• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 6, 2020

    Fallout Lore | A possible explanation for the violent cartoons

    Fallout Lore | A possible explanation for the violent cartoons


    A possible explanation for the violent cartoons

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 04:15 PM PST

    I'm talking specifically about the SPECIAL cartoons for FO4 and the Nuka-World safety video - they seem a little out of place in their level of violence for Fallout's retro-futuristic 50s culture, which would likely have frowned upon something like that, especially when it's (at least partly) aimed at children.

    But then I thought about Squirrel and Hedgehog, the North Korean children's cartoon that's full of war themes, violence, and down-your-throat nationalism, and it started to make more sense to me. It wouldn't actually be all that out of place for a hyper-militaristic society like Fallout's America to desensitise its children to violence early on, so that they'll be more like to put on a uniform and die for the country.

    Anyway, this is really just speculation on my part, and I'm not sure it was really intentional, but it could be a decent in-universe explanation.

    submitted by /u/OctoberHades123
    [link] [comments]

    Why does a pipboy... exist?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 03:42 PM PST

    I've looked at the pipboy, and aside from gameplay, I cannot think to as why someone would actually buy one.

    I mean it's practically just a health monitor radio. I don't see why a a civilian would be interested.

    I know they can also unlock vaults and play video games, but thanks to hyper inflation, would someone pay such a large amount of money for a glorified terminal?

    For bragging rights? I do not know.

    submitted by /u/BiggestThiccBoi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment