• Breaking News

    Monday, February 17, 2020

    Fallout | Thought you guys would like these promotional prints for FO76

    Fallout | Thought you guys would like these promotional prints for FO76


    Thought you guys would like these promotional prints for FO76

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 03:33 PM PST

    When the nuclear blast goes over the elevator in the beginning in fallout 4, could they have survived that?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 07:02 PM PST

    So in fallout 4, you only just get to the elevator and the blast goes over your head as you lower into it. Could they have survived this because surely quite a lot of the blast would've gone into the elevator and killed them all but none of it seemed to affect them at all.

    submitted by /u/MemeMiester32
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve just stated fallout 1 and I have no idea how to reload the 9mm pistol

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 04:48 AM PST

    It amazes me that after 800+ hours of playing FNV, I still am finding things i've never seen before.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 02:14 PM PST

    Was on my way to see the night kin when i stumbled into this cave. I got that nostalgic feeling of exploration and awe again. I love this game even 10 years later. It ain't much, but it's new to me.

    https://imgur.com/a/86g4Z8L

    submitted by /u/Krempp10
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout is irrevocably ruined as a franchise because of Fallout 4’s changes to game mechanics.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 01:30 AM PST

    Fallout 4 is a good game. Don't get me wrong. I've sunk hundreds and hundreds of hours over many playthroughs and I'm still discovering things. However, The addition of the option to fully customize and change weapons has ruined the franchise. The ability to do this not only severely limited the number of unique weapons in the game, but it also made most of them hold the same model as the other variants so they could be modified. The concept of "legendary" weapons should not exist in the fallout universe, instead a plethora of unique weapons with unique effects should exist rather that a couple unique weapons with a guaranteed legendary effect, compared to previous titles in the series which had more selection (namely fo3 and fonv, which had a large selection of unique weapons).

    Secondly, the removal of the requirement to maintain equipment is poor design choice. In the previous installments it felt like your weapon was part of you, and having to keep your gear repaired helped with immersion. I will never forget blasting a hole in the capital wasteland with the terrible shotgun always searching for another combat shotgun I could salvage to keep my trusty "backpack" in working condition.

    Third, the changes to the S.P.E.C.I.A.L System and perks as a whole reflect Bethesda's constant quest to dumb down their titles and remove the depth that made them cult classics. In the same vein that the removal of the class system in Skyrim dumbed it down, the chances to perks in fallout did the same. Building a character in fallout used to be much more leveraged on what you believed your character was like, and role playing that. You would allocate your points respectively, and as you played you would realize which perks required what. It was a process, and making a perfect character took experience, if you didn't look it up. Each aspect of the game was governed by a relevant skill, and hard checks were made periodically that were passed if your skill was high enough. Now, it is not the case, there are a set, defined number of perks, with less effective variety and you can plan out a character easily with the singular special requirement of each perk. Speech checks are no longer that: they are a charisma hope, and it makes playing a charisma based smooth talker much harder. There's no getting around the save scumming, and the frustration of failing an easy check with max charisma and boosts just because you rolled bad. Fallout 4's entire dialogue system has actually changed from the text based option to option into a verbal based chat, where you have to skip dialogue lines to get to the point. It's worse as a whole.

    Overall, I don't see Bethesda changing or removing any of these """"features"""" in any future installment, so I believe, that the root of the game, the spirit of it, has been partially removed, and the franchise has been ruined. There are other aspects that made fallout 4 a poor fallout game (good game still, just poor successor) that can be fixed, I just believe these are the ones that can't be reversed.

    Edit: ALSO POWER ARMOR ... like ... what the hell bethesda... I wanted armor, not a damn vehicle

    submitted by /u/Until_Morrow
    [link] [comments]

    What was the scariest moment you've experienced in any of the Fallout games?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 04:25 PM PST

    I hope wastelanders brings more positivity to the fallout fanbase.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 09:12 AM PST

    There's been a lot of negativity since 76's launch and even going back to 4. Honestly I miss the general attitude from before 4 came out. People were excited for 4, and 3 and NV were equally loved. A lot has changed since then and I don't think the community/fanbase overall has been as positive as it was then. I understand why people are upset, I have had my issues with 4 and 76 like many others have (though not to the degree some do), but I still wish it was a little more positive. Sure there were some ups such as when a dlc or update came out, but aside from that there has been a lot of negativity and dividedness. Maybe I've just been exposed to the nastier parts of the fandom and haven't looked on the right places, idk.

    submitted by /u/Xkilljoy98
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout: New Vegas - Any recommended mods for my first playthrough?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 03:13 AM PST

    I'm looking for mods that are more of a graphical upgrade or quality of life mods. I'm not really looking for mods that affect any aspect of the gameplay itself or those that add new content. Just some mods that make the game look and feel better to play.

    I've looked around for threads like this and found mods that suit what I'm looking for:

    NMCS Texture Pack for New Vegas

    Fallout Character Overhaul

    Wasteland clothing Hires retexture

    Weapon Retexture Project - WRP

    Darnified UI or Vanilla UI Plus

    Fallout Camera Auto Switch Sides

    Got anymore recommendations? Or maybe some of these are outdated or there are better alternatives to these?

    submitted by /u/delriopie
    [link] [comments]

    Far Harbor or Nuka World?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 04:44 PM PST

    I'm trying to pick an add on, but I honestly don't know which one to get. I'd get the one with more content overall, but I also want to know what people think of the content. I mainly care about quests and story, but also weapons and armor/clothing. What do y'all think about each one?

    submitted by /u/TheLonelyTater
    [link] [comments]

    Where the hell do I get this water chip thing in fallout 1

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 04:36 AM PST

    I've looked all over vault 15 and couldn't find it

    submitted by /u/Seeeeb2004
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 made in "Dreams" on PS4 (by Robo_Killer_v2)

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 04:26 AM PST

    Which fallout protagonist would you follow into the wastes?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 01:53 AM PST

    Fallout 4, question about a specific Hazmat Suit.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 07:00 PM PST

    I have come to realize that there are 2 hazmat suit variants, one with a regular visor, and one with a cracked visor. I really want the one with the cracked visor yet, I've seen none in the game, does anyone know locations for this specific variant?

    submitted by /u/zincxDroid
    [link] [comments]

    The Mysterious Stranger: my thoughts

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 01:53 PM PST

    So I was watching Oxhorns video about the mysterious stranger and he came to the conclusion that he had been driven mad somehow. However, his model appears much too calm for me. In my opinion, the mysterious stranger is more of an impersonation- I think this is a man who had a kid (the lonesome drifter) young then simply couldn't take the life he was left with. So he picked up his revolver and a trenchcoat and hat, and travels living life as he wishes, helping those who need a gun in their most desperate hour. He only took up the mantle of the mysterious stranger that came 100 years before him with one intent: to give his life a purpose in the wasteland. I think this is a good idea about his character, as we see his son take up a similar life when his own becomes too much. Honestly? I'm envious. All that travel, living how you want sounds perfect. But this is just my theory.

    submitted by /u/Do0o0okie_
    [link] [comments]

    FNV is broken for me (closing immediately after clicking play on launcher)

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 09:25 PM PST

    So I reset my computer recently, and I'm trying to play FNV. However, after clicking play on the launcher it just closes the launcher and the game stops (steam shows it as not playing too). I've validated and reinstalled a bunch of times, and I'm not sure what to do at this point.

    Anyone here know what the answer to this might be?

    EDIT: Some system info, lmk if anything else is needed
    Windows 10 - Very Latest Update
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 (Radeon Software v.20.2.1)
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    DirectX Version: 12

    submitted by /u/FalloutGN
    [link] [comments]

    I didn't know you may do this in Fallout 3.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 03:47 PM PST

    wiki quote:

    If the Lone Wanderer accepts the offer but reports Burke to Lucas Simms, Lucas will attempt to arrest Burke, but will get shot and killed as a consequence. The Lone Wanderer can intervene and save Lucas, but this can only be accomplished by killing or disarming Burke before he opens fire, or by attempting to speak to Simms while he is confronting Burke.

    submitted by /u/VreaL37
    [link] [comments]

    Really cool cosplayer

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 12:25 PM PST

    This super nice cosplayer was walking around D.C., wearing some really authentic looking lone wanderer gear, and gave me a bottle cap because I was apparently the first person who noticed he was actually dressed up and not homeless. If you're on here cosplayer, thanks again!

    submitted by /u/Shankster420
    [link] [comments]

    What repairs the shock sword in fallout 3

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 04:44 AM PST

    I've been using it for a while it's about halfway broken what can I use to repair it?

    submitted by /u/fekbasket
    [link] [comments]

    I'm gonna get fo1

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 04:42 AM PST

    Any good builds to try out or good locations to checkout

    submitted by /u/gibster455
    [link] [comments]

    I am just starting the fallout. What do I need to know?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:59 AM PST

    I have fallout 4 and fallout shelter.

    submitted by /u/FlubbedCheese94
    [link] [comments]

    Are mods on xb1 forever broken?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 05:07 PM PST

    Still can't play the game, with mods or newly installed without them, doesn't matter, it crashes repeatedly ever since the introduction of creation club. I miss my game. Anyone know of a fix? Or is it forever dead?

    submitted by /u/pstarr02
    [link] [comments]

    More options in Nuka world

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 02:39 PM PST

    So I've been going through nuka world a lot recently and the one thing I always dislike is having to lose a gang. But after killing off the Disciples I thought to myself why can't we just get another raider gang to join us.

    Now before you say things about the peace treaties between the gangs and things like that I will make one point. What commonwealth gang (most of which have a small area in which they operate) are going to pass up on the opportunity to gain a massive steak of land, along with a constant flow of supplies, new members and territories.

    Okay so imagine how much cooler nuka worlds commonwealth domination plan would be if you got a raider gang like the forged in on it. It would give you some epic looking settlements with customisation options and it could apply to many more gangs. The whole idea behind it could be like, after you kill off one or two of the gangs, you get a quest which directs you to three new options ie. the forged, Bosco's gang, or maybe even cross DLC with the trappers and the rust devils.

    Once you get the new raider gang on your side, you could use things like smooth operator and things like that and have to do a charisma check for it, you go to wherever the gang that you wiped out had their base and clear it out to make room for the new gang to take control. After like a few days the area could have changed and have a new aesthetic to fit with the gang you assigned and you could begin to expand your commonwealth empire with the same amount of firepower backing you.

    This could also open up new customisations with certain raider gangs adapting their styles to fit with what they have at their disposal at nuka world.

    One final point is that you could get the main bases of each gang as an outpost, making it an even more valuable investment to choose the right gang.

    Thanks for listening to my ideas

    OverbossSouthern :)

    submitted by /u/OverbossSouthern444
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on the concept of Fallout: North Dakota?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 09:21 PM PST

    TIL that Dogmeat has different colored eyes!

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:57 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/Oxh9XAd - not an amazing picture, but you can see a yellow(?) and blue eye.

    submitted by /u/Stylisthicc
    [link] [comments]

    My fallout 2 savefiles are all corrupted and I'm actually devastated

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:08 AM PST

    All of them are dead. Worse part is I started playing fallout 2 because I couldn't get fallout New Vegas to run. F

    submitted by /u/morrowindmasterrace
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment