• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 15, 2019

    Fallout | Is there any good reason creatures stay away from the roads in New Vegas?

    Fallout | Is there any good reason creatures stay away from the roads in New Vegas?


    Is there any good reason creatures stay away from the roads in New Vegas?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 06:46 AM PST

    In real life, animals have an incentive to learn to stay clear of roads because they're used by cars, which can get animals killed. But even then animals do sometimes cross roads.

    But in the Mojave its been over two hundred years since a car has driven on a road, longer than there had ever been cars on roads. Animals would have surely long ago unlearned any aversion to roads especially since it was relatively recent programming.

    Only thing I can think of is if the roads are well traveled and most humans are armed, that makes the roads still dangerous and animals would then come to understand that the roads are human territory.

    Though it doesn't explain why Super Mutants, Deathclaws and Cazadors would stay away. Most human groups aren't strong enough to take them on.

    submitted by /u/Smooth_Complaint
    [link] [comments]

    How would a fallout game in Alaska do?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 12:31 PM PST

    Imagine a fallout game in the ruins of Anchorage Alaska. Since the tech boom happened in Fallout the city could be a little bigger than it is now. But since there are less buildings, the city could be significantly fleshed out with nearly every single building having an indoor environment.

    It is a large enough city to justify buildings that are 10-20 stores high. And it is small enough to have a storyline where your character is able to unify the entire town under one banner.

    And with the building interface in the game, you could turn anchorage into the first full city settlement in the world.

    Not to mention you could also justify in the story that the radiation in Anchorage was significantly less than that of DC, Las Vegas or other large cities. But you could still have the high radiation zone be inside a military base in the mountains.

    The story would be cool because Alaska was the first place the war between America and the communists took place.

    It would make fallout a little bit smaller scale, allowing for more micro storytelling.

    There could be raider camps in the mountains. Mutant encampments in the forests. There could even be minimal amounts of semi normal life, like some small patches of trees slightly affected by radiation.

    What do y'all think?

    [Edit] I think it would be interesting for your character to meet a traveling group of people like in Fallout 4, but have them be part of a much larger group. Perhaps two sides of people are fighting for Anchorage, with two different kinds of leaders vying for power.

    Stumbling into a huge civil war battle between the two would be awesome. Kind of like Skyrim, where you can choose which faction to align with.

    Additionally, I think it would be dope to have more involvement from the Vault. The vault could be located on top of a mountain. You can either choose to help the vault keep themselves safe, or you can choose to fully align with one of the two sides and reveal where the vault entrance is. At that point you could choose to lead an attack on the vault and become the leader within the vault.

    There's just a ton of new opportunities if we get outside of the mainland US. We could even explore the impacts of the war on Canada and other nations. Maybe even having those from Canada visit.

    Even the Inuit tribes could be there, maybe taking shelter inside of an abandoned military post.

    submitted by /u/VeganSausageChoker
    [link] [comments]

    Any guide on fallout:nv roleplay type game?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 09:59 PM PST

    I really want to play fallout new vegas in a especific roleplay as people say its good and fun but i have no idea how to, is there any guide out there to help? Or even a mod that has pre-sets?

    submitted by /u/orangeboi33
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76: MY One Year Later Experience

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 12:19 AM PST

    I don't know what came upon me, but two days ago now I though it would be an interesting idea to replay Fallout 76. I don't know why, or how, I just did.

    Fast forward to now I could classify myself addicted, which is strange, seeing that I've already beaten the game, and did everything there was to offer. I haven't done that new of stuff, but it feels like a new, and exciting experience. I would be lying to say I wasn't enjoying it.

    Especially Nuclear Winter.

    Why did I make this post - I don't know.?

    submitted by /u/dillon_tymchuk
    [link] [comments]

    FO4 I just got attacked by a super mutant raiding party at Summerville place.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 10:47 PM PST

    And it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary except, all 8 mutants, every single one was a super mutant warlord. I'm lvl 69 at the moment and I'm just wondering if that's normal. It's never happened before and I do a LOT of the radiat quests so I feel like I would have seen a gradual difficulty increase, but no, one minute fairly easy, just had to worry about explosions from the occasional rocket launcher, and then BAM, 8warlords. Is lvl 69 a threshold or something?

    submitted by /u/JJamesMorley
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be better to enter a Fallout DLC with barely anything on your back?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 08:30 PM PST

    I was wondering, would entering a DLC in Fallout be a more enjoyable experience if you barely have anything to fend yourself with. I wanted to ask first than to try it out because I'm a little timid.

    submitted by /u/SamIAm1491
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 XP Exploits, Patched Or Not? [PS4]

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 09:12 PM PST

    Does the Automatron DLC XP exploit still work where you keep spamming the assaultron torso mod while your companion's inventory is open at the same time?

    Same goes for the Brotherhood quest where you snipe the scribe on the ground from the Prywden?

    submitted by /u/xLick_It
    [link] [comments]

    Does Demolition Expert effect the Cryolator?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 05:19 PM PST

    I've heard that Demotion Expert effects the Cryolator but I wanted to check here to see if it's true.

    Also, does the crystallizing barrel get rid of the Cryolator's ability to freeze people?? Actually, it probably does because it's shooting pellets instead of spraying ice so yeah. But does it at least slow them down?

    submitted by /u/PutridFoe65
    [link] [comments]

    I love fallout 76

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 04:10 AM PST

    But I still thinking I'm waiting more than I should for wastelanders, anyway is going to be better so I don't care.

    Been playing since release and I don't get bored of playing.

    That's what I wanted to say, my opinion, that's all.

    submitted by /u/Weezunder
    [link] [comments]

    So my colonial duster had 410 damage resistance

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 08:37 PM PST

    I dont know how it happened it may have something to do with my power armor damage somehow mixing with my colonial duster but im not complaining.

    submitted by /u/King_Yeeter
    [link] [comments]

    Canon S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Stats For Each Player Character

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 02:10 PM PST

    Even though Fallout is a role-playing game where you choose what your character is like, there could be some canonical S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats for each character we play. So here are my thoughts on it and why. I based it off the 40 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. point system. THERE ARE SPOILERS FOR FALLOUT 1.

    Vault Dweller (Fallout 1) Given that the VD was chosen to be the only one to save the vault they had to be well-liked so their Charisma is bound to be a bit higher than average along with Endurance and Agility. On top of that, they had access to Pre-War education so their Intelligence is probably higher too. Luck is low because of their banishment after saving their Vault (and probably the whole world). The VD is typically depicted using small arms so their Strength wasn't too low or high however their Perception is most likely above average too.
    S-5
    P-6
    E-6
    C-7
    I-7
    A-6
    L-3

    The Chosen One (Fallout 2) The CO's tribe is insanely primitive and there are no long-range weapons outside of spear throwing. Therefore we can assume the CO was very a very strong, nimble, and durable figure in Arroyo. There is little access to education outside of basic survival techniques. Almost everyone in Arroyo liked the CO except their own aunt so their Charisma is probably average. Perception is lower due to the fact that Healing Powder was the main source of healing and long term use probably has some negative effects.
    S-8
    P-4
    E-7
    C-5
    I-3
    A-7
    L-6

    Lone Wanderer (Fallout 3) Being raised in a Vault and by an intelligent father, the LW is bound to have a higher Intelligence. On top of that, the LW's father gave them a BB-Gun for their tenth birthday so they have experience with small guns which boosts Perception. LW is well-liked around the Vault, this is seen in the turnout and interactions at their birthday party. Outside of this, the LW's other stats are bound to be close to average.
    S-5
    P-7
    E-5
    C-6
    I-7
    A-5
    L-5

    Courier (Fallout: New Vegas) Courier survived a gunshot to the face at point-blank range. Luck 10. Couriers are also bound to be fast to trek across the wastelands and they have to be on the lookout for raiders and abominations so their Agility and Perception are bound to be a bit high. Also, Couriers handled smaller more specialized deliveries so their Strength stat is very low. Constant exposure to harsh environments also would make the Courier's Endurance above average. Outside of basic survival, I can't imagine the Courier having that much of an education.
    S-3
    P-6
    E-6
    C-5
    I-4
    A-6
    L-10

    Sole Survivor (Fallout 4) They got into a Vault and survived exposure to a nuclear blast but also was forced to watch their significant other die while their child is taken so above average Luck. They had a Pre-War education and training in the military so their Strength, Perception, Intelligence, and Endurance are pretty good. Agility has probably fallen off in their years outside of the military but not much.
    S-6
    P-6
    E-6
    C-4
    I-6
    A-4
    L-8

    submitted by /u/TinWalaBuster
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout game set in China. Lmk what u think

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 03:52 AM PST

    Itd be cool af if thered be a game set in China, maybe a few years after the bombs dropped. Itd follow a unit of US military left over there when the bombs fell and the main story would be them trying to get home. They could meet the Enclave and do stuff with them to hurt what's left of china. Or work with chinese sympathizers, do kinda the same thing to get the Enclave out of china. or lone wolf it home; stealing a sub or something. But idk what other factions could be included, maybe BOS. Or new ones.

    I'd love to run around seeing the environments, fighting chinese raiders, different bigger and badder commie bots, (those annoying blue 1s you fight in 76) or yao guai tigers (ok yao guai tigers sound scary af). I'm not to versed on chinese flora and fauna but ik its loads different then America's.

    I love the fallout games but constant deserts like NV or Fallout 1or the sprawling distopian wastelands of the commonwealth or DC are getting old. The series needs a real big breathe of fresh air, especially after 76. Seeing Chinas side of the great war would be crazy, how different their propaganda would be or their weapons/armor; hell maybe they have chinese Vaults and Vault-Tec was working with both sides to employ their schemes. But if it's not China plz do something about the sea of tranquility on the moon, or something besides the NCR/Brotherhood/Enclave. We've seen enough power armor and dirt farmers.

    submitted by /u/Wr1tenInBlood
    [link] [comments]

    I’m onto of a tower called cutter 32 and there i a a power armor I can’t access what do i do

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 03:33 AM PST

    NPCs wont move after leaving vault 111. Fallout 4.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 03:28 AM PST

    I started a new game recently and went through the introduction and vault 111 just fine, however, when I make it to sanctuary, codsworth is stuck in place. I can still speak to codsworth and complete the mission just fine, so I thought nothing of it as I don't really like to use codsworth as my companion anyway. I progress to the truck stop to pick up dogmeat and crab the caps stash, but I get there and he is stuck in place as well. I activated the molerat attack, and, like codsworth and dogmeat, they dont move. Dogmeat doesn't even attack them, they're all just stuck in place. I tried everything from starting a new game to injuring codsworth and I even walked around sanctuary and did a few things as one video suggested, but no luck. Has anyone come across this before? Is there a fix? I really love this game and would hate to have to stop playing because of some stupid bug. Please help

    submitted by /u/Papa_Stalin_1917
    [link] [comments]

    Bottlecap Ammo Glitch in Fallout 4

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 02:32 AM PST

    Hey, just wondering if the glitch with ammo that gets you thousands of caps quickly is still in the game? If so how does it work again because I cannot find any articles or videos online

    submitted by /u/HugeAnimeTiddys
    [link] [comments]

    Check out trailer for Fallout 3 Metamorphosis

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 07:16 AM PST

    Do you guys have this man in your game?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 01:54 PM PST

    So I was starting a new run of Fallout 4 today and was just starting when I noticed when I ran next to the gate, there was this man dressed in black.

    Obviously he isn't normal but I was wondering if he was due to a mod or was put there to spook people (like me).

    Take a Look:

    https://imgur.com/gallery/tP23nHi

    submitted by /u/ImpressiveProcedure
    [link] [comments]

    What is this weird sound that keeps happening?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 10:40 AM PST

    I'm playing Fallout 4, and since the new patch update this weird ass sound keeps happening. It's like when you level up, the vault boy illustration shows up on the screen except now he's making a goofy face and does a freaky "EUUUHHHHH!!" sound. It's like, a taunt or a jeer.

    I also installed all of the DLC around the time that the update happened, and this thing started happening when I was in the Vault DLC.

    It's not a big deal, I am just really confused and it's jarring as fuck.

    Can anyone explain???

    submitted by /u/Lexualromance
    [link] [comments]

    Missing item (gasmask)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 12:35 AM PST

    Fo4, new game, level 58 and just noticed I've not found or seen a single gasmask throughout the playthrough? Has the latest patch removed them?

    submitted by /u/Tipiyurtdweller
    [link] [comments]

    Why are securitrons only in new vegas?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 07:41 AM PST

    They seem like very productive robots, so why were they only distributed in Nevada? I would choose a securitron over a protectron any day.

    submitted by /u/_Dog_Food_
    [link] [comments]

    What faction is the most moral and most useful?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 11:00 AM PST

    Just a random thought but out of ALL the factions in fallout (NCR,BOS,RR,MM,etc) which one seems to be the most moral ethically or can do the most good?

    submitted by /u/thermalgh0st
    [link] [comments]

    How to craft antibiotics in FO4 horizon? I also can't find pharmaceuticals for Trauma Kits.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 11:26 PM PST

    Does anyone have suggestions for which weapons I should use as a DMR and a battle rifle?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 06:47 PM PST

    Both rifles will have similar roles, except the DMR will have a medium scope and will be used at longer range while the battle rifle will have iron sights. The three weapon options are the handmade rifle, the service rifle (7.62 lower receiver), and the combat rifle (.308 receiver). I want to use the combat rifle and one of the 7.62 rifles, but I don't know which of the latter I should use and which role the combat rifle should fill.

    submitted by /u/8Bit-Armory
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas: Ultimate Edition for PS3

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 10:17 PM PST

    Has anyone recently played the ultimate edition on the PS3 lately? I really want to give this game a try but I keep reading a lot about how there's a lot of bugs and glitches within the game. Should I just go for it and buy the ultimate edition and give it a shot? Apologies if this question has come up a lot.

    submitted by /u/Gretzky879
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment