• Breaking News

    Monday, April 20, 2020

    Fallout | Longtime Fallout 3 Mystery Solved

    Fallout | Longtime Fallout 3 Mystery Solved


    Longtime Fallout 3 Mystery Solved

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    So, to preface this, let me say that this is a PERSONAL Fallout 3 mystery.

    That said, there's a bombed out, slightly irradiated ruin just to the north-east of Springvale school in Fallout 3. The Enclave set up a camp here later in the game.

    For the longest time, this ruin has bothered me. "Why is it irradiated?" I would ask myself. "What was it?" I would ponder.

    Well, finally, I decided to do some digging. Now, I always figured it was SOME kind of power station, given the radioactive crater. Furthermore, I always assumed it was a dam of some kind, given it's design. It helps that I, for part of my childhood, was living two blocks from a hydro-electric power plant (which had the dubious honor of having flooded an native American burial ground, and forced an entire tribe to move, when it was built. Arms, legs, and even skulls DID INDEED wash up for years afterwards, and the tribe is still understandably bitter.)

    Well, I found it. It's the very real Little Falls Dam, located just south of Bethesda, Maryland. Coincidentally, it also has a rather grim reputation attached to it, as it's called the "drowning machine" by local rescue workers due to the design causing swimmers and boaters to become trapped below the dam and drown.

    Alright. Personal mystery over, random useless information shared with the internet. You may all return to discussing more important things.

    submitted by /u/WinterRanger
    [link] [comments]

    i have over 500 hours in fallout new vegas but yet i have no idea what is a caravan

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    also that goddamn card game caravan

    submitted by /u/Eisenhower_is_dad
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Makes Me Feel Like I'm Back To Being Alive

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    A little over one year ago my wife left me.

    It's been a really long and hard year. I couldn't play video games at all during that time. Video games have been a large part of my life forever but I couldn't bring myself to play. It was just too hard. I couldn't focus, I was depressed. I felt like I'd lost a part of who I am.

    A few days ago I picked up Fallout 4 to show my new girlfriend - and let's just say, it's amazing to be back. No stress. No worries, just me and the wasteland again.

    People come and people go, but Fallout - Fallout Never Changes

    submitted by /u/djcr421
    [link] [comments]

    Don't trade with Rag3xDr1pYt (Xbox)

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    I was trading with him he said that he has been scammed before then he tells me to drop first so i do because I don't trade that much (bad move on my part) he steals my TSE dragon his buddy kills me then he has the urge to tell me that if I give him my radical mask he will give back my tse dragon which is retarded.

    submitted by /u/hrdcorboss
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 wasn't the best RPG, and maybe it wasn't a good fallout game, but it's still an amazing game

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 04:06 AM PDT

    I feel like this game got unfairly hated on at launch and over the past few years. And let's be real the hatred comes almost exclusively from the dialogue, which I'll admit is lacking but that shouldn't take away from everything else the game does right. The world is incredible, probably one of the best in the fallout series after new vegas. The map is huge and varied, with the outer wastes, to the city streets of Boston, and the bleak glowing sea. The gunplay is on par with other open world shooters like far cry. The settlement building is a great addition which fair enough isn't for everyone but personally I loved it and spent hours building settlements around the map. Maybe not the best Fallout, but certainly still a fantastic game.

    submitted by /u/SinisterEllis
    [link] [comments]

    Congratulations! You have been chosen to design your own vault-tec vault!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    You can choose what experiment to test in your vault.

    Everything is up to you.

    submitted by /u/civitatem_Inkas
    [link] [comments]

    "Fallout 4 is a good game, but it is not a good Fallout game" what does that mean?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    So I recently bought Fallout 4 for the PlayStation but haven't started it yet.

    While looking around on the gaming subreddit if it is worth to buy, I often saw the statement "Fallout 4 is a good game, but it is not a good Fallout game"

    As somebody who hasn't played a fallout game before, I don't know what this means.

    Could somebody explain please?

    submitted by /u/the_doomblade
    [link] [comments]

    Alright alright, time to give 76 some credit.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    So I've been a huge critic of 76 in the past and I believe that many of the criticisms I made were completely valid at the time. One of my biggest gripes being that fallout 76 felt like a generic early access multiplayer looter shooter with very little if any meaningful relation to the fallout that I and so many others grew to know and love over the years. That being said, the wastelanders update has finally delivered what the game was initially pitched as. A multiplayer fallout. Now of course that pitch didn't sit well with a large number of the community, seeing as fallout is traditionally a single player RPG and that's completely understandable. I personally am a bigger fan of the earlier single player games. I was however surprised to see how well they did implementing the quests and specifically the dialogue. I'm talking way more Speech checks and player choice much more akin to new Vegas than fallout 4. Now Let me be clear in saying that fallout 76 will probably never satisfy those of us who just want a single player fallout, but I didnt think it was ever going to. Also it still has a good ways to go before I can say it's redeemed itself, But if you have a buddy to hop in with I do think the game is worth giving a shot. You can find it for dirt cheap all things considered and the update is of course free. Just my opinion, as always.

    submitted by /u/drantzz
    [link] [comments]

    Is Fallout 76 considered one of the "main" games?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 03:07 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! I'm new to the Fallout games, but I've been playing a lot of NV and Fo4 lately and I absolutely love them. Since I wanted to get to know better the whole fallout universe (especially from a lore point of view), I was wondering if the latest title, Fallout 76, being an online multiplayer experience, is to be considered one of the main titles (Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4). The difference in genre makes Fo76 a spin-off?

    submitted by /u/kveens
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 - New rounds of crashing? (Xbox)

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 02:52 AM PDT

    I haven't had this issue for awhile since I fixed it a year ago, but it seems like Fallout 4 is crashing Morrowind style (More progress = More crashing) but worse. I've taken all the same steps to fix it that I had before but it persists, the only difference is I'm using a digital copy and not the physical copy. Anybody else having this same problem and if you did how'd you fix it? (No mods, all dlc, latest patch, creation club content downloaded but disabled)

    submitted by /u/Wise_Newt
    [link] [comments]

    (Question) 76 Download Size for PS4 please?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    It was close to 100gb at one time, now it says around 65gb. What is the actual size for digital versions?

    (Including all the updates and Wastelanders Update)

    submitted by /u/arkhamtheknight
    [link] [comments]

    FO4 Looking for something to do.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    So i finished the the main story. Did the Nuka world,and Far Harbor. But is there some interesting quests to do when im finished with the Automatron dlc? Build a pretty huge settlement too. So im kinda bored,but I still want to play it.

    submitted by /u/KingEnenra
    [link] [comments]

    Yet another bug in Fallout 4

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    First few hours in Fallout 4 survival my water pump was normaly giving me clean water, now it's only dirty. I decided to reinstal game and on the new save right from the getgo it gives me only dirty water.

    submitted by /u/ThePWWP
    [link] [comments]

    Mysterious Stranger

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    So we know the Mysterious Stranger has been in Fallout since Fallout 1 and appeared in every game. Fallout 76 has a perk card that has the Mysterious Stranger appear in VATS to help you. I've seen plenty of theories about who the Mysterious Stranger is, and his appearance in Fallout 76 just adds more questions than answers.

    Is the Mysterious Stranger a pre-war Individual? Did the bombs birth the Mysterious Stranger? Maybe he is just a Ghoul with minimal scarring?

    submitted by /u/SweggitySwoogity
    [link] [comments]

    I saw a post asking what your Vault experiment would be if you had a vault of your own. I think I have a pretty interesting, albeit rough idea of what mine is, and I was wondering what you guys think? Please let me know in the comments what you think of my idea, and feel free to add your ideas!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    My experiment is loosely inspired by a few important aspects from three different Vaults (19, 34, and 81), and will be separated into five phases; Phase One: Selection, Phase Two: Division, Phase Three: Discovery, Phase Four: War, and Phase Five: Aftermath. The location of the Vault is in San Francisco, and the experiment itself is essentially the observation of the events that would occur between a Chinese population and an American population shortly after the war.

    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the experiment of Vault 66.

    Selection: We start by selecting 1000 candidates to be allowed entry to the Vault, half of them are secret Chinese loyalists and sympathizers, while the other half are American loyalists. The way we discern between the two is through government surveillance. Our Vault is over double the size of the others in the area, and has two entrances; one in Chinatown and another in a part of the city with a relatively low Asian population. We built it like this so that both sides have the illusion of their vault being normal sized, however this is far from the case. I'll explain what I mean by this soon.

    Division: This phase is inspired by Vault 19, where the experiment was to divide the population into two sides and see what happens, but I've added a little Vault 81 twist that I'll also explain very soon. Essentially, in this phase we simply funnel both sides of the experiment into their respective Vault entrances and leave them there for a few weeks. All will appear to be normal throughout this time.

    Discovery: This phase is inspired by the secret portion of Vault 81 and it's subsequent discovery, and is also partially inspired by Vault 34 where there's a shit ton of weapons hidden on both sides. Basically, both populations have no clue that the other side even exists until a maybe two or three weeks later when a hidden doorway opens and connects both sides of the vault. Eventually the doorway will be discovered by one side and people will go in to explore. By this point the tensions between the Chinese and the Americans probably won't have settled, and a conflict will start to build. What the Dwellers don't know is the opening of the doorway between both Vaults also revealed a hidden cache filled with all sorts of goodies; including plenty of mint condition weaponry, combat armor, medicine, and more ammunition than they would know what to do with.

    War: This is where shit gets real. In short, if all goes according to plan then the cache will inevitably be discovered as well, and a bloody war will break out between both factions. Once the war is won by either side, a pre recorded message will play over the PA system telling the winning faction that they now rule the Vault and have the power to do whatever the fuck they want within it, with the condition that survivors of the losing faction are used as slaves. Previously hidden functions of the Vault will now be unlocked and the winners will be able to live a life of luxury and power.

    Aftermath: This phase is fairly simple. We pretty much just observe what happens within the Vault over the coming months and years. Something that we are specifically looking for is if the enslaved faction will make an attempt at a coup against their new masters.

    Contingency: If no conflict arises then Sentry Bots will be sent in to eradicate the dwellers. Why? Because fuck you, we're Vault Tec and we can do whatever we want.

    TLDR: A Chinese faction and an American faction have a war in a vault and the winners live in luxury while the losers become slaves. If there's no war then robots kill everyone.

    submitted by /u/BOOCESTERseat
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get fallout and which one

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    I have 15 pounds so I can get either fallout 3 , new Vegas , and fallout 4 but I am struggling to divide if I should get it because of the reviews.

    submitted by /u/BananaWizard4
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn't sony allow good mods on ps4? Xbox and PCs have the best mods for some reason

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    And with next gen could sony decide that they could open up and allow a proper moding community on ps5 for if or when fallout 5 comes out? Or just allow more mods on fallout 4

    submitted by /u/andyroo69420
    [link] [comments]

    I need advice and/or tips

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    I started Fallout 2 a few days ago and I need some advice on a lot of stuff such as location, vendors, weapons and armour

    submitted by /u/tacoman43214123
    [link] [comments]

    I just started playing FO76 for the first time yesterday, and I have a question about the very beginning of the game

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    Did my character just stay in the vault for like months after Reclamation Day? For starters, the place is deserted except for the Mr. Handies, and secondly one of them says something like "I just cannot keep pretending it's Reclamation Day any longer, sir, even my programming has limits!"

    Did my guy just get so utterly depressed at the thought of leaving his home that he stayed for months? Or did he just have too much to drink at the Reclamation Day party?

    submitted by /u/off-and-on
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Fallout 2

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    I've played fallout 3, 4, and NV and have enjoyed them for the most part; new Vegas is my favorite of the three. Is fallout 2 worth playing if I'm totally inexperienced with that style of game. How is the learning curve for someone who has only played 3D games?

    submitted by /u/bobyboy1881
    [link] [comments]

    PipBoy Upgrade Restock?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    I know this is a very specific question that wont apply to most, and even fewer people may be able to answer, but does anyone know when the working radio and the screen upgrade will be back in stock on Bethesda's merch website? Or even if they will? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/gwag0326
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment