• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 24, 2020

    Fallout | I’m I the only one who likes Fo4 the best?

    Fallout | I’m I the only one who likes Fo4 the best?


    I’m I the only one who likes Fo4 the best?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 11:13 PM PST

    Fallout 4 is the best Fallout in my opinion. Does anyone feel the same? Right off the bat let me say that I enjoy gameplay better than story and role playing. Fo4 feels like a survival game and a shooting game in a post-apocalypse setting and that's the perfect game for me. I like Fo3 and Fnv and heck even Fo1 and Fo2 but they don't speak to me the way Fo4 does. I can't be the only one? If Bethesda made a fallout with Fo4s gameplay and Fnvs story and role playing they would make a killing off of it but I doubt they will.

    submitted by /u/King-Seaboch77777
    [link] [comments]

    In your opinion what's the best jump scare in any Fallout game? I was playing FO4 at the Fringe Cove Docks (Far Harbor DLC) and a Leveled Mirelurk King lunged out of the ground in front of me, scaring me shitless.

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 05:16 AM PST

    Edit: After exploring some more I found Haddock Cove had a Deep Mirelurk King that lunges out of the water onto the dock in front of you.

    The Far Harbor DLC really loves jump scares. Hermit Crabs are always terrifying the first time as well, then you know to double check trucks.

    submitted by /u/Paradox-ical_Major
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Nick Allowed to Operate in Diamond City?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 10:53 PM PST

    Maybe I missed something but the entire commonwealth especially Diamond City is paranoid about the Institute. But the thing their most scared of from the Institute being human like synths, and they just let one set up his own agency? Now as someone who likes Nick as companion, I can say he is a pretty swell dude but this seems uncharacteristically understanding of the residents of Diamond City. I could see the Railroad doing this but Diamond City is rife with paranoia and fear.

    Again maybe I missed something but I can't find the answer to what seems like what should be a pretty big plot point.

    submitted by /u/Abzdrew
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout players pay it forward

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 03:02 PM PST

    FO76

    So I've been playing fallout 76 for some time but I don't get to log too many hours due to work and family. As you all know the game is grind and you need to log some serious time in the game to really enjoy it.

    Last night a random player who I didn't catch his name just ran into me at the rusty pick and dropped some legendary items at my feet waved and then logged off. I hope you are in this group and you read this because I'm extremely thankful because the stuff you dropped at my feet was some good stuff that really helped me out.

    So today I waited outside of vault 76 where new players start and dropped one of the items you gave me and some lower level stuff I crafted to a new player. So I payed it forward and I'm thankful for what you did whoever the hell you are.

    submitted by /u/Battles_45
    [link] [comments]

    If you ever feel useless remember the NCR emergency radio existed in FNV

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 04:39 PM PST

    After who knows how many years, i finally beat New Vegas.

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 10:05 AM PST

    I first got Fallout New Vegas many years ago for the Xbox 360.

    Years later I got it again for the PC; I attempted nearly 19 playthroughs of the game, all of which I ended up abandoning as other things came up in my life.

    This month I decided to reinstall the game, and give it a real shot all the way to the end.

    And today i did just that, finally witnessing that ending slide show i had always heard about, and getting to see how my character left his mark on the world.

    Of course my time in the game was fantastic, sure it would crash every now and then, and the ending fight had me praying to any god that would listen, but i enjoyed it nonetheless.

    So, why am I still writing?

    Fallout New Vegas was my first time in Fallout, it's what got me into the world, and lore, it's the reason I have played the other Fallout games including the originals, it's why one day i want to make my own RPG; but in those years i kept seeing something i really, really didn't like.

    Any time someone would say Fallout NV wasn't that good in their opinion, they would often get hit with people calling them stupid, or trolls, or going on rants about why they were wrong, even if the person said they liked the game.

    It bothered me because i kept asking myself why does it matter? Why does it matter that someone doesn't see this game as a masterpiece.

    The answer is it doesn't matter, at all.

    I think fighting over it almost goes against the spirit of Fallout, especially NV.

    There is no such thing as the best fallout game, and that is its biggest strength.

    Just like how there's no perfect faction for the people of the Mojave wasteland, it all comes down to you, what you want to see, what you want to experience.

    I personally have a love for Fallout 3, it's dark, ominous world, and hollow cities are what I imagine when I hear the word Fallout, and so it's the place I prefer to be in.

    But Fallout 3 is not the best, nor is 4, or 1, or 2, or any of them.

    The best Fallout game is the one that you yourself enjoy, it's the one that drags you into its world.

    Whether you are a lone wanderer of the blasted out city of D.C.

    Or a humble courier just trying to make things right in the Mojave.

    Or simply a parent looking for their son.

    We all walk the same cracked roads, we all fight our way through the same mad world, and that's what I think makes Fallout special.

    submitted by /u/TwistDev
    [link] [comments]

    Lore wise, what did pre war society do with micro fusion cells and fusion cores after the power been depleted?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 07:03 AM PST

    Did they throw them away or are they rechargeable?

    submitted by /u/I-Like-Being-Alone
    [link] [comments]

    Whats your favorite fallout game?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 11:09 AM PST

    just wanna know

    submitted by /u/trytobet
    [link] [comments]

    Just got fallout 4 again after a few years. Need suggestions

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 08:38 PM PST

    So I recently beat New Vegas and am going through fo3 now. Love the games a lot.

    I am wondering what mods you guys use to make fo4 feel more like home I guess?

    I already have the dialogue extender one.

    Are there any major quests, faction, or anything else that y'all would recommend? I like fo4 but never beat it for some reason. Maybe it just wasn't the time idk. Or maybe it just wasn't engaging.

    It's odd how early you get power armor but I do love the power armor system as it just feels so bad ass.

    Anyways. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Onepostmore
    [link] [comments]

    About to start Fallout: New Vegas for the first time. Suggestions on builds, DLC order/timing, general tips?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 11:41 PM PST

    Just finished Fallout 3 for the first time ever and these are my thoughts

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 05:29 PM PST

    I've seen people play it before and I've played enough to blow up Megaton but never after that. So I decided I'd give it a shot finally and had so much fun with it that last night at 10pm I drove to Walgreens to buy an Xbox giftcard(I don't know why I didn't think to just use my actual card that was on the Xbox already) and bought all 5 DLC's. I played the entire day to day and beat it without even trying to do. It was a super fun time even if the shot detection outside of VATS is a little bad. I decided to buy the DLC before going into Vault 87 and decided first I'd do Operation Anchorage which was a ton of fun. After finishing the game, I'm going to go to the Pitt next. I used to think Fog Crawlers were the worst thing in a Bethesda game but I take that back. Fucking Centaurs. The way you can hear them coming with their fucking hands tapping the ground and the way their tongue I guess according to Vats just swings around, my god those are nasty. And Mirelurks caught me off guard a bit, I hate them in Fallout 4 cause of their noise but seeing one walk on two legs at me was a bit over putting. This wasn't very organized but I thought I'd share my thoughts and excitement with other fans.

    submitted by /u/Ambientmaple
    [link] [comments]

    Where Should I Buy Fallout 3?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 07:22 AM PST

    So Fallout 3 is on sale on both Steam and gog.com, and I've heard the GOG version is more stable with Windows 10 and it runs out of the box, so how much better is the GOG version and how hard is it to get the Steam version to run? Also does Fallout New Vegas run better with the GOG version too, I got it off of steam and its basically just crash simulator 2010.

    submitted by /u/ChosenChicken05
    [link] [comments]

    I absolutely love the shit outta Deacon!

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 06:35 PM PST

    All I gotta say is give Deacon a Missile Launcher and watch the magic happen! He will equip it so damn quick and go ham & eggs on people.. 🤣

    submitted by /u/BobaHeisenberg
    [link] [comments]

    The Music of Fallout 4

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 01:35 AM PST

    I've recently just started getting back into Fallout 4 and 76 and I Can just say one thing about both of them have really great Soundtracks, though I don't listen to 76s because I found it kinda Obnoxiously Loud so I turned my music volume down. But when ever I'm just wandering the Wasteland of Fallout 4 I can't help but feel really immersed in the game and if I'm really my character, and there is only 1 contributing factor that would be, The Music. Even now as I'm typing this I'm listening to the Soundtrack. But the flair would not be discussion with a Discussion. I sadly don't hear many people talk about the Music, so I wanna know what peoples thoughts are about it. Do you like it or do you hate it? Sorry if the Tittle isn't descriptive enough I tried okay?

    submitted by /u/Turnips4Lif3
    [link] [comments]

    [FNV] I'm 100 hours in, and I've been misusing doctor's bags the entire time

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 01:27 AM PST

    Turns out, you can use Doctor's Bags to treat specific limbs and restore them to what seems to be 100% condition. I've just been spamming them from the aid menu and wondering why they're so garbage. Hardcore, by the way.

    submitted by /u/Dassive_Mick
    [link] [comments]

    Did Mama Murphy kill Jas Wilkins' Great Aunt's Deathclaw?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 05:30 PM PST

    This may be a bit of a reach but hear me out.

    Replaying Fallout New Vegas, I came across Jas Wilkins at the mess hall in Sloan, who has a quest to find a Deathclaw egg to make an omelet. As part of the exposition for the quest she has a line of dialogue explaining that her Great Aunt kept a female Deathclaw in a shed for a steady supply of eggs, until "some stranger came along and killed the Deathclaw. Shot it right in the eye."

    Now this story reminded me about the now infamous quote from Mama Murphy, claiming that in her youth she killed a deathclaw with a single shot.

    Could these two stories be about the same event? In Wilkins' story she says "Shot it right in the eye", implying it was shot only once which aligns with Murphy's tale. It might also be safe to assume that if the Deathclaw was being kept in captivity by someone's great aunt it could have been in a weakened enough state for a single shot to the head to kill it. Also Mama Murphy was apparently an absolute beast when she was young.

    Granted Wilkins' Aunt lived in California, and the Commonwealth is on the opposite end of the continent. However this doesn't completely invalidate the theory. It's implied that Wilkins' Great Aunt ran her Bed and Breakfast some time ago, and Murphy's story takes place in her youth. As far as I'm aware we don't know where Mama Murphy spent her younger days, and she very well could have traveled across the country throughout her life. The timeline also seems to line up fairly well to allow for this.

    Anyway, even if these aren't the same event it could just be a funny reference to New Vegas.

    submitted by /u/TradAmrak
    [link] [comments]

    v.a.t.s; say it or spell it?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 11:31 AM PST

    pretty self explanatory, do you read it as vats or do you spell it?

    submitted by /u/flor__s
    [link] [comments]

    If I buy fo76 during the winter sale for 13 bucks will I get steel dawn too?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 12:25 AM PST

    No sound device detected fallout 3 cannot run

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 12:04 AM PST

    Anyone know how to fix this? I'm on wine and my game worked earlier I deleted it to reinstall dlc then it started doing this. Any help?

    submitted by /u/LaquanTyrone
    [link] [comments]

    If u ever get bored on any fallout here’s the most tedious thing u can do to at least have something to do

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 08:41 AM PST

    Get 1 of every item in the game, iv got a fallout 3 save that's over a year old that I'm playing right now with nearly every item in the game, 19666 caps, 834 stimpacks, over 100 of every chem, 123 frag mines (would be more but I use em quite a lot), 201 ice cold nuka cola, 97 strange meet, all power armours and many more

    Somehow I forgot vault 101 jumpsuit and I have unfortunately had to use 21 stimpacks and I let my uncle take control for an hour just to find he was playing on very easy but besides that I play on very hard (1 the reasons Iv spent the last week on point lookout)

    I'm planning on doing the same for fnv but iv never been able to get the dlcs to work on 360 and I want to try the dlc on normal before I go back to hardcore as iv heard dead money is hard.

    This ain't a brag on basic loot that's requires no skill to get just a fun really long challenge u can do also try not to use guides although I have missed unique weapons in the past and had to use it to find the last 3 iron ingots in the pitt it's not a true challenge if u cheat.

    submitted by /u/FPS-point-2-
    [link] [comments]

    Is fallout 76 a money grab or would you recommend playing it now that it’s been put for a while?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 11:41 PM PST

    It's 13 on steam.

    Is it a story like fo4 or just a bunch of online events?

    Is there a single player mode?

    submitted by /u/Onepostmore
    [link] [comments]

    Got trapped in flank & sharpenls room and can’t lock pick out when dos he come back to open the door

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 07:52 PM PST

    Fallout 4 season pass or Fallout 76?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 11:27 PM PST

    There's currently a holiday deal for fallout 4's season pass for 26 bucks and fallout 76 for 21. I currently have automatron and far harbour downloaded and might just get it for nuka world as I heard it was decent. 76's price on the other hand is quite appealing to me though I'm not quite sure whether the game itself is solo friendly as my friends don't really want to get it. Fallout 4 or 76, or even just save my money, what do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/PetethePierogi
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave’s name as a state in the NCR?

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 10:57 PM PST

    This is something I've been curious about since a recent NCR playthough of New Vegas.

    If the NCR does, canonically, annex the Mojave and it becomes the sixth state of the Republic, what would it be called?

    Would it be called Mojave? New Vegas? Named after the Courier or perhaps some NCR official/hero?

    submitted by /u/Foul-mask
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment