• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 13, 2020

    Fallout | A fellow Fallout fan lost the long-term battle with depression 2 days ago.

    Fallout | A fellow Fallout fan lost the long-term battle with depression 2 days ago.


    A fellow Fallout fan lost the long-term battle with depression 2 days ago.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    My wife just got into Fallout this past year and, even though she called them Merklurks and Yogi Bears, I was ecstatic that she took an interest in and enjoyed the games she played through.

    She'd been battling mental illness her whole life and this week she decided to take her own life. As hurt as I am and filled with regret and wishes for how I could change things, I know that in her mind it was the only way out and I could never know what that feels like.

    I'm just happy to have gotten the chance to be with her for as long as I did, and hopefully suppress the pain she was dealing with inside for a time.

    So kill a merklurk or a yogi bear for my girl.

    submitted by /u/ChadBroChill7Teen
    [link] [comments]

    Playable races in New Vegas

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    It's crazy to think that obsidian originally wanted to apply an elder scrolls like concept and add the ability to be able to either play as a human, a ghoul, or a super mutant. Imagine the replayability and play style choices. Ironically Bugthesda suggested that it wouldn't be a good idea. Fallout New Vegas is already one of the greatest RPGs of all time but fuck it could've been so much more. It's honestly been by default my New Vegas Playthrough has to be molded. I pretty install damn near every piece of cut content there is.

    submitted by /u/chris10isleyen
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I buy the original uncensored version of fallout 1?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    I want to kill children

    Edit: it was a joke, I just didnt want to play the censored steam version

    submitted by /u/MattsMemes64
    [link] [comments]

    Only two weeks until Mr. House is born!

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    [Theory] The Zetans are behind Vault-Tec's vaults and the Enclave's advanced tech and goal of colonising other planets?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    To me at least, the vaults make no sense. We're given the explanation that the vaults were designed to test how humans would react in a post-nuclear world or that they were to see how humans would fare on different planets, or that Vault-Tec just enjoys running inhumane tests on people.

    The former reason seems pointless as Vault-Tec and the Enclave could just wait out the nuclear fire and then go testing in the wasteland til their hearts content.

    And where did the idea of colonising another planets come from?

    The Enclave was made up of the most influential people of pre-war world; government officials, politicians, businesses moguls, etc. So surely it's fair to assume that some of the higher-ups of Vault-Tec were in the Enclave.

    So my theory is that the Zetans, at some point before the Great War, approached the US government or the Enclave and struck a deal with them. If they could be allowed to run tests on humans on a huge scale they'd save them from the atomic war, maybe as a sign of good faith the Zetans gave the US government some of their tech which they then reverse engineered, hence the Enclave's advanced tech.

    One source claims that all the vaults combined cost around $79 trillion ($2 trillion when adjusted to fallout's suspected inflation of 37.3x). That's a mind boggling amount of money just to run tests on people. I think the US government and Vault-Tec made the vaults so the aliens could test on a scale they couldn't achieve without being seen. We know the Zetans love testing on people for reasons beyond our understanding, in Mothership Zeta we see the Zetans test on a few people at any given time. With the vaults they could run tests on hundreds of thousands of people simultaneously. And we know that all vaults are monitored and can be controlled remotely.

    Sorry for the rambling, thought of this theory earlier today and had to write it down somewhere before I forgot. I'm sure my theory has plenty of holes and mistakes but I think it's a fun little theory regardless.

    submitted by /u/BleakWulf
    [link] [comments]

    One little reason why bottle caps are a bad currency

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 10:16 PM PDT

    It's safe to assume that most, if not all, of the bottle caps in circulation in the Fallout world are from pre-war times. Bits of metal that suffered exposure to the elements for years and years before they became agreed upon as de facto currency for every wasteland we've seen so far. Years of rain, mud, sun, wear from being kicked around. Realistically, those things have to be incredibly rusted and even more jagged as the ridges deteriorate and become like tiny needles. Say a mercenary walks up to the Silver Rush, says he needs to buy their biggest and shiniest gauss rifle. Big gun = big money, so Mr. Merc shoves his hand into his cap sack for ~3,000 of those puppies. Him being reckless, and with the worn and weathered caps being sharpened over the years, chances are he'll cut up his hand quite a bit. Cuts made by rusted metal. Caps have turned the wastes into a ticking time bomb of tetanus.

    Now, I'm aware that rust in itself isn't the root cause of tetanus, but at mentioned, these bottle caps are dug out of the sand, dirt, and dilapidated buildings of a radioactive hellscape. There's no way these things aren't absolutely rife with bacteria. So that gauss rifle, mini nuke, or can of beans may cost any wastelander their life on any given day. It's a small discrepancy that doesn't really need addressing (rule of cool and all that), just something that's been in the back of my mind. Maybe that's one reason why NCR felt it necessary to mint their own currency. Stop their citizens at the capital from digging around in the dirt and contracting lockjaw, or whatever else may be on those caps.

    submitted by /u/wauve1
    [link] [comments]

    HELP!! My Female Playermodel is completely broken, somewhat an emergency

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/HCHCsOJ

    A few weeks ago when I started fallout 4, this small error came up, one of the female model's looked a bit, glitched? I didn't mind, and didn't think much of it But now it's been, what, a month? This is getting out of hand. I've noticed this on every. Single. FEMALE. Model. In the entire god damn wasteland. Before I took this photo I got in a fight without anything at all, and strangely, the glitch got worse? The model's skin was almost completely black and more violent. Her hands and back were completely covered in black. I accidentally punched dogmeat, and he turned black as well? It's spreading like a god damn virus. I loaded a previous save due to me not surviving the fight, and took this photo

    NOTE: I have mods installed but none of them have anything to do with changing character models (no cbbe, or bodysliders).

    PLEASE HELP!! share this if you can, or show it so some professional on this type of thing. Just, I want this to be fixed as soon as possible!

    ANOTHER NOTE: My pip boy isn't showing up at all too, like, my arm is gone too? I tap [tab] and NOTHING appears?? I need help desperately. Fallout 4 has become unplayable due to this error.

    submitted by /u/PhadoraVEVO
    [link] [comments]

    Any fallout 4 mods that add the desert ranger armor from fnv honest hearts? The green visor and all that?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    Why are Raiders on the East Coast so much more violent than on the West.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    I know there is some exceptions to this such as the Fiends and Khans, but it seems to me that the raiders on the west coast are a lot more "civilized" than on the East Coast. At least from what I remember, Raiders on the East Coast looked more rough, acted more sadistically, and lived in camps that were more bloody and just overall disgusting. Then on the West, raiders like the Vipers and such just seemed more like a gang than raiders. There any lore reasons for this?

    submitted by /u/thombofthendp
    [link] [comments]

    Which game/games had a better design, story, etc?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 01:14 AM PDT

    Just this past week I finally got around to doing New Vegas. I had it on my shelf for about 2 years and after I finished its now my second (kinda a tie) favorite fallout game with Fallout 3 being first. After looking over the 2 games and playing Fallout 4 for a bit I really started wondering how Bethesda made Fallout 4 so bad compared to the other 2 (FPS Fallouts.) From the smaller things like power armor changing and vault designs, to the story as a whole, what games/game do you think did better. I personally think that NV and F3 have better designs such as the power armor, vertibirds, and Vault suits (Why Bethesda made the Vault suit so ugly in F4, we may never know) and the stories we so much more engaging. I remember in Fallout 3 and New Vegas I actually kept going and searching for my dad or Benny (Depending on the game,) but throughout F4 I rarely had a drive or desire to keep going in the story. Most of the time, I work on settlements and create my own stories and only doing the main story to advance my own such as using Nuka World raiders as Ceasar's legion, and using different settlements to make my own cities and groups. While all of that is fun, I just wish the main story was so much better.

    Anyways, enough of my ranting, what are your thoughts?

    Note: another thing that I wish they kept from NV and 3 is the design of the people, weapons, and world, the newer graphics and models just don't feel.... Fallout. then kept a sort of green tent similar to F3.

    submitted by /u/UndockingOrc020
    [link] [comments]

    So I started playing fallout 3 for the first time and I've had first enclave encounter. (without mods)

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    So I was messing around Springville school, I'm level 4 btw and then I've spotted enclave soldier. After looking at him from a distance I decided to attack with my dumbass trusted build from new vegas and it's called 'max out malee and go get a switchblade' and it usually worked until higher levels. (Don't get me wrong I love this build not because it's easy I just like to slice everything) Anyway I took half of his health using VATS and even quicker took the second half and when he died suddenly I got kinda disappointed because seeing enclave in f4 and fnv they weren't that powerful as I thought they'll be and they didn't have much storyline and you couldn't really meet them like in f3. For me they didn't seem like getting killed in their amazingly looking power armors using switchblade. So going into conclusion I just wanted to get killed by that dude after 2 shots of his laser rifle and not even taking 2 bars of his health. (Pardon my English just in case it's not my main language)

    submitted by /u/gumofon
    [link] [comments]

    There’s no way that I’m the only one that this happens to

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    I spend hours collecting cool shit from the wasteland and find the perfect player home. I meticulously set up my items to make the house look like the freakin bat cave until dogmeat's stupid ass ruins it all.

    It's a damn shame.

    submitted by /u/trum0o91
    [link] [comments]

    Why are fallout games so buggy and glitchy?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    I know nothing into how games run etc I know their game engine is ancient but you'll think for a AAA game producer everything that goes into development would be a the highest standard.

    submitted by /u/conhair1
    [link] [comments]

    [Fo4] Do you think Bethesda will rerelease an Updated Fallout 4 for the new Consoles coming out?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    With the way Bethesda has been with Skyrim and keep on releasing editions and versions of Skyrim on many consoles, I would not be surprised if Fallout 4 gets a remastered or special edition version for PS5 and Xbox Series X.

    If this happens, I hope that many of the bugs get fixed, especially the financial area in the city that constantly crashes the game after a while of playing whenever I enter the area or get close to it.

    submitted by /u/He6llsp6awn6
    [link] [comments]

    Power Armor Lovers! What’s in your Opinion the Coolest Suit of PA Ever

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    And I mean EVERY suit. Raider PA, T-45, Heck even Storyteller T-49 why not, T-51, T-60, T-65, X-01 / APA / Tesla APA, X-02 / APA MK2 / Tesla MK2, X-03 Hellfire, Midwest PA. And the List goes on, you can also say unique variants like the Nuka Cola and Vim! Lines, Ishmael Ashur's / Tribal and evening Captain Cosmos. Any Variant Counts. What's your favourite?

    submitted by /u/Dray_2323
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Fo3 for the first time, how do I change companion?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    I'm playing through each Fallout in order as I'm new to the series. I have Charon as a companion at the minute and I've just completed the waters of life quest so I can get Paladin Star Cross, but she says I already have a companion. The only option when speaking to Charon is to fire him, but surely I don't have to do that? I went back to the Underworld with him and asked him to wait for me there as I thought that made sense. But I still can't get Cross.

    Surely I don't have to fire Charon? What if I wanted to swap back? Does Charon become hostile when fired?

    submitted by /u/bork_13
    [link] [comments]

    FO4 Mods (Xbox): Any mods that disable the unstable weapons in the automatron dlc?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    I would like to equip some robots with unstable gear without them breaking after 2 to 3 uses. Any mods that do exactly that on Xbox? I have no idea what to search on Google or the mod search. Thanks

    submitted by /u/ZombieGrief16
    [link] [comments]

    Does the killap restoration mod rewrite vanilla dialogue?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    First time playing FO2 because I just beat FO1 and I want to keep playing these amazing games, but after playing FO1 I saw it was kinda buggy (I wasn't running any mods) so I decided to go for the restoration mod but then I saw this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/truegaming/comments/1j6g50/dislike_of_fallout_2_restoration_project/

    I just want to know if it changes any dialogue as I want to experience the game with less bugs, but I don't want to change any dialogue as this will be my first time playing.

    submitted by /u/AppleLemons
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible we could get a Pip-boy app for Fallout 76 or get Fallout 3 and NV on the switch?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    What's your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/PuppyBear28
    [link] [comments]

    Can you transfer saves to different accounts on Fallout Shelter?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    Or will saved only work on the same account?

    submitted by /u/amberjadely
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 duty or dishonor

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    I need help finding the keycard for the Boston airport, if it doesn't exists can you tell me where to find the man your following.

    submitted by /u/jack-cham
    [link] [comments]

    So I started playing fallout 3 for the first time and I've had first enclave encounter. (without mods)

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    So I was messing around Springville school, I'm level 4 btw and then I've spotted enclave soldier. After looking at him from a distance I decided to attack with my dumbass trusted build from new vegas and it's called 'max out malee and go get a switchblade' and it usually worked until higher levels. (Don't get me wrong I love this build not because it's easy I just like to slice everything) Anyway I took half of his health using VATS and even quicker took the second half and when he died suddenly I got kinda disappointed because seeing enclave in f4 and fnv they weren't that powerful as I thought they'll be and they didn't have much storyline and you couldn't really meet them like in f3. For me they didn't seem like getting killed in their amazingly looking power armors using switchblade. So going into conclusion I just wanted to get killed by that dude after 2 shots of his laser rifle and not even taking 2 bars of his health. (Pardon my English just in case it's not my main language)

    submitted by /u/gumofon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment