• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 13, 2020

    Fallout Lore | How strong are Protectrons?

    Fallout Lore | How strong are Protectrons?


    How strong are Protectrons?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    I ask this, because I'm snowballing ideas for my Fallout Fanfiction and I want to be as lore friendly as possible and there's a character that sits in a convertible car that's pulled by Protectrons. Would a Protectron be able to pull a car?

    submitted by /u/TheCrowsNestTV
    [link] [comments]

    What was the divide like before it was “divided” ?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    I mean, Ulysses talks a huge game about the divide but from what I could see throughout the game, it was barely a tiny settlement by the time it went up in flames, neither the NCR nor Legion had much interest in it before their war together started and the Divide happened to be located right on top of a major NCR supply route.

    So do we have any idea about how big, strong, influential or important the divide was before it exploded ?

    submitted by /u/Iguesssowtfnot
    [link] [comments]

    How many vaults are there, and how did vault tech get the money to construct them?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    Anyone know who made refrigerators in the fallout universe?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    I've got a small desk fridge I'd like to modify and turn into a beautiful pre-war Nuka Cola fridge. Problem is, I'm not 100% on who the manufacturer is (I'm going big on this project with legitimate manufacturer advisories on the back and what not). I'm pretty sure it was Radiation King, but from what I can see there's no labelling on refrigerators in any of the games where they exist. I've looked through the wiki, looked at screenshots, looked in game, nothing. Unless I'm missing something.... What do you fine folks say?

    submitted by /u/Mastersword87
    [link] [comments]

    Was New Reno annexed?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    Was New Reno annexed into the NCR? And if it was annexed, when was it? Tough it is heavily implied it was annexed, I haven't found actual confirmation.

    submitted by /u/EgocentricDick
    [link] [comments]

    On the history of the American labor movement in Fallout, prewar and postwar.

    Posted: 12 May 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    Did labor organizations/unions ever reach the record peak membership that they reached in otl 1950's/60's? Did they keep that influence as the 20th and 21st century went on, and were they still be relevant by the times the bombs dropped in 2077? Considering the fact that, unlike the picturesque utopia Sanctuary Hills attempts to paint of prewar America, prewar America was rather unstable, with riots being a frequent event in large cities across America, seeming to imply that the labor movement perhaps surpassed otl peaks and became a fact of everyday modern American life, able to actually pull off general strikes that otl American labor movement could only dream of organizing. Now for postwar, the only places we'd probably start seeing a semblance of labor organizations forming would be in the NCR, as it is an established society with an agricultural countryside and industrialized urban centers. The closest thing we have to a glimpse into how NCR citizens have their jobs managed is from talking to Chomps Lewis in Sloan, who tells us of the unfair exchange rates between NCR bucks and bottle caps. The fact Chomps Lewis never speaks of any organized attempt to improve the situation of bad wages implies that whatever NCR mining company that settled Sloan to mine the limestone out of Quarry Junction does not, in fact, have a union or any other type of labor organization, which is very telling on what era of the labor movement NCR proper must resemble, the early labor movement. In the early labor movement, unions and other labor organizations where repressed, causing mass unrest among many workers at the time, culminating in several historical massacres against workers by Pinkertons or whoever the owner of the mine or factory hired to disperse the striking workers, examples being The Battle of Blair Mountain. In short, I would not be surprised that, if the game series returns to the West Coast, that we'd get to hear lore, or even see for ourselves the repression of the labor movement in some sort, resembling 1900's-1930's style dispersion of strikes. Of course all of this is speculation based almost entirely on how one mine on the frontier of the NCR operates it's business, so I want to hear about what you think on how it must be?

    submitted by /u/firecracker42
    [link] [comments]

    What about native Americans?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    I'm a bit new to the series so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall there being any American Indian characters in the world of Fallout, or even any reference to their prior existence.

    What became of the reservations in the years of change leading up to the war? Depending on how faithful the pre-nuclear US was to 50's culture, it may not have been pleasant, even considering that civil and women's rights somehow still happened.

    You haven't seen true despair until you've been to one of the Plains Indian reservations, believe me...

    submitted by /u/AlternativeQuality2
    [link] [comments]

    Is the board game canon

    Posted: 12 May 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    Is the fallout board game and add on New California canon. I haven't been able to find much about it but the games show some pretty cool locations.

    submitted by /u/Lake-Atomic
    [link] [comments]

    Is Rhombus a Maxson?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 08:32 AM PDT

    Is Rhombus a Maxson?

    I was recently replaying Fallout 1 and I went on the Fallout Wiki to find out how I can get in Rhombus' room without him kicking me out when I saw that it said he became High Elder. As far as I know High Elder is a position reserved for the Maxson family and there was no indication in the original game that Rhombus was a Maxson. I also saw this is from Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel which I think is non-canon at worst or semi-cannon at best. So I was wondering if there is any indication in Fallout 1 that Rhombus is a Maxson

    (Rhombus is one of my favorite character's in the series as he left a strong impression on me despite his incredibly stupid name and kind of being an asshole)

    submitted by /u/Cmanshaka
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment