• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 24, 2020

    Fallout: New Vegas | Long time no see my friend

    Fallout: New Vegas | Long time no see my friend


    Long time no see my friend

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 04:38 AM PDT

    Answer this powder gangers

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    Why are there post war toasters? How did this get in the Sierra Madre?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    On my 360 I had the game of the year addition, but I can’t find it. Reinstalled with my back up disc and bought the DLCs again. This quarantine I plan to replay as many of them as I can. Wish me luck.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Nostalgia Tripping with Fallout New Vegas, Episode 1

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    The face that symbolises the NCR.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Papa khan sounds oddly familiar to chaka khan

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    That is all.

    submitted by /u/logimeme
    [link] [comments]

    Sniper build

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    Plan to get Ultimate package soon and have a few questions regarding a sniper build.

    Is stealth worthwhile going for if don't plan on using stealth armor in the late game?

    Is using something like the brush gun viable in close quarters for example indoors or is it better to go for a shotgun?

    Any tips regarding when i should look for the various weapons, I know about the Ratslayer and Hunting rifles and Amr but I don't know when a good time, level-wise would be to get those.

    Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/Hansel21553
    [link] [comments]

    i drew my legion courier

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    I like the combat and weapons system that New Vegas has to offer, but I've seen a good chunk of the quests used in early game to level up, whats a way I could incorporate the more combatative side of gameplay more?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    In my playthroughs, I tend to really enjoy combat and making a build around it, I asked this question since I wanted more of what I liked, and was wondering if the gameplay was just generally lacking, or if there were some other things I could do to make it a little more fun for me personally. I am on PC so mods are available to me.

    submitted by /u/LuckyOwl456
    [link] [comments]

    It's like you don't even know the meaning of 'disguise' there, bro.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    You'll Know It when it Happens from Mr. House concern

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    Hi. I am thinking of doing a Mr House playthrough today and I just thought, if completing part 5 of his quest will make NCR hostile to me, wouldn't it be hard to save President Kimball if I am working for them?

    submitted by /u/ron_gtp
    [link] [comments]

    New play through coming up

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 06:08 PM PDT

    So I want to start new Vegas again during this virus isolation lol Can anyone recommend to me some tips to getting xp early (no glitches) and where to get a decent supply of ammo and meds early because I never have any...Basically I have not much knowledge because first play through I rushed through and any tips of recommendation would be greatly alrreciated :)

    submitted by /u/bendowling04
    [link] [comments]

    Misfits and Returns to Sender(Punching things in Fallout New Vegas is a truly satisfying and relaxing experience: Part 6)

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    I lost this entire part once right after writing it down so.... this one is less descriptive and less funny since I wasn't so much in the mood next time I got to writing.

    Earlier parts:
    - Punching things from Goodsprings to Nipton.
    - Buff person runs around in the desert high on weeds, booze and weedbooze punching things no one ever should punch. Part 1
    - Buff person runs around in the desert high on weeds, booze and weedbooze punching things no one ever should punch. Part 2
    - When talking FINALLY works!!!
    - Don't fly with me.
    - KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!

    Lil recap:
    - 10STR 10END 10INT 10AGI ABSOLUTE CHAD gets shot in the head with a Holy Handgun and after recovery proceeds to bring justice, happiness and euthanasia by punching with PEAK HUMAN STRENGTH. Punches a lot of dangerous things including Dust Gangsters, Giant Radcorpios and Ghoul Reavers. Makes friends with a wholesome blondie(Willow) and best robot boy(ED-E).
    - Following the event of Nipton they get sidetracked and ripped their clothes off by zambiez like it's some hentai, avoid severe radiation poisoning this time and gets stung a lot by the freak bastard child of your sleep paralysis demon and wasps.
    -Misinterpreting a quest description they spend hours clearing out Quarry junction on level 12 through hard effort and countless deaths which turns out to be completely wasted time, effort, Sunset Sarsaparilla, stims and chems. It was epic though.
    - Had an extremely chill experience resolving the Dust Gangsters of Vault 19 and Great Khans plots with mostly civil discussion.
    - Helped a community of ghouls in the REPCONN Test Site to embark on their Great Journey to the Great Beyond. Also Saint Christopher became Manny's roommate.
    - Rapidpunched the Legion out of the East and Southeast of Novac, and encountered General Zod who promptly got punched back to Man of Steel after picking a fight with us.


    After discovering and exploring the South-East I traveled back to Nelson and started exploring to the North from there.
    Found Camp Forlorn Hope. The commanding officer was relieved that the constant pressure they had from the Legion force occupying Nelson have been removed and the town retaken. I offered to help with any problem they have, and he pointed me to the quartermaster, the doctor and the comm officer.
    The quartermaster explained that they have been not getting ANY supplies for months because the brass just doesn't send any. Here starts the long series of General Oliver's acts of limitless wisdom and ME having to protect the NCR's soldiers from their own dimwit leadership's decisionmaking and whatever other hostile faction keeps them under pressure.

    Sooo... I was asked to check up on the unit they sent out to the squad at HELIOS I to ask for any supplies they can spare. When I got there they have informed me that the unit left not long ago. The boxes laid at the bottom of a rock with the troopers' bodies all around them. Obvious ambush oviously ambushed and got rekt by Boone's instant-delete headshots and my UNSTOPPABLE DEATHCLAW-SLAYING PEAK HUMAN FISTS.

    After returning I gave the supplies to the quartermaster and headed to the doctor to see what does he need. I lent a hand in helping treat the injured, fixed up who I reliably could with my medicine skill, and then looked into the mysteriously declining medical supplies. Found a trooper sneaking around at night, upon questioning him he revealed that he desperately needed some escape from the sheer stress and trauma he was constantly experiencing. Explaining the bad he does with taking those supplies he was remorseful enough so I offered him to stop and I won't report him. He accepted. Good to be able to resolve things with talking.

    The comm officer noticed reports not adding up with numbers at all and having some highly bizarre reports too. She asked me to go to each Ranger Station and give the comm officers the updated codes.
    I felt like rushing the quest rather than finishing it as I get to explore those areas. The Eastern side of the map was easy to deal with. The Western half had me walk through multiple Cazadore nests. I am tanky enough to take the punishment and had enough antivenom piled up, but it's just a pain to deal with them.
    On the way I came across the unique Displacer Glove, Pushy. It is an interesting weapon. It combines the force of my UNSTOPPABLE PEAK HUMAN PUNCH with the blast of what seems to be a Gauss Rifle's blast by the visual effect. Needless to say anything gets annihilated in one hit. Feels like I might very well SPLIT THE EARTH ITSELF if I'm not careful... I'll put it away for now. Better stick with Love&Hate. It's perfectly balanced as all things should be. I prefer the old fashioned way relying more on my PEAK HUMAN BODY alone, for emergencies it can be a great trumpcard I guess. Probably beats getting high on every chem available and then dealing with the horrible hangover-like symptoms the Fixer gives during getting rid of addictions...
    After having delivered all the codes the comm officer in Forlorn Hope have asked me to confirm the bizarre reports about wiped out squads, Legion Supermutants and Khan pet Deathclaws. All tuned out to be false. All the tracks lead to Chief Hanlon, who leads the Rangers.

    On my way to Camp Golf I hit level 22. I'm shockingly close to the vanilla levelcap so early. I guess that's what you get from exploring so much.
    In the camp I ran into a bunch of aloof troopers. The squad leader who failed to become a Ranger and is now stuck with a poor squad, a former fiend playing the lone wolf, the smart kid who perfectly calculated how mediocre does he exactly need to be to have a comfy position far away from the frontline while staying in the military which means being patient for a couple of years nets him a lot of free money, and a BIG but very huggable wholesome farmboy. Talking to their Sergeant I learned that they are called the Misfits and it's really difficult getting them into a decent shape. I agreed to help out with that.
    Asking the Misfits what do they think would help their peformance:
    - Mags the squad leader suggested shooting practice and explosives(I can hardly shoot straight with anything harder to use than the 9mm SMG and the Ratslayer I carry around but pretty much never use, AND I don't know anything about explosives other than pull pin then toss so I can't help with that)
    - Razz the lone wolf suggested Angry Juice(no. just no. it's fine to have it as an emergency powerup in dire situations like fistfighting a whole Deathclaw pack, but constant reliance is bad)
    - Pointdexter the smart guy suggested faking their results in the database(that's just the thing that's ought to bite you in the ass down the line so no)
    - O'Hanrahan the BIG wholesome farmboy suggested some decent human niceness(finally my man!)
    So I convinced each of them to be better team players.

    Following this little sidetrack with the Misfits came the confrontation with Chief Hanlon.
    I met him on the balcony and he written off the weird reports as mere misinterpretations. Confronting him directly by telling him I KNOW he is behind it he asked to talk in private.
    He explained the political situation back in California, his motives, and his plans.

    So the full picture pretty much is:
    Basically President Kimball relies his re-election and to maintain a solid public image on the campaign in the Mojave and Hoover Dam. However due to the elections nobody dares to put much into the war effort because it is unpopular since the people of the NCR see nothing coming out of this whole mess other than sending their sons and daughters to death. Because of this the military is very poorly supplied. Kids get two weeks of training, a uniform without any proper body armor and maaaybe a working Service Rifle that maaaaybe functions.
    Imagine IRL USA's warmongering on the Middle-East and the shitfest that was the Vietnam War and slap a Polymerization Yu-Gi-Oh card on them. Extra bonus is Vegas also leeching on the NCR army's few resources without giving any support.
    General Oliver himself is an incompetent dimwit not only being a terrible leader he is more interested in his petty maneuvering to guard his rank and position from anyone competent taking over and screwing over the rangers because he wants ALL the credit for Hoover than actually dealing with... ANYTHING. Refuses to even supply the both the forces on the frontline struggling with the Legion and as I'll tell the tale later even to deal with the Fiends ripping apart the trade routes and Camp McCarran. My brainless running around punching anything and anyone mean in the face with PEAK HUMAN DEATHCLAW-SLAYING FORCE is a blessing OF PEAK PERFORMANCE from the Heavens for these people. I was actually protecting them from both the hostiles AND their own incompetent, corrupt leadership the same time.
    Also the BADASS NCR rangers on the cover? Kimball sent them away to chase ghost in some other area outside the Mojave. The Rangers you meet are patrol Rangers. General Oliver even made these patrols and scouts perform duties troopers are needed for just to screw more with Hanlon and the rangers.

    Oh yes back to Hanlon.
    He falsified intel in hopes it would cause enough panic to shake up the NCR army so they'll either give the Mojave proper attention or just withdraw the army from this hellhole altogether. Right now all this war effort is doing for the NCR is harm. They are overstretched and their people die for nothing.
    He stopped with faking intel when people got killed. I was just following the tracks left behind by the act. Now his plan is to die a martyr death with the Rangers who are on-board on the battle of Hoover Dam. This will destroy Kimball's campaign and Oliver in his infinite wisdom can't help but take all the blame because he positioned himself to take all credit.
    I wanted to convince him to stop but I couldn't. Let it be a heads up. You can only convince him IF you have a piece of vital information about Caesar. If I hadn't rushed this questchain I would have gotten it from interrogating Silus in Camp McCarran.

    Well not the outcome I would have liked, but as long as I WIN the Battle he can't go martyr.

    And so it is finished. My slow step by step exploration doesn't work anymore because quests send me to all over the Mojave at this point. Oh well.

    Next coming up Camp McCarran and with it Boone's story, or maybe it'll get it's own part.

    submitted by /u/elixxon
    [link] [comments]

    Which of the four dlc's is the most hated?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    Out of curiosity, which of the four NV dlcs does everyone hate. I've heard honest hearts and dead money hated on the most, but I'm curious to see if the community thinks it's one of the other two dlcs.

    submitted by /u/TheToxicMH
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a working way to play F:NV with your friends?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Fallout 76 is too boring for me. I'd better play Fallout: New Vegas with my friends because I love it. Please, help me to find a way to play this in coop.

    submitted by /u/gerFid
    [link] [comments]

    Help with installing mods (yes I've read the sidebar guides)

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    So I'm trying to install the game in a location that's not the Program Files folder. I've got Mod Organizer 2 downloaded already. However, when I try to tell Steam to create a new folder, it tells me that Steam already has a folder on this drive and it won't let me make a new one. I know that the mods won't work right if I've got the game in a protected folder like Program Files, so what should I do?

    submitted by /u/UploadMeDaddy
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get the Khans to join the NCR?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    I'm on my first run siding with the NCR and I cant get past the objective "Visit the Great Khans in Red Rock Canyon and either enlist their aid or destroy them" I turned in the slave ledger to papa and I get the two speech checks, I can either convince them to be suicide bombers, or leave. If I convince them to suicide bomb it only affects "Wild Card:Side Bets" and not "For the Republic, Part 2" I have also tried assassinating papa to put Regis in power but that only fails "Oh Papa My Papa" and gives me even less dialogue options. It might also be worth mentioning that I have negative karma with them. What is the proper path to get them to side with the NCR.

    submitted by /u/NoopersNoops
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment