• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 7, 2020

    Fallout | Disappointment with refusing the vault tech salesman.

    Fallout | Disappointment with refusing the vault tech salesman.


    Disappointment with refusing the vault tech salesman.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    I was thinking about how Far Cry 4 and The Outer Worlds have "early" ending options where you can do something really dumb to get an alternate ending to the game. In the beginning of fallout 4, when the vault tech salesman comes to your door, you can tell him you're not interested, he'll ask you to reconsider and if you refuse him again, the game forces you to fill out the paperwork anyways. It would have been relatively easy to instead put in an early ending where Nate, Nora, and Shaun all die after you tell the Vault Tech Salesman to get lost.

    Here's how it goes:The Salesman leaves. You go play with Shaun as usual. Codsworth calls you to the tv.

    Codsworth: "Sir? ma'am? You should come see this."

    Spouse: "Codsworth? What's wrong?"

    TV: "...Confirmed reports of Nuclear Detonations in New York and Pennsylvania..." (etc)

    Spouse: "Oh My God. What do we do?"

    PC: "I..I don't think there's anything we can do. I think this is it. This is the end. I love you."

    Spouse: "I love you."

    Codsworth: "If only you hadn't turned away that Vault Tech representative."

    PC: "Yeah. If Only."

    Roll credits, ask player to try again.

    I really don't like how hard this game railroads you sometimes. I thought that this could be a cool Easter egg for players who like to refuse the call to action. What you do think? Would you have handled this differently?

    submitted by /u/AlexV348
    [link] [comments]

    Found my copy of fallout 76 behind my couch... has it gotten better with the addition of NPCs?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    This is like a "serious" question, what's the title of 76 protagonists?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    I mean, we have The lone wanderer, The sole survivor The courier, but what is the title of 76's protagonists

    submitted by /u/HelpMePlsIAmDumb
    [link] [comments]

    No, Mr. Handies aren't murder-bots being held back by their combat inhibitors.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    It's crazy how many people think Mr. Handies have an innate desire to murder everything.

    The combat inhibitors are not named correctly. They're more like an identification module for hostiles. Robots in pre-war America had combat and self-destruct abilities built in because of the war paranoia. They're not there to stop your butler from massacring you.

    And Andy in Fallout 3 did not cut off Beatrice's leg because he wanted to and is a bloodthirsty killer. Background dialogue makes it clear his limb actuator has been malfunctioning due to lack of maintenance. That's why he destroys your cake. It's an accident; a muscle spasm sort of.

    /rant.

    submitted by /u/zetabyte27
    [link] [comments]

    How to get into Fallout 2?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    I can re-play Fallout 1 at any time as it's enjoyable, but I can't get into Fallout 2:

    • Same premise of "Get item X until date Y"
    • Into doesn't make much sense: starting as a tribal with next to no contact with any kind of technology, but you can use any weapon and technology just fine as if you've had prior training + an upbringing like an actual vault dweller
    • No real flow between places/towns you visit: in Fallout 1 just going from Shady Sands to Junktown felt natural in terms of narrative and flow, but I don't feel anything like that in Fallout 2 regarding the first 2 or 3 towns

    Any way to overcome that, because Fallout 2 has many important events for the later Fallout titles and for the Fallout lore/history in general.

    submitted by /u/SocraticQuestioner
    [link] [comments]

    The most powerful power armour in fallout 4

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 02:23 AM PDT

    I was wondering what is the most powerful power armour in fallout 4? I heard some different perspectives but never found an answer, can someone help?

    submitted by /u/Darkbrightv2
    [link] [comments]

    Fusion-powered Car crashes must've been terrifying.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    Imagine two or more cars get into a crash and each of them just become a mini nuclear explosion. That would be crazy.

    submitted by /u/DoDoBot48
    [link] [comments]

    The overseer would be proud

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    I had just walked out of the vault, fresh as the morning dew when im greeted by a man, He sends me a message asking if I would like some stimpaks, I say yes and I expect maybe 5 or 10, and this man drops me 126 STIMPAKS! He also then gave me 5k caps and a tone of plans, and now reddit here is where I ask something of you, if you own fallout 76 on xbox one, then please give this man the hook up of a lifetime, his gamertag is Tinmuffin94, make the overseer proud,

    submitted by /u/T_Hallsome
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite legendary fallout 4 weapon?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    In my opinion I like the explosive shotgun, and the Overseer's guardian.

    submitted by /u/Darkbrightv2
    [link] [comments]

    If the Amazon Fallout TV show doesn’t feature a play on words with Liberty “Prime” I’ll be disappointed

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    Example;

    It could be used in their marketing campaign; a Brotherhood of steel recruitment style poster featuring Liberty Prime, using the amazon prime logo

    submitted by /u/GoodNeighbourHancock
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout Companions in HeroForge

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    You might be familiar with HeroForge, which lets you design miniatures for tabletop gaming. I've been playing with it for a while and have created some of the series' companions, which I thought you might enjoy!

    submitted by /u/OverseerConey
    [link] [comments]

    Can your vertibird get shot out of the sky during the fort strong mission?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    I'm playing on survival mode with advanced needs and a bunch of mods to make the game harder, so I'm not sure if it's one of these mods. But when I'm attacking fort strong using the vertibird minimum, the behemoth never fails to hit vertibird, vertibird explodes, everyone falls out into the water and I start the land battle and rush into he shore

    Is this part of survival mode? This is my first survival playthru so Im not sure. I remember landing after killing the behemoth on very hard mode

    submitted by /u/10-cho
    [link] [comments]

    I caved and finally started a playthrough of fallout 4 survival mode.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    I turned off the radio for a while and the restrictions on fast travel really makes you take in the world and be really immersed. I didn't think i would enjoy a survival playthrough but here I am at level 25 still trucking along with it. I don't think I can go back to a non survival playthrough now.

    I find I'm being more careful with encounters and being more careful in my approach to situations and I find that more interesting than just stomping all over my enemies on lower difficulties

    submitted by /u/Korvas576
    [link] [comments]

    What we know about Jet's origin.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    Jet was invented before the Great War. It's popularity before the war led to it being issued to different Vaults during their construction, and that's all we know about it until 2241.

    In 2241, a teenage chemist prodigy named Myron who claims that he invented Jet, can be found just outside of New Reno. With a high enough intelligence, the Chosen One (The Player Character) can question the Validity of Myron inventing the drug. Implying that he instead just stumbled upon the drug and enhanced it.

    In response, Myron denies profusely that he didn't just find it. Through this dialogue, we can conclude that he is probably just some kid who enhanced an existing drug, making the production of it faster and cheaper.

    All of this information was available on FANDOM Wiki, and I have copies of the games myself and researched this myself (With difficultly of course because I'm terrible at OG Fallout). I just figured I'd help people understand the true origin of Jet, while it's true origin is still a Post-War Mystery.

    submitted by /u/Cpl_Hamknuckle
    [link] [comments]

    [FO4] Why are my settlers so nervous?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    Title is a bit of a joke. Basically, every playthrough I do my settlers will just pull a gun out. All the time, they'll pull out their shoddy pipe pistol, then after a second or so they'll holster it again. I've finished the Nuclear Option, but could they still be synths? Even new settlers I've obtained AFTER nuking the Shitstitute? Kinda don't wanna have to kill Sturges, but there will be no synths in my good, honest Sanctuary Hills. Except Curie. And Nick. And Mama Murphy, if she's been replaced.

    submitted by /u/lunardart
    [link] [comments]

    The Divide: What if the bombs never went off?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 03:56 AM PDT

    I'd like to put a discussion up for the community. If the package the Courier brought to the divide didn't set of the nukes what would the world of New Vegas or even the story have been? What would go on from there. Would there have been a 3 greater nation to challenge the Legion and NCR? Would they have been allied with Mr. House? What do you think?

    submitted by /u/cpettijihn117
    [link] [comments]

    I’m a Musician and I Got A New Instrument Today... Just Noticed it Has Something in Common With a Certain PA Skin

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    The railroad is wierd

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    So I just started a new play through and decided to pick the railroad (as it's the only faction I haven't fully sided with yet) and wondered if I could still join without doing any of the other main story stuff I ditched Preston and the lobby of the museum and haven't even gone to diamond city. I messed about a-bit and the went straight to the church to enter the railroad

    Usually you will meet them about half way through the game we're you have killed Kellogg etc and deacon will remark on this but not me What's weird is that deacon says your like this big icon yet you have barely done anything other than kill some raiders and ghouls

    submitted by /u/theboy__04
    [link] [comments]

    Which Fallout game has the best radio?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    My vote goes to 76 for the songs repertoire, although Fallout 3's Three Dog is my favorite DJ, with FNV a close second. What are your picks?

    submitted by /u/LeonardSchraderpacke
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout New Vegas is a masterpiece

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 07:11 PM PDT

    Even after nearly 10 years, I still find myself going back to it, I essentially grew up on it and it will forever be in my heart as one of the greatest games I've ever played period.

    submitted by /u/Icyan7901
    [link] [comments]

    I'm starting my first playthrough, any build suggestions?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    I'm kinda stuck between a heavy gun, a shotgun or a sniper build. although I'm open to other suggestions

    I wanna end up being able to fight all enemy's, late and Early game

    Estra questions.

    Are big weapons boring because they are op?/ Gatling weapons boring because you basically stand still while using it?

    Are a sneak/sniper builds able to kill big enemy's (deathclaw/angler fish demon enemy's) even if I mess up my sneaking attack and don't get the multiplier?

    submitted by /u/Eshasim
    [link] [comments]

    Are super mutants immune to radiation

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment