• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 15, 2019

    Fallout | A premise for a Fallout game

    Fallout | A premise for a Fallout game


    A premise for a Fallout game

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:37 PM PDT

    You are one of several astronauts in orbit during the nuclear war. Just a few short years have passed and the station cant support life anymore so you and a couple others (npc's) have to return to earth in single landing pods then regroup to stage a rescue mission to get the rest off the station. This would have you landing very early in the timeline. Power armor will become much more essential than in other titles. Less feral ghouls exist because the change hasn't progressed. More grotesque and unrefined mutated creatures exist. Human survivors are more rare. Side quests may include support for Vaults full of 1st gen survivors. Enclave is already in action. Fun stuff all around in a much more hostile and fresh wasteland.

    submitted by /u/newbrevity
    [link] [comments]

    Just Bought Fallout New Vegas

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    Hi there! My copy of Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition just came in today and I'm looking for a little advice before I start out. I have only ever played F4 before and I want to start getting into the older games. Is there anything I should know/do before I boot the game up? Anything that could make my gaming experience better?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Boboy12321
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else got overwhelmed by the amount of quests while playing New Vegas for the first time?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:31 AM PDT

    In addition to the DLC quests when you first exit Doc Mitchell's house, I remember just following the They Went That-A-Way quest in New Vegas at first..

    While casually strolling across the Mojave and talking to a bunch of people triggering one quest to another and suddenly my Pip boy is filled with so many side quests I didn't know which quest to finish first..

    I thought it was just going to be another linear adventure with the illusion of urgency like finding your Dad or Son but oh boy I had no idea that I was in for a wild ride...

    submitted by /u/Dotaspasm
    [link] [comments]

    What are your thoughts on Lonesome Road?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 08:41 AM PDT

    I think this DLC pretty unique — thematically and gameplay-wise. You don't encounter any neutral NPCs except for Ulysses, and that alone gives Lonesome Road a special mood. The story is incredibly mature and deals with philosophical problems like historical consciousness (conversation with Ulysses about the Old World) and lust for power; final confrontation is the perfect symbol for the clash of opposing ideas. Lonesome Road does some of those things even better than most Fallout games in my opinion, maybe because it's so condensed and short, and because how well Ulysses is written. Not saying, however, that it's the best DLC overall, if you include the gameplay.

    I can't really compare it to other DLCs or games — there's just something about it that defies categorization. I'd very much like to hear your opinions on the DLC.

    Edit: thanks guys, tons of opposing opinions on the topic, love it. That's why I like Reddit.

    submitted by /u/beraltoflibya
    [link] [comments]

    Gunners in vertibird... wtf

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 12:59 PM PDT

    I was clearing out university point when I heard what I thought was the sweet sound of the BoS coming to fuck the synths up. Turns out it was a bunch of gunners in a vertibird coming to make it more interesting. I love these random wacky things but I'm just wondering if there's some lore wise reason why they would have a vertibird or have they just stolen it from a brotherhood patrol?

    submitted by /u/geralt-of-manchester
    [link] [comments]

    Just killed 3 legendary enemies in a span of 30 minutes in NV. Im proud considering that I used to run away from a single cazador

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 11:20 AM PDT

    Legendary Bloatfly, Cazador and Deathclaw. It was worth losing my sanity over

    submitted by /u/Son_of_Sithis
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone kill me in FO76 so i can stop having that darn bounty on my head?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:54 AM PDT

    So i picklocked a guy's house to see what happens and i got a bounty now...

    submitted by /u/CallMePlez
    [link] [comments]

    Floating at the Sierra Madre

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 06:44 PM PDT

    Not very important and it may just be in my game, but at the top of the stairs in the abandoned BoS bunker you hover.

    submitted by /u/Mister_Fun
    [link] [comments]

    New Fallout game idea

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:15 PM PDT

    So this game would take place after the 2nd Battle of Hoover Dam in 2283 and the way I see it would have two different maps (I'll explain in a second) or one HUGE map. When you open the game during the intro sequence you have a choice. Due to the mass amounts of factions you can side with in New Vegas you are given the choice at the beginning to choose for a second time essentially for New Vegas's ending. Choice 1 is that the NCR won the battle of Hoover Dam. Along with that if chosen you will be given the choices of the "side factions" like did you go along the diplomacy path with the Brotherhood ,did you ally with the Boomers (Why wouldn't you), did you ally with the Great Khans, Did you bring the Enclave Remnants into it, etc.

    This choice will also as I mentioned earlier have a choice of map. The map will take place in Caesar's Legion territory. The story with that would be that after the Battle of Hoover Dam Caesar's Legion was extremely weakened with a large chunk of it's army decimated by the NCR and The Courier. And another choice that matters that you could make is if you killed Legate Lanius. This will decide the end boss. If you choose to not kill Lanius you would meet him at the end if you choose to kill Lanius you will meet with his successor instead.

    The game (if following choices are made) takes place while the NCR is digging into the Legion and wiping out the rest of Legion forces. Here you will meet more factions. You will meet a splinter faction coming from Caesar's Legion whose goal is to rebuild everything Caesar made they are made up of a majority of The Legions special forces (I forget what they're called) then there's the normal Legion. Another new faction you'll encounter is a group of former slaves that took advantage of the Legions weaker state and rebelled and succeed. They took up arms and have been fighting against the Legion since.

    The choice of side factions also decides the NCR's strength. If the Boomers are chosen the NCR gets artillery units and some air support in the shape of the bomber you get the Boomers. Siding with the Khans comes with the benefits of some extra troops and guns, With The Remnants the NCR now learns how to use power armor and Heavy Troops are replaced with actual power armored troops, and having the NCR ally with the Brotherhood comes in the shape of NCR power armor training, advanced weaponry, and Brotherhood soldiers fighting alongside NCR. This is part 1/3 of my idea so give me a while to type out the other two parts and post them so hang in there!

    submitted by /u/Seigeman76
    [link] [comments]

    Any recommendations for laptop's to run fallout?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    Hey everyone!! So I've been wanting to play fallout 3 or 4 ever since I saw my brother play one of them a while back (he said it was "Skyrim with guns" and I thought that was cool).

    It looks quite fun too! But... Rn my laptop can't even run Minecraft so I've been looking into getting a new one (probably used). Any recommendations for laptop's? (Like what specs should I get like "oh you should get a core i5 with 16 gigs of ram" or just "well I use a Dell...?" Would be helpful)

    Thank you! :3 (Sorry if this isn't allowed or is posted alot)

    submitted by /u/OrangetangyOrka
    [link] [comments]

    I'm playing fallout 3 for the first time, which is more interesting good or evil?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 08:00 AM PDT

    Game crashes or gives blue screen on my laptop HELP!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:52 AM PDT

    I run this game on my desktop gtx 1660 ti i7-9700K 16 GB RAM on ultra with very mods and it works perfectly. I had to go into my Nvidia control panel and add an exception for this game to have vsync turned on or else the fps flies up and the game is like in super speed. That being said my laptop with a 1660 ti i7-8750H(or something like that) with 16 GB RAM gave me a blue screen or death so I thought it was because of the vsync not being turned on in my laptop and it was overworking it so I enabled it and loaded the game back up but it just crashed to desktop after about 60 seconds of gameplay. I then turned settings down to high from ultra and it hasn't crashed YET

    Is there a solution so I can still play at ultra as the game runs perfectly on ultra fps wise but it just keeps crashing? (The area where my laptop gets hot also doesn't really even got hot during the gameplay either so it's not overheating)

    submitted by /u/kube_tube
    [link] [comments]

    I want to get all the FNV achievements

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    But I can't bring myself to play as a negative karma courier, or even side with Caesar's Legion. Does anyone else have the same problem?

    submitted by /u/ichigo2862
    [link] [comments]

    So I tried Fallout 76 for the first time this weekend

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:27 AM PDT

    Ok for the record I'm not much of a gamer but I do play games.

    I usually play games on easy or normal mode because I'm there for the narrative. I don't really have the fast-twitch skills needed for most games and basically ignore most online games (except I did have an awesome time playing We Were Here online with my son but it's not a fast paced game at all but thats a different story).

    First off. I couldn't believe it. My local library had Fallout 76! I may as well give it a go and maybe I'd be pleasantly surprised. If I liked it I would buy it. I heard the original sales pitch for this was that even though its online you can still play alone.

    Ok so my first panic moment was when I discovered Fallout 76 basically has no VATS. I should have figured this out before playing but it hadn't occurred to me. Well the version of VATS it has helps me with aim I guess but not the kind of VATS that let my slow eyes and brain do the figuring while game life is basically paused.

    I mentioned earlier that I usualy play for story. Fallout 76 didn't have much here that I found compelling. To say none isn't accurate. I did find some neat notes and whatnot and figured out a few stories but I haven't found it to be compelling enough to come back for. The game looks kind of prettier than Fallout 4 in some respects but then you see really bad looking trees. I'm confused by the graphic aesthetic they were trying to acheive.

    All in I played Fallout 76 for about 6 and a half hours and ran into 2 or 3 other players. I used my "thumbs up" and "wave" abilties to try and interact but by the time I did those moves the players had already run away scavenging for loot so that was my failed attempt at gaming with other gasp humans.

    I know that people worked on Fallout 76. I'm sure those that did are super proud of it and want people to have fun. I guess I'll end my thoughts by saying Fallout 76 just isn't a Fallout game for someone like me. I liked Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 a lot. I really enjoyed the Mass Effect games too.

    Mainly I play story/adventure style games with tons of narrative. I knew Fallout 76 was different. I didn't go in blind but I wanted to try it anyway. Fallout 76 didn't quite check the boxes for me. That makes me kinda sad because I love Fallout. I'm worried that this online gaming thing is going to kill the few games I do enjoy.

    TLDR:

    I'm heading back into the vault

    submitted by /u/TurianHammer
    [link] [comments]

    Where’s Joshua graham in honest hearts?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:42 PM PDT

    So I'm right before the last mission, I told Daniel to let me think about it so I can stock up on ammo and repair my gear before I head out and slaughter the white pricks, but for the life of me I can't find Joshua anywhere in the sorrows camp. Where did he wander off too?

    submitted by /u/Glossyplane542
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 - 60 fps does not feel smooth

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 11:10 PM PDT

    So I've spent hours collectively trying to solve this issue. Essentially what happens is when the fps is capped at or around 60 fps (60-61fps constant on rivatuner, geforce overlay, and steam overlay) the game feels like it's running in 30 fps and moving the camera and strafing does not feel smooth at all. It's actually bad enough to the point where it's unplayable. The only fix for this that I've found to make my game feel smooth is to cap fps anywhere above 80, but considering the shitty engine can't function properly at over 60 it just breaks other aspects of the game for me. This isn't some kind of placebo or personal issue either as I've gone to my old PC with lower quality specs to see for myself and when the game is capped at 60 fps it runs fine and moving the camera feels really fluid and smooth. (Essentially it feels like normal 60 fps).

    Specs: I5-9600k @3.6ghz, 1660ti, ddr4 3600 8x2gb ram, 512gb Intel 660p ssd, 144hz gsync monitor (@120hz currently).

    I would also like to mention a few of the fixes I've tried that didn't make any discernable difference:

    • Considering it ran fine on my old PC, I sent myself the exact same inis, modlist, and settings and the problem persisted.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling
    • Changing Monitor hz around
    • disabling all mods
    • ifpsclamp at 58-61
    • disabling in-game vsync and capping framerate with 3rd party software, load accelerator, and Nvidia control panel
    • godrays set to low/off, and shadow distance to medium.
    submitted by /u/gmetrixx
    [link] [comments]

    Lock your doors tonight fellow Wastelanders, this group of raiders is on a slaving spree

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 02:28 AM PDT

    Meat Hook, where are you. Plans or otherwise

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    I have been searching and searching for either a meat hook to scrap or the plans from a vendor/Graham. Graham, b*tch to find I know, random spawns. Saw him from Morgantown to Watoga getting hit from robots. He didn't have the plans both times. I also heard that Whitesprings News Stand vendor has the plans at times? Don't know how true.

    I can't find Scorched carrying them tho, high lvl or low. Anyone seen alot meat hook/melee carrying scorch anywhere? I want the 3 hooks mod.

    submitted by /u/RyeRyeRyan
    [link] [comments]

    Found an Enclave base in Glowing Sea. Please Help! (Fallout 4)

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:03 PM PDT

    I hacked the terminal and opened the 1st door, but the code on the Terminal doesnt open the vault door? Couldnt find help on google. [Resolved. Forgotten Mod]

    submitted by /u/SpankyMcReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Google Doc of Fallout 4 vanilla builds from French Tomahawk's O.P Series

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 02:15 PM PDT

    I've created a google doc of all of the builds from French Tomahawk's O.P. build series.

    I thought this would help spice up some new playthroughs that are all vanilla compatible and do not require any Creation Club items, although some builds do require either the Far Harbor or Nuka World DLCs.

    In the videos, French does play on Survival difficulty which can make some parts easier and some parts harder, and he does not really set up any good settlements to base out of, he's always on the move to the next quest or equipment.

    If you see any mistakes that I have missed or any additions you would like to make, please comment!

    Link to the Google Doc

    submitted by /u/RasberryMocha
    [link] [comments]

    [FO4] I can’t get my vault 111 jumpsuit

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:15 PM PDT

    At the start of the game, when you enter vault 111, there is a lady who you must interact with to get your jumpsuit and go into the cryopod. However, I cant interact w her and can walk straight through her. No mods are enabled. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/dankmemeyboi
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout NV endings

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 02:55 PM PDT

    Which ending in y'alls opinion would be more likely to be canon, NCR or Independent?

    submitted by /u/GronakTheOrc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment