• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 29, 2020

    Fallout Lore | So do other more advanced fighter jets exist in the Fallout universe?

    Fallout Lore | So do other more advanced fighter jets exist in the Fallout universe?


    So do other more advanced fighter jets exist in the Fallout universe?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 06:25 PM PST

    Just wondering if the US has any more advanced fighter jets in its arsenal other than what appears to be the P-80 Shooting Star. If so then is there something like the F86 or the F9F? If not, why?

    Here:https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/a/a6/Fighter_jet.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/340?cb=20110326235154

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_P-80_Shooting_Star

    submitted by /u/S_C_R_U_N_C_H
    [link] [comments]

    What would the NCR’s constitution look like?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:29 PM PST

    I assume is would be very similar to United States' Constitution, But I think it would still be very different considering the world that the NCR finds itself.

    submitted by /u/Frank91405
    [link] [comments]

    How are there still super mutants in the Commonwealth?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 09:37 PM PST

    Ok, so as I understand the Institute somehow or another got their hands on the FEV and did their own experiment and created super mutants. Then Virgil escaped and basically destroyed the program which was never reactivated.

    Institute production doesn't seem like it could have been that drastic considering it looks like they had a whole 3 pods for production, and I'm sure capturing and converting people took significant resources.

    It's also my understanding from FO1 that FEV leaves mutants sterile.

    So my question is how are there still super mutants in the Commonwealth? The occasional group, sure, but they are literally everywhere. They even have mutants that detonate themselves with mini nukes at enemies. They can't reproduce so there won't be more of them. So where do they keep coming from? It seems there could be an unlimited amount due to radiant quests, and it's never made mention that they're particularly rare or that you have to find a holdout group. Rather, they seem to be a major plague on the Commonwealth.

    Just curious if I missed an easy explanation somewhere.

    submitted by /u/ad_noctem_media
    [link] [comments]

    Why aren't there equivalents to the NCR throughout the country?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 11:40 AM PST

    I know that my home of Chicago and Detriot are briefly covered in some canon but other than that, I am surprised we haven't seen something similar to the NCR in other parts of the country. As there are probably lots of areas in the country that should remain untouched just because how unimportant some areas are. Like Amish country or helk North Dakota.

    Do we have any hints in the lore of a similar organization to the NCR popping up or?

    submitted by /u/StormWarriors2
    [link] [comments]

    Follow-Up/Clearing Up Post to my other post which blew up last night

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 05:47 AM PST

    Since most of you may or may not actually get to read my edits, I figured this should be where I clear some things up, expand upon the discussion, and apologize for certain errors in that post. Here it is, enjoy!

    1: I should not have used the "reeeee" meme, it was late at night and I have no excuse for using such silly terminology. Moving on...

    2: I should have been more clear on what the hell I was talking about, though THANKFULLY most of you did manage to piece together my sloppy ramblings, which I appreciate. Yes, I think of Synths as people with thoughts and feelings. If I'm able to form a genuine friendship and relationship with Codsworth, and Codsworth can subsequently say "Piss off you mongrel" in direct defiance of his programming when you become absolutely hated by him, then that furthers my beliefs in machines having free will. Codsworth isn't even a synth! If HE's able to be more than just a simplistic butler bot, the Synths should ESPECIALLY be so in my opinion.

    3: I am pro-Institute, but mostly for their rough ideas and potential to bring back humanity into a living functional somewhat clean state. It's sorta why I chose Mr. House in New Vegas. Yes, I know that the Institute sees Synths as slaves and they have their own sins to account for, but if I become the head of the Institute, I have a chance to fix things going forward.

    4: I don't think every single machine in Fallout needs free will, but if we have machines with free will, I'm going to treat them like people and not like a printer or coffee machine.

    5: Upon Shakanaka's post, I'll be clarifying this much as well...while the Railroad is more accurate to some of my points, I am primarily discussing players and not the factions. Player opinions, not the opinions of the Institute, Brotherhood, etc. That said, I thank Shaka for also correcting me on a few points as seen in their reply.

    If anyone needs me to address any other dissenting issues from that post, let me know ASAP and I'll address it in a reply and/or add it here.

    Thank you all for being so productive and liking my discussion post so much, even if I was a tad too sloppy at times in writing it. :)

    Link to other post here!

    submitted by /u/TimeLordHatKid123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment