• Breaking News

    Monday, August 10, 2020

    Fallout | So am I the only one annoyed we can't bring up Vault 101's disaster when the LW gets criticized for leaving?

    Fallout | So am I the only one annoyed we can't bring up Vault 101's disaster when the LW gets criticized for leaving?


    So am I the only one annoyed we can't bring up Vault 101's disaster when the LW gets criticized for leaving?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Seriously, this is one of the things about Fallout 3 that has annoyed me to no end.

    We have characters like Dr. Li and our dad calling us out for leaving Vault 101 saying shit like "WHY U NO STAY IN SAFE VAULT U DUMMY!!!!!!"

    Nowhere can we do shit like call out our dad for causing so much destruction in Vault 101 when he left, nowhere can we bring up how Jonas was literally tortured to death, nowhere can we bring up radroaches attacked everyone and the guards were literally trying to MURDER YOU.

    No, your only responses are basically acting like you left a safe location just because you have daddy issues. Not because, you know, THE FUCKING VAULT WENT INTO CHAOS AND YOU WERE LITERALLY GOING TO BE TORTURED AND MURDERED IF YOU STAYED.

    Guess dad didn't really care about Jonas.

    Am I the only one who feels this way?

    submitted by /u/obsessivewalrus
    [link] [comments]

    Uhm, can someone tell me why I got attacked by EVERY ENEMY IN THE GAME???

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    Playing Fallout 4. I know I'm a bit late but I'm finishing this game after not being able to play in years!

    So I was at The Slog right, and got hit with a raid of Super mutants. To which I thought, ugh they're annoying but okay. Then stingwings and other insects came and I was like okay? Then the Forged and a bunch of robots came and I was like okay???? Then a BOS Vertibird came out of thin air and a deathclaw and I'm literally shitting my pants at this point. I fought them off but they ended up doing some damage. Is this a glitch?

    submitted by /u/GoatSenpai00
    [link] [comments]

    This has probably been done to death on this sub but i wanna hear some peoples favorite gun names

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    My personal one is my sawed-off shotgun I call "Insane Maxwell"( free thumbs up if you get that reference )

    submitted by /u/clickenbaits1425
    [link] [comments]

    If you could pick one perk from any Fallout to have in real life, what would it be?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    Perks you get from companions can also count

    submitted by /u/TheShrekScorcist
    [link] [comments]

    I just got fallout 4 and it’s the exact opposite of boring.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    No one told me how hard this game was gonna be I'm in kellogs hideout and these synths are harder than ever.

    submitted by /u/Swahhispro
    [link] [comments]

    What is the in universe explanation for the game being 50's themed?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    I know that's when the technology boost happened, but I still don't get why pop culture stayed that way for so long. I always kind of just assumed the 50s came back into style during the 2070s or something.

    submitted by /u/glock4acock
    [link] [comments]

    Be honest: how often do you kill Oliver Swanick, the Nipton lottery winner?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    Fallout 4 wardrobe scenario

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    I've been playing Fallout 4 for a long time now and I've never been able to find a way to make my character dress well and have good defense, I usually keep the vault suit on and use leather armour upgraded over it and that usually works out fine for me, but I was wondering if anyone else has any tips on how to improve my in game wardrobe

    submitted by /u/mr-mango101
    [link] [comments]

    a remastered New Vegas could be the perfect in between before Fallout 5

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    Since we know that the order of the releases will be Starfield, Elder Scrolls VI, and then Fo5, it's a safe assumption we could be waiting 7-10 years before the next fallout game. I think that just like fallout new Vegas was in between 3 and 4, i think it could do it again between 4 and 5. fallout 76 has been greatly improved but it's still not perfect, and it's support will end eventually. and new vegas could be a great filler. they already have the writing, setting, and base game. they would have to upgrade the engine, gunplay, movement, and the graphics. this isn't a small task but it's more attainable than an entirely new game. if they leased it out to a contractor (I know obsidian is busy right now, but maybe they could spare the personnel in a year or two) and it could release sometime around 2025, with fallout 5 being released some time around 2030. i know there's a ton of logistical issues with this, but it'll be pretty damn sad not having any new fallout for close to a decade. ideas?

    submitted by /u/Hulksdogg
    [link] [comments]

    My ranking of Fallout villains. In the games i played so far.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:20 AM PDT

    F1: 4/5. The Master himself is not the usual megalovaniac, destroy all things type. His ideas are not exactly bad, and if someone doesn't uncover the full truth, then even following him doesn't seems complete madness. Even more. Once the flaw in his plan exposed, then he realize the failure, and end himself. Considering the state he is in. I can understand this reaction.

    F2: 1/5. Another faction wish to end all life except their own.... These villains are boring.

    F3:

    2/5 The Colonel. This guy is trying to get stuff done, and seems more like a puppet, than leader first. Later it is shown clearly, that he is in charge. The only reason he is not 1/5 is, because he shows some willingness of civilized cooperation at first.

    3/5 President Eden is much more charismatic, and actually has a short term plan, and reasons behind that plan. Also he is willing to use diplomacy as a tool instead of brute force, and depending on your experience helping him might even look like a good thing.

    5/5 The Pitt boss. This guy has an agenda, willingness to recruit those who worthy, and has long term plans, and reasons behind his current actions. Even siding with him is questionable bad. As well as going against him is questinable good.

    4/5 for both. The ghoul is a mean asshole, and the brain is too dangerous to let live. Still both are willing to take help, and has some rationality. What makes them only 4 is the complete lack of long term plans. At least nothing they are willing to reveal. I personally killed them both.

    2/5 The ship's captain is just a usual crazy guy in normal clothing.

    ?/5 The Zetans doesn't seem to threaten all of humanity until you anger them. And we know too little about them to make judgement. Still i absolutely love that DLC.

    FNV:

    5/5 for House, and 4/5 for the rest. You might argue who is the villain, but majority would vote for the Legion. However all of them has good reasons, and long term plans. All of them accepts extra help, and none of them shoots you on sight. Until you make them angry at least. NCR, and Legion both lost a point, because of their megalovaniac attitude. Get rid of everyone who isn't willing to become our subjects. Though NCR is willing to let people leave at least.

    3/5 for the tribes. They got some reasons, but kinda primitive. Also shoots on sight, and no way of reason, or joining. Another "here are some guys to kill branch".

    5/5 for Mobius. He got some great writing, and reasons. While the rest seems to be crazy, and stupid. It all turns out, that there is a reason behind all of that. The only part i missing is to let Mobius live, but that's more like Obsidian's fault.

    4/5 for Elijah. Another megalovaniac, all controlling evil. However this one got detailed plans, smart, and he is not for total destruction. More like total control. Those who obey may live.

    1/5 for other Courrier. Beside the constant talking of nonsense over the journey this guys wants nothing but destruction. There is no long term plan, and even his reasons are stupid. You unintenionally destroyed his home, and he wants to destroy millions of innocents because of it. Also he is not even sure, that you care for those innocents. You could be a selfish villain who cares for no one except themselves. In that case his whole plan of trying to punish "your nation" is flawed to begin with. Since there is no "your nation".

    F4:

    3/5 for the Institute. They let you join without rationality, explain almost nothing of their long term plans, or the reasons behind most of their past crimes. You are in the big fucking dark, and the only reason to help them, is because of Shaun. Who i don't even consider my main character's son. He might share his DNA, but he was not raised by him/her.

    4/5 for the RR. They let you join, got reasons, and have a short term plan at least. Even seeing them as a villain is up to view. However there is no long term plan.

    5/5 for the BoS. Seeing them as villain is up to point. But they got reasons, short term plans, and long term plans as well. They willing to accept help, not shoot you on sight, and able to use diplomacy beside brute force.

    1/5 3/5 4/5 for Nuka world gangs. The disciplines are 1/5. They just a bunch of bloodthirsty crazy raider. 4/5 for the animal lovers. At least they got some rules, and plans, and willing to accept those who prove to be strong enough. 4/5 for the Operators. They got long, and short term plans, reasons, willing to accept recruits, and might even be willing to accept deals with other nations in the future. No long term plan though.

    Ranking in general. Each of these gives one point: short plan, ability to join, or good reason for not letting you join, reasons behind actions, and long term plans. -1 for megalovania, because that is like every second villain's goal. And another -1 for brute force only, because that is the tool of every second villain as well.

    So what is your ranking?

    submitted by /u/Jewbacca1991
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone sympathize the Enclave?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    I know they are corrupt and evil, but they are still post-war United States.

    I also think you can play as Enclave in New California mod.

    submitted by /u/Mytriptorussia2018
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get the speech ending in FO1

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    When I speak to the master, I'm unable to even open the part where you talk to him about mutants being sterile. The speech option just isn't there. I have moderately high charisma and intelligence, and over 100 speech. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/Sporebill-circlehat
    [link] [comments]

    Just thought I'd post my most recent video inspired by Fallout NPCs.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    It's mainly about how sneak makes you invisible.

    Here's the link.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0iLgO79QgA

    submitted by /u/EriYama
    [link] [comments]

    Bethesda wish list?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 10:02 PM PDT

    If you could have Bethesda release anything to add to the fallout series game/remastered/movie (I know their making a show but never enough fallout) etc

    submitted by /u/notnick123
    [link] [comments]

    Which DJ do you think is the best one?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 11:57 PM PDT

    Personally I love the fact that the radio stations aren't just radio stations, but also have personalities behind them. Their personalities are just so much fun to listen to, talking about my exploits. So I was wondering, between three dog, Mr. New Vegas, and Travis "lonely" Miles, who's your favorite. Personally I really love Three Dog, he's just so witty about the news and I love his voice.

    submitted by /u/jardology
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else feeling a bit off about the upcoming TV show?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    Lots and lots of mixed feelings over here. Ranges from worrying that they'll mess it up somehow, all the way to just simply not wanting it because the idea of a TV show being the face of a gaming franchise.. kinda makes me anxious

    Hear me out a lil, I get I sound like a whiny little bitch right about now.

    I am a firm believer that there are certain profound, beautiful master pieces of story telling that can solely be told via the medium of gaming. To me, fallout, an RPG full of choice, decisions, encounters etc, is one of them. To suddenly translate this into a TV show where there's only ever one objective narrative just makes me feel a bit unsettled.

    I don't know how they're going to go about it by all means of course not. But a part of me just really wishes they'd leave the franchise in its element.

    There's going to be a whole new, I'm assuming canon, addition to this world that we've previously managed to experience & immerse ourselves in through the beauty of gaming, that can now only be experienced if you have amazon prime (Disclaimer I've got amazon prime so that's not really the issue for me).

    It's kind of like what Pokemon did, y'know no one can say that Pokemon in its entirety is just a turn based RPG game on Nintendo systems anymore. It hasn't been that for over two decades now. Despite starting off as a game the franchise has become its own entity independent from gaming entirely. The difference between Pokemon and fallout is though, Pokemon was always destined to be something of a big multi conglomerate billion dollar franchise just by virtue of its whole "collect em' all" premise..

    Who knows. Maybe I'll really, really love the show.. but for now I'm super uncertain on whether it's a good idea or not.

    submitted by /u/swegboie
    [link] [comments]

    I Hope Stephen King Will Be The Lead Writer For The Next Fallout Games

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    Well, that's it. That's pretty much it. I just want to share my thoughts.

    submitted by /u/duumb_slayer
    [link] [comments]

    Wild Wasteland on a first playthrough?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    I'm gonna be starting my first playthrough of New Vegas today and it seems like Wild Wasteland would be really fun. However I was wondering if it would be better to not have it activated for my first playthrough in case it kills the tone a bit. What do you veterans think?

    submitted by /u/DaSweetrollThief
    [link] [comments]

    So a synth looked at me when i was in kellogg's memory.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    What the heck, do they think and operate beyond the space time continuum?

    submitted by /u/arrriah
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play Fallout 4 in its entirety for the 7th time???

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    Man, I have 7 games on my ps4 I just have no interest in even starting.

    But fallout 4 looks pretty good just sitting there collecting dust. Should I fire it up? Don't dare me I'll do it.

    submitted by /u/MonsterInYourParasol
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Settlement Starter Kit Help

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    On my second play through and this time around building settlements is all I want to do

    However I feel like I'm under utilizing this feature both practically and just for fun (eg. I just learned you don't need to connect light bulbs to a power source but just need to be in the area of a rely)

    I get settlements are like legos and building is up to your imagination, but what are some not obvious things you can do with building settlements? Make people 100% happy? Where do find concrete?!? I've heard if you're far in the game settlements can make you caps which sounds great but I have no idea how. Are there guides for this kind of stuff?

    I've been looking this stuff up every time I have a question but I'm sure I'm missing a ton...

    submitted by /u/BToxic_personality
    [link] [comments]

    For various frustrating reasons, I am unable to install any mods on Fallout : New Vegas. Is the game's stability bad enough that it's not worth playing without mods?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    Disclaimer : This is not a "is fallout worth playing" post.

    I hear horror stories about save files corrupting and endless crashing and after a bit of research, it's seemingly looking like it would be pointless to even attempt the game in it's vanilla state. This sucks because I just bought the ultimate edition via a Steam sale. Are the crashes really that bad or is it overblown?

    I'm essentially trying to figure out if I can reasonably play and beat the game in it's vanilla state without losing hours and hours of playtime due to an inevitable corruption/game break.

    tl;dr - Is it possible to play through vanilla FNV, or have I wasted my money. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/HardenUpCunt
    [link] [comments]

    How does attaching a vacuum hopper to your workshop impact provisioners?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    I'm currently trying to maximize scrap output for my settlements. The best way of doing this with scav stations is to keep your workshop clear. If I automatically do this, will it eventually drain all of my workshops if I have them connected?

    If anyone has any experiences with this please let me know!

    submitted by /u/vegetarianlions
    [link] [comments]

    To the modding community on Fallout 4

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    Thank you for just posting your creations, be it minor patches, or armor, or environmental mods, or radio etc. You have given life to fallout 4 and if it wasn't for your love of the game than everybody would of just moved on rather quickly. Not just that but the constant shit you have to deal with by reading entitled people asking, wanting, "suggesting" and or just constantly wailing because said mod won't work with your's. Just sounds tiring. So I speak for myself on this just thank you. I am a console player and I am grateful for your contributions on Consoles and PC (though I don't play on it) . I hope you just know that not everybody is the same be it Console players or PC player's. There's shitty people on either side

    Also for the console users who use mods and are having issues with the game for downloading said mod "look up a load order and just know that if your playing on consoles, your just going to have to understand that you can't put so many mods in your game and have them all play well with each other. Without taking the proper time to understand where each mod goes, almost certainly doing a trial and error. Choose the mods you really think will make you want to do an entire playthrough from start to finish and remember the load order's aren't a definitive answer or fix to your modded playthrough, they give you suggestions that worked for them.

    Don't go and whine to the author of the mod because they don't owe you nothing, Just explain politely your situation or bug on consoles and just know that there is a giant possibility that it won't get fixed because it was intended to be used on PC. You can't whine knowing that. Your not entitled to anything these people literally do it out of love for the game. You shouldn't suggest anything either because if you can't do it than why bother?

    Also read the comments below said mod and notice if it has been answered or not, if your question coincide's with another users question than don't repeat it just know that it's not fixed, look at the date or year that the mod has been updated and consider what you type next. Many of the modding community are nice people, they just don't want to deal porting their mod over to the consoles for X reason. It's not for you to decide. Except it and move on. Maybe one day they will. For now we should just be happy.

    This one is a big one, for those that do have permission from the authors to port over their mods just thank them and understand that it's not their mods and they can't fix anything since it was ported over, they can only update what the mod author updates, so be patient

    submitted by /u/JailedWarbler
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment