• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 10, 2019

    Fallout 3 | Guys please help

    Fallout 3 | Guys please help


    Guys please help

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 06:27 PM PST

    Fallout - StrawPoll

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 11:43 PM PST

    I can't stop hating this game(s)

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 08:36 AM PST

    I replayed FO1 and Tactics so many times I lost count. Not sure why some prefer FO2 when it's just a "mission disc" for 1 but finished that too. Played Arcanum, P:Torment and tons of oldschool isometric RPGs.

    But with FO3 and NV I just can't find the love. What is this game? An FPS? No, I've played good shooters (most of the -Shock games) and they are far better at fast-paced, exciting action. RPG? No, because character building and story actually take up a tiny % of your play time...

    I'd describe this as a "walking simulator". It seems that most of my fun consists of roaming over the map, looking for new places, OR trying to locate NPCs, OR checking every corner for weapons and shit t sell.

    But where oh where is the fun f-king part of the game?

    Inventory mgmt is a tragedy. Somehow old FO could accomplish on ONE screen what you now fail on 3x5x5. I was looking for a Skill Book in my inventory, digging up Items > Misc., couldn't find it, and THEN I had to check my map location so 2 more clicks, and another 2 to make it back...Why?

    I can't help thinking of the NPCs as zombies. They try to move through walls, they move around so you can never find them, and they even switch locations base don finished quests... Ppl same to hate on FO4 but F*CK, at least those felt a BIT like humans and not piles of polygon. The very basic conversation trees are nothing to write home about either.

    (My first experience in Goodsprings, New Vegas: a patron's lower body stuck inside the table. I talk to Sunny, do her quests, then she disappears somewhere. I have to use movetoqt cheat to find her. She wants Xander Root now, but despite what the net says there's none at the schoolhouse...nice pile of bugs on your first fkin quest of the game.)

    I feel like playing old FO I never had an issue knowing what to do next and quests, levels, found items followed in a natural progression I barely even noticed. Here, most of the time I'm standing on the map with no idea what I'm supposed to do. Checking the quest menu, talking to everyone, killing critters for exp, looting everything seems to do nothing to kick story or lvl progression onwards.

    Is there any way you can approach this game to actually have fun? As an FPS, it sucks. For an RPG it is too hard to figure out what to do and too much walking and grinding and item management for teeny weeny story reward. Guys who rave about it, what can you recommend to me?

    submitted by /u/Vree65
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment