• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020

    Fallout | A Little Red Hat. [ Fallout 3 Spoilers ]

    Fallout | A Little Red Hat. [ Fallout 3 Spoilers ]


    A Little Red Hat. [ Fallout 3 Spoilers ]

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    I've always loved Fallout 3. I'd go as far as saying its my favorite game I've ever played even since I was a kid. I thought I knew everything about the game until last week a friend of mine told me there was a quest where you go back to Vault 101. A quest I had never done before.

    Flashback when it's your 10th birthday and Stanley gives you a little red hat as a gift. You can find the hat in your dresser when you're leaving the Vault. I ALWAYS wore the hat. I thought it looked like one I had as a kid IRL. It was always something my characters would wear just because I could see myself being excited about getting a hat for my 10th birthday and still owning it for so long.

    Flashforward and I return to vault and I continue with the quest. Visiting everyone and seeing how much disarray me leaving the vault caused. When Amata told me I had to leave I was upset because I thought after everything I could come back and have my childhood best friend again. I understood and left for the vault exit but I was reminded about Stanley giving me the little red hat. When I found him he made it very clear that I was nothing more than a nuisance to him and his vault. This was something of a gut punch to me just because I always thought he was a 'cool uncle' type character and he gave me my trusty hat. I unequipped my favorite hat and laid it on the table he was sitting at and left. I couldn't take back making life hell for these people but I could give back the one thing I was given, my little red hat.

    Now if you'll excuse me I have to take back the purifier for the first time hatless.

    Ps. I don't suspect many people will care but I thought I'd share my story with you all.

    submitted by /u/ObeyMirrorPark
    [link] [comments]

    [Fallout 4] Favourite Settlement And Why?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    I wanna start to focus on one main settlement but can't decide which.

    submitted by /u/ethanstehr
    [link] [comments]

    People who've played the originals, did you prefer having a few companions at once or just 1 at a time like in the new games

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 04:39 AM PDT

    I havent played so I dont know, but I like the sound of having a few companions simultaneously.

    submitted by /u/br_04
    [link] [comments]

    If there’s ever a fallout dlc or game that’s set in another continent

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    The trailer music better be "Somewhere Across the Sea" by Bobby Darin.

    submitted by /u/RetroKev1
    [link] [comments]

    need help for fallout 1 millitary base

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 10:56 PM PDT

    so right now i have a combat shotgun a minigun and a submachine gun and about 1600 caps, im trying to get in the military base and I know i will need more things for the fight.

    submitted by /u/justarealperson45
    [link] [comments]

    Is it just me or does the Legion have perhaps the best intelligence arm in the wasteland? Frumentarii seem to have eyes and ears everywhere.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    I mean Vulpes is able to come and go from the strip without being noticed on a semi-regular basis. Captain Curtis aka Picus has been embedded within the NCR Army since before the NCR and Legion started hostilities with eachother. Legionary Assassins whom I've always thought of as the frumentarii equivalent to the CIA's Special Activities Division are able to track down the courier anytime and anywhere. Setting up the plot with the Omertas to cause a distraction on the Strip to distract the NCR during Hoover Dam, and the list goes on. Meanwhile the best the NCR seems go get intelligence wise is a ranger or MP catching a lucky break. Even then Hanlon is sabotaging intelligence reports.

    submitted by /u/snake177
    [link] [comments]

    Which type of backstory, and main story you prefer?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    By backstory i mean the explanation of your past.

    Minor: you get a very short introduction, and mostly tutorial in early game, but there is almost zero knowledge about your past.

    Absolute zero: Like some modded starts in Oblivion, and Skyrim. You just there. Whatever story you got is up to you.

    Pre-written: Fallout3, and 4. Your story, and past is mostly pre-written, and the main quest is closely connected to that.

    By main quest i mean of 2 factor. Urge, and start.

    How urgent the main quest seems to be? You get the most powerful artifact in the world delivered on start, and the Emperor says, that the whole world depends on it? Or like in Unbound mod Skyrim. You got no main quest at all on start. So no urgency at all either. Fallout 2 similar. You know, that no matter what the current season is weak. So you got nearly a year to finish the main quest.

    The other is how the main quest should actually start? Should it be there the moment you are in-game, or should be something you can investigate but no real pointers, or something you get at a certain event. Or after a certain time.

    submitted by /u/Jewbacca1991
    [link] [comments]

    Some of my Fallout 4 screenshots #1 [spoilers]

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 01:54 AM PDT

    Link to screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/zHxejcV

    I would post here, but the option was disabled.

    submitted by /u/vv7vv7
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to find a rapid gatling laser without mods?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    Fallout 4: I joined the Institute and killed everything in it right after. Did I break the game?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:21 PM PDT

    What happens if you go to vault 81 before concord?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    In vault 81 you Tell A story how you help Preston in concord, but what if you never go to concord? Do character Tell other story? Or he/she gets Mama Murphy's powers and Tell what will happen

    submitted by /u/Noriaki_Kakyoin_OwO
    [link] [comments]

    Do you prefer the ghouls from fallout 4/76 or 3/new vegas

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    The change is very drastic and makes me wonder if looking like the newly designed ghouls is all that bad?

    I can't find any imagery of what a ghoul looks like in the first two fallout games however from Fallout 3 and New Vegas the ghouls are sickening. I would never want to look like that ever. However the ghouls from Fallout 4 and 76 look pretty okay for me, definitely would be happy looking like that if i could get the benefits that come with being a ghoul.

    I don't know why they changed a ghoul from a disgusting looking human, with a visible brain, red skin to see the muscles, a croaky voice that makes you scared and whispers of hair that slither down their cracked skin.

    And then went to ooh look at me my voice is a bit raspy and my skin a bit dark and shallowed, i have perfect hair and a chopped of nose.

    It just seems like being a ghoul from the recent games looks perfectly fine, Id happily be one in the future.

    Anyway do you guys prefer the ghouls from Fallout 4/76 or from 3/New Vegas

    submitted by /u/henrydeservedbetter
    [link] [comments]

    [Fallout 4] What Is The Best Faction?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 05:08 AM PDT

    I don't know too much about the factions other their names really. I've only done the beginning quests for railroad, minutemen and brotherhood. I keep hearing people say something about siding with a faction.

    Can I only pick one?

    If so which is the best?

    Or can I just side with all of them?

    Thanks for reading:)

    submitted by /u/ethanstehr
    [link] [comments]

    a (probably bad) concept I’ve been thinking about recently: a Fallout game with two protagonists/playable characters

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    You would create both characters and be able to role-play them however you wanted as normal, but the idea is that it could show two sides to the main conflict.

    The characters would never meet obviously, but what I'm thinking is they could start in two different regions with different backgrounds. So maybe one is a Vault Dweller and one is a wasteland native living in a war-torn hellhole. You would see how their different backgrounds effect them and present them with different kinds of choices.

    Certain parts of the main story would switch between the characters. Eventually, their personal missions would lead to them into similar areas, and one character may hear or see the effects of the other's actions without ever meeting them.

    So say the second guy arrives in a settlement, and you talk to some people and they mention stuff like "oh this vault dweller came by earlier and helped clear out some ghouls from the watering hole" and so forth.

    Their stories would indirectly intertwine.

    It's probably a bad idea, but it's a different enough take that I want to see what others would think.

    You all could probably do the idea more just than I, as I was half asleep when writing this.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Kaiju-Man257
    [link] [comments]

    [FO4] Robotics Expert perk questions

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    Rank 2 says "When you successfully hack a robot, you can incite it to attack." Does this mean it attacks everyone but me or just enemies?

    Also, rank 3 says "When you successfully hack a robot, you can give it specific commands." Does this mean they become companions or does it keep attacking until given a command? Does the command has to be given with the companion dialogue menu or within the hack menu?

    If they become companions after being hacked, does killing them after counts as killing a friendly character like a settler? Would you be able to bypass that by hacking it again and making it self destruct?

    submitted by /u/pravhoven
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76 Raiders

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    Stupid question, but I completed Strange Bedfellows a few days ago and have yet to get the next mission for the raiders, how do I trigger it?

    submitted by /u/SETitallABLAZE9
    [link] [comments]

    A question based on Nick Valentine.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    While doing another playthrough of Fallout 4, I saved Nick and went to his office. As we were talking he mentioned he was a prototype synth and was wondering why he was based of an old pre war cop. I wanted to get into further details of why maybe they did such. And maybe see some of your thoughts :)

    Why I believe they made a Synth off a Pre War cop's brain. I think it wasn't just an accident or a quick test, I believe they may have utilized Nick for more. I think the Institute needed a more proper role of a civilized being than just some Raider or Scavver off the street, they needed something to base the Synths inside the Institute off of, so when they try to show the world they want to help, they can actually maybe make the Commonwealth a civilized place. And what other prime example other than Nick, he was a Pre War character from before the war and he hadn't been poisoned with the paranoia of the Institute and Wasteland being.. Well.. A wasteland. Maybe your character was going to be that candidate then they found Nick, and maybe he wasn't enough so that's why they didn't just return and kill you, or they just didn't expect you to be such a threat.

    Nick's brains were put into some form of technology, where it was stored, so maybe they wanted something to base their Gen 3 synths off of to give a more "Realistic" and Human like personality. Maybe they wanted to rebuild the tech used to store Nick's old memories and rebuild it to store their top scientist's brains and make synths of them, to keep them forever, and not have to find more smart scientist. Especially since they're rare in the Wasteland.

    Discarding Nick: I feel the Institute just discarded Nick because he had a sarcastic personality and joked a lot, which the Institute probably didn't understand and thought he wasn't smart, or they even used him for combat skills. Either way, maybe they then thought the Sole Survivor would be the rest of what they need for these human traits, and as you find them not long after they want to announce their purpose, like they gathered the rest of the information by observing you, or something.

    Anyways, please feel free to share your thoughts and what you think Nick's purpose with the Institute was.

    submitted by /u/iRegretLots
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 won't work anymore.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    I bought this game 2 weeks ago, and it worked fine for a few days. I stopped playing to focus on Fallout 4. I'm not coming back to Fallout 3, and when I hit load, continue and even new game- The game crashes either as soon as I hit these buttons, or mid-way through loading. I'm starting to lose my patience, the stuff I've tried online aren't doing anything. I uninstalled the game and now I'm currently reinstalling it, see if it works. If it doesn't, and the same problem arises, what the hell am I supposed to do? I have 4 hours into the game, how does it just stop working?!

    submitted by /u/KashootUpTheSchool
    [link] [comments]

    Killing Mr. House during The house always wins VI

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    Hello guys. I am new to the Fallout franchise and NV is the first game I am playing and liking a lot. However I never liked the idea of working for Mr. House,even more now that he made me kill the Brotherhood of Steel,that were my friends. Most of the factions like me,except the Legion(I killed Caesar already) because I don't like murderous enslavers. So If I kill House during The house always wins VI,can you give me some insight of what will happen. I like the NCR and want to help them more. And I would like that you avoid spoilers If possible. Thanks!!!

    Edit:really thanks for the advices guys. I will kill House as soon as I can,and continue the game,using the possible ways. And I still have a save from soon after I received "The house always wins I". If I don't like the final I get,I will load this save and just kill House as soon as possible,never working for him,because I will not replay 50 hours of gameplay just for a few changed lol

    submitted by /u/JoaoTolin
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4: Mysterious Vault Suit Guy

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    Did anyone ever figure out who that guy in the vault suit from the fallout 4 trailer was? I was looking around on the internet but nobody really seemed to talk about it sense before the game came out, so I couldn't find much. If you don't know what I'm talking about go to the fallout 4 trailer and wait until it shows the pre war part. As it pans up to vault 111 you can see a guy in a vault jumpsuit standing behind the fence.

    submitted by /u/Spoonario
    [link] [comments]

    [FO4] "A new weapon has been detected. Add to weapon list?"

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    I just got this in-game message. "A new weapon has been detected. Add to weapon list?" and I don't know if is a vanilla message, or from some mod, but "Loot Detector" is the only mod I have that detects weapons. Is a legendary weapon.

    Does anyone know what happens if I select yes or no? Will it add it to the enemies weapon lists making them carry it? to what weapons list is it added?

    https://i.imgur.com/zn3w4dK.png

    submitted by /u/pravhoven
    [link] [comments]

    Paladin Danse deserved better

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    Say what you want about the Brotherhood and the Institute in Fallout 4, but I think we can agree on one thing: Danse deserved better. Ever since he was a child he believed in the Brotherhood, and would gladly lay down his life for them. So what if he was a Synth? That doesn't mean he hates the Brotherhood. Too bad Maxson was too narrow-minded and blinded by his own hubris to see that.

    submitted by /u/D00NL
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone has high resolution images of the posters used by the NCR?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 03:14 PM PDT

    So I am redecorating my room and bought some posters online. But one of the things I always loved about new vegas is how immersive the game is in large part due to the incredible amount of detail in world building. For instance, years after playing the I still remember the impact of the NCR propaganda cause in me while I was playing and would like to have a few of these posters on my wall. However I only found one version that I could print and it was a reproduction made by a fan.

    exemple: https://preview.redd.it/3ajr73n4zrw11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=5bcbd91ac498b1e0b8e195f93168d1e654c471d5

    https://gaming-thrones.com/img/fallout3/ncrpropaganda.png

    submitted by /u/red_condor
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment