• Breaking News

    Friday, July 17, 2020

    Fallout | Getting a terminal unlocked on the first word guess. Picking the pocket of an enemy and placing a live grenade on them. Firing a Fatman with the MIRV modification on a pack of low level raiders. These are the little moments in Fallout that keep getting me to come back to the series.

    Fallout | Getting a terminal unlocked on the first word guess. Picking the pocket of an enemy and placing a live grenade on them. Firing a Fatman with the MIRV modification on a pack of low level raiders. These are the little moments in Fallout that keep getting me to come back to the series.


    Getting a terminal unlocked on the first word guess. Picking the pocket of an enemy and placing a live grenade on them. Firing a Fatman with the MIRV modification on a pack of low level raiders. These are the little moments in Fallout that keep getting me to come back to the series.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 10:31 PM PDT

    Is It Just Me, Or Does Boston Feel and Look Small?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    Despite me enjoying Fallout 4 and sinking over 900 hours into it, If there's one thing that really annoys me is how small the Commonwealth is.

    It is pitifully tiny compared to almost every other fallout game. Or just open worlds in general.

    I mean, I timed it and I was able to start from one corner of the map (Sanctuary and vault 111), and got to the other corner of the map (Warwick Homestead) in just under 35 minutes. That's including stopping to kill enemies, jogging to regain AP for sprinting, and a small shopping spree at Diamond City.

    Had I avoided all of this except for maybe the sprinting and jogging, you can probably get there in just under 20 minutes.

    Now I get that with open world games it's not the destination that matters, but rather the Journey, but how can the journey be fun, if the sandbox is so small? It's claustrophobic, maze-like, and cluttered. I get that when a world ending event happens, buildings get destroyed, but does no one think to try and clean up some of the shit in 200 years? I mean it's like every corner you turn, rubble, ruined building, mail boxes, yaddya yaddya.

    The Mojave, in New Vegas (All hail our lord and savior), was big, expansive, and when I timed it, it took me at least twice as long. And that's stopping to kill enemies, waiting for AP to recharge with a sprint mod I have. And that's not even including the time it takes to get to New Vegas/Freeside from the base game.

    In Fallout 4, pretty much after the tutorial and opening (that are not optional), and maybe if you can stomach Preston one more time, you can just run your ass to Diamond City, and be there roughly 2 hours into the game. Fast Traveling is almost pointless, because it would be easier to just run there and get more enjoyment, then sit through another Bethesda loading screen, praying to our lord and savior Todd Howard it doesn't crash.

    As much as I dislike Fallout 76, the map size at least felt open, and you can breathe in it. The commonwealth, By Atom's glow it felt like it was suffocating around every corner.

    Anyone else feel this way? Or just me?

    submitted by /u/DexxToress
    [link] [comments]

    (Fallout 4) Am I crazy or is there seriously no dialogue with companions or anyone about "Father"? ((SPOILERS))

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    Alright so I decided to go back to Fallout 4 because I never finished it in the first place and thought I should at least see it through. Now I know its been fairly criticized and there is a good bit about it that have problems with too, but into this second play through I was actually beginning to overlook a lot of flaws and kind of get immersed into it. But I just hit a severe roadblock that is just baffling.

    So I go to the institute for the first time, go through the whole dramatic event of "omg Shaun is leading the institute, what a twist!", and when I leave I expect there to be some kind of interest or reaction from everyone about it. The whole goal of getting in was to find Shaun and yet there is NO dialogue options to tell your companions or faction leaders that your own son, the person you've been looking for this entire time is leading the group they all have been fighting against for so long. They don't ask you anything about what you discovered nor do you have the option to tell them.

    Am I crazy? Did I miss something? Or is Fallout 4's dialogue between the Sole Survivor and NPCs just that lacking? Obviously everyone already torn it apart and rightfully so, but what does everyone just forget about your son from now on like the first half of the game searching for him did not mean anything? Seriously if I missed something feel free to roast me on it.

    submitted by /u/LordKaiserKhan
    [link] [comments]

    Mirelurk Queens are very bad mothers.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    "Ok kids, I know I just shat you out but go fight that stimpak-spamming demigod in X-01 power armor for me."

    submitted by /u/zetabyte27
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to draw a Y-17 Trauma Override Harness for practice.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    Anyone else love blowing shit up in-doors?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    This is for all Fallout games starting from 3.

    I just love the fact that whenever you use anything to cause an explosion in-doors, all the physics objects go absolutely insane. It's almost as much if not more entertaining than watching the wacky ragdoll physics whenever you cause an explosion, just hearing all the items clank around and fly across the screen never gets old. Sure, it has the possibility of crashing your game and destroying your frame rate, but I really just do not care, it's always entertaining.

    submitted by /u/throwingupcats
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout in Poland:

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Warsaw, Warsaw never changes

    submitted by /u/Elbesto
    [link] [comments]

    Can the Institute teleport anywhere?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    I don't know if it's been said before but can they teleport anywhere on earth or just anywhere within the commonwealth?

    submitted by /u/Dorky-Dark-Type
    [link] [comments]

    Is this the best shotgun in Fallout 4?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    Form ranks quest not going away

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 12:37 AM PDT

    First question how many settlements do you need to complete the quest?

    second question. im pretty sure i have 8 settlements (which some parts of the internet say you need 8 settlements) and the misson has not been completed

    submitted by /u/xxEPIC_FENIXxx
    [link] [comments]

    For fallout new Vegas, would it be cheating to install a mod that restores cloak to Chinese stealth armor

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    The canon ending to Fallout 4

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    Isn't it obvious that the minuteman are the canon ending?

    submitted by /u/Slave-2561972917
    [link] [comments]

    My religion was created by Fallout.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    So this may be an unusual post bit I wanted to share it anyway.

    About 6 years ago I was absent of religion. I didnt have any opinions or beliefs on what happened when I died. However this all changed when Fallout 4 came out and I really started to view the game series in a much more focused perspective. Its really hard to explain but I now know in my heart that when I die I will wake up in Doc. Mitchels bed. It might sound crazy but I believe you go wherever and do whatever you want when you die. Complete freedom beyond what we can comprehend in this life, and for me its living in the Fallout Universe kicking ass and taking names like the martyr the wasteland deserves.

    I wanted to share this with the Fallout community to get youre thoughts and opinions. And to see if someone else might believe the same. Feel free to ask me anything and thank you all for your time.

    Edit: Thank you to those who showed support and positivity, it helps so much in this dark time of mine. I appreciate your open minded perspective. And to those who criticized my beliefs I only hope you find the certianty Ive found so you can enjoy the little things a little more..

    submitted by /u/FalloutGod2077
    [link] [comments]

    TIL General Atomics is a real Energy and Defence Company

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    They make Predator Drones too, which convinces me that they were written in on purpose by Bethesda.

    submitted by /u/Hephaestos15
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else just get freaked out every time they see a certain creature?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    Whenever I play Far Harbor I always have to use a mod that turns the Fog Crawlers and Anglers into Deathclaws. And whenever I play 76 I run away from Honeybeasts. So my question to everyone here is there a certain creature that freaks you out, disgusts you, or you're just generally displeased to encounter out in the wasteland?

    submitted by /u/Ambientmaple
    [link] [comments]

    A random thought I had that I regret - a way to make Assaultrons more terrifying than they have any right to be

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    All generic Assaultron dialogue replaced with Big Sister (BioShock 2) shrieks

    submitted by /u/8Bit-Armory
    [link] [comments]

    Help Identifying an old fallout hat

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    A year or so ago, my dad gave me an old fallout hat. He claims it came from a Bethesda representative (or whoever owned the rights to the series at the time). While working in an old computer store franchise that is now closed, someone came in and gave out some hats to celebrate the launch of the first fallout game. I've searched for hours, and I can't even find a picture or a reference. Any help identifying the hat would be greatly appreciated.Here's the link to 2 pictures I took: https://imgur.com/a/sjL8H8E
    Might make a post on the lost media subreddit later.

    submitted by /u/Shift_Representative
    [link] [comments]

    I want a Saturnite Shishkebab.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    It's all there in the title. Saturnite holds an edge and a temperature, therefore a full sized saturnite shishkebab would be the perfect weapon. I don't care what lore has to be created, maybe someone did a research partnership with Big MT, maybe they had another source of the stuff, maybe it could be a crafting material. Whatever has to happen, I want one, and I will name mine Firebrand.

    Addendum: Plasma instead of fire. Could use plasma ammo for balance reasons.

    submitted by /u/ThorgilsBoomer
    [link] [comments]

    A problem with facial reconstruction surgeons

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    I've been roaming around the Commonwealth in Fo4, and I can't seem to find any facial reconstruction surgeons. There was Doc Crocker in Diamond City, but I had to kill him for a mission. Is there any other surgeons in the Commonwealth?

    submitted by /u/unfathomable_potato
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76 question, I've noticed while playing that some people have like mobile almost trailer looking bases. (See full post please)

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 04:23 AM PDT

    Like for example on some events one being the Scorchbeast Queen fight I'll see some trailer like buildings around the battlefield or Fort Defiance right outside the fence where do people get those, I thought it was steam store item but I don't see it there or on the atoms store page. I'd like one for my game to make moving items so much easier

    submitted by /u/StalkerxJester
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Builds? Ammo Crafting the easyiest way / best way to farm XP quick?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    Hello i few days i quit FO76 because im done with this buggy crap of a game.

    Fallout4 was my first Fallout game and the reason why i buyed Fallout76.

    Now Fallout76 drives me back to Fallout4 because i want to play a good Fallout game and not this mess anymore.

    I remembered i was struggling back in the day with ammo in this game thats why is used a meele build.

    So my question is what is the easyiest way to get ammo? I know the Tinker`s Workbench is only in FO76 to craft Ammo.

    Does somebody have some recommendations for a ranged weapon build? ( commando,gunslinger,shotgunner)

    Whats the easyiest way to rank up to get some perks quick? ( I know intelligence boost xp) but can i farm some xp somewhere for killing enemies?

    Thank you fellaz.

    submitted by /u/briansw52
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with noir penthouse cc

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    It does not work I redownload it still does not work the strange singal has 0 sound

    submitted by /u/joebobbq
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing fallout 1, is the time limit something i should be worried about?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    Star Core Location Mods

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    Is there a Star Core Map Marker mod i can get? finding all of them is a pain

    submitted by /u/CommanderFlame
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment