• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 29, 2020

    Fallout | Finally got all the New Vegas DLCs, a decade later. I'm just as excited.

    Fallout | Finally got all the New Vegas DLCs, a decade later. I'm just as excited.


    Finally got all the New Vegas DLCs, a decade later. I'm just as excited.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 01:23 PM PST

    A little backstory: I'd known of the Fallout titles on PC when I was younger, then bought Fallout 3 on a whim and loved it. It was a complete edition, so it had all the add ons. Needless to say, was super excited for NV - watched the trailer reveal and all that. Got it for Christmas that year, and had a blast. Fond memories of first exploring this new area of the Wastes. Since then, I havent continued buying new systems (as my interests and priorities changed) so I haven't played any of them post-NV, to completion. I also never got any of the DLCs for it.

    Currently, I've been replaying some PS2 classics on my PS3. Persona, namely. However, I'd been wanting something different, something more exploratory and easier to pick up and play. I ended up going to a buddy's store and looking around, though I didn't find Skate (damn it), I noticed a different looking spine on a Fallout case...... It was New Vegas: Ultimate Edition.

    I took it home, and it crossed my mind that it may be download codes or something that I may not be able to redeem, but I didn't care. I guess I had forgotten my experience with 3's GOTY edition or whatever it was. Popped it in, booted up, start new game (different PS3 than back then, sadly), and boom! I get all the stashes and whatnot to start with, and all the locations start popping up for the DLC missions! I loved the extra areas and stories on 3, so I am very excited to finally play these!

    I turned to my lady and said "10 years ago, almost to the hour, I was sitting and doing this. And here I am, in a different place, different time, just as happy to do it again." It's been a rough year, and a pretty hard Christmas this year, so I've not been in the best of spirits. This was just a little bit of joy that I received, and I wanted to tell somebody that might relate somehow.... It's ended up meaning more to me than just some DLCs.

    (I haven't started any of them yet, as I had to start back from the beginning of the game. I just wanted to share this. I'm gonna stop typing and go play now.)

    submitted by /u/brimstonecowboy
    [link] [comments]

    Best part Fallout 3 imo

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:24 PM PST

    There's this part in fallout 3 the pitt, where you go inside a supply plant, and you find a terminal in an office talking about the pre-war events of replacing the employees with robots and it is BY FAR the best writing I've seen in a fallout game, the atmosphere, the story telling, the placements of dead bodies that the devs are so popular of doing, EVERYTHING in that section up to the offices was sooooooooo DAMN GOOD. If you already have fallout 3 READ THAT TERMINAL IN THE OFFICE, trust me you won't regret it

    submitted by /u/gamerbrains
    [link] [comments]

    I’m currently playing Fallout NV and it is great... but I think slightly overrated. Don’t hate me.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:47 PM PST

    I'm well aware most of the fan base thinks New Vegas is the greatest thing since big butts in yoga pants but hear me out.

    I'm 10 years late to the party due to the game being unplayable on console when I first got it and now I'm playing it modded on pc. I've played fallout 1 2 and 3 but skipped 4.

    I must say that I feel this game desperately wanted to be another obsidian crpg more like the original 2 and especially like pillars of eternity 1 and 2 (which I love beyond belief).

    Why do I think this? Well IMO this game doesn't capture the fallout wasteland feeling as well as fallout 3. 3 captures the atmosphere of doom and handles exploration IMO 10x better than new Vegas. New Vegas easily wins in the writing department but I also need like sometimes less is more. The amount of weapons and ammo I have are crazy. Options are always good but sometimes I feel like I'm just carrying way too much for nothing.

    Also everything exploration wise feels much more streamlined. They threw an area covered with death claws near the middle of the map in an attempt to force you into a certain path following the eastern road. With stealth boys and save scumming you can overcome this, but that feels more Bethesda and less obsidian.

    If this were a crpg I feel the more streamlined approach and invisible walls everywhere fit right in but not being able to jump over a lot of cliffs and such that other games with the same engine would let me just feels strange. It doesn't feel as open to me.

    Also for a wasteland there so many people! I DO like this but it doesn't have the boy and his dog feeling that fallout 3 has. I won't involve 1 and 2 into that because of how the genre change.

    Now it might sound like I'm ripping into new Vegas but I'm not at all. It's easily one of the best games I've ever played and I'm enjoying it immensely. I only made this post because for almost 10 years I've heard how new Vegas is better than fallout 3 in every way possible but I don't think it's true. It may be better and in the end I may personally like it better but as of now I think fallout 3 captures what it was trying to do better.

    That is all. Sorry for long post.

    submitted by /u/CzarTyr
    [link] [comments]

    I've put 200 hours into 76 so far and love it, as it's my first fallout game. Which fallout should I play next?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:07 PM PST

    I loveeee fallout 76. I haven't been addicted to a game in many years. For the people who love 76, which fallout game would you recommend I play next?

    submitted by /u/McBritches
    [link] [comments]

    I’m at a stalemate

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 02:40 PM PST

    I just finished fallout 4, but I got a sucky ending (the railroad one) and I'm not sure whether I should play it again and join the brotherhood or finish/ start fallout 3 (I didn't get far). Which would be better?

    submitted by /u/GeorgeThe-Cat
    [link] [comments]

    Temple of trials, summarized in 1 image.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 04:57 PM PST

    Gotta love being forced to use melee regardless of your character build!

    https://imgur.com/a/OorqQ6b

    submitted by /u/Explodium101
    [link] [comments]

    Things to know before playing Fallout 3?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:28 PM PST

    I played it a long time ago as a kid but I don't really remember much beyond Megaton. Recently decided to play it again.

    I've played Fallout 4 and New Vegas. I assume the shooting mechanics will be rough like in New Vegas so I intend on focusing on VATS.

    Also I want to ask about the main quest. I know in New Vegas, finishing it ends the game but I heard that some DLC takes place after. Just wanted to know if I should take breaks from the main quest to do other stuff and when to do the dlc.

    Any other tips are welcome. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/neon-box
    [link] [comments]

    I escaped with 37 gold bars from the Sierra Madre vault. Now I can't speed travel. How do I get the gold somewhere safe? I only have the home in Goodsprings, so it'll take me a year to walk there..

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 08:30 AM PST

    Would appreciate some help!

    I'm new to fallout, if you couldn't already tell..

    submitted by /u/dougiedonut_uk
    [link] [comments]

    Loving my Mr Pebbles Lamp/FO Poster coasters

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:48 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/LJDDYI9

    For my fiancé's new desk, I got him a Mr Pebbles lamp from the Bethesda website, and a stack of coasters with artwork from Astoundingly Awesome Tales from Esty. Might've also bought a real life Comrade Chubs for myself 😌 (Bethesda site).

    submitted by /u/neon-clouds
    [link] [comments]

    A Fallout Tribute

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:42 AM PST

    https://youtu.be/A9aWkXblztg

    Inspired by this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/klmm4z/a_song_i_need_to_be_included_in_the_next_fallout/ and LEMMINO's "Grazed by the Apocalypse" video I've made a Fallout tribute video.

    I'm in love with the series and a huge fan for many years so it was fun as hell to edit this. Hope you enjoy!

    submitted by /u/ChiefGuide
    [link] [comments]

    *Spoilers* replaying fallout 4. Why is the BOS so awesome?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:48 PM PST

    I always sided with BOS. This time I'm trying to do an institute play through but every time I'm in trouble some random knights swoop in guns plazing like badasses and they keep saving my ass. How do I get myself to go with institute ? :(

    submitted by /u/Dc_comicsfan
    [link] [comments]

    Entire Fallout Series on sale on Humble Bundle!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:33 AM PST

    This sale includes base games, GOTY packages, other packages, and individual DLCs. Discounts are pretty awesome. I think it's only PC based, though. Still, you can get the MS or Steam version, whichever you like.

    Including:

    • Fallout Classic Collection (1, 2, and Tactics): $5.99
    • Fallout 1, 2, 3 (No DLC): $2.99 each
    • Fallout 3 DLCs: $1.99 each
    • Fallout 3 GOTY: $7.39
    • Fallout NV Ultimate (inc all DLCs and loot packs): $9.99
    • Fallout NV DLCs and Loot Packs: $0.49 - $2.49 each
    • Fallout 4 GOTY: $17.99
    • Fallout 4 DLCs: $1.99 - $9.99 each
    • Fallout 4 VR: $17.99
    • Fallout 76: $15.99

    Humble Bundle Dark Futures Sale

    If you're feeling like you might want to sign up for Humble Choice, they're offering it for $6 a month for 6 months right now, and you can do that at this link. Note that using this link will give me a reward for the signup, so if you prefer not to do that, you can follow the links on the site to sign up without the affiliate kickback.

    Edited to add F3 GOTY.

    submitted by /u/gingerneko
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing FONV and I have questions

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:00 AM PST

    1. Do you continue to earn perks every other level after reaching level 30? (I just played through FO3 and not getting a perk each level is taking some getting used to)

    2. Does completing the vanilla story allow you to continue to explore the wasteland after the final quest? Or is it like vanilla Fallout 3 where you are sent to the credits and title screen?

    submitted by /u/CaptainDK12
    [link] [comments]

    FNV Crashing PC Help Needed

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:53 AM PST

    So I just got the game for the first time and for some reason it likes to crash when I go through doors sometimes or just randomly. I'm not letting the crashes discourage me but I want to play the game smoothly. Does anyone know of any fixes?

    submitted by /u/D3monicSeagu11
    [link] [comments]

    Was Caesar's Original Plan To Have Legate Graham Take Over The Legion?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 10:54 PM PST

    For such a well-read individual, Edward Sallow seems extremely short-sighted in the narrow window we get to interact with him. It doesn't seem a far stretch that he would have his original plan stricken from all records, going so far as to not even mention it himself, given he did the same with his very own name. What would a Legion under Graham look like if he had succeeded at Hoover Dam and Caesar never received his tumor diagnosis and treatment?

    Edited for a syntax error.

    submitted by /u/Xeo_Nespydonum
    [link] [comments]

    Which ending in Fallout 4 is your favourite? And WHY?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:40 AM PST

    Obviously don't read if you don't want spoilers!

    submitted by /u/Patchogs
    [link] [comments]

    A deep analysis on the SS and their beliefs

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:34 AM PST

    So I have a question in regards to Fallout 4, which is just based on assumption and theorycrafting. But I noticed that the sole survivors, Nate and Nora, there is not much about their prior life aside from the player deciding what they do after. So one of the concerns I had that I wanted to speak about is faith. Was it ever hinted what religion either Nate or Nora were adhering to before shit went down? Based on the timeline, what is the possibility around what their faith was? If they had any. What are some assumptions on what their religion could have been before the war? Like if we were to brainstorm possibilities, which religion (or no religion) are likely for either of them? For example, were both Christians, or was Nate an atheist

    submitted by /u/Poku42
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout NV Multiplayer

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:27 AM PST

    Is there any multiplayer/coop mod for fallout new Vegas? I watched a video previously with 2 guys playing fallout new Vegas, and I haven't found anything for it, so I'm turning here for help. Thanks for any info you have!!!!

    submitted by /u/XxGnomeJrxX
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout New Vegas Crashing PC

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:11 AM PST

    So I just got the game for the first time and for some reason it likes to crash when I go through doors sometimes or just randomly. I'm not letting the crashes discourage me but I want to play the game smoothly. Does anyone know of any fixes?

    submitted by /u/D3monicSeagu11
    [link] [comments]

    TTW & One For My Courrier Experience

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:51 PM PST

    I started install TTW and One For My Courrier yesterday for FO3 and FNV. It's little bit complicated but its amazing! You can play both game in one instance and its on Win10. Also it's amazingly stable!

    Well, I made a Discord Rich Presence with Python for this game and my friends went crazy.

    submitted by /u/TheVoidborn
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 - can't move 40 mins in

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:51 AM PST

    I can't move 40 mins into the game. I've restarted the save file and changed keyboards. Reset default keys. Suggestions? Ty

    submitted by /u/aintnoinbetweens
    [link] [comments]

    a second chance, at an amazing fallout game?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:51 AM PST

    F01 - possibly the best fallout of the franchise F02 - also, another runner-up for the best game F0 Tactics - a lil' different, but still good F0 BOS - terrible, just, don't even get me started..

    gets bought out after company dies

    F03 - a pretty good fallout game FNV - arguably, the best of the franchise F04 - it's okay, not as philosophical as the last F76 - so, this is what garbage tastes like?

    gets bought out by Microsoft

    fans unanimously start praying for another good fallout game

    submitted by /u/cb_cookbrotha89
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to change the fallout 4 language to something other than English?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:47 AM PST

    I am in the UK and hoping to play the game in german

    submitted by /u/Iguessthatsironic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment