• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 15, 2020

    Fallout | The Fallout universe is probably the only universe in which people kill each other for duct tape.

    Fallout | The Fallout universe is probably the only universe in which people kill each other for duct tape.


    The Fallout universe is probably the only universe in which people kill each other for duct tape.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:14 AM PST

    I made my junk jet a 100 times more fun.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:30 PM PST

    One of the most things I enjoy in fallout is weapon building, I spent most of my time in fallout building weapon classes and stuff. But one of the most interesting weapons im the game is the Junk Jet, I was thinking of what to do with it and an idea hit me.

    I started scrounging the Commonwealth for cigarettes, cigarette boxes, cigars (everything that belongs to smoking).

    And I named the Junk Jet "smoking kills".

    Now I can save the wasteland by giving the filth of the Commonwealth lung cancer.

    submitted by /u/ZeinSh69
    [link] [comments]

    I need some detailed info on Fallout: New Vegas for my DnD game. Any help?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:02 AM PST

    I started a DnD campaign where my players start from a normal medieval village, then they go to ship with a synth and end up in the Fallout world. I am going to use New Vegas's plot for my game but I don't want to railroad them to the story. I might take some quests but that's all. To do this, I need detailed info on the games groups. What are their ideologies, what do they want to do and why they want to do it, what is their conflict with the other groups etc. I obviously know these in general because I played the game, but I wonder if there are any videos, articles anything that get into full details of these things. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/elameth
    [link] [comments]

    I am over encumbered Pt.2 (there were a few things I missed and one thing that just came in the post)

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:22 PM PST

    Who else remembers the Save Player 1 video Bethesda put out 6 months before announcing Fallout 76?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:42 AM PST

    Was discussing this with some others and discovered they didn't even know about this Sweet Little Lie

    submitted by /u/Dr_Valen
    [link] [comments]

    Fire ants in Fallout 3 gave me a jumpscare.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:24 PM PST

    I wandered into the land of Rivet City just expecting some ants that have been enlarged by radiation, I was partially correct, I was very intimidated when I frenzied one of them and two fire ants began to breathe literal fire on each other. The irony of this game continues to amaze me.

    submitted by /u/kylehk58
    [link] [comments]

    New Fallout 76 Full Patch Notes For January 14th Released PS4, Xbox One & PC Includes Adjustments and Fixes Ahead of Wastelanders Update

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:59 AM PST

    Bethesda has released a new Fallout 76 patch for PC and consoles which offers adjustments and fixes ahead of the upcoming Wastelanders update.

    The January 14 patch updates the game version to 1.2.7.2 and weighs in at roughly 1GB on PC and 2.5GB on consoles.

    submitted by /u/JohnHopkins67
    [link] [comments]

    What I want from the next Fallout title

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:10 AM PST

    So the next Fallout title is likely far off it probably won't be released until after the Next Gen consoles "Xbox Series X and PS5" have been released it is more then likely the next title is still in the conceptualization and writing phase. With that being said here are some things that I personally would like to see and maybe even the community at large. 1. A new engine - the current game engine is an updated and modified version of the game engine originally used for Morrowind, it is getting old and it shows. 2. A fully fledged QA process to eliminate as many bugs as possible. 3. Multiple choice objectives- there should be several ways to complete a mission with that mission having wildly different outcomes based upon your choices and the actions done to bring those choices to fruition. 4. A more in-depth settlement system- have settlements serve purposes and have actual effect on other settlements and the game world at large. 5.More dark and morally ambiguous quests- Less black and white good guys and bad guys content more post apocalyptic gritty morally grey quests. 6.More civilization- Just that. 7.Less fetch quests.

    submitted by /u/Arnhem_Umbra
    [link] [comments]

    I'm stuck at the beginning of Fallout 3

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:13 PM PST

    I started Fallout 3 a week ago, and I reached the part where you have to find Galaxy Radio HQs, but the location cannot be accessed because there are ruined buildings blocking the streets. I tried accessing the place by the metro station next to it, but I didn't result. So if anybody can tell me how to reach it, I'd be very thankful.

    submitted by /u/_Azteca
    [link] [comments]

    My Willow mod for Fallout New Vegas won't interact with Blake for her quest Big Spender.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 12:53 AM PST

    Does anyone know how to fix this any advice is useful and will be appreciated

    submitted by /u/KrackHead64
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone else notice that companions have infinite carry weight?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:31 AM PST

    If you have companions pick things up they can carry anything without becoming over encumbered just wondering for anyone that has played survival is this something that would make it easier?

    submitted by /u/Shalashaska1652
    [link] [comments]

    If Fallout 76 wasn't online and told its story in the present tense.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:05 PM PST

    I would have had the story centered with the Enclave being the antagonists of the game. They seek to take control of the silos through whatever means, even having the overseer of Vault 76 go find them to take control (thinks she is doing it for Vault-Tec but doesn't know it was the Enclave if they weren't present in the area). That is where we come in.

    The 76 Dweller go to find the overseer and tracks down the silos. One is controlled by the Brotherhood of Steel, the second by the Responders, and the third controlled by the Enclave or maybe proto super mutants with a hivemind (I wish we could've had more body horror than the same green dudes, The Master became something interesting when he was dipped).

    You can choose who to help control the silos. As the game progresses, we hear of the scorchbeasts and encounter the plague they are leaving behind. Of course we encounter them and see they are an immense threat that could overrun the wasteland.

    Eventually we could end up at the West Tek facility or some base to acquire FEV samples for the possible engineering of a cure for the disease and something to wipe out the scorchbeasts.

    In the end we deal with both the Enclave and their accidental creation (the scorchbeasts btw). We probably be in a bunker and when we exit we see the nukes already destroying the surface to stop all the scorchbeasts but we must face the Queen who's pissed off.

    It would be epic if we had this urgency and build up to the Queen and missile launch than being a game mechanic. Things be more meaningful.

    submitted by /u/Hope1820
    [link] [comments]

    Ants! (Fallout 3)

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:03 PM PST

    So my first time playing fallout 3 (or any fallout), Im just finishing up at the Super Duper Mart, when this small child approaches me and asks me to save his town from huge scary monsters. Me being the brave fearless (HA!) hero that I am, decide it's my duty to help this poor child. So I follow him to his town. And as most of you know, it's filled with giant fire breathing way too creepy looking ants. For most people this is just part of the fun and they get shooting. I however, have a fear of ants. Do I turn around and leave? Do I fire blindly applying spray and pray tactics? Nope I turn the system off and gtfo'd that disc.

    submitted by /u/thefinalhill
    [link] [comments]

    One of the things I love the most about the 3 modern Fallout titles: the UI

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:45 AM PST

    It's something I often see overlooked by most folks despite the obvious amount of attention and passion poured into it. I'm specifically talking about the actual "style" of the menus in 3, New Vegas and 4, and not the act of navigating them or their readability. That's something I've seen conflicted reports on so it's debatable whether it's good or not, though personally I've never had issues getting the menus to work how I want in these games.

    Bethesda-published Fallout games have all featured the same main user interface element, the Pip-Boy, with the iconic Vault Boy acting as a visual representation of the various perks, skills and whatever else Bethesda wants to communicate to the player easily. While these elements stem from the first two isometric Fallout games, and were certainly charming and much appreciated even back then, I think Bethesda's UI designers took the fun, cartoony way of presenting game mechanics through actual in-world properties that Interplay came up with and really ran with it.

    The first thing that comes to mind is, of course, the Pip-Boy. Diegetic (when a UI element is something that physically exists within the game's world rather than being an abstraction that serves the player alone) menu design is something pretty much everyone loves as long as it's done well and doesn't needlessly obstruct navigation. I remember back in ~2010 when I first played Fallout 3 and was introduced to the Pip-Boy, I was so in love with the concept that I tried to make a papercraft replica to wrap around my wrist because I just thought as a device, the Pip-Boy was awesome (yeah, I was a stupid kid). In all three 3D fallout games, the Pip-Boy makes sense for the story, explains VATS and how the player character often has better logistical and technological capabilities than most NPCs, and is just a cooler way of displaying info to the player than just popping up a 2D menu on the screen would ever be, at least in my opinion.

    While most RPGs are content with simply illustrating what their skills and unlockables do through text, small icons or sometimes in-game videos, Fallout manages to do the same with simple but easy to understand and often darkly comedic drawings of Vault Boy. Despite how tragic and serious some stories in the Fallout world are, overall, the entire series has been coated in a delicious layering of irony and black comedy, something the skill and perk drawing follow to great success. The juxtaposition of a cute, cartoonish character design like Vault Boy and the grit and violence of a post-apocalyptic world is timeless to me. Some of my favourites are the images for Bloody Mess, Mister Sandman and Sneering Imperialist, but there are tons of charming illustrations to be appreciated across all 3 games.

    But where things REALLY stepped way the fuck up was Fallout 4. I dunno if it's the increased budget or a bigger push for including animations and drawings in the UI but it makes me so happy it's there. The Pip-Boy has been given a dandy visual update with a more ergonomic design and snappier animations that actually show how the player character uses the device. I love how holotapes and Vault door activation actually have animations associated with them now, further adding to the immersion that the Pip-Boy has always been pushing for.

    And my god, the ANIMATIONS! Adding limited 60s-era computer animation and primitive sound effects to the perk images is such a wonderful addition that greatly adds to the fun of getting new perks and looking through them. I'm pretty sure I'll never get tired of hearing the Gun Nut sound when reviewing my perks, or the speech check success or critical hit animations. Some of the funniest little bits of classic Fallout humour can be found in the quest animations as well, with two of my favourites being the Dangerous Minds one where the Vault Boy cheerfully picks up and tosses Kellogg's rotting brain, and the Here There Be Monsters one, which is just so cute that I want to hug whoever thought of it.

    Overall I just think the franchise's style in general is so unique and creative that I can't get enough of it. I feel like every other company who wants to create a post-apocalyptic setting is just looking at Bethesda and thinking "damn, how can we top that?" It's just such a perfect amalgamation of cartoonish violence and genuinely poignant world-building and satire, of art-deco architecture and 50s culture co-existing with demented killer robots and laser guns. It's so varied that it can tell stories of any genre while still not feeling out of place, which we've seen with Dead Money's dark heist aesthetic, Old World Blues' and Mothership Zeta's shlocky sci-fi B-movie schtick and Honest Hearts' take on post-apocalyptic tribe culture (even if I find focusing on tribal stuff in a setting as fun as Fallout's extremely boring).

    I just feel like people don't give enough credit to the UI designers for their part in keeping up the style and themes of the world even when you're slogging through the busywork of managing your items and planning your progression, especially when such a huge amount of work has been poured into it.

    So thanks Interplay, for getting this whole ball rolling with the creation of every iconic thing we associate with the franchise. May you rest in peace.

    Thanks Obsidian, for contributing even more charming art to the perk roster and adding more fun stuff like the Pimp-Boy.

    And thanks to Bethesda, for absolutely perfecting it with the Fallout 4 and other contributions stemming from Fallout 3, like the radio and 3D Pip-Boy models.

    I love all of you.

    (and yes, I'm probably way too obsessed with menu design in games and I'm likely rambling to no one in particular. I'd totally become a UI designer too if I actually had any talent for it.)

    submitted by /u/OknataSkeltro
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout nv missed opportunity

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:27 PM PST

    I wish I could become a ncr ranger. You know, the people on the cover of the game and mascot of title screen. Sure you can wear the armor and fire the sequoia, but never become anything more.

    submitted by /u/infidelinvades
    [link] [comments]

    Giant Irradiated Turtles... but crab instead

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:52 PM PST

    So I was playing fallout 4 doing the quest for the baseball historian and my significant other was watching me play. I started to fire at a mire lurk which had it's back turned and my Gf started shouting "NOO!, STOP, SAVE THE TURTLES" I continue firing to my Gfs dismay until the thing turned round and my Gf nearly fell off the bed. I then explained it was infact a giant crustacean to which I got the reply "kill it now,QUICK" Still laughing at this now.

    submitted by /u/ThreateningGlance
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 for the first time.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:49 AM PST

    I am starting FO3 for the first time and I want to know if there are any mods that people think are necessary, like you wouldn't play without them. Or should I just appreciate it for what it is and play it vanilla?

    submitted by /u/DaSwede_97
    [link] [comments]

    I have a new outlook on Fallout 76

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 11:23 AM PST

    When FO76 first came out i played until rank 14 and grew to hate the game due to the bugs and the countless high level creatures around because of the online feature making it impossible to do some quests. Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago when I got a second Xbox One and decided to give it one more shot. My girlfriend and I both created new characters and began venturing into Appalachia together. This added an entirely new aspect to the fallout world that I thought was a terrible addition. We have played almost every day since then and I am having so much fun doing it. We still run into the same problems of certain areas having high level creatures but having a teammate has really helped find a way to take on these things with a different approach. For example retrieving the historic sword for the Forging a legend quest was a challenge with level 60. Charred ghouls directly where we needed to be. But with some teamwork I distracted the ghouls long enough for my girlfriend to sneak in and open up the case and we were able to both grab the sword. It also feels really badass when the two of us sit on a ledge with snipers and absolutely decimate the high level creatures i never expected to be able to kill. Long story short, having a teammate has made this game so much more enjoyable for me and I just thought I'd share my experience on here. Glad to be back in the wasteland.

    submitted by /u/LordZooty
    [link] [comments]

    GURPS: Fallout Campaign Setting Ideas?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:10 PM PST

    I've been wanting to do a GURPS: Fallout play through with friends for quite sometime. It would be my first time DMing and I'm still learning how everything works at the moment. But one thing I've been thinking about is where I want it to take place. The book already has the NCR as the main play area, but I feel like we have seen a lot of that (especially me who has just completed their 5th run of New Vegas with Tale of Two Wastelands) and would like to branch out to a place we haven't seen before. It would allow me to be creative and make some new places (while still going with the lore of course) and cool NPCs. However it's relatively hard to choose for me. I was thinking about New York but realized that the city was prob fucked up more than any other during the Great War, so that's kinda out of the picture. I'm still thinking currently but I'd love to hear your thoughts and maybe give me a few ideas.

    submitted by /u/Sans-Ducktails
    [link] [comments]

    Forbidden Knowledge Quest: How to Proceed?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:17 PM PST

    So i've sided with the Institute and completed the main questline, but haven't done any of the Far Harbor questline besides first arriving there. I want to do the Forbidden Knowledge quest and bring the Acadian synths back under Institute control, but I can't get the quest to proceed.

    I went to acadia and spoke with Dima, got the option to inform the institute, and told the Moseley guy everything i knew through the dialogue options, but he just said some generic stuff about 'more information'. The quest has completely disappeared from my Pip Boy and i'm unsure how to proceed. Do I have to go through the Far Harbor quest line first? Im not interested in doing it and just want to do the Institute attack on Acadia ASAP.

    submitted by /u/ainsley708
    [link] [comments]

    (Fallout4 GOTY) missing tab in build mode

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:34 PM PST

    I recently installed all the dlcs onto my game and the entire furniture tab in the building menu disappeared. I'm not a noob at the game and I know it's not the mods I have installed. The missing items in question are the beds. Google has been telling me to uninstall and reinstall all my mods, been there done that, didn't work. If anyone knows how to fix this issue without having me restart the entire game, help would be highly appreciated

    submitted by /u/SgtBakoz
    [link] [comments]

    Egret Flotilla (Egret Tours Marina Build)

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:55 PM PST

    Restarting Fallout 4

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:12 PM PST

    Since it will be my third time, with 14 days in game, I'm going for survival mode, would anybody have any advice on this mode ? And do I take the guy or the girl this is important a lot

    submitted by /u/Monseigneur_Beee
    [link] [comments]

    What Fallout weapons would you like to see come back?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:34 PM PST

    Say like in a hypothetical future Fallout game, what weapon from past Fallout games would you like to see make a return?

    submitted by /u/wasteland_wanderer27
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment