• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 15, 2020

    Fallout | All Fallout 4 needed was an option to destroy Diamond City or help an evil faction take it over.

    Fallout | All Fallout 4 needed was an option to destroy Diamond City or help an evil faction take it over.


    All Fallout 4 needed was an option to destroy Diamond City or help an evil faction take it over.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    And skill checks and more diverse dialogue system on top of this would probably shut down most criticism.

    I personally don't care all that much, but just has this showerthought.

    submitted by /u/DarthTomServo
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 had a lot more choice than people give it credit for.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    Here are a few examples of quests with varied rewards, choices and consequences

    Power of the atom In power of the atom you can disarm the bomb and get 100 caps or you can pass a barter check for 500. The penalty being if Mr. Burke is still alive he will send hitmen after you. Alternatively you can turn in Mr. Burke and he will kill Lucas Simms and it gives you access to an early Chinese assault rifle. Or you can side with mr Burke. You can get 500 caps or 1000 with either a barter check or black widow perk check which has unique encounters of him sending you letters. If you decide to nuke megaton after killing all of tenpenny tower and having Roy Philips in charge there is unique dialogue between him and Mr Burke.

    In tenpenny tower you can side with tenpenny and kill the ghouls for a small sum of 500 caps. You can side with Roy Philips and get the ghoul mask as well as everything inside the tower. To side with Roy Philips you will have to access the basement. To do this you can Lockpick the door, pickpocket the guard leader or talk to him and have him mention how he lost a key and you can find a key. The final option is to get a peaceful result by talking convincing all the residents to allow ghouls. This option gives you both rewards, however Roy Philips does kill all the residents anyways. I have heard online if you kill the named ghouls after the peaceful resolution then all the people live in Harmony though I haven't tested it myself.

    In the quest you gotta shoot em in the head. You can do as Mr. Crowley says and get 100 caps per kill or you can pass a barter check to get 200. You can ask around Underworld and people will tell you he's scamming you. If you confront him about it he will say he will still accept the keys for full price. You can decide to do as he says. You can get the keys via pickpocketing the individuals he wants killed or you can buy the keys or you can pass a speech check for them. Once you have the keys you can keep them for yourself and try to find fort Constantine and if you tell mr Crowley this we will atempt to kill you. You can give him 1 key for the location if the fort and you can pickpocket the key back. You can give him all the keys and follow him there and then he will attack you once you get there. And the final option is when you are asked to kill tenpenny, he will offer 200 caps for the death of Mr. Crowley or 300 in a barter check. Killing Mr Crowley will result in underworld being hostile. Siding with Mr Crowley will result in more caps but you don't get the second best set of armor in the game if you do this.

    In the quest rescue from paradise you can skip the whole quest with a hard speech check or a child of heart perk check. The first step if this quest is getting into paradise falls you can pass a barter check to pay 400 caps to get in, you can help the slaver with a quest to get in or if you have evil karma you can get in for free, you can also get in if you sided with the slavers at the Lincoln memorial. Once you get in you can buy the children for 2000 caps or 1000 for a hard barter check you can atempt to free them with a high Lockpick skill in which one of them will demand an adult gets free. To free the adult you can lie to him and get him killed in which the kid will go, you can help him sneak out or you can kill the paradise falls slavers and free them all. Doing this will kill useful vendors.

    Most fallout 3 quests are like this but people don't seem to give it credit for the amount of different ways to tackle the quests, I'm sure there are even more ways to tackle these quests that I don't even know about. I think that since a lot of these options don't have direct quest markers many people assumed they aren't even options.

    submitted by /u/Flat-Moon
    [link] [comments]

    (F3) Why do you lose Karma when killing alien workers in mothership Zeta but not when killing Enclave scientists?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:31 AM PDT

    This thing has been bugging me for ages. Enclave has a history of kidnapping and capturing wastelanders with high intellectual properties. It's possible that these same scientists are the ones which you can find in raven rock and in Enclave outposts. Killing these NPC's doesnt net you any negative karma despite them being unarmed and fleeing from combat. However, when you kill unarmed alien workers, you lose karma. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

    submitted by /u/Dumbledore_Bot
    [link] [comments]

    How bad is New York?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    Ok so I've heard that when the US was nuked, New York was completely destroyed. But DC wasn't as we saw in fallout 3. So my question is why was New York hit so hard but not DC?

    submitted by /u/Bloo-shadow
    [link] [comments]

    Shower thought: the events of 2020 feel like part of a Vault-Tec experiment.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    And I wonder who the overseer is.

    submitted by /u/carrotcake_2
    [link] [comments]

    My thoughts on certain kinds of Fallout mods

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    There has always been a kind of mod for Fallout games that bug me, and those are the ones that add the modern, hyper-realistic weapons. Don't get me wrong, they're cool and most of the time really well-done, but in my opinion, they are very out of place in a Fallout game.

    Before you tar and feather me, think about it. I know that there are some weapons in the games with real-world counterparts, and I'm fine with that. I think the ones chosen fit well. But when I see someone playing Fallout 4 wielding a super-realistic M16, Glock, and Uzi, it feels a little out of place next to the more modest 10mm pistols, hunting rifles, lever-action rifles, etc.

    Still don't understand? Watch some of Juicehead's videos (and I'm not saying they are bad videos, they're pretty good). The gameplay footage he often shows is him playing Fallout 4 with a bunch of ultra-real guns. Think: does that really fit?

    Note that this is just personal preference for me, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on it.

    Edit: for everyone who has or is about to comment "its a mod, you don't have to use them, I like them," I'm not saying I don't like them, but I think in terms of canon they feel very out of place

    submitted by /u/D00NL
    [link] [comments]

    I’m thinking of buying Fallout 3

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    As the title implies, I'm thinking about buying Fallout 3. Wondering first off if there's anything I should know before playing it, and additionally if I should buy just the base game or the GOTY edition.

    submitted by /u/Sociolinguisticians
    [link] [comments]

    Who are some recurring characters in the series? (other than Harold) (minor spoilers, of course)

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    I just met Harold in Fallout 1, and I was thinking. Is the the only character to appear in 3 of the 5 games, or are there others too?

    I mean, there's Marcus, who appears in 2 and New Vegas, or McCready (among others, of course) to appear in 3 and Shadow of Boston.

    Are there any other characters who actually appear in at least 3 of the games? (not including mentioned characters)

    submitted by /u/largeslavicman
    [link] [comments]

    FO3 Bad karma achievment

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:21 AM PDT

    Howdi folks!

    I am pondering if I should try and get the bad karma (and neutral) achievments all the way to level 30. But how does it work? Do I have to be evil every level?

    Any tips on how to go around doing this?

    I am a do-gooder normally so this is hard for me... :-)

    submitted by /u/Perperre42
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 2 do I have to give companions weapons

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    Or do they come with their own

    submitted by /u/Dieseldees73
    [link] [comments]

    What if the Lone Wanderer were placed into the Mojave Wasteland?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:39 AM PDT

    How would the Lone Wanderer fair against the setting of the Mojave Wasteland and the Legion?

    submitted by /u/roman2886
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Diamond City Radio. Favorite song?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 02:33 PM PDT

    When I first played Fallout 4 and discovered DCR I thought it was a soundtrack for the game, until I looked for "Happy Times" on Spotify and found out it was A Bob Crosby song from the 40's. This is my second favorite song, and the most beautiful song in the game.

    I have grown to like Diamond City Radio and want to know y'all opinions on it and your favorite song. Or tell me why you hate it, I don't care.

    I love "The Wanderer" by Dion DiMucci. It fits the vibe of the world so well and I literally smile almost every time it comes on while i'm wandering the wastes in my power armor.

    submitted by /u/AdjustedTitan1
    [link] [comments]

    Why are Gen 1 and Gen 2 Synths considered lesser than Gen 3s in terms of "humanity"?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Just in Fallout 4 in general, Gen 1 and Gen 2 Synths are treated as being totally programmed and slavishly loyal machines. Deacon says it starts going down the slope that, if you want to save them, do you want to save toasters, too? And he's a Synth yet has zero respect for them. Nick calls them "dumb as rocks".

    But when you sneak around Gen 1s and Gen 2s, you get a totally different view of them. They'll say stuff like:

    Odd. My scanners must be malfunctioning.

    Are you attempting an ambush?

    The sensitivity of my sensors clearly needs adjustment.

    Stealth capabilities. Fascinating.

    Gone? Hmm.

    Your stealthy attack was unsuccessful. And now you must die.

    A regrettable occurrence.

    Movement detected? Curious.

    Hello. Goodbye.

    Hmm? Contact detected? Possibly.

    I regret any suffering you may incur.

    I am the victim of violence.

    Are you sure you want to do that?

    These don't sound like things an unthinking robot would say. Who programs a robot to go "Hmmm" and "Oh". Protectrons don't have remotely this type of personality and ability to question, reason, etc., and frankly, Mr. Handys and Mr. Gutsys, outside of say Codsworth and Curie (who are VERY unusual circumstances), also don't.

    They seem to express curiosity, question occurrences in real time, adjust on the fly by using intelligence, and use plenty of "I" and "My". They seem to express tons of individuality while having the basic programming of protecting or carrying out Institute orders.

    Sure, they don't have organic bodies, but neither does Nick and nobody would question his sentience.

    So overall, I'm just curious why the characters (even Synths like Nick and Deacon and Curie) treat Gen 1 and Gen 2 Synths as nothing but the equivalent of a toaster or a turret. It would seem to me that Glory is right in that they ARE worthy of freeing, and certainly aren't stupid mindless machines. Yet Glory is one of the very few Synths who seem to realize this of their fellows.

    Seems like a real interesting part of the lore that is just totally...ignored? Written off as being some idiocy Glory came up with? They certainly seem no less "human" than Super Mutants or Ferals.

    submitted by /u/Snips_Tano
    [link] [comments]

    fallout 4 black screen

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    I honestly need help on this, im on console and every time i search the glitch up its all PC, all i want to do is play some fallout 4, im honestly worried and would like some help here

    submitted by /u/DrCoomerPhD
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4: Help with Long Time Coming bug??

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 04:14 AM PDT

    I was halfway through collecting holotapes when one of them are glitched under a tato plant at Abernathy Farm.. I tried glitching my way through the ground to grab it but that didn't work. I also tried loading older saves but the only other saves I have are really old.. Is there anything else I can do other than loading an older save to continue this quest?? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Rixrenn
    [link] [comments]

    Who here cancelled fallout 1st after the insane banwave on Fallout 76?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:33 AM PDT

    Underwater Exploration

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    In the next game they should add underwater exploration similar to subnautica with mutated fish and an aquatic power armour mod/varient

    submitted by /u/0N3-M3M3Y-B01
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help with New Vegas

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    So I started my New Vegas play through fine, I got all the way up to ranger in the NCR and it's MUCH more fun to play than 4 is.

    On this one quest, a Legion member brings you a medallion to see Ceaser. I didn't get to see his dialogue, so I took it and didn't think twice of it. After doing a few NCR quests, I have racked up a bunch of kills on Legion members, and now the medallion doesn't work anymore. I have been told that I need to get the chip from Ceaser to give New Vegas to the robot, but I can't seem to find a way to talk to Ceaser without getting fired at. I have tried putting on legion clothes to talk but when I get near him, dogs bark and people start shooting at me. Please help as I would love to continue the main story and I'm not sure how... any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Rex564
    [link] [comments]

    Is the brotherhood right to doubt Danse?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:37 AM PDT

    I haven't played Fallout 4 for a long time so maybe some detail is wrong, but one of the most frequent discussions here is about Danse and the Brotherhood. Although I love Danse and he is consciously extremely loyal to the cause, he is however a synthetic. I have doubts about what the institute can do with synthetics, but if I remember correctly, taking possession of them remotely or installing a bomb inside them is one of the possibilities.

    That said, it doesn't matter if Danse is a fanatical supporter of the Brotherhood. If the Institute can take control of him, he is too dangerous to remain a Paladin and to stay alive.

    submitted by /u/Nrevolver
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have a fix for the Institute lighting?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    In the Institute, I can never look directly at the lights because my entire screen goes dark. I do have a video, but for some reason it won't let me do a video. Does anyone have a solution for the lighting?

    submitted by /u/Steampek
    [link] [comments]

    Contains spoilers for Brotherhood questline. The decision for Dance

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    Spoiler What if in the Blind Betrayal quest we could either force or convince Dance to get his memory wiper and take him to the Railroad or the Institute? Imagine having Dance become a top Railroad agent or even an Institute courser. Some missed opportunities.

    submitted by /u/20Ghost05
    [link] [comments]

    Can we talk about roleplaying in Fallout 4?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    Meet Lucky. https://imgur.com/gallery/rAd6WAI l figured it would be fun to role play a simpleton. The name is super on the nose. He has high luck and physical stats but just dumb as a brick and not charming at all.

    I'm really getting out of my own comfort zone here since I usually play VERY clever characters. (Last time I played Pathfinder I ran a high Int barbarian.) Now instead of equipping the best armor I put on whatever is heavier! (That's how this dum dum judges its value) even though I'm perpetually out of ammo I use full auto weapons (more shots = more deadly right?) Doesn't like needles cuz they're scary so I use food and drinks and sleep in preference to stimpacks etc..

    I didn't realize how damned hard these kinds of choices would make my life. But I think this is easily one of the funniest runs I've had through this game. I am leaning towards Minutemen victory because the idea of sharing and cooperation is simple and familiar to him.

    Any thoughts on details I could add to these?

    submitted by /u/Pantsless_Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    does anyone know if there is a way to empty the unknown samples from Cambridge polymer labs.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    basically i went to polymer labs, put 2 samples on the chemical reagent and ran around the building then when i came back, one was empty and it its name was "NONE". after that i thought there might be a way to do it so i tried again but failed after an hour, so i reloaded my save from when i entered the building tried again with the same sample(hydrochloric acid) and it didn't work again. is there an actual way to empty them and i'm doing wrong or was that just a lucky one time glitch?

    submitted by /u/jinx53256
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 DLC help on Xbox.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:40 PM PDT

    Im really pissed off at the momment so im going to adress the problem first than tell why it happened. its a weird situation but i'll still going tell you guys. I installed all the dlcs but in-game add-om section say not installed and when i go in my guys world the workshop dlcs don't work ethier. Ok So now its story time i recently got Fallout 4 GOTY edtion and i wanted it mostly for its dlc's when i got it the dlcs were on a sheet of paper that got me mad but i had a solution my brother lives near my dads house so my plan was to take out my Xbox and my tv outside (I live in Florida too) my blood is O so i got bitten the whole time i waited 11 hours to install the game and all dlcs its 3 am and i just barly finshed installing them all now im really mad and i want to know why it happen or how to fix please. P.S. if you are wondering why i didn't just go in his house is because he doesnt know i have his internet password and also hes sick of Covid-19.

    submitted by /u/Snoopy3753
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment