• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 11, 2021

    Fallout | Why Alaska should be (potentially) the next fallout game

    Fallout | Why Alaska should be (potentially) the next fallout game


    Why Alaska should be (potentially) the next fallout game

    Posted: 10 May 2021 09:30 PM PDT

    Although a very unlikely concept this is my take on where and what I think the next fallout game should be: Alaska. Why? Alaska specifically the battle of Anchorage is a very big part of the fallout universe but yet we never get to actually see for ourselves. (Besides Operation Anchorage but as most of us know it was mostly American war propaganda and not actuality.)

    In this game you would take character of a soldier whose job is to infiltrate a secret Chinese military base and find out what they're up to. You get captured by the Chinese, who take you prisoner and put you in a very dark, isolated prison a few dozen feet underground. The bombs go off and you are locked in a prison cell with no understanding of what is going on. You realize that just as the bombs dropped the facility was under attack by your comrades. Very few of them made it to the deep underground prison to escape the nuclear downfall. Your comrades free you from your prison and escape the facility and into the cold and harsh wasteland. For DLCs I think it would be cool to see annexed canada, another honest hearts dlc but with actual alaskan tribes, and one where you can cross the bering strait into russia

    That's all I really have for the backstory so here are some factions:

    Enclave- Locations at the Elmendorf AFB and minor military bunkers, they have pretty much the same attitude as they did in f3

    PLA (Peoples Liberation Army)- Very mean Chinese remnants who still seek out to destroy every American soldier and civilian

    White Devils- Basically just talon company/gunners but rely on guerrilla tactics heavily

    Dena Ina Tribe- Friendly native tribespeople who only wish to be left alone and have their way of life undisturbed by the major factions

    Family of the Aurora Divine- Friendly cultists who worship the northern lights

    The Remnants- remnants of the prewar us army who refused the order to become enclave and instead help the population by protecting them from the PLA.

    Environmentalists- pacifist faction that insist on preserving the wildlife and plants from "destructive forces of power"

    submitted by /u/Radiant-Bookkeeper-4
    [link] [comments]

    [FO4] I absolutely HATE how they try to make me feel Bad for killing Kellogg.

    Posted: 10 May 2021 10:03 PM PDT

    Making us go into his memories and his life is lame

    Oh. He had shitty father, and Lost his kid and spouse too..... To fucking Bad

    To me the whole sequence is a poor attemp at making You simpatize with him

    He had it coming, and it's not like he tried to de-escalate the situation either (and the Game won't let you try either) , in fact he's almost taunting You with shit like "oh You Made past DC"

    I tossed his gun into the sea for the sake of roleplay too, fuck him

    submitted by /u/sebastianlaguens
    [link] [comments]

    How do people record audio on holotapes?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 06:31 PM PDT

    I understand how a cassette tape works, don't misunderstand. But what do people actually record their voices on? Is there a microphone in the cartridge? Because I find plenty of holotapes on people who have apparently recorded their dying words, but there is no terminal or recording device in sight for them to have done it on.

    On a side note, can the Pip-Boy record audio onto a holotape?

    submitted by /u/RedKnight705
    [link] [comments]

    Super Mutant Suiciders

    Posted: 10 May 2021 01:19 PM PDT

    I'm doing a survival playthrough of fallout 4, I've installed alot of mods and one of them increase the difficulty exponentially. My current play time is about 1 day and I've been doing misc. quests and a little bit of the story. I just recieved Cait as a companion and have been trying to build her affinity to max level because I've never done her quest line before.

    What does any of this have to do with super mutants? Well, I decided to do Deacons quest at Slocum Joe's to get the deliverer. Prior to this I spent most of my night doing various odd jobs in good neighbor and trying to get affinity for Cait. Fast forward to the end of the Slocum Joe's dungeon, I got the deliverer and the prototype and agreed to meet Deacon back at the HQ.

    I called in a vertibird to come pick me up because I was too lazy to walk my way back to hangman's alley and I planned on saving my game and ending for the night. I get in the bird and fly towards the alley when the bird makes a different landing route than normal. Instead of dropping me off near the stadium, it instead veers to the right and lands in a small park area next to the river.
    As it lands down I hear the scream of a super mutant party yelling nonsense. Then I see at the bottom of screen the terrifying red glowing light that a supermutant is holding and he is inches away.

    As the bird was 10 feet from the ground that super mutant fucking Kobe'd that mini nuke right at my face and proceeded to absolutely ruin my day. So now I gotta redo the quest again and try to get my revenge. 10/10 I'm honestly not even that upset just impressed. This game does some weird thing sometimes but this encounter and the one where my character got blown to the moon by a frag mine at the bottom of a lake are easily my biggest wtf moments in this game. Brotherhood pilot whyyyyy did you land there????? And who the fuck puts a landmine at the bottom of a lake???

    submitted by /u/Uncle_Jiggles
    [link] [comments]

    The image of The Minutemen, their questline and MOs ("get ready in one minute's notice", "of the people for the people", "protective neighbors" and "self trained civilian force to be reckoned with") got me interested in the actual revolutionary minutemen movement even though I'm not american myself.

    Posted: 10 May 2021 04:34 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/SUN8GUx

    I think that the cases when game developers draw the attention of players to the historical heritage and real events of the past are worthy of respect. I have learned about the American Revolution from an installation at the Museum of Freedom more than in my entire life.

    I've read all your comments and only one thing I want to add: I'm really impressed by courage of people who are brave enough to risk their wellness, health and even life to help someone they barely know, do what's right and ask literally nothing in return. They are precious heroes hidden inside ordinary commoners. I admit I'm pretty sure I don't have guts to be that kind of person.

    Someone said in comments, that american revolutionaries must be counted as "traitors who deserve to hang". I can say one thing: technically speaking every revolution is a crime against present government and present order of things. And even an act of treason in the eyes of privileged authoroties and other dominant "powers that be". But common folks and ordinary people who fight for their rights and freedoms and brighter future might disagree with that strictly technical point of view. Anyway this is not the most suitable subreddit to start this kind of political disputes.

    "You made it political from the start". No, I didn't. I'm not the one who tried to start "these are right and those are wrong, these are loyal and those are traitors".

    submitted by /u/TacticalAsDuck_
    [link] [comments]

    [ARTICLE] Fallout 3’s opening is the best in the series | PCGamesN

    Posted: 10 May 2021 10:24 PM PDT

    https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-3/best-opening

    Great article that just popped up in my newsfeed, really articulated one of the main reasons I love FO3 so much and had to share. The other games are great, and FO3 is hardly perfect, but very few games get inside you like this one...

    submitted by /u/ausdoug
    [link] [comments]

    The Worst and Best DJ's in fallout games

    Posted: 10 May 2021 02:20 PM PDT

    Which DJ is the worst?

    List of DJ's (And the Games they are from, along with radio names):

    Three Dog, Fallout 3, GNN

    Mr. New Vegas, Fallout New Vegas, Radio New Vegas

    Travis, Fallout 4, Diamond City Radio

    The girl (I don't know her name, not sure she has one), Appalachia Radio, Fallout 76

    REMEMBER, not the game, not the music, purely the DJ.

    submitted by /u/TheVikingLongCat
    [link] [comments]

    How well does fallout 3 work on windows 10?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 06:56 PM PDT

    Synth Morality Question

    Posted: 10 May 2021 08:21 PM PDT

    I know the whole "are synths morally okay" argument has been going on since release. However, I had an epiphany. Synths replace people, almost all of them with the exception of Curie, Danse, etc. This issue is never addressed directly by the railroad or any other pro-synth people in game. Either synths are machines acting on their orders to kill and replace, or they have free will and actively ignore the morality of killing a person and stealing their identity. This is a tough one for me (im pro synth btw), all feedback is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/IVSterlingVI
    [link] [comments]

    Why are holotapes called that if they're not, like, recorded holograms or something?

    Posted: 11 May 2021 03:25 AM PDT

    'Cause I searched up what "holo" means, and it's just "hologram" but shortened

    submitted by /u/SuperAlloyBerserker
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 5 - Should the Shi be involved?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 03:10 PM PDT

    If they make a fallout 5, do you think the Shi should be involved / expanded upon or a totally new faction introduced? (sorry rust devils were pretty poor)

    submitted by /u/marto17890
    [link] [comments]

    Operation Anchorage is kind of underwhelming

    Posted: 11 May 2021 02:44 AM PDT

    Played through it for the first time yesterday and I really expected more. When I woke up in Alaska and saw the huge map I got hyped and expected a lot from it, but it is soooo linear. It feels like a CoD singleplayer mission. The loot you get and the holotapes of the soldiers kind of save the DLC for me, but the rest wasn't really interesting.

    (If this is the general consensus, I had no idea)

    submitted by /u/TheGambas
    [link] [comments]

    Why does everyone want "Fallout: New Orleans" to happen?

    Posted: 11 May 2021 02:28 AM PDT

    I have nothing against it personally, but I've seen so many people mention this and I'm wondering where the hype came from? Is it just because it sounds like "New Vegas" and because New Orleans is a cool place?

    When did this hype train leave the station??

    submitted by /u/Mammoth-Marketing-46
    [link] [comments]

    Longneck Lukowski's Cannery Quest, Mystery Meat, puts a Neat Spin on the Trope

    Posted: 10 May 2021 03:55 PM PDT

    As the rather long title states, the quest you can find either by a random encounter or by visiting the cannery directly, puts a neat spin on the trope of "mystery meat". Rather than just making it human, it's ghouls.

    And, IMO, it's rather done well too. Exploring the area where the canned food is made, you see plenty Mr. Handies working on radstags, mole rats, and such, so it just looks normal. And why would someone make food using human meat if they have all the game you can see present.

    submitted by /u/Benjamin_Starscape
    [link] [comments]

    Can my hp omen run fallout 4 good?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 08:51 PM PDT

    The Witcher runs fine for the most part. But I wanna make sure before I buy it. It's on sale for 20

    submitted by /u/DennyDeVito55
    [link] [comments]

    Missing weapon in 76

    Posted: 11 May 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    Returned to the game, pretty sure I did not receive ALL RISE when i did the mayor missions long ago.

    But anyway if I was to join a team and repeat the mission under a leader, would I get the weapon reward again?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/matador_bjj
    [link] [comments]

    Best Left Forgotten bug, indexers going poof without a drone being near them.

    Posted: 10 May 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    I'm watching it happen right now, they walk and they go poof. No shots fired at them, just poof.

    I feel like the game is cheating against me.

    submitted by /u/dudewiththebling
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best mods vor Fallout 3?

    Posted: 11 May 2021 02:29 AM PDT

    What Is Your Favorite Pip-Boy Design?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 08:20 PM PDT

    Mine is the 2000 mk6 which looks so good probably since it looks like the 1 and 2 pip boys which I also like the look of

    submitted by /u/No_Interaction4027
    [link] [comments]

    Whispering hills info?

    Posted: 11 May 2021 02:08 AM PDT

    Whispering hills got me really excited and pulled me back into fallout, when i first started playing it I thought it was just a small little horror port (didnt read description don't flame me) but when i found out it had its own quest I was blown away by just how good it was, i spent the better part of about 6 hours playing through and was on the edge of my seat the whole time, needless to say if you haven't played it or tried it, go for it you wouldnt regret it. But that being said does anyone know where updates for the mod comes out? Or is it a check back later sort of thing

    submitted by /u/AdmiralSleepers
    [link] [comments]

    I have a question about creating builds in 76! It’s kind of confusing.

    Posted: 10 May 2021 10:15 PM PDT

    So, I'm been playing 76 for a bit now and am enjoying it. But, I'm lv. 12 now. While I understand how the leveling up mechanics work by choosing SPECIAL and a perk alongside it and all that, I don't quite get how I should consider a build. Should I be thinking about a certain build now, early on (like in NV)? Do a "jack of all trades" build, which I don't like doing tbh? Don't worry about it now, can later on? I'd like some clarification please.

    I'm going for a guns (and explosives as a last resort) build. My SPECIAL is (from left to right) 1,2,4,2,4,3,2. With all of this being said, should I ignore any stats entirely, like Strength since I'm not doing melee and Luck too?

    submitted by /u/TheSecondSon_94
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment