Nephi-Driver
    [link] [comments]

    Is fallout 4 poorly optimized?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    I've had fallout 4 for ages now and have had numerous minor upgrades to my pc since then, but recently I had gotten a major graphics card upgrade (went from a NVIDIA 1050-ti to an RTX 2070) but I'm still getting around 30-40 frames on medium graphics. Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/FayTalRS
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to South Africa in the fallout universe?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    I have a question. What happened to it? I would like to hear theories and if there any lore mentioned in the games?

    submitted by /u/Comprehensive_6969
    [link] [comments]

    Going from 3/NV to 4 learning curve.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Just finished my three year tour of fallout 3 and fallout new Vegas. Loved both games so much. I started my first play through of fallout 4 and man there is a learning curve. VATS is in a different place. Weapon and apparel repairs are way different. I got to the point where I was carrying around 14 pipe pistols. How long did it take to get used to the changes? I feel like I'm throwing a baseball with my opposite hand.

    submitted by /u/FL2NH
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished new Vegas, had to be the best single player game Ive ever played

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    If your wondering which ending I chose I went with Mr House. Gonna start my next play through right now.

    submitted by /u/in-till
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 VR taught me how to actually role play

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    Fallout 4 was one of my most anticipated game releases ever, not because I love RPG's, but rather that I really love shooters and the world of Fallout and was really excited to have better gunplay in the series. I bought it day 1 and put about 40 hours into it (a lot for me) in a couple weeks and had an absolute blast. However, performance issues coupled with finishing college kept me away save for a brief revisit a year ago. I more recently tried to restart New Vegas but found that I couldn't produce a stable modlist and the limitations of the older engine were just too jarring.

    Last weekend I took the plunge into Fallout 4 VR. Yes, there are issues with the port, but for me at least I have found acceptable resolutions. The sense of immersion and true scale coupled with the great environmental storytelling is just incredible. This has led to some expected benefits and also some unexpected ones.

    One of my favorite things to do in Fallout games is to just take a moment or two and try to put myself in the shoes of someone living in the wasteland. Usually I'm compelled to do this when I find abandoned dwellings. I try to really imagine sleeping on the dirty mattress in the corner, and drinking at the ramshackle table with only the radio to keep me company. VR is absolutely incredible for this now. It's really something to be able to physically sit down at the bar in the dugout inn of Diamond City and have a drink in the dim lounge. Obviously the NPCs have limitations on their routines and behavior so this is best done for short periods but man, it's amazing what the added sense of presence can do in terms of making essentially idle time feel like a really full experience.

    This has led to some unexpected changes in my play style as well. I find that I actually like the companions now for one, and I also feel like playing a particular role feels much more natural. When playing on the flat screen I'm always a purely good person, basically because it seems to me that's what I'm supposed to be. I don't steal, I reload saves if I get bad outcomes, all of that. In VR I've noticed I have an easier time of just being some arbitrary person rather than the great savior of the wastes. This may also have to do with the fact that I'm replaying the game, but I've found that I'm much more accepting of unintended outcomes now. For instance when I went with Pembroke to confront Cooke in Diamond City for sleeping with Pembroke's wife, I helped him kill Cooke even though I didn't really realize I was signing up for that. But afterwards when I was stealing from the bar, Pembroke went after me, forcing me to kill him. Now, normally I'd do the encounter over again, because obviously Pembroke shouldn't care that I'm stealing, but instead I rolled with it and took his house key and set a landmine down for Mrs. Pembroke to find when she goes home. I didn't wait for her to trip it, in fact I left Diamond City shortly after, but just having done that, and sort of provided my own resolution to the event was really something special. I just sort of imagined the townspeople talking about it and thinking they would probably think Pembroke did it all and that he was mortally wounded by Cooke. And that was just never something a videogame had done for me, because normally I'm so invested in doing what I think the designers want me to do and getting some kind of validation that yes, that was the best/intended way to complete that quest.

    In sort of the mixed outcome category, several character builds are going to feel really bizarre without proper 2-hand weapon implementation. I'm basically a gunslinger type guy in my current run, which feels great and isn't something I would have done in the flat version, but it's definitely the control limitations steering me into it a bit.

    I've never been one to sink hundreds of hours into a single-player game, but I think it might be possible with this one. I'm certainly glad I didn't exhaust the content on my prior play through and I'm extremely excited for someone to come along in the future and develop a similar experience with the intention of VR implementation.

    submitted by /u/GT540MGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Any Mods for Fallout 4 on Xbox one that make the game fun?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    I've recently tried playing Fallout again after about 2 years and I cant push myself to do it because I get really bored. I really want to like the game again but its hard.

    submitted by /u/EdwardoSquidwardo123
    [link] [comments]

    Game won't run smooth looks laggy when sprinting

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    So I haven't played fallout 4 for 7 months and it was running flawlessly at the time AND it had mods active so recently decided to start playing it and I started it with no mods whatsoever and the game just won't run smoothly i sprint next to dogmeat and you can just see him lag and looks sort of that erm ghosted effect really annoying I can't even play the game anymore at 144fps for some odd reason (that's what I had 7 months ago and it was perfectly fine) any help would be much appreciated any stupid unhelpful comments will just be deleted because yanno finding trolls and slitting their throats is illegal and frowned upon stupid laws😂😂 ALSO the game doesn't even sync right like when he's about to say war never changes at the beginning he doesn't say it in sync :/

    submitted by /u/billbullshirt
    [link] [comments]

    How does the Enclave view aliens?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    I was playing fallout 3 and the dlc "Zeta" and i saw the Enclave offcer, and so i thought "huh, wait how does the Enclave think of ailen's?" So now I'm here, would the Enclave want to kill them all? And I'm not talking about the Zeta aliens, but something like a humanoid ailen species that wanted peace? Would the Enclave call them mutants and declare war on them? I'm honestly curious

    submitted by /u/king-of-all-boomers
    [link] [comments]

    Who's your favorite faction in the entire series? This means every game, even Fallout Tactics.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:04 PM PDT

    I don't mind if it's a faction as big as the BOS or as simple as the Viper raider gang. I mean every group, joinable faction, enemy faction, etc... My personal favorite is the Enclave for their cool weapons, armor, and dark aesthetic, but you might like the Followers Of The Apoclypse, or the Minutemen, or maybe even the Commonwealth Provisional Government. It's all your choice.

    submitted by /u/refrigerator9465
    [link] [comments]

    I'm about to start my first PC Playthrough, what ending

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 01:47 AM PDT

    I've finished it many times on PS4, but I was wondering which ending I should do first

    submitted by /u/TomatoEggYT
    [link] [comments]

    Protectron animation?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    So I just now noticed, that all the protectrons in FO4 do not have animated 'heads'. I thought this was normal until I saw some videos where every part in their brain-case was animated... And i have the graphics set to max as well, its just very odd.

    submitted by /u/DocLecter
    [link] [comments]

    I wish you could throw objects

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    Should fallout introduced races?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 01:25 AM PDT

    I think the one thing fallout lacks is races like how skyrim has khajiit, and argonians and such, i think it would be pretty cool to see some races like being a super mutant or ghoul or maybe even a synth

    submitted by /u/shavingkriv
    [link] [comments]

    Best Song on any of the Fallout Stations?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    Weird question but what is your favorite song that was on any of the radio stations in the games?

    submitted by /u/Redandangerous
    [link] [comments]

    Status of the world?

    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    So the USA and China are bye bye but what about London, India, Japan? Wouldn't everyone other country try to support or take refugees? I'm very confused as I cant find much

    submitted by /u/Mafia_Sansy
    [link] [comments]

    This is a video I made when I first played Fallout 4 to show how badass it is to be a member of the Brotherhood of Steel.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment