• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 9, 2019

    Fallout | What is happening with Bethesda?

    Fallout | What is happening with Bethesda?


    What is happening with Bethesda?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 12:24 PM PST

    Jokes and rants aside, I'm just really concerned about their actual state. Maybe the community has some insights from the studio or some analytics? I just can't understand why they are changed so much, it looks like some crisis inside the company.

    ZeniMax is not even open company so they don't need to follow shareholders wishes.

    submitted by /u/Gepi
    [link] [comments]

    Going back to Skyrim after a Fallout: New Vegas marathon is incredibly eye opening.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 01:47 PM PST

    I never really got the flak Skyrim got. I understood it had some flaws and to me they sounded deeply exaggerated, but I'm finally starting to get it. There are no skill checks, there's barely any new things around every corner (or rock), selection feels very limited, lore-related dialogue seems awfully thin and you have like 2 dialogue options at most (both being the same).

    It weird how FNV had you play through roughly 40% of the main quest before even reaching the town the game is titled after. To me, it seems like Bethesda loves giving you, the player, a dopamine hit and then nothing more. Skyrim just feels very unrewarding, not only in the sense of the items you get but also the narrative conclusion to quests. I'll remember purposefully blowing up the Ghouls in the rocket ship at REPCONN and having it haunt me in the ending slide of the game 50 hours of game time later. Or how the Followers of the Apocalypse actually suffered from an independent Vegas when I thought that it was both the best for them and what they had wanted. In Skyrim, I can just remember variations of "Thanks, Dragonborn!" Ironically enough, it just makes the game feel empty when that's the conclusion to almost everything.

    It's also odd how the Mojave Wasteland, a literal wasteland, still felt extremely militarized and alive despite that the factions, lore-wise, are just holding their outposts and doing some scouting. Yet in Skyrim, where there's an alleged civil war going on, it felt forgotten after the first and only time it was mentioned. New Vegas also gave me an identity crisis over which faction to choose and from decisions I made that haunted me for the rest of my playthrough, especially at the ending slide. It's a game where it's both POSSIBLE and OKAY to fuck up, even deliberately. But in Skyrim, you're just the center of the universe from the moment your character starts breathing on the wagon.

    Every Skyrim playthrough just feels the same-y... still like it though. God I didn't want to start another OBSIDIAN GOOD BETHESDA BAD post but here I am.

    submitted by /u/RosaritaCisneros
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout: New Vegas for PC - complete lockdown of computer (can't even use task manager)

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 10:52 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/S4oAaFt

    someone help me.. it's been like this for the past hour.

    submitted by /u/AusBongs
    [link] [comments]

    Monster Idea: The Miremaid

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 07:05 PM PST

    The Miremaid would be a mermaid esque character. It would look like your average mermaid but with black eyes and mandibles like a Mirelurk. It would have shell-like plating on its breasts. It could have some sort of singing ability that turns friendly or neutral npcs against the player until the Miremaid is killed(Not companions tho). Do you think this would fit with the fallout universe?

    submitted by /u/UnconventionalOven
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion/Question] What is your favorite Fallout Shelter pickup line?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 01:50 PM PST

    Mine would probably be: "Come here often? I mean, we're all trapped down here, so I assume yes, but still..."

    submitted by /u/TheEdgeOfDawn
    [link] [comments]

    Depending on the canon ending of Honest Hearts, Joshue Graham is possibly Mormon Caesar now.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 05:55 PM PST

    If u wipe out the White Legs, he mirrors how the Legion was formed. Caesar teaches tribals how to do war and wins. Caesar assimilates new tribes into the Legion and it forms into a super power. Joshua hates Caesar, and if you wipe out the White-Legs it states that they treat you and Joshua as heroes, though another npc is disappointed at the direction its heading. This can lead to them growing into a similar faction to the Legion. Instead of Mars we have God. Instead of Rome, we have whatever the hell Joshua wants possibly Crusaders.

    submitted by /u/Jetstream_Lee
    [link] [comments]

    So i went to hidden valley, and killed some members of the Brotherhood of steel and when i attempted to wear their armor, it told me i need power armor training, how do i get that?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 09:53 PM PST

    Why i killed them? Just for sh*ts and giggles, i just reloaded it after

    submitted by /u/SirRoderic
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody got any tips on doing Lonesome Road from the get-go?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 03:33 AM PST

    Doing my completionist run, gonna display my sweet gear in whatever modded home with display racks I can find. Decided I wanted to get the gear from the Long 15 and Dry Wells ASAP, without being aggro to the NCR the entire game because they're not all bad even if I'm not a massive fan of them (hit up the Strip for my pardon as soon as I'm done), and Boone and Cass are must-allies. Plus getting Ulysses as a companion thanks to one mod. Gonna go through the Goodsprings shit and then visit the Divide so I can hopefully hit 100 speech before the end of LR. Normal difficulty.

    Who's done this before? Any tips? How badly will I get massacred?

    submitted by /u/Gigadweeb
    [link] [comments]

    Love letter to this community

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 02:24 PM PST

    Fallout has been my go-to game franchise whenever I feel like spending countless hours roleplaying, escaping reality or just having fun. I've spent more hours altogether between Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 4 and even Fallout 76 than I care to admit.

    Back in 2010 when New Vegas released I remember still playing Fallout 3 and being excited about the new content to the franchise and coming hours I would sink patrolling Mojave. I remember starting the game first time with my Xbox 360 but as luck would have it I faced bugs and game crashes so huge that they would eventually kill my desire to play the game altogether. I still had enough motivation to suffer through the constant misfortunes and finish the main quest-line so I'd at least be able to say that I've finished the game.

    In the last few years I've tried to give New Vegas more opportunities numerous times with all the patches and unofficial bug fixes that have been released but my bad luck regarding this particular game seemed to be decided by some divine powers.

    Since having way too much free time for a guy my age I've already played through Outer Worlds two weeks after launch and it ignited my desire for something new. Because I'm way too familiar with all of the other titles in this franchise I decided to finally get New Vegas to work decently enough and give the game a proper chance to show why it is so highly praised and given birth to one of the most annoying and passionate fanbases I know. In my most recent playthrough of Fallout 3 in Windows 10 I think I had more problems to get the game running than any other game I've played so far but eventually I got it to play decently enough for me to enjoy it. I thought if I could do it for Fallout 3 there's no way in hell I wouldn't get New Vegas to run as well.

    After some trial and error and researching other peoples problems and fixes from all over the internet and especially Reddit I finally got the game to run in a way I'm happy to sink hours into it. I am sincerely thankful for every modder and person in this or any other subreddit that have spent time trying to solve problems other people are facing.

    P.S. I never got to experience the DLCs for New Vegas and recently asked people in here in which order to play them and thank you for everyone that gave their opinions on the matter. As I suspected and after playing New Vegas for a while I've realized that there is so much that I have missed back in 2010 by just playing through the main quest line. I reckon I'll be patrolling the Mojave for a while before leaving for new areas.

    TL;DR – Thank you for every modder and redditor for helping others

    submitted by /u/Mougga
    [link] [comments]

    Another Fallout game that follows the Vault Dweller and the Chosen Ones line down further?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 04:20 PM PST

    Before we begin I just beat both Fallout and Fallout 2. Great games and love the story and lore behind them. Would recommend to anyone who loves Fallout stories, such as New Vegas, side missions, terminal entries and holotapes. Now I know the orginal developers made New Vegas and it has been years since I've played it but I would love to see the story that began in the first fallout and the story in Fallout 3 and 4 come together(maybe). I know they take place on completely different sides of the United States but I would be neat to just see the original stories of Fallout and Fallout 2 be further progressed as well through New Vegas. I know Bethesda has their own story but they did allow New Vegas to happen. So is it possible that the original developers come back and make another fantastic Fallout game? With the recent controversy surrounding Fallout76 it may seem like the smartest thing for Bethesda to do?

    submitted by /u/HBseekr
    [link] [comments]

    Any chance we see Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas remastered for PS5/Next XBOX?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 04:00 AM PST

    I want it (especially New Vegas), most of you want it. It makes perfect sense, assuming that Starfield and ES:6 are multiple years away, and a remaster of those two games would be easier than making a new game, and you got to think that Bethesda wants to cash in on holiday 2020 considering that most new console launches don't have a ton of games to play. Just look at PS4/XBONE launch for example.

    I get that New Vegas is essentially the bastard of the Fallout series, since it wasn't made by Bethesda studios, and is widely considered the best Fallout game ever made. But money is money, and you best believe New Vegas would be a top seller.

    submitted by /u/hunterc1310
    [link] [comments]

    I have a lot of trouble with starting and loading screens in fallout 4.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 03:54 AM PST

    So I wanted to play some fallout 4 today. First off, the bethesda logo wasn't the first thing to appear when starting. It was a black screen. It lasted for 2 minutes. Then finnaly I came to the main menu. I clicked play. Then all the options dissapeared, but it took another minute for me to get into a loading screen. I was in a miniscule cell, which shouldn't take long at all to load, but the loading screen took 4 minutes. I timed it. How do I fix all of these issues? Should I just wait?

    submitted by /u/IchBinDieWalross
    [link] [comments]

    Why is west coast more civilized than east in fallout lore

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:48 AM PST

    Any idea why the west coast is more advanded and developed civilization than the east coast ? I mean, NCR have huge population, currency, regular army, laws and taxes, working vehicles and factories while on the east coast, people are still living in rusty carrier or baseball stadium without any plans for future.

    submitted by /u/Vorihs14
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 error [CE-33878-0]

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 03:14 AM PST

    I've been playing fallout for a while now but I keep getting an error code come up. I've changed from disc to a downloadable game but I keep getting the same error. I've even started a new save but it still happens.

    Does anyone know how to solve this?

    submitted by /u/monkeyman1352
    [link] [comments]

    We made a Fallout Shelter Live Action!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 05:58 AM PST

    Hey guys!

    I uploaded this last week but seeing all the negativity going on with Bethesda, thought someone could do with a laugh.

    We uploaded a Fallout 76 last year and you guys loved it so here is one for Fallout Shelter.

    Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpvWgtjjKA8

    Hope you all enjoy! :)

    submitted by /u/matbland
    [link] [comments]

    Can't play Fallout 4 offline on Xbox One?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 07:20 PM PST

    My Xbox is set as my home Xbox, but my internet is down currently and I can't play Fallout 4 offline. It's telling me to sign in or renew my subscription, but all of my other games are working. Is there a workaround for this?

    submitted by /u/N7Guts
    [link] [comments]

    how do you guys compare the current state of the ncr to america at any point in history?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 05:42 PM PST

    I'm doing the "for the republic part 2" quest and I joined the brotherhood and elder McNamara is no longer in power, how do i get them to sign a truce with the NCR?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 02:15 AM PST

    I can't kill them, they are tough, they have turrets, and they are alot of them

    submitted by /u/SirRoderic
    [link] [comments]

    Where would you like to see Fallout 5 take place?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 06:36 AM PST

    I believe Fallout 5 will happen (some thought 4 wouldn't), and contrary to some fans here, I'm excited for the next installment. Where do you think they'll put us? Personally I'd like to see either Colorado or North Dakota. Hell, Seattle would be a really cool location.

    Edit: please take all Bethesda related complaints to a thread that actually wants them. Mine sure doesn't, as this is meant to be a fun sub.

    submitted by /u/StarShot77
    [link] [comments]

    Since fallout 3 hinted fo4 and fo76 what places could be being hinted by fo4 and 76

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 12:22 PM PST

    I'm trying to get an idea of where we could see the next game

    submitted by /u/Hunterthergrandmelon
    [link] [comments]

    What build should I do?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 07:18 PM PST

    I'm playing fallout new Vegas and I got bored after a little while so I want to start again but as a different build. The build I'm having right now is and sneaky cowboy guy. I can't choose between three builds so can someone tell me which one to do. -unarmed -sneaky melee/melee -sniper I usually play unarmed in Skyrim and also use the anti material rifle in my current build if that helps.

    submitted by /u/CoolCatstk123
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout Fast Food?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 01:45 PM PST

    Anyone else find it kinda weird that there arent any McDonald's or other fast food chains with a Fallout counterpart? Like Coca Cola and Nuka are rathrr blatant parallels, so im confused why weve only seen stuff like Slocum Joe's and Rita's Cafe.

    Thoughts or answers for me?

    submitted by /u/Chaiebel
    [link] [comments]

    [New Vegas] Anybody else who just drops/sell all the extra starting gear you are given?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 03:36 PM PST

    I used to to keep it all on my first runs but after about 5th (on my 13th run now) I keep find it more rewarding not to just have so many items at the start, even if they don't last long. I love the feeling of just getting a better gun of a kill/Stealing it from some NPC.

    I know i can disable the DLC but I kinda like having the choice to say "Nah Fuck That" and go my own way.

    submitted by /u/Houmann47
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment