• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 22, 2020

    Fallout | A lore friendly Fallout sequel that I think would be extra interesting to play through, hear me out.

    Fallout | A lore friendly Fallout sequel that I think would be extra interesting to play through, hear me out.


    A lore friendly Fallout sequel that I think would be extra interesting to play through, hear me out.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 12:35 PM PST

    Fallout 5 should be called Fallout Cinco and take place in Mexico City. Date could be May 5th 2300 ( cinco de mayo, 2+3=5 ). Open up with a car's stereo playing mambo no.5 as it pans out and shows the remains of the city's center and loads of political propaganda. Contrary to other games, the city could be not as messed up and show actual progress due to all the damn time it's been since the bombs. Working vehicles and a ton of Mr Handies roaming around (check the lore as to why). Have the story be a bit like Just Cause, the US army messed up Mexican politics to take over their oil reserves and is up to your character to remove the corrupt government (Enclave maybe?). Have 5 factions: the enclave, the revolutionaries who want to end the corrupt government, some aztec inspired tribals who want to restore nature, the conservatives who want Mexico to be an old world monument and some drug lords/raiders who just want the world to burn. Have a whole bunch of different wildlife and chupacabras (bat/axolotl blood sucking hybrids). Have the Tejada's ranch become some sort of haven for the sick and homeless. Have some serious secrets uncover, like I don't know... Maybe vault tec had vaults there too with different colored jumpsuits for the dwellers and even show that Poseidon Energy started the nuking. No brotherhood of steel and no super mutants in this one, all new atomic freaks aside from the good old ghouls. What about the hard pulp Americana you ask? Look up pictures of Mexico in the 50's, it's like the Great Gatsby's setting and Gotham City's love child. Art Deco for days and classy ass streets. My two cents... What do you think?

    EDIT: Ooh wee! Loads of contributions. I'm going to write a draft of the story tomorrow and post it to see if you like it. It'd be awesome to make this robust enough to pitch. What's there to lose, right?

    submitted by /u/Absent_Daddy
    [link] [comments]

    Why is fallout 4 viewed as mediocre to some people

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 10:25 PM PST

    i have played some of 3 finished new vegas and im at the point in fallout 4 where im looking for the rail road and i love fallout 4 and new vegas so i was wondering why fallout 4 is viewed as the "OK" one in the series and not up there with the rest of "the good ones"

    submitted by /u/HeccFriccDotCom
    [link] [comments]

    My Fallout 77 predictions

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 11:55 AM PST

    Since 77 comes after 76, it would only logical for Fallout 77 to be the next game in the Fallout franchise. Here are my predictions:

    1. Mr. Squeeze takes control of The Institute, making lemons the focal point of their research.

    That's all I've got so far.

    submitted by /u/Future-War-Cult
    [link] [comments]

    A cool detail about ammo in fallout 4

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 12:29 AM PST

    If you inspect almost any ballistic ammunition you'll see that there's some writing on the back, as of yet I've only checked the shotgun shells and circled G ammunition but both proudly proclaims how good and durable their casings are, just a neat little detail to explain how there's still ammo this far in the future.

    submitted by /u/bookDJnr1
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout New Vegas short film about the origins of Legate Lanius starring his actual voice actor from the game. Superbly done

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 11:16 PM PST

    Genuine question to those who’ve played a lot of New Vegas

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 04:31 PM PST

    I've been playing a lot of New Vegas recently and have acquired through my travels a number of unique weapons but I cannot carry them all, could those that have played NV tell with some form of explanation which is better out of the following vs.

    A light shining in Darkness vs That gun

    Vance's 9mm SMG vs Sleepytyme

    Gobi campaign rifle vs Christines CoS rifle And Medicine Stick vs Ranger Sequoia

    Again cheers to anyone who responds👍

    submitted by /u/SpeakeasyG1887
    [link] [comments]

    I have a Fallout tattoo too! My little tribute to New Vegas.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 02:09 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/qSJarS8

    It's not much but it's mine and I like it. No gods, no masters.

    submitted by /u/drforrester-tvsfrank
    [link] [comments]

    Storywise how is Piper such a good fighter?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 03:13 AM PST

    Every companion in Fallout 4 has a reason for their combat skills - Preston's a trained Minuteman, Cait's a former slave turned cage fighter, Danse is an experienced brotherhood soldier, Nick has the memories and training of a police detective etc etc. Basically every single one of them has a combat background.

    Except Piper. Piper's a self-styled journalist who generally avoids violence and the two stories she tells you of her past indicate she uses talk and subterfuge to get her way - particularly the Children of Atom one where she snuck away and let the guards handle the cult rather than fighting herself. And if Piper really got most of her scoops via killing people I doubt her paper would sell.

    So how is it that she's just as capable as your other, far more experienced companions? Chalk it up to gameplay but storywise she's never treated as if she's less skilled than the other companions and anyone that does try to talk down to her - Strong and Danse in particular - get rebuked that she can take care of herself. Is she just self-trained and lucky?

    submitted by /u/Vendetta543
    [link] [comments]

    If another company were to make fallout 5 which should it be?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 03:00 AM PST

    Regardless if it's like FNV were bethesda still owned the rights or if the IP is bought be another company, what company do you think should make fallout 5?

    submitted by /u/bookDJnr1
    [link] [comments]

    What's your "if only I'd had a quick-save" in your first fallout game/run.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 02:59 AM PST

    Personally, when I move to megaton for the first time, spoke whit Moriarty for my dad, and suddenly became the engineer of Burke. I ran to Sims to tell the thing, chase him in the bar, and... At last I got a sheriff hat.

    submitted by /u/goldserker
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t leave the Institute

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 03:53 PM PST

    It wont let me Fast Travel out of the Institute, I had to meet all Division Leaders but I convinced Doctor Li to come back to the brotherhood. I need help I cant leave the Institute and my last save is when I just convinced her to join, help!

    submitted by /u/Hugg_
    [link] [comments]

    DnD Campaign Set in Fallout universe Help?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 09:06 AM PST

    So, I plan on starting a campaign set in the Fallout universe for my DnD group, but I need some idea for the vaults. As anyone who has played the games can attest to, Vault-Tec was a bunch of shifty bastards that had ulterior motives and experiments in their vaults, and if I'm going to run a Fallout campaign, I'm going to need to include one of the most iconic parts of the series. The problem is, I'm drawing a blank on ideas for experiments for the vaults I'll need to include. For reference, it will take place around the Omaha, Nebraska/Council Bluffs, Iowa areas, and I plan to include 5-7 vaults.

    submitted by /u/FuckingUsernamesGone
    [link] [comments]

    [FO4] "Make a move, and I'll end you wastelander."

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 06:47 PM PST

    Not the brightest thing to say to the General of the Minutemen stomping around in Sentinel BOS Model F power armor you stupid bitch.

    Long story short, she's been lying face-down in the mud outside The Slog's massive wall for a few days now and Doc Weathers is looking for a new caravan guard.

    submitted by /u/zetabyte27
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: That the Forecaster from Fallout New Vegas uses a psychic nullifier. Something which was also used in the original Fallout

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 06:22 PM PST

    This probably isn't too wild of a realization for a lot of you but being that Clay from 188 Trading Post is a child and therefore immortal and can't be looted I always assumed his headgear which he calls his medicine was just some sort of odd brace and not some form of alien technology. I didn't realize until later that the psychic nullifier also appears in the original Fallout and can be used by psykers (typically a product of radiation and FEV that has paranormal and psychic powers) to disable or prevent their powers. Lucy, Wiggum, and Gideon of the Cathedral each have one.

    https://fallout.gamepedia.com/Psychic_nullifier_(Fallout)

    https://fallout.gamepedia.com/Psychic_nullifier_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)

    submitted by /u/TheAmazingJuicyBeast
    [link] [comments]

    I Can Use Mods, But My Friend Can't | Xbox One

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 12:18 AM PST

    I just got an Xbox One and the Game Pass. I downloaded Fallout 4 and saw that I could select the mod page.

    I was under the impression, because of my best friend, that I had to own every expansion/dlc pack to use mods.

    I don't know where she heard it from or if it's true. But if this was just some bs she was fed by someone else, why can't she use mods?

    She owns her game out right as a downloadable copy and mine is just a perk of having the Game Pass. Does that have anything to do with it?

    She's wanted to use mods forever and she's been slowly buying the packs. But if that's not the problem then after she gets them all she still won't have the mod menu, right? So can I fix it for her?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Minty_Sugar
    [link] [comments]

    Far Harbor: Wind Turbines

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 01:37 PM PST

    So I've played through the Far Harbor Questline and at the end of it convinced Dima to submit himself to Far Harbor's Judgement. I decided to maintain a neutral stance out of curiosity and sure enough The townsfolk have gone and slaughtered the acadians (after i convinced Tektus to destroy the CoA).

    I'm very disappointed in the citizens of Far Harbor and would like to shut off the wind turbine as punishment for their butchery. I have the code from the cache but no option on the monitor to use it. Is it impossible to destroy all 3 factions? Can I not use the code if the quest is no longer active?

    submitted by /u/ainsley708
    [link] [comments]

    Mama Murphy's chair clipped through the ceiling when I placed it and I didn't notice until I saw this

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 11:53 AM PST

    This guy found a wy to re-enable achivements in Fallout 3

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 11:41 PM PST

    So GFWL was discontinued for a long-long time, I got the game from Steam and because of that I was never be able to earn achiements in it. But this guy randomly posted a guide yesterday on steam about how to get it work again:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1973644516

    And I tried this method, it works perfectly. Syncs it to your XBOX Live profile after all these yers.

    submitted by /u/huBen426
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally joined slavers guild in fallout 2

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 11:39 PM PST

    I've heard that if your a slaver you don't have access to some quests and I wanted to try to do as much as possible in my first playthrough. Would killing them change anything or am I permanently screwed?

    submitted by /u/KarmaKamelKlan
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I get another Silver Shroud outfit?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 10:32 PM PST

    I accidentally dropped my Silver Shroud outfit because I needed more space for my inventory.

    submitted by /u/62elishanex
    [link] [comments]

    Alternate Fallout timeline: The Brotherhood wins the BoS-NCR War

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 06:25 PM PST

    What would have happened to California (and New Vegas) in a Falloutverse where the Brotherhood won the war?

    The lore implies that they nearly won a quick and relatively affordable victory in the early days because they absolutely crushed the NCR in the early battles. Their economic warfare also forced the NCR to switch to a fiat currency and lead to a reintroduction of the Bottle Cap as currency.

    Let's just assume the BoS wins even more crushing victories in the early war and focuses on economic warfare right from the start.

    I guess the BoS couldn't really destroy the NCR but a victory would allow them to enforce a really nasty treaty.

    How would California and the Mojave look in this alternate 2281?

    submitted by /u/Lord_Purifier
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment