• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 29, 2020

    Fallout | I really don't get how there are still such specific accents in the fallout universe after 210 years.

    Fallout | I really don't get how there are still such specific accents in the fallout universe after 210 years.


    I really don't get how there are still such specific accents in the fallout universe after 210 years.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    Like for example; Cait. She is Irish(though as an Irish person, her accent doesnt actually sound much like an actual Irish accent lol). Yes, I know that a lit of Irish people would've lived in America before the war, but she was raised with only her parents, who are both presumably Irish also? They would've both had to have been at least 2nd generation Irish-Americans, so how does it make sense that they, along with Cait, would still have such a strong accent? Same with Arturo, Yefim and Vadim. It really doesn't make sense when you look at the facts.

    The majority of North America would have the typical American accent, and accents are influenced a crap ton by the accent that one is predominantly surrounded by. Cait was sold to slaves at age 18 and fought in the Combat Zone for a multitude of years, but somehow still kept her accent as strong as it is despite this. Yefim and Vadim run a business in Diamond City, a densely populated, large settlement with the majority of accents being a stereotypical American accent.

    Sorry for the rant, I've just been thinking about this a lot lately and it's been bugging me.

    submitted by /u/physhes
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts & Ideas to better differentiate enemies part 2

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    Part 1 here

    Continuing where I left off. I wanted to add that enemy (and player) movement should take the body type, weight, and dimensions into account. Bipedal humanoids for instance can turn around easily, especially when standing still, but having all our weight distributed across two legs makes acceleration laborious. Meaning there's a short "wind up" from motionless to jogging, and then to running.

    Similarly, while we can steer while sprinting, it slows us down; we'd stumble and hurt ourselves if we tried to make a snap turn. Compare that to say, a giant ant, or radscorpion.

    Many legs let you accelerate easily; anyone whose seen a Roach dart away from the kitchen light understands this. Those fuckers just go off, but forcing them to change direction is their downfall. Many legs can't turn quickly, or one pair of legs will stumble over the pair in front of it. The trick to stepping on a Roach is stepping adjacent to it. This scares it into pulling a sharp turn, which forces the roach to stop; that window is when you bring the other foot down.

    MY POINT BEING. Circle strafing should be the Achilles heel of the radscorpion. Ghouls should slow down a bit when they barrel around the corner at very high speeds. Ghouls also need collision physics. It's bullshit the way they glide over obstacles and each other to hit you with the flying tackle.

    Anyway, moving onto...

    Supermutants

    • While it is creatively bankrupt, I've made peace with the fact that 50 gallon drums of FEV were stashed all across the United States.
    • If Bethesda is too lazy to invent something new that fills their niche; they could at least make them into something more interesting than big, green raiders.
    • Supermutants in the Bethesda games are basically what happened when Bethesda copied Games Workshop's homework (they made Warhammer 40k). I say lean into it.
    • No more god damn hunting rifles for Muties. The rifles are slow, have a tiny hand operated bolt, and require careful aim (no really, just imagine a Mutie trying to aim down sights with a rifle 3 sizes too small for it, it's comical).
    • Muties don't have to be nice, but they should chill out a bit. Make them smart enough to realize that big, green, sausage fingers suck for crafting weapons, and that unlike humanity; they are finite. So, they take in humans/ghouls as clan members to keep their guns working in exchange for safety. Of course, they're still 'mutant supremacist' groups like the commonwealth supermutants.
    • Mutants are big boys. They get 20-50% more health than humanoids of similar level, based on their class. Durable limbs, and crowd control effects are diminished by one step (knockback becomes knockdown, knockdown becomes stagger, etc). They're bodies are resilient to poison and bleed damage, but not fire (FIRE BAD!).
    • Lower level muties flee when wounded, at 25% hp threshold. Most muties frenzy at their hp threshold. High level muties and leader classes berserk (remember the brutes from Halo 2? specifically the ones from Halo 2).
    • Major threats in the form of aggressive melee classes (because their big, green, muscle-men duh!), they can even duel wield. Ranged classes favor automatic weapons and big guns, favoring generous magazines and high volume of fire, as well as fire. All classes make use of thrown javelins and tomahawks.
    • They're big. I know it's obvious, but it should be reflected in combat. When the player is outside of power armor, muties will have an easy time of staggering/knocking down/knocking back the player. Muties attack faster than the player in melee ( a sledgehammer is a one-handed weapon with normal speed to them, a machete is a knife to them and has fast speed in their hands)
    • 'civilized' mutants spawn with better gear at high levels. Forged armor plating, Deathclaw hide wristguards/boots, and bumper-swords crafted to dimensions befitting a mutant. Some of them even figured out grenades, .50 cal machine guns, or tamed a Yao Guai as their own "hunting dog".
    • 'typical' supermutants spawn alongside floaters and centaurs who flush out the player and reveal mines. They fight dirty using mutant suiciders, and self-made 'grenades' that splash a region with radioactive waste that persists in the environment for a short time.
    • Bring back the Nightkin. Have them follow the player, and wait until their engaged in a fight before revealing themselves. Program them to patrol bed locations in dungeons too.

    Mutated bugs

    • This will take some time, lot of ground to cover; it's a varied group
    • Bugs take 50% extra damage from fire, because fuck the very idea of giant bugs
    • They take 25% extra damage from poison, which also hurts their AP (Insecticide aerosol grenades)
    • FEV mutation is faster than nature, but also skips the naturally occurring QA steps of natural evolution. As the bugs grew massive, they nearly outgrew their wings and legs (Hence why you see them chilling in the game world, they're resting) they're easy to immobilize.
    • Burrowing enemy types lose the ability at 50% health, that shit gets old. Emergence animations need to be better telegraphed. Having the same 3 radscorpions fly straight up your ass 4 or 5 times ain't fun
    • Remember what I said earlier? About fine tuning the movement and turn speed of certain enemy types. That comes in here. Radscorpions should consume a generous chunk of their AP emerging from the ground, at least 60%. Meaning they can't chase you too far from the hole before they run out of steam, or you could exploit their slow turn speed with circle strafing (it's not cheese, radscorpions spawn in groups)
    • Important thing being, radscorpions are now dedicated ambush predators (just like real life). Instead of the persistence hunters who had limitless energy for digging holes, erupting from holes, and then chasing a human (a persistence hunter mind you) across the damn wasteland; until it got bored and teleported burrowed it's way up your ass again.
    • Scorpion claws target the legs, and deal bonus limb damage. Just like real life, the claws don't kill. They maim you, and keep you still long enough for the stinger to land. If your legs are fine, the stinger attack is telegraphed well enough to be dodged by anyone paying attention.

    Part 3 soon

    submitted by /u/NaiveMastermind
    [link] [comments]

    If tomorrow, Bethesda announced a Fallout New Vegas 2, what would you most want from it?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    About a week ago, I finished my first playthrough of New Vegas, and while I admit Fallout 4 is still my favorite game, New Vegas had probably the most satisfying ending (the slides that show how you affected the future was easily my favorite part). It instantly made me want Fallout New Vegas 2.

    But as my title asks, what would you want in a Fallout New Vegas 2? Would you want a sequel or a prequel? Would you want New Vegas remastered using modern graphics, or a new edition that adds in some cut content? Do you want Obsidian to make the game, or Bethesda itself? Do you want Mr. New Vegas to return, or do you hate yourself?

    submitted by /u/FreddyPlayz
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout Nuka Cola Quantum

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:25 AM PDT

    Anyone else think that fallout should team up with jones or another soda company again and re-release the Nuka Cola Quantum? I never got around to getting it when the release of fallout 4 came out and now I want them but they're like $16 a bottle. Does anyone else wish they would release them again?

    submitted by /u/Aidan4994
    [link] [comments]

    Is the laser musket only good for ambushing?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    The laser musket doesn't have any damage boosting mods, it's base damage is only a little higher than the laser gun which is overcome by even the most basic capacitor upgrades. After that the laser gun has higher dps by being semi/full auto and with a much higher magazine. So what does the laser musket have to offer me except poor damage to ammo output ratio? The only conceivable use I can think of for the gun is to wind up as much as possible and use it as the first shot in a fight; but that seems like a bit of a hassle in most situations and the gun is pretty heavy to carry around just in case of a challenging encounter.

    submitted by /u/RoadTheExile
    [link] [comments]

    What would happen if Big MT scientists would break out to the Mojave Wasteland?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 12:54 AM PDT

    A Horror Game set in the Fallout Universe would be a match made in Heaven.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 05:59 AM PDT

    Am I the only one who thinks the Fallout Universe would be an absolute perfect setting for a Horror Game? I know there are mods for this, but I'm talking about a legitimate, built from the ground up Horror Game. There's tons of locations that's absolutely perfect for a Horror Game, a Vault for example. Maybe a forest, a Military Base or even the Wasteland itself. Plus with FEV and Radiation, who knows what kinds of Monsters would be lurking out there just waiting for a meal. No matter what, you cannot convince me the Fallout Universe wouldn't be absolutely perfect for a Horror Game.

    submitted by /u/TheCrowsNestTV
    [link] [comments]

    Can you guys help me going into fallout 4 with a different mindset? I want to enjoy it.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    Hey,

    First things first. I don't wanna hate on fallout 4 and I really want people to change my mind about this game. I really don't know where to get help and tips to enjoy.

    My favorite game of all time is fallout 3 (although sadly I couldn't finish it because of technical reasons). I just loved the variety, quest, characters, atmosphere and basically everything. Fallout 3 is a really unique game imo and the best I've ever played. I just loved all the little stories I've encountered and places I have visited. It really felt alive and every place told a story. (could be a bit off topic but I loved tes oblivion and morrwind which I couldn't finish either because of technical reasons)

    For almost 3 years now I'm trying getting into fallout 4 (and skyrim). But I can't really tell why I can't. But I'm gonna try.

    The biggest problem I think is that I will be disappointed with the things I loved about those things I've mentioned. I heard choices have no weight and it's more simplified. I heard side quests are bad and the game is basically go there, kill, loot and go to quest giver. Which sounds pretty boring (i played until the first settlement. And I really liked that you could read on the terminal in red rocket and it says there is a secret under the red rocket station). .

    Another thing that I'm afraid of is settlements. I'm afraid of constant attacks and having to manage them and therefore being stressful and taking me out of exploring and other things.

    Ironically over the years i became a completionist and started getting fomo on most games and i'm trying to get that habit off of me. Stuff like can't decide which build to play. Afraid of messing up and getting stuck. Afraid of missables. And constantly changing my mind on build and other stuff. I have such a problem with decisions. Depression and I general mental health issues are a big problem of mine. I probably overthink everything and get headaches all the time. Although I'm sure if I would play fallout 3 now I could enjoy it with no problem. (all the same problems with skyrim, except that I simply get bored and don't like the atmosphere somehow. But some interesting quests could change that. But before that happening i already get bored).

    I really wanna enjoy this game. I really do.

    submitted by /u/Krykox
    [link] [comments]

    If fallout was set in London what location, factions,Quests, weapons and time period would you want?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    For all drinkers and fallout fans ��

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    https://m.imgur.com/a/zJwy1

    Found a link to make an alcoholic nuka cola quantum! If this isn't allowed then plz remove. No hard feelings!

    Above is a link to the nuka cola quantum alcoholic drink. Im drinking it now and its kinda sweet. If you put all the ingredients in and put it under a black light it glows!

    submitted by /u/Dictaorofcheese
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76 is unplayable,literally

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    I didn't get any responses in the fallout 76 subreddit so I thought I should at least try here.I have been debating getting 76 for a while and decided to pick it up I got home downloaded it and picked it up the next day.I played for 30 minutes to familiarize myself with it and I get on 4 hours later and the game blue screens in the sign in screen.I have tried everything except for uninstalling and initializing.Is there any other fix?

    submitted by /u/TheLastHope67
    [link] [comments]

    The quickest way to "redeem" the series is by remaking the original Fallouts

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    This is not the first time I say this. Many of us would argue that Fallout has been going downhill for about a decade now. Fallout 4 was heavily criticized and a point of controversy for the community, and the release of 76 was an all-time low. I myself have mixed feelings regarding the former, and even though I didn't dislike the latter as most of you, it still is mediocre at best. Furthermore, with Bethesda working on Starfield, then the next Elder Scrolls, and the continuous work they have to put on 76, I don't think we're seeing a new Fallout game in years.

    Which brings me to my point. Notice I said new. But what about remaking an already existing game using current technology and means? I get that doing it is far from easy, even if the story is already written, but there's already a plot, an engine, and a market for it. I'd even take it if they focused more on Fallout 2 and release the remake of 1 as a prequel.

    There are huge maps in both games with few locations and quests, so maybe they'd need to find a way to work around that. I thought about adding settlements, like in Fallout 4, with radiant quests, and then a bunch of random encounters and a few ruins to explore. They could add survival mechanics regarding basic needs (which have been there since NV) and meteorological conditions (like sandstorms or acid rain, kinda like Stalker). Apart from that, all that'd be left to do is voice the NPCs and maybe add a music radio station, so that there'd be one at least.

    Imagine it. By remaking the OG Fallouts in the current engine you have the best of every world; the story of Fallout 1 and 2, the unforgiving and desolate atmosphere of 3, the choice-and-consequence and reputation of NV, and the customization and settlement building of 4 and 76. Then again, I'm aware it wouldn't be easy nor cheap, and that it most likely won't happen, but imagination is free I suppose.

    Any thoughts? Does anyone else want to see the originals remade? Or maybe re-released with other, minor improvements?

    submitted by /u/Pax19
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I being asked to go all the way to Somerville Place so early in the game?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    Recently started a new character and I've only just gotten to Diamond City. I feel like I only did a few settlement missions for Preston before he's talking about retaking the Castle. I said it wasn't time yet and he gave me the Raider Troubles at Somerville Place quest. Somerville Place is very far south and on the edge of the Glowing Sea. That's seriously treacherous territory, and you're asking me, someone who just woke up in a vault a few weeks ago, to trek all the way down to the edge of the Glowing Sea to help set up a settlement? How about somewhere nearby?! Wouldn't it make sense for Somerville Place to be one of the last places settled, if the Minutemen are starting and expanding from the northeast?

    submitted by /u/zorfog
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 - Any mod that restores location markers on compass in survival mode?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    I don't really care for the enemy markers, but the location markers would be neat to have. I'm having a hard time finding points of interest with them turned off.

    submitted by /u/LeChef01
    [link] [comments]

    Can you fast travel after Banished From The Institute

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    So I found out that in order to keep my minuteman line going I had to be banished from the institute, so I went in there with a minigun and Fatman and went to town, now I can't fast travel out. I cheated my way to santuary but I still can't fast travel. It says you cannot fast travel from this location

    submitted by /u/CompleteCountry1
    [link] [comments]

    How do I help Benny escape in fallout new Vegas

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    How do I help Benny escape the fort in fnv

    submitted by /u/WhyOhio69420
    [link] [comments]

    In today’s money, how much would each type of robot cost?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    A Fallout Game on a Faction?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 02:17 AM PDT

    You heard the title. I was wondering after watching some youtube videos if that if Bethesda were to create a Fallout game dedicated to an In-Game Faction what would it be?????

    submitted by /u/Ly_nz
    [link] [comments]

    Music in a modern day Fallout

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:53 AM PDT

    I don't know if it's been discussed already, but I'm curious what music (Genres, songs, artists, albums, whatever you like) do you think would (/should?) be playing on a "radio" if Fallout's nuclear war happened in today's times?

    submitted by /u/GlouX9
    [link] [comments]

    BOS vs Minutemen FO4

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    Oh man, I'm having such a dilemma right now. I'm trying to decide which I should support/side with and it's proving very hard to choose.

    I love both, for different reasons. The Minutemen are a cool militia group that has only the best interests of the people of the Commonwealth in mind, but they are just that. A militia. Not a Military force. The BOS is a military force. A strict, hardline military force. Which I like in its own way because I'm a fan of that shit, and if it wasn't for the Minutemen I would have completely been with the Brotherhood from the get-go. On their own merit, I don't mind that the BOS are kinda fascist, but with the Minutemen in the picture for contrast it causes a moral dilemma for me. They are completely for and by the people, unlike the BOS who are often assholes to the locals. I want the Commonwealth to be strong and stable. The BOS can (maybe) provide this, but at what cost to the civilians? The Minutemen by comparison are somewhat weak on the grand scale of things. Being a militia group, it's not a governing body or military outfit. It's just a group of people pledging to protect each other. No bureaucracy or laws. No real progress from what I can tell. Unless as they grow they become more NCRish? I don't know but otherwise, they seem to just be setting themselves up for eventual destruction again because they aren't really setting themselves up in a lasting manner as other successful factions do. It also seems most people in the Commonwealth don't like the BOS, which doesn't make much sense to me. If I was living in a hellish wasteland I would be pretty happy, or at least optimistic, to see a giant Blimp and 100s of Vertibirds coming to "liberate" me from the horrors of the wasteland

    It's a tough choice for me. I've been going back and forth on my thoughts. I like the idea of being part of a bigger picture with the BOS, but I also like being the General of a good ol militia group with artillery.

    I would like to hear others opinions on the matter. I've been pondering this for most of my time with this game and I'm still not close to a decision.

    I wish there was a way for them to work together.

    submitted by /u/Pc_master_race699
    [link] [comments]

    Shotguns and Steady in Fallout New Vegas?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:26 AM PDT

    Its been a long time since I have played New Vegas, and I wanted to do a run with the Riot Shotgun. I was just wondering if Steady would be a good thing to use along side it.

    I used Steady a lot with my sniper character way back in 2015 and it was my favorite chem. Is it beneficial when used with shot guns, or should I just sell them?

    submitted by /u/lordtibboh
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like the only thing that is never done wrong in ANY of the fallout games is the music

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 02:33 PM PDT

    The music on its own sets a mood so perfectly that just listening to it on its own outside of the games makes me feel certain emotions that other video game tracks don't really exist in any other game I've played (except the Minecraft tracks)

    submitted by /u/Snoo-4878
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment