• Breaking News

    Monday, April 6, 2020

    Fallout | Mr. House is gonna be born soon.

    Fallout | Mr. House is gonna be born soon.


    Mr. House is gonna be born soon.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Playing Fallout New Vegas, and I just went ahead and put Yes Man in charge of the Lucky 38, as well as the securitrons. I go to move onto my next quest, and I find Mr. House's obituary and start reading. The following states "Born June 25, 2020, House was orphaned at an early age when his parents died in a freak accident.

    Full name: Robert Edwin House

    Immortality may soon be obtainable, boys!

    submitted by /u/MaverickWindsor351
    [link] [comments]

    [New Vegas] I'm so impressed guys, thank you.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 05:09 AM PDT

    So I played FO3 when I was dunno maybe 13 and New Vegas when I was 14. Played a bit after (All on PS3) and then stopped. After 10 years and the quarantine, I've thought that it's time to replay New Vegas but with my PC and a lot of mods. And man this community... Always active for a game released in 2010. Just yesterday a new Nuka Cola overhaul. 4Gb patcher? INSANE So much love put in this game. I'm havin' a lot of fun. Thank you all again modders and users for keeping NV alive. <3

    submitted by /u/disaster-alex
    [link] [comments]

    Inon Zur’s scores are not recognized enough.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    I've played through FO4 and am nearing the end of my F03 playthrough, and Inon Zur's scores fail to leave me even when not playing the games. They capture such a sense of isolation, loss, and at the same time otherworldlyness, both for the player character in an apocalyptic world and the player themselves, wandering the ruins of a civilization similar yet twisted compared to their own. His instrumentation is so unique. Favorite tracks are "City of Ruin" in Fallout 3 and "Endless Ocean Endless Dreams" from 4. Do you guys think he's underappreciated as well?

    submitted by /u/donothol719
    [link] [comments]

    Personal experience/ Tips

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    So my first game was F4 and I really loved the combat and the world around me but seeing FNV was also on game pass (Xbox one) I decided to pop my vegas cherry and try it out, I can understand the hype around the game how real the situations and characters are with their ideals, not very goofy plus the unique characters, but I was wondering should I try any of the previous titles? If so what should I be careful off or be aware of before going into it

    Also on a side note why is caravan hard to understand?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Piplup
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 GOTY edition, GOG.com, Windows 10 crashing on start

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    I've recently tried to boot up Fallout 3 to my computer from GOG.com, as I've got it to work in the past so I know it's able to run on it, I've tried basically everything and GFWL does not work, any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/dacavz
    [link] [comments]

    Need mod suggestion for FO4

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    Looking to build the most hardcore survival mode possible on Xbox. Already have a lot of mods, mostly difficulty tweaks, atmosphere and new weapons. Please suggest what you think would be a good addition.

    submitted by /u/Brooksy925
    [link] [comments]

    How to make Fallout 4 more Optimized for lower-end devices

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    Alright, I love Fallout 4 but I have some major problems. I've noticed that Fallout 4 crashes very often even without mods, now I play on an Xbox one (Old Gen) and the game CTDs constantly all the time, it also does this on PCs from my knowledge.

    Are there any Mods that optimizes it for lower-end systems? And does anyone have any knowledge of why it CTDs consistently?

    (My current theory is that the game was made to quickly and has Multiple dirty edits)

    submitted by /u/US_Archangel
    [link] [comments]

    The Weather: Literally Snowing

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    Cait: Can't wait to get out of this goddamn heat

    submitted by /u/EliteTertle
    [link] [comments]

    Could the treasure of vault 79 be a G.E.C.K?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    I believe it could be a G.E.C.K that is contained within the vault but have vary little evidence to support that idea is there any more based evidence to prove or disprove this theory?

    submitted by /u/xXpcgamingXx
    [link] [comments]

    My Automated 10-fold Nuka Cola Vending Factory

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I thought everyone might wanna see what I've been working on here recently! It's made sorting Nuka Cola and re-vending them fun and exciting. Thanks for watching if you do!

    https://youtu.be/ZaiqviCmnAI

    submitted by /u/BioshockSplice
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout game without so much trash/scrap

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    Im replaying fallout 4. So I'm thinking to myself, why is it that people can reproduce sophisticated tech, like lasers, robots and nuclear power plants, but are somehow unable to build a road or house that us not made of falling down, rusted sheet metal? Fir that matter, why has no one made any new clothing or a set up a lumber mill? Why is it that when you build a wooden house, you can't cut a board in a straight line? Seems like its all scrap and junk and 0 innovation.

    I'd like to see some NEW products and NEW civilization in the next game with EVIDENCE of the great War. Id like to have a laser rifle and a composite bow in my inventory. I'd like to run into a robotic blacksmith, running a nuclear powered forge. I want to save a lumber mill from a goul infestation.

    I love fallout, but I cant play another re-hash of the same game, with less mechanics. We need something new and complete.

    submitted by /u/squirrelbob13
    [link] [comments]

    (Fo4) How do I remove the ability to use Fusion Cores as grenades?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    I keep accidentally using my fusion cores as grenades when I try to use a power attack. I've set the bash/power attack/grenade key to a key I don't use, but this prevents me from bashing and power attacking. Is there a solution that I can use to prevent me from ejecting fusion cores all the time?

    submitted by /u/Siemen360
    [link] [comments]

    How they could handle player backstory in the next game

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    The way fallout 3&4 handled the player backstory wasn't great to say the least, taking away control from the player in that way doesn't lead to much creativity, but the backstory in new Vegas wasn't all great ether, basically making have no impact on the story.

    So i was thinking, in fallout 5 or whatever, have the player answer some questions (like in 3&new Vegas) but have them be about the backstory, they should obviously be pretty vague like "are you used to fighting for people?" But specific enough so you can at least somewhat influence your relationship with certain factions before you start playing, you can maybe say you used to do work with the ncr in another place and because of that the ncr is friendlier towards you but some opposing faction is harder to join.

    This is all assuming that they don't make you a vault dweller that never been to the wasteland before again.

    submitted by /u/bookDJnr1
    [link] [comments]

    When i the best TIME lore wise to start doing the dlc?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    There have been several posts on the internet like this, but people keep talking about the recommended levels or the order to do them, but none of them talk about when to do the dlc during the main story, so it would be great if someone could suggest a appropriate time.

    Edit: this discussion is for fallout: new vegas

    submitted by /u/Shadowrunner808
    [link] [comments]

    Is Far Harbor too easy at level 75 on survival? (No spoilers please)

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    Im level 75 playing on survival and I want to start the dlc but I feel too overpowered and Im worried that might ruin the experience. Ive heard some people say its challenging no matter your level while others say they flew through it with no problem. I don't use any super OP items like the overseers guardian or ballistic weave. I can kill just about everything in the commonwealth with ease and its getting pretty boring. So would you guys recommend playing far harbor at this level or maybe starting a new survival character and going in earlier? I have the same question for Nuka World.

    submitted by /u/nuclearfuneral
    [link] [comments]

    The Survivalist Rifle I completed but weathered up a bit

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    Yes, it has an orange insert for the barrle and yes, it is ever so slightly crooked left on the front! Don't fret, weary people lol Based on a FO4 Mod of the FONV Honest Hearts Weapon The Survivalist Rifle Link to more photos

    submitted by /u/Ampersanders
    [link] [comments]

    Will the old perk system ever return?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    I thought Fallout 4s perk system was fine, but it was just so boring compared to 3/New Vegas. Do you think we'll ever see the return of the old perk system?

    submitted by /u/RushinPancake
    [link] [comments]

    What should I pick: fallout 3 or new Vegas?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    So my brother will buy a gaming pc after the quarantine is over and the only fallout game I've played was fallout 4 on my ps4 and I loved it, what thing that really ticked me off was that there wasn't any mods there, only on PC or xbox, so when he buys it he gave me a choice, i could get fallout 4 and another game on the pc, so I want to play FO4 on pc with mods, but I also want to play fallout new Vegas or 3, so which should I pick: bew Vegas or 3?

    submitted by /u/Reeksofsteelwolf
    [link] [comments]

    I just realized that main character in Fallout 3 was not me, but is my dad.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    Could a pre-war country still exist after the war?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    While the pre-war US government lives on in the Enclave, could another nation have survived the war as well?

    submitted by /u/Italionaut
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat fallout 2! And is fallout 76 worth playing ?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    It took super long but after multiple tries and rage quits I destroyed the enclave and beat fallout 2. After playing through most of the fallout games besides 76 the 2nd one has to be my favorite of the series even though it's older the story in the game is one of the most immersive. Beating Frank Horrigan was one of the greatest feelings of accomplishment I had ever had. Is fallout 76 worth playing? I have heard mixed reviews from most people so it's hard to form an opinion from all this.

    submitted by /u/crazydemonbitch
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like I'm the only one here who doesn't get all the New Vegas praise

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 01:02 AM PDT

    Before I even get into this I'm just gonna say that I'm not saying NV is a bad game, just MY least favorite fallout game. Long post ahead

    I just dont understand how everyone here seems to think that NV is the best fallout game of all time, you people act like its flawless. Personally, I dont like it. It lacks a lot of what makes Fallout, well...fallout for me.

    The location is the biggest point on my list of criticism. Fallout 1/2/3 feel like they take place in an actual post apocalyptic America. Seeing the ruins of the old world and what they have become is one of my favorite things. NV is just a desert. A cool desert, but a desert none the less. It doesn't feel like a war happened there at all. I know, I know, "MR.HOUSE BLOCKED A BUNCHA NUKES YOU IDIOT!". That doesn't make it any better...in fact, it makes it worse as it was a conscious decision to make it like that. Even 4 and 76 handle the world better as the feel like the lifeless ruins of the old world. 76 especially with the lack of NPCS everywhere.

    This actually brings me to the next point, the lack of exploration. Every fallout game has great exploration, especially the 3D ones. But after exploring the ruins of DC in the Capital Wasteland, the desert is lackluster. In Bethesda's games you tend to find environmental storytelling everywhere be it visual or through holotapes. In NV, everything just feels right on the nose. Sure the survivalist from Zion was great but one amazing story doesn't make up for no other memorable ones.

    The game also has the worst cities in the series in my opinion. The original games get a pass due to being the first ones and the trendsetters but even they had a few neat ones like Vault City and the Oil Rig. After seeing cities in 3 being built in giant craters or on a big ass boat, seeing how people moved into an abandoned motel isn't very interesting. The only city which really stood out to me was the one with the Roller coaster in it.

    Next point, fuck cazadors

    The praise the factions get blows my mind completely. I don't know how some people can claim the Legion is a good faction at all. They are killers, rapists, slavers, brainwashed lunatics. The fact that people will say shit like "Bu-but what about the safe trade routes?!" Is nonsensical. Even the Institute feels more fleshed out. Mr.House is an arrogant dickhead which I'll get to later. The only decent routes are the Independent Vegas route and the NCRs.

    A lot of people criticize 4 for the Minutemen making you general right away or for the BoS letting you leave the Prydwen whenever you want without ever mentioning how weird it is that the NCR will let some random ass mailman who isn't a citizen or a soldier for them run important missions like making peace with the Khans or getting the Boomers on their side.

    A majority of the NPC's are unbearable. You have the random people who talk like they just got done memorizing a thesaurus, NPC's who give speeches like they're reading off lines in a recording booth, (Ulysses), the one's who Obsidian tried to hard to make funny, and the rare cool ones. Even the some of the companions like Boone and Lily are obnoxious. Mr.House is horrible, he keeps asking for your help but comes off like such a prick that I cant fathom why anyone would help him.

    The humor is awful for the most part. Everything seems to boil down to a sex joke, (long dick Johnson and Fisto), or a reference to something else. Aside from Old World Blues and talking to Fantastic I cant think of a single funny line in the game. I know it's not a comedy, but I felt like this needs to be addressed here.

    The sidequests are great for the most part, not as good as any of 3's or some of 4's but still. No complaints there.

    The radio isn't bad either, I like how unique it is with various mini interviews with other NPCs. Still, Mr.NV isn't even close to Three Dog or Redeye. I'd say he's just slightly below Travis.

    Again, I'm not saying NV is a bad game at all. I like it, just not as much as the other games. I don't even have an issue with people giving it well deserved praise, but when every top post every day is the same thing:

    "NV SAVED MY LIFE!"

    "DAE NV GOOD?????"

    "FINALLY PLAYED DEAD MONEY/OWB/HONEST HEARTS! WOW!"

    It starts to get repetitive and annoying. I only wrote this to break up the monotony of this sub and to vent my opinions which often get dismissed rather than discussed. Its disappointing how any small criticism of this game gets nothing but hatred, I hope that this will spark some conversation rather than just "Ding dong, you're options wrong", or some trash like that.

    TLDR: Fuck Cazadors

    submitted by /u/Aurora_Vorealis
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 Xbox 360 DLC

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    So I've been hearing about fallout 3 not being able to play after the story ends. And that broken steel dlc is the only way to continue playing after it?

    submitted by /u/Xzzn
    [link] [comments]

    How were you suppose to know when to use magazines / drugs to pass speech checks on a first playthrough?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    If you don't have the necessary skills to pass a skill check, especially in a conversation, you can use a magazine or drugs to pass them. However, it does seem like unless you know what checks are coming, you couldn't really prepare for it. Unless after the failed check, you just reload, use whatever supplement, and then pass the check.

    This is part of the reason I'm not a real big fan of skill checks, the problem is alleviated in Fallout 4 and more fair, but it just moves your requirement to keeping all aid items on you at all times. I suppose the real issue I have with them is that they're pass/fail checks on arbitrary numbers, if you don't min-max, you lose.

    At the cost of the total quantity of checks, it might be better to have varying degrees within a single check, like from 0 to 100 at increments of 25. You don't necessarily feel like you failed something, you just do what you were capable of. Though hard increments still has the issue of being off by 1 point and not doing as well as you could.

    What do you think? Keep skill checks as they are? Remove them? Change them? What would you add or take away?

    submitted by /u/ShadoShane
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment