• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 4, 2020

    Fallout | It was a good run

    Fallout | It was a good run


    It was a good run

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 10:12 PM PST

    I'm sad to say it but the vault tec phone number no longer works. For those of you who don't know when fallout 3 came out a voicemail was set up whenever you called the number in the trailer. But alas 11 years later and the number doesn't work anymore. Sad.

    submitted by /u/Catching-ice
    [link] [comments]

    If the Brotherhood is in the next Fallout game then we should be able to become a Scribe.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:47 AM PST

    Sure, being a Paladin is cool and all, but I don't always want to be a big hulking hunk of metal gunning down all the mutants of the wasteland, sometimes I just want to don some light armor and go and find the secrets of the past, learn about old technology, and find information that could help the Brotherhood and the world.

    It always made me a little sad to see the Brotherhood Scribes in Fallout 4 going around in their cool looking armor doing their thing. I feel like that if we had had the opportunity to become a Scribe then we could've gotten a lot more variety in both the game itself and the Brotherhood beyond "go kill thing so that we can do thing". It would've also encouraged more exploring and reading of terminals and documents.

    Maybe I have the idea of what Scribes do all wrong, but I still think that it would be cool to be one, so I hope that we get the option in the next Fallout.

    submitted by /u/OnetimeRocket13
    [link] [comments]

    What happens at the end of fallout 3

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 09:26 PM PST

    I have the game of the year edition. I want to know what happens when you finish the game, does it just go to the main menu or do you wake up in the middle of the wasteland?

    submitted by /u/J-a-kinsey086
    [link] [comments]

    DIY Nuka-Cola Soda crate complete with glowy Quantums

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 04:25 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/EPnHQlC

    Got the idea from when Jones made the next-to-impossible-to-get Nuka-Cola Quantum limited edition sodas.

    Fast-Forward several years and I finally made it.

    Using a single Adafruit Pro Trinket 5V with four NeoPixel Jewels.

    submitted by /u/Good2bCh13f
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get 100 happiness I’m at 97 right now

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 01:54 PM PST

    So I'm trying to get my final achievement in this game, 100 Happiness in a large settlement.

    I'm currently at 97 with an up arrow I have a large settlement, Budget bar is yellow. I have six settlers Five working at level three bars One harvesting six muitfruit I have six beds which and each settler is assigned to its own bed. I have pummel horse and weight bench. I have a cat and a dog. I have 3 slot machines I have 166 defence.

    I have no clue what else to do, please help.

    submitted by /u/NathanCan
    [link] [comments]

    I wanna go back to the Capital

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:59 PM PST

    I would love to have a new Fallout game that is set back in the Capital Wasteland. It's such a fun area and it has so much potential.

    Imagine going back and seeing that grass has grown and trees have regained some leaves. With Project Purity bringing fresh, clean water to the wasteland, it just makes sense that some of that would help dilute the radiation in the soil to some degree and give it back nutrients possibly. Also, while I don't know absolutely anything about weather, I'd have to assume that the fresh water would evaporate and then when it rained the rain would contain less and less radiation over time. Not to mention, they could canonize helping Harold and Bob grow in the oasis quest, making the Capital a much greener place.

    Fallout has had 3 games that all took place in the West. Bethesda has never made one that revisited an area, but it wouldn't be out of character for this series. And there are so many things that could have changed in the years after FO3 and even FO4. For example the BoS left to go to the Commonwealth. I don't know if it was all or just some, I was never too clear. But at least most probably did. That could potentially leave the Capital open to a major power struggle for control between one group or another. Or even leave it a wilder place without the Brotherhood helping to stem the tide of the Super Mutants in D.C.

    I don't know how they could do it, or what the story would be, but I definitely think there's potential there if they ever decided to go back. What do y'all think?

    submitted by /u/Zerohazrd
    [link] [comments]

    How to fix the Minutemen; Pt2: betrayal and the sight.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:51 PM PST

    Link to original post

    One detail I didn't mention In my first post was Mama Murphy. There should be a Minuteman side quest to investigate the origin of the sight. The quest could lead to having to investigate the crashed Alien UFO, and through alien voice terminals learn some lore about an experiment infusing humans, such as Mama Murphy and the forecaster from NV, with physic powers. In the UFO their could be a weapon cache so you could make a Minuteman squad with alien blasters, if you want to make a weird alternate reality.

    Or, the sight is completely unrelated to Zetans and it's just a thing.

    On betrayal, it's a huge note in the Minutemen lore. How the Minutemen got betrayed at Quincy, and how they betrayed Quincy. When your going to clear Quincy with the Minutemen, you shoot down a few gunners, and then you have a choice. Betray the Minutemen, betray Quincy once again. And you join the gunners. You travel the wasteland, bending it to your will. You get quests to kidnap people, demand ransom, and exterminate settlers. Become the opposite of the Minutemen.

    This was more of an "expansion" post on my previous idea, I intend to make more of these post for the Minutemen and other factions.

    submitted by /u/ThomasDogrick
    [link] [comments]

    Why are the New Vegas clocks stuck at 9:47AM?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 01:45 PM PST

    In Fallout 3, all the clocks are stuck at 9:47 AM because thats when the bombs dropped and the EMP stopped them. In New Vegas, all of the clocks are stuck at that same time, but Nevada is in a different time zone. Also, all the bombs that hit the US didnt drop at the same time anyway.

    Obviously this us due to Obsidian reusing assests from Fallout 3, but is there a lore-friendly reason?

    submitted by /u/internet_czar
    [link] [comments]

    Amata and The Enclave

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 12:05 PM PST

    If you open vault 101 during "Trouble on the homefront", There later will be an encounter between Amata and The Enclave in which they ask the location of the vault before shooting her. How does it make sense for the Enclave to kill a vault dweller when their plan for rebuilding America relies almost entirely on vault dwellers repopulating America?

    submitted by /u/East_Day
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a base building and scraping mod for New Vegas?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 07:09 PM PST

    What's that weird hazmat suit the woman that (attempts) to take shaun wears at the start of the game? She's with Kellogg, I'm the vault. And can you get it? Cuz the suit looks awesome

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 04:02 AM PST

    Is Fallout 76 worth it for £15?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 04:23 PM PST

    I've not seen much on the game. I heavily enjoyed FO3 and FO4, but if I'm honest, the initial widespread complaints of FO76 put me off a purchase.

    I've heard it's been updated a lot recently, and is a lot more enjoyable. Is it more comparable to FO3/4? Is it enjoyable alone?

    submitted by /u/Lazarus2306
    [link] [comments]

    Scrapped Maisie for 43000 caps!?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:52 PM PST

    Hey all, the other day I found a dead cat named Maisie at Abernathy farm, turns out she was killed in an errant raider dick cocktail of the fiery kind throw. Anyways I have two mods that let me scrap more at settlements, and I went over to scrap her as I do with all dead bodies that won't go away on their own. I scrap her quickly as I tend to do, and noticed a flash of what looked like a large number on the screen. Figured it was some kind of code ala what the game assigned as her value or resource group and went on my way. Few days later I'm looking at the workshop inventory there and notice there are 43 and something thousand caps sitting there.

    Anyone else experience this? I couldn't find anything on the web about it

    Ps replaying this game again after a 2 year hiatus because I got bored of my other ones and just bought a new tv. Holy hell is it beautiful with the right tv, it's strange actually because I specifically remember a lot of areas being extremely washed out and bland, but this feels almost like a new game. Recommend mods if you want, I only have the game and far harbor tho. I think I'll get nuka world but 20 seems high for the content.

    submitted by /u/Halflife37
    [link] [comments]

    I want heavy weapons!

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 11:18 AM PST

    Fallout 4 is disappointing when it comes to heavy weapons. There are very few options, and you basically have to luck into a legendary variant if you want to use anything other than gatling laser or missile launcher. I miss the variety of FNV heavy weapons, including many energy and explosive weapons. For starters there are usually only a few vanilla modifications to add on, and ammo is always a problem without scrounger for many of them.

    Minigun - very weak base attack

    Fat man - VERY limited ammo that is often outside of containers and therefore doesn't work with scrounger. Also limited use case

    Cryolator - rare ammo, and weak base attack. No legendaries

    Flamer - weak base attack, low range, and somewhat rare ammo (with fast consumption)

    Broadsider - limited ammo and use case. Never found s legendary in 1k hrs

    Harpoon gun - only found after visiting far Harbor. Limited use case, but at least the ammo is retrievable

    Junk jet - basically a gimmick weapon and fairly useless.

    The two that are worth investment:

    Gatling laser - relatively common though expensive to buy ammo. Very good dps after spin up. Managing partially filled cores is annoying though especially if you're also using PA.

    missile launcher - ammo similarly as common as fusion cores. Excellent damage because it meshes with demo expert and heavy gunner and ends up stronger than a base fat man.

    submitted by /u/Akhi11eus
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite fallout song?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 01:45 PM PST

    I mean the song doesn't have to be fallout themed, just one soundtrack you can hear in the radio stations. From any of the fallout games.

    submitted by /u/Hermani06
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with see-through scopes mod

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 01:59 AM PST

    So I just got this mod and its working fine with the vanilla guns and most mod weapons, however some mod guns like the service rifle have an excessive amount of sway in the reticle when I move or look around. Essentially the reticle drags so far behind my point of aim that I really can't hit any moving targets at all. I'm sure lots of you guys use the see-through mod with the service rifle, is this normal, or is something out of place here?

    submitted by /u/Jellyswim_
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please make a detailed video on how to mod New Vegas on PC? I’m not good with PCs and I’m mainly a console player, it would mean the world to me. Thank you.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 01:22 AM PST

    I saw one video by this guy on YouTube but he skipped over some stuff and I had to guess what to do next, I really just wanna play through NV.

    submitted by /u/Kikowani
    [link] [comments]

    What does NV do better than 4 and should I buy it?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:57 PM PST

    I'm late to the party but i've been playing fallout 4 for a while. I got it recently since it was the most recent game and I was new to fallout, I fell in love with the game and fallout and when I was looking around I saw that F: NV was ranked by many people as the best fallout game. It looks interesting but I also hear its very different from F4. In what ways in NV better than 4 and should I buy NV?

    submitted by /u/viktor-reznov0308
    [link] [comments]

    I've spent more time in Fallout 4 than any other game in the series.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 03:19 PM PST

    Fallout 4 gets a lot of unneeded hate since its release. I still believe it was due to the insane amount of hype. People built this game up to be something that it could never achieve. Todd Howard never lied about the game. Everything he said that was in it was actually there. Hell, as fucked up as Fallout 76 is, I still believe the whole "Todd Howard is a liar" idea is overblown.

    While Fallout 4 is not my most favorite in the series, (that goes to Fallout 3) it is the Fallout game I spent the most time in. The Main Quest is lengthy and I guess I am the only one that loves the Story. There are great side missions and, in my opinion, the radiant quests don't get old. I also love Settlements and managing them with the Minutemen. It really feels like I am building a community and watching it flourish. Also the DLC is some of the best in any Fallout. Far Harbor and Nuka World are absolutely amazing and add a lot to an already jam packed base game.

    Also the modding on Xbox One is a dream come true and really added so much to the experience.

    So yeah, I wanted to add a little Fallout 4 love to the subreddit because I don't see a lot of that around the internet. Before 76 came, and even after, everyone used Fallout 4 as a punching bag. But not me! I have always maintained that Fallout 4 fits in perfectly among the other games from the Original Fallout, to the Amazing Fallout 2, to the God-Like Fallout 3, and to the Crowd-Pleasing Fallout New Vegas.

    submitted by /u/KhajiitHasWares2077
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 pc crashes

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 04:16 PM PST

    Hey i play on pc i can opem the game but whem i do alt tab game frozes when i come back there is sound yet game is screen is frozen and sometimes just by saving it crashes vats as well (i play on ultra ) Any suggestions ?

    submitted by /u/cyber_Armonger
    [link] [comments]

    A genuine question

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 01:04 PM PST

    Do people still play fallout 76? I bought it on Xbox when it came out and logged like 20 hours on it and stopped. Then I bought it for PC in like July. I was wondering if it's good enough to pick back up again? I loved fallout and I was upset to see that 76 didn't meet my expectations.

    submitted by /u/Anthony7202
    [link] [comments]

    Destroying the Institute is not worth it

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 03:49 PM PST

    From a very long time in my head i came up with the conclusion that the endings of Fallout 4 are all wrong aside from that of the Institute, and that is the destruction of it after the battle and the uselessness of the action because you are going to figuratively kill yourself by destroying all the technology, the knowledge and the resources of the Institute.

    If we think about it realistically this is a very very bad idea because not only you are going to detonate a nuclear reactor in the middle of Boston with all the consequences of a nuclear Fallout and the contamination of the area of Cambridge for maybe 100 to 500 years to come, if it was for me then the Sole Survivor would have the possibility of not destroy the Institute by convincing Elder Maxson or Desdemona of the contrary and by ordering to Preston to not destroying it since you are the General. After the battle again the Institute the Minutemen/BoS/Railroad would occupy the Institute and exploit their resources for the Commonwealth by expanding the various fields dedicated to BioScience, Robotics, Advanced System and others, of course the SRB and the Synth Program would be shut down for the good of everyone, and by doing this also the winner faction can show mercy by allowing to all ex-scientists who worked for the Institute to pledge allegiance to them and allowing to work for the safety of Humanity and maybe after even the refoundation of the CIT.

    Before you say that this is wrong then this isn't the philosophy of the Brotherhood to confiscate the technology and then use it for the better of the Humanity and also by the Minutemen with their goal of making the Commonwealth a better place ?

    This can be directly seen by what an other faction like the NCR would had done if possible, the NCR in this case would have send a outside agent for destabilise the Institute from the inside and or use their military for attack the CIT and taking it for themselves, then the OIS would take over the facility and use it for benefit the Republic and his citizens.

    submitted by /u/ChosenUndead97
    [link] [comments]

    (Fallout 4) mod conflict removes my character file making me unable to select from character list

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:53 PM PST

    While playing fallout 4 I noticed an oddity , my name was never used. It didn't appear so I go to check my saves aren't under any name in my character list making me(almost) unable to access this character if I make more saves on different characters. I do not wish to lose this character as I have some nice builds and accomplishments I would like to keep. Any help would be appreciated

    Edit: yeah found out it was bc I uninstalled my alt start mod

    submitted by /u/kneesh-knorsh
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment