• Breaking News

    Monday, August 2, 2021

    Fallout | I think the real Fallout 5 location should be the friends we made along the way.

    Fallout | I think the real Fallout 5 location should be the friends we made along the way.


    I think the real Fallout 5 location should be the friends we made along the way.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    Can we stop with the "Fallout 5 should be here" posts that have little or no context?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    I'm not usually a jerk about this kind of stuff, in fact if you knew me, I'm probably one of the nicer people you know, but I have something to say. It's one thing if you have some rich content to contribute to this sub, but most of these types of posts are just spam and don't extrapolate at all about why the next fallout should be anywhere. If I have to see one more post about why Fallout 5 should be in freakin Topeka, Kansas, or Birmingham, Alabama, I'm going to claw my freakin eyes out. If you can't take the time to come up with some well thought out original content, then can you just please keep the crap to yourself? By all means, if you want to write a novel filled with rich content about why F5 should be somewhere, then please do. That stuff is actually great. Otherwise, please stop dropping burning bags of dog crap on my doorstep. Also, rule of thumb, if you can quickly google the answer to a simple question, dont ask it here. Sorry, but not sorry if this offends people. It needs to be said.

    submitted by /u/mhem7
    [link] [comments]

    Modern Fallout is unfaithful to the originals.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 09:54 AM PDT

    The development teams for the modern Fallout games, Obsidian and Bethesda, have strayed too far from the source material. I have found myself in several separate occasions enjoying my time playing Fallouts New Vegas, 3, and even 4. As an avid fan of the originals, I am horrified to see the strides Bethesda and Obsidian have made toward adding fun to Fallout. Fallout is NOT intended to be 'fun', it is intended to be a story intensive torture simulator. I yearn for the days of missing 70% hit chance shots, I miss companions just committing suicide at their earliest convenience, I miss tutorial levels that take ten fucking tries to complete.

    These new Fallout games are a far cry from what the original team intended when creating Fallout, and I hope to see Bethesda work toward restoring Fallout to what it once was. Whilst 76 was a step in the right direction, I remain disappointed with the overall lack of results. The future of Fallout seems grim, but not in the good way.

    submitted by /u/dancanner
    [link] [comments]

    Apparently Someone at the Smithsonian is a Fallout 3 Fan.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 08:28 AM PDT

    The American History Museum showcases footage from around the in-game Washington DC in the pop culture section of the museum and the Air and Space Museum was playing songs from GNR off the gift shop speakers.

    submitted by /u/aft595
    [link] [comments]

    I really think Fallout 5 should be set in the Fallout franchise

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 12:30 AM PDT

    I don't like what Bethesda did with Fallout: Skyrim, it made no sense and I was completely lost the entire time. I also think Fallout 5 should have weapons and stuff, would be cool.

    submitted by /u/heterochromia-marcus
    [link] [comments]

    What would YOU do in the fallout wasteland?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 01:41 PM PDT

    You appear in the wasteland. But let's get things straight you are no courier six or chosen one. You are just a normal dude

    Who would side with? Would you settle down or make a whole new settlement yourself?

    submitted by /u/7star1719
    [link] [comments]

    Definitely the best option for fallout 5

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 06:40 PM PDT

    Picture this, you're a vault dweller, except you're in an experiment vault. The vault is a group of sealed rooms each with a computer that has access to only one forum where no pictures are allowed and the only two conversations are what comes next in a series of video ganes and what was the best faction in the previous iteration.

    True survival horror.

    submitted by /u/-Zyss-
    [link] [comments]

    I think the next fallout game should be in tornado ally/southern states

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    Yea you thought this was going to be another I think the next fallout should be in ____ No I actually think that fallout 5 should take place in Texas and Louisiana because NASA buildings would be perfect for brotherhood and Texas is near Arizona and nevada in new Vegas so the NCR could be in fallout 5 too. Additionally the location would be very nice. Thank you for coming to my TED talk

    submitted by /u/Not_cool69420
    [link] [comments]

    I think the next fallout should be set in the fallout 5 in the set in the next fallout game in the new location in the next new fallout 5

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 08:11 PM PDT

    What do you guys think? we could have the special system and maybe some guns and better melee combat with the new engine.

    edit: fallout

    submitted by /u/Kitsenubi
    [link] [comments]

    Has Anyone Ever Eliminated the Brotherhood of Steel while leading the Minutemen?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 07:08 PM PDT

    Part of it was simply wanting to test my Castle build against a real attack, and let's be honest, it's a pretty cool fight. But from a more RP perspective, I did not trust the Brotherhood to respect my Commonwealth Federation's authority over the region.

    Soldiers of the Brotherhood regularly displayed a flagrant disregard for the citizens of the Commonwealth, and the attitudes of its highest ranking members only made it more likely that the group would destabilize the region.

    I also firmly believe the theory that the Brotherhood took the power source of Rivet City in the Capitol Wasteland to power their zeppelin, effectively dooming the most secure settlement in that region. Such actions would undoubtedly continue in the Commonwealth, and that could not be allowed.

    I stand by my decision, as cruel as it may have been. Not everyone in the Brotherhood is guilty, but enough were for drastic actions to be warranted

    submitted by /u/RorschachtheMighty
    [link] [comments]

    Super Mutants should be extinct by now or at least in the next game

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    I'm tired of fighting them. Their purpose in Fallout has ended, shoe horning them into every title just makes them boring and dull. We have killed a vast collective of them over the decades that they die faster than they are created. If anything only a handful and I mean handful like 4-5 should exist in the end.

    At least in the East Coast where they seem to be plentiful. The West Coast they seem gone and only the Jacobstown few remain.

    Replace them with something else Bethesda. Hmmm how about "Abominations"? (Not the scary Mothership Zeta ones) Ghouls that have crossed the threshold of Glowing Ones and have fused together thru radiation, idk I'm spit balling here.

    Just get rid of them and get creative already.

    submitted by /u/thefoxygrandma
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 5 should take place in the US

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 11:43 PM PDT

    You know why?

    submitted by /u/EmperorDaubeny
    [link] [comments]

    A semi-accurate map of post war USA

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 02:22 AM PDT

    I tried connecting all fallout maps from 1 to fallout 76. I even added van buren, tactics, and all DLC maps just so you can know where they are geographically. This is not an accurate rendition, I just put them where I think they are located.

    https://i.imgur.com/0hzIRDm.png

    submitted by /u/crNberry
    [link] [comments]

    Which Vault would YOU live in?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 03:32 AM PDT

    Everytime I explore a vault and I walk amongst the ghouls and read through the emails, I always wonder would I have gotten along with these folks? Could I live here?

    I just randomly came across Vault 11 in New Vegas. Wow. Probably the most confusing layout to a Vault. Period. But then it turns out there's an entire conspiracy regarding it's residents. Also THAT ENDING 🤯.

    submitted by /u/TokyoKazama
    [link] [comments]

    Following the F5 should be .... trend, I think the US / Mexico border would make a great location.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 12:43 AM PDT

    There's an existing level separator with the wall/gutters etc, these could have points of egress that are then manned by various factions.

    There could be sets of tunnels underneath which pop up in hidden locations as old boarder crossings. Perfect location for feral ghouls to roam.

    The further into Mexico you go the more desert it becomes so cazcadors can return and ruin our lives.

    The juxtaposition between the US side and Mexican side will fit quite nicely in the fallout universe too.

    submitted by /u/unluckypig
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 5 should be set where fallout 5 is set

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 08:24 PM PDT

    I reckon fallout 5 should be set where fallout 5 takes place and should add the new features fallout 5 will have, a new feature and faction like the ones in fallout will really shake up the formula

    submitted by /u/Traveler_202
    [link] [comments]

    The newer fallouts are more artistic than the original fallouts

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 06:16 PM PDT

    Fallout 1, 2, and maybe new Vegas are more realist (for a retro futuristic apocalypse) than the artistic worlds of Fallout 3 and 4. Fallout 3 and 4 are fun to look at and explore. While I think Fallout 1 and 2 are more likely to resemble a retro futuristic apocalypse. New towns will be built with scratch or junk and there wouldn't be unlooted building that are not locked or protected. I Want to see more of the ethics of post nuclear world than a pretty and artistic apocalypse.

    submitted by /u/Natural_Home_1862
    [link] [comments]

    Can I keep x6-88 alive in the minutemen ending without him being hostile to me?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 11:35 PM PDT

    I know that u can do that with raileoad but I wonder if I can with minuteman too

    submitted by /u/AloBert0
    [link] [comments]

    Vault Experiments (potential spoilers for 1 and 2)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 02:30 AM PDT

    Not sure if I need to put the spoiler tag on this post, due to how long these games have been out. But I'd rather play it safe than ruin someone's game.

    Anyway.

    So the President mentions the experiments in Fallout 2. Is this the first time it's mentioned? I'm curious as to if this was mentioned, alluded, or hinted at at all in FO1. I haven't beaten FO1 in a very, very long time. Decades even, though I do have them all but 3 on STEAM.

    So I was curious if it's mentioned back then, and if so if I were to startup a game in FO1 where would I go to find this info.

    submitted by /u/islandcatgrrl123
    [link] [comments]

    I don't understand the Bethesda v Obsidian thing that goes on.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    I've been playing Fallout 4 for years. I love it. Because of the settlement building aspect it still has replayability for me. I recently started New Vegas. I like it as well although I probably won't replay it. I like Fallout 4 better but it's related to my playing style. I don't think it means New Vegas sucks. I understand why people prefer New Vegas. Both games crash. Both can have bugged quests. I don't get why there's this fight over it.

    Edit: Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply. I'm definitely planning on trying to complete all the games.

    submitted by /u/dangerspring
    [link] [comments]

    How come the Nuka World raiders didn't do God-knows-what to Sierra Petrovita?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 01:28 AM PDT

    One raider does talk rudely to her when the Sole Survivor meets her for the first time in Nuka World, but that's kinda it

    So the raiders kidnap any civilian they want to work as a slave in Nuka World, but not whe they want to visit the theme park?

    submitted by /u/SuperAlloyBerserker
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 5 should be set in the deepest reaches of your colon

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 09:35 PM PDT

    Much like the Sierra Madre it would not have any natural sunlight

    submitted by /u/TheTruegear
    [link] [comments]

    Do old school fallout players enjoy 76?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 01:40 PM PDT

    For me I despise it and I don't know why, it's feels wrong compared to the other fallout games, it feels far to wacky and cartoony to me, even fallout 4 which has the same art style imposed a feeling of dread and despair.

    perhaps it's the Flora which is Abundant in the game which might sound silly to some but coming from the older games i miss the complete desolation of the world which fallout has become known for.

    My issue with the games doesn't come from the poor release as no mans sky has proven that games with poor releases are fixable but I've tried playing it recently and it just feels like a different apocalypse with fallout aspects shoehorned in.

    submitted by /u/McDoobles1453
    [link] [comments]

    I think the next Fallout should take place in a sarcastic "I think the next Fallout should take place in..." thread.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 07:22 PM PDT

    I mean, think about it.

    Sarcastic shitpost threads have [thing all Fallout games have], just like the other games in the series, and what's more, they have [thing no previous Fallout game has had], which would shake things up a bit for the series.

    One minor hiccup is that sarcastic shitpost threads have [thing that would fundamentally undermine the overarching themes of the Fallout franchise], but I think we could alleviate that with [thing that does not alleviate it].

    Also, the Brotherhood of Steel could show up because of [snide joke about the flanderisation and/or memeification of the BoS].

    Please comment your thoughts! I will not read most of them and I will fiercely argue against the ones I do read.

    submitted by /u/mortimermcmirestinks
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment