• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 25, 2020

    Fallout | The next Fallout game shouldn't expand the timeline -- it should enrich the timeline.

    Fallout | The next Fallout game shouldn't expand the timeline -- it should enrich the timeline.


    The next Fallout game shouldn't expand the timeline -- it should enrich the timeline.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 09:29 PM PST

    This is an issue with a lot of big franchises. Everything has to be a chronologically-ordered sequel or prequel. It's about continuing the story, either backwards and forwards. If there's more story to tell about the Brotherhood or supermutants or Enclave, or other tropes from Fallout 1/2, they'll make more games. But, rather than think about "What will the supermutants and Brotherhood of Steel do next?", or "Why won't Bethesda create yet another soft reboot of Fallout 1 that takes place in Texas/Hawaii/Seattle/Toronto?", I think we should think about why Bethesda doesn't do more with the setting they have. I'd go so far as to argue that the only way for the Fallout franchise to really have long-term viability is to create rich stories within the established world, rather than more chronologically expansive but narratively derivative sequels.

    As a case in point, of all the games, New Vegas really proved that you can have a game firmly in the game world of Fallout 2 that is rich and strikingly original and highly fulfilling without resorting to cliches or tropes associated with the series as a "brand". Everything makes sense based on geography and chronology. It's easy to imagine why the brotherhood or super mutants would be-- well-- due east of where they were in another Fallout game. It's not easy to understand why these same groups would be at it again in Boston a century after the vents of Fallout 1. Not to mention Fallout 76's lore-killing retcon.

    So, honestly, I'd love a game that takes place entirely within the ruins of a heavily bombed-out New York with an Escape from New York-meets-Mad Max (or even Cloverfield) vibe. But, instead of some convoluted cheesed-up plot about overly familiar characters and factions superimposed onto a new environment that takes place in the year 2330, wouldn't it be nice to give free reign to writers and designers to imagine what New York in the Fallout world, say, in 2100 -- just a generation or two after the bombs fell? Or, a game that lets us revisit California in-between Fallout 1/2, with our character following an entirely different path from what's familiar. Anyway-- it's not likely that Bethesda's going to do anything that could risk their profit margins and will make increasingly derivative Fallout titles until the company basically replicates the EA Sports business model. But, as fans we deserve more than what they're offering right now.

    submitted by /u/villemairejones
    [link] [comments]

    So is there no possibility for a Texas based fallout in the future? What other states/cities should be considered?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 07:12 AM PST

    Aside from the fact that there are 4 cities spread out over the state of Texas that are each over a million in population, the state has a lot of variety in it. From big cities to small town, deserts to beaches, forests to hills, and historical sites. Would this be something anyone is interested in or since we already got a New Vegas should they just leave this idea alone ?

    submitted by /u/mxttbrx
    [link] [comments]

    Least Favorite Radio Song?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 01:52 PM PST

    Opposite of the recent post. I personally hate when Johny Guitar comes on in FO:NV. I am having a blast killing raiders while singing Big Iron or Jingle Jangle and then this depressing slow song comes on, always switch stations

    submitted by /u/SuspiciousElderberry
    [link] [comments]

    What was your favorite song from the Fallout radio stations?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 07:11 AM PST

    When I was 13 I sunk hundreds of hours into Fallout 3, it's by far my favorite game. I'm 23 now and when I hear Anything Goes by Cole Porter I get a nice rush of happy nostalgia.

    submitted by /u/DankSinatra122
    [link] [comments]

    We need a Fallout game in [insert US state where you live]!!!!

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 06:32 PM PST

    [My state] has guns and animals and I want [my city] to be destroyed and all human life in it to be eradicated! Just make the exact same game with a different setting, Bethesda! That's a good way to make video games: just change some assets! I'm 100% doing this because I project my own pride and ego into [my state/city] and if people visit it in Fallout I will feel much less insecure!!!

    submitted by /u/tuptastic
    [link] [comments]

    Marty Robbins & Michael Martin Murphy Big Iron

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 11:26 PM PST

    Did not make this, but found it on YouTube. As I understand it is a Rare recording of Big Iron. Had to come here after finding. Sounds great, especially the harmony.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awlkRy-YK0A

    submitted by /u/A_Communist_Crab
    [link] [comments]

    So what exactly was the power of the bomb that decimated that commonwealth

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 09:43 PM PST

    does anyone know how powerfull the bomb from the glowing seas power in megatons of TNT

    submitted by /u/HeccFriccDotCom
    [link] [comments]

    I've just completed Fallout 3 main storyline. I LOVED IT

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 11:23 AM PST

    A friend recommended me Fallout, I started with Fallout 3 and it trapped me very hard. My last open world game was Zelda Breath of the Wild (masterpiece) and practically every sensatuon I had with Zelda, i had it with Fallout too: "woah, I can go wherever I want, do a lot of missions, and even walk in the overworld with a clear objective and discover things".

    Now should I play DLC? Are they good? Or I play New Vegas or 4?

    submitted by /u/faletepower69
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Fallout 4 and why aren't there any cars around?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 05:16 AM PST

    So there are generators that produce electricity, water filtration plants, sentry guns that you can set up that detect hostiles and fire on them automatically, pip boy, computers that work, radios, synths, but no one thought about building cars? And trade is done by caravans using Brahmin as the main transport?

    Is it part of the cannon that it is a post apocalyptic world and therefore there are no cars or is it just that they couldn't build cars, bikes etc. into the game engine?

    submitted by /u/Ehtisham_Hussain
    [link] [comments]

    So i've decided to be nice (again) but still have negative karma in FO3.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 04:45 AM PST

    so i'm not giving water to those that require it (Micky and his ilk), i'm doing all the nice things like find Bryan Wilks a new home but also robbing people blind when their back is turned, to add to my negative karma i've started reverse pocketing clean, pre-war clothing (there are 6 hex references on the wiki so i added 5 of each to my inventory with console commands and i added 30 mysterious stranger hats as they look nice but don't add a perception boost) to named NPCs who look a bit scruffy or are in dirty clothes (including Micky and his ilk).

    3 Dog is obviously confused "here's some news on the wanderer we all love to hate - let me tell you about a little boy named Bryan Wilks who's been found a new home by the lone wanderer himself" (paraphrased slightly but you get the idea, though i now have well dressed NPCs wandering about.

    Some NPCs who won't be getting new clothes are those with appropriate clothing such as Moira as her overalls are what she should be wearing though many others are fair game.

    I suggest trying it for yourself, even if you don't use commands you can just collect the nice clothes you find knocking about and reverse pickpocket whoever.

    submitted by /u/Martipar
    [link] [comments]

    What i want from the next Fallout?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 04:37 AM PST

    Fucking rock and roll, no Elvis, actual, real rock and roll from the gods Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper and Bill Haley. Even if it's early bluesy rock from the likes of Bo Diddley i'll be satisfied.

    submitted by /u/Martipar
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Glitch occurring in the 2015 release of the game, Fallout 4, involving the Nuka World DLC on PlayStation 4 occurring at 3:30 PM on Monday, February 24th in the Year of Our Lord 2020, I made this title as long and descriptive as possible please don't autodelete my post like you did last time

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 02:39 PM PST

    So I was fighting a Gator claw in Nuka World and I checked my Pip Boy real quick to heal myself, and it was all like, messed up? Like the screen was bent in some places and there's just weird streaks all over it. I checked, I fast travelled, and now it's doing it to every terminal I see too. I'd show a pic to get across what I mean better but I think it's against the rules here since Reddit won't let me? Anyways, anyone have a fix for this? It's making it pretty difficult to use terminals and more importantly my Pip Boy. My first post got removed by an automod because I just put "Screen Glitch" So I'm hoping that doesn't happen again.

    submitted by /u/InnsmouthShoreman
    [link] [comments]

    Is Fallout 76 Worth it?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 04:29 AM PST

    I absolutely loved Fallout and Fallout NV, I remember waking up early before school just to play, beating the games only to play them again but do it different.

    I absolutely hate fallout 4. I got bored immediately because there is only 1 way to do missions and they guide you down a direct path. Not to mention it's all fetch and retrieve or clearing out enemies.

    I miss being able to complete a mission without killing anyone, or blowing everyones head off if you wanted too.

    I've played 3 and NV too many times. I refuse to play 4. I've seen gameplay of 76 but I have no clue what it's like still? Is it just roaming around killing enemies with friends? Kill eachother? I want an adventurous game so I might just buy Skyrim right now because I never played before. Although I enjoy the post apocalyptic world much better. Any opinions help!

    submitted by /u/Coffman64
    [link] [comments]

    Unknown Cut scene

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 05:34 PM PST

    Sir I went to bed with cait after completing all the missions And I went to bed and it teleported me to unknown bedroom and I can't find my way out please health

    submitted by /u/Meatflesh5
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 P.A.M is stuck

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 12:21 AM PST

    I declined one of PAMs missions to kill a synth and now she refuses to give me any quests. Drummer boy keeps telling me that PAM want to speak but I can't do anything. I don't have a save to reload and I'm desperate for a fix or workaround. Any help would be amazing

    submitted by /u/xboxiscrunchy
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the overseer... explode... at the end of fallout 1?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 04:33 PM PST

    So I beat the game after sneaking through Mariposa and self destructing the complex, and I reached the ending talk with the overseer where he says "You're a hero... and you have to leave" and as he walks away from me... his lower half is blown off after a shot rings out! He then dragged himself towards the vault door before collapsing dead right in front of it.

    My question is... holy hell! Was that supposed to happen?? My character didn't even draw a gun! The overseer just sorta... did that...

    submitted by /u/Alkandros_
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way I can appeal a ban on the Fallout discord server?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 03:17 AM PST

    I got banned a few months ago from the Fallout discord server for causing conflict over different entries in the IP. Is there anyone I could contact in relation to being banned on it?

    submitted by /u/feelmysoul01
    [link] [comments]

    Going authentic hardcore Legion finally, a couple of questions

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 11:11 PM PST

    Firstly, how do I deal with radiation besides having to give my caps to profligate wasteland doctors?

    Secondly, is there a good way to play through HH? I feel like I'd miss a chunk if I just started murdering everyone, and I don't recall there being an option to side with the White-Legs.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/MonsieurPants
    [link] [comments]

    Incredbile Information Regarding Automatron Damage Output. This Is A Descriptive Title So The Mods Don't Remove it. It Goes Through Methods of Increasing Damage and Everything That Affects Automatrons.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 08:32 AM PST

    Hello,

    As many of you may know, automatrons inherit your relevant stats/perks for damage output.

    Example: Raising big leagues, raises automatron melee damage.

    Big gunner raises damage of things like miniguns, Demolition Expert raises explosives (the nuka launchers, etc.). Many already know this, if you didn't know, now you do, however;

    Over the weekend I found some other discoveries, as if Automatrons couldn't get any better;

    They inherit pretty much any perk that raises melee damage; Example 'Pack Alpha'. They get another 25%. Rooted? They get the 50%. And on and on. Books etc. too, if they're relevant.

    It keeps going...

    CHEMS and ALCOHOL.

    That's right. You pop a Fury, Psychobuff, Psychojet, Bufftats... Dirty Wastelanders, Whiskey.... etc.

    And your Assaultron will be dealing like 1k+ easily with Stealth blades and the like (PER HAND!!!). (Assaultrons are by far the best melee bots, all assualtron parts, and weapon styles, stealth blade etc). They get the best combat AI, have dodge moves, etc. but only with all assaultron parts (including weapons).

    So there ya go. As if chems and automatrons couldn't get any better, they inherit all your chems and any perks that are global damage (like bloody mess) or melee/weapon types they use, plus all their other advantages, like infinite ammo, actual great combat AI, etc. Ada kills shit so fast, I don't even gotta play at all, so keep that in mind. They're insanely powerful.

    Final note: On the nuka launchers from that DLC;

    The cherry has higher damage, but they'll miss a ton. The quantum launcher is a bit less, but has huge aoe, and has guided missle tracking, like the thirst zapper does when you have the quantum upgrade on it. It's the one to use, boosted by demolition expert. With the companion no-damage perk, you can use them with impunity. Iirc, won't damage settlers etc. either like so, while they're a companion.

    This is some pretty incredible info about automatrons, that I didn't see mentioned anywhere. It's not even on the wiki.

    *UPDATE BIG INFO:

    The berserker affix gives the automatrons BIG damage (melee only it appears).

    I put a combat knife with the affix on current character, took all gear off. Bots stealth blade damage was 100, went to 200. So there's a great 'statstick' for this idea, on top of all the rest. Berserker adds 200% damage with 0 DR. This character was low level, not much perks, etc. so I imagine late game, that'd be a ton.

    They'll also take on stats from armor, worn clothes, and FOOD etc.

    Example: Grognak's Loincloth. They get the +2 Strength bonus and 20% melee damage.

    Example 2: Yao Guai roast that raises melee damage: Robot damage up!

    They only seem to get damage increases for relevant weaponry. They don't get secondary effects;

    Example: Overdrive will give 25% damage, but not add the temp perk that gives 25% crit chance.

    They do not appear to get any DR, no other properties except damage traits. Have properly tested that area now. DR from chems, etc. is never applied. Only damage increases and strengths melee damage additions.

    submitted by /u/gr00grams
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 evil build

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 05:47 PM PST

    I have only played through fallout 3 twice both times as a goody twoshoes. This time I want to play and evil SOB, what build/roleplay do you recommend?

    submitted by /u/Big_E4013
    [link] [comments]

    DLC locations you would like to see in future games? And your favorite current DLC?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 10:43 PM PST

    I think there are alot of great locations that could be used in DLC that wouldn't cut it having there own full fledged game. What are some places you would love to be able to visit in the fallout universe? I always loved the idea of something like rivet city but having a small DLC based in some offshore crusie ship etc. As for my favorite point lookout always stood out to me!

    submitted by /u/McCannicalbull
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 struggling on an RTX 2080Ti

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 02:28 AM PST

    So it's know that Fallout 4 doesn't seem to get on well with the RTX series of GPU cards, there's the infamous CTD bug if you have the weapon debris setting turned on, but the game still seems to struggle FPS wise on my rig. I run the game on 1080p at 120 FPS, (I know the whole issue with the physics engine, but that only seems to cause issues when running above 120FPS, Bethesda's INI cap is shit in both FO4 and Skyrim, keeping it on can sometimes barely get you 60FPS.) max graphics, and I do use mods, just no texture mods or EMB's.

    Is it just because the game has a fit when running it on an RTX GPU? From what I've been hearing people struggle running on above anything other than 1080p too. I know the game has always struggled with FPS drops especially in downtown Boston, but I'm talking early game, Red Rocket, Poseidon Energy Plant, even Sanctuary. Thanks for the help :)

    submitted by /u/SkyrimSlag
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a a couple of female radio hosts for Fallout Game

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 11:13 AM PST

    (Cross posted from Recorditforfree. If not allowed, please let me know)

    Hi all,

    I'm running a Fallout Game (beta test) and i wanted to make things fun for my players (and I'm a writer too, so I thought it might be fun for me as well.) I'm looking for two people (or one person with great voice acting skills) to play two DJ's in the wasteland. Characters would give intro and possible outros to songs and reading news from the Rosy Wastes based on the game. These would be game leads (hey wastelanders... this seems to be going on, maybe you don't want to go there unless you are well armed) or as a trophy (That was a dangerous area until a band of adventurers came along... good for you adventurers!)

    One is a chipper, hyper young woman who is very excited about doing this broadcast and is not exactly professional. Think DeeDee from Dexter's Lab mixed with a bit of Valley Girl (but not full Valley). She is an optimist but she wears her heart on her sleeve which means any tragedy she reports is hard on her. she would be playing the best hits of the Post Nuclear 80's (yes it's not perfect Fallout Feel but songs about nuclear war were all the rage in the 80's)

    the Other is more of a Femme Fatale. She is a soulful, sensual announcer who sounds like she fell out of a Film Noir. If you need something to go by, think Jessica Rabbit, Anne Hathaway's Catwoman, or any multitude of women in film. Her station plays (you guessed it) nothing but noir music.

    Please note, unless specified by both parties, this is for private consumption only. If, afterwards, we feel the product is worth releasing publicly, it will be done so for free, unless specified by both parties. Sound good?

    If you are interested please let me know. If you want to play with other radio stations, I'm more than happy to work with you.

    submitted by /u/willwriteforsex
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips on enjoying Falout NV?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2020 01:25 AM PST

    TL;DR: So you guys have any tips on how to make this game as good as possible?

    So i played Fallout NV, i was having high hopes after my experience with skyrim and 4 but was kinda disappointed. Played melee run cuz gunplay felt soo bad, did the NCR ( boy i wanted that ranger armor) story and ended up disappointed with game giving me cool sword just to end in wall of text. So i REALLY want to understand why people love this game so much.

    I already boosted the speed to make it less slow, maybe DLC's are worth getting? Any mods you can recomend? Any advices on how should i play? Literaly anything.

    PS: My intention is not to spit on the game but to get the best possible experience.

    submitted by /u/keszotrab
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment