• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 18, 2020

    Fallout | Fallout changing from an isometric, turn based RPG to a first/third person open world action RPG was one of the best decisions Bethesda made with this license and it's the single reason why the Fallout license didn't just fade into obscurity

    Fallout | Fallout changing from an isometric, turn based RPG to a first/third person open world action RPG was one of the best decisions Bethesda made with this license and it's the single reason why the Fallout license didn't just fade into obscurity


    Fallout changing from an isometric, turn based RPG to a first/third person open world action RPG was one of the best decisions Bethesda made with this license and it's the single reason why the Fallout license didn't just fade into obscurity

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 06:00 AM PST

    You can whatever you want about Bethesda. You can claim that they don't understand what Fallout's supposed to be about, you can say that they oversimplified the RPG elements with each passing installment and so on and so forth. But one thing you can not argue against is that the decision to switch up the way the franchise looked is a major reason why the franchise is so popular today. Bethesda saved Fallout, that's an undeniable fact. Before they purchased the license it was stuck in perpetual limbo with a shitty twin stick shooter spinoff being the latest thing under it's belt. The switch up from isometric to first person not only made the gameplay more engaging, not only did it make the very progression system and skill trees much more important but it made the world itself feel much more alive and interesting. I am not saying that Fallout 1 and 2 are bad games, far from it in fact, i like Fallout 1 and 2, but let's not kid ourselves here, most people here know about Fallout because of the 3D first person installments

    submitted by /u/prossnip42
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout UK, a game that will probably never exist but i can dream

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 03:33 AM PST

    Would anyone be interested in a Fallout game (spinoff obviously) set in the UK, i think it would be cool to see if England just reverts back to its medieval ways with Wales,Northumbria,London,England,Scotland and a bunch of raider factions just come into existence

    (it would also be cool to hear "Its a long way to Tipperary" as a fallout song

    submitted by /u/Ghost_On_Fire
    [link] [comments]

    Raul and ED-E is such a powerful duo in New Vegas.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 09:03 PM PST

    Both on their own provide insane benefits but together they make worrying about durability a non-factor.

    The fact that Raul gives you a 50% reduction in durability loss for BOTH armor and weapons the moment he joins your party is crazy enough as it is, but 75% when you make him give up being a gun for hire is pretty much busted.

    Couple that with ED-E being able to repair your weapon by 25% for free and you have a duo that's made to make any weapon you want last.

    Just having Raul alone in your group makes Elijah's LAER last significantly longer than normal when it's SUPPOSED to be brittle as a drawback on it's absurd damage output.

    I'm surprised people don't talk more about this particular duo in New Vegas.

    submitted by /u/SlinGnBulletS
    [link] [comments]

    I survived everything

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 03:50 AM PST

    Raiders, Muties, Ghouls, Synths, everything. Then I tripped over a dead Brahmin and died.

    Gotta love Survival Mode.

    submitted by /u/popelpete
    [link] [comments]

    Would you prefer the return of skill points or a new skill/perk system?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 02:51 AM PST

    just asking cuz why not

    submitted by /u/AlkaliPineapple
    [link] [comments]

    Seriously screw super mutants and Coursers

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 12:35 AM PST

    So I'm playing fallout 4 and im doing a mission for p.a.m to kill a courser at the reeb marina and guess what the brotherhood and some super mutants decide to fight at a near by location and the fricken couser decides to kill the few super mutants the brotherhood left alive. so I think oh good they lower his health, nope he becomes invincible and I camt do any damage either so now im just waiting for the fight to end. wish me luck

    submitted by /u/NexusRaven7
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 1 and 3 have some similarities

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 01:34 AM PST

    1. Both main characters are just regular vault dwellers.

    2. They both get kicked out of the vault.

    3. Both are Searching for something.

    4. Both stories have to do with getting something water related.

    5. Both main characters can talk down the big bad villain (the master/eden) and can make them see the error of their ways and both villains commit die.

    6. Both main characters exiled from their vaults.

    7. Dogmeat.

    8. Goul city.

    submitted by /u/GoldFeatureExp
    [link] [comments]

    I made a Vault-Tec style background for my phone's lock screen

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 01:10 AM PST

    I was seeing posts floating around Reddit of the happiness chemicals and how to produce them. I wanted to make a phone background for my lock screen and when I got into Photoshop I found myself doing a Vault-Tec theme.

    I intentionally darkened the entire image to make the clock, calendar and other notifications easier to read. This is optimized for an iPhone 6S Plus.

    Check it out: https://imgur.com/x5mCmlj

    submitted by /u/localsurvey
    [link] [comments]

    Method to Madness (is causing me to go mad)

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 02:18 AM PST

    I completed the quest to the point where it says to open Dave's throneroom but theres no gear inside. There is only an itty bitty raider that gets onetapped.

    Did i do something wrong? i really want this gear but its not in there

    submitted by /u/Lycansubscribe
    [link] [comments]

    I am planning a Wilderness hike across the (irl) Mojave wasteland. What sights should I see? Also,what areas in New Vegas came from real life?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 07:45 AM PST

    I do plan on sharing photos,you know.

    But I'm taking a vacation in a few months. And during that time I am going on a trek in the Mojave Wasteland and the Utah desert.

    Yes! I have done similar activities before. So don't worry.

    But where? I don't think I will just happen across New Vegas related buildings. What places should I plan to see beforehand?

    submitted by /u/Hike_N_Forage_N_Live
    [link] [comments]

    Random prospector in Good Springs

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 04:13 AM PST

    I made a new character in New Vegas and I met a random prospector wearing metal armor infront of the store in Good Springs. She repaired my gear and sold some stuff and I was able to ask her join up with me. Then she started attacking a random farmer so I had to kill her. She wasn't hostile to anyone else. I'm so confused what was that? I've made several characters and there's never been a prospector there before

    submitted by /u/High_Goddess_Finelia
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout: Within - Teaser Trailer

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 04:40 PM PST

    We've spent the last few years working on this show.

    Here's the teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNvefnjt4_w

    submitted by /u/gage-allen
    [link] [comments]

    [FO2] What patches or mods should I download for the best experience?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 03:47 AM PST

    I've played it before, a few years ago, and want to have another run through but properly this time. What mods or patches are suggested?

    submitted by /u/apricotTuesday
    [link] [comments]

    'bout to start Fallout 2 for the first time after finishing Fallout 1. Am I in for a tasty treat, any advice?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 03:23 AM PST

    Which game has the best soundtrack to you in your opinion?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 11:15 PM PST

    For me it has to be fallout 3. The soundtrack really encompasses that post apocalyptic 40s vibe for me. I even have it downloaded on Spotify!

    submitted by /u/Mannimarco24
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4, Nexus Mod Manager, require assistance (help plz)

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 10:42 PM PST

    I have installed fallout 4 on a Seagate HHD Backup plus and Nexus Mod Manager doesn't recognize games on this. When scanning for games it just says " this game is installed on a drive with an unsuitable file position" It wont let me search for the mod path or anything. I believe it knows where the mod is but it just don't like where it is for some reason. My mod path for fallout 4 is D:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4. Why doesn't Nexus Mod Manager like this? If you have any more questions feel free to ask, this issue has been bugging me for some time now.

    submitted by /u/190081
    [link] [comments]

    Does this lost contain all matching major new vegas to real life correspondences? Im plotting a wildland hike and I want to visit all the major spots in an IRL adventure.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 05:32 PM PST

    Edit---Does this LIST! Please don't be foreshadowing

    https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/16203/what-parts-of-fallout-new-vegas-are-based-on-the-real-world/16209

    Link Above.

    Also. Not going into it willy nilly. Lots of food and water planning. And planning for local conditions.

    New Vegas sometimes tops my list of favorite games and it got me through a rough spell. Why not pay it some homage?

    submitted by /u/Hike_N_Forage_N_Live
    [link] [comments]

    First timer in Fallout 4

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 10:49 AM PST

    This is my first Fallout game. I've beaten most of the Elder Scroll series, so last night I finally decided to give the Fallout series a try. I played FO4 for about 40 minutes before heading to bed, deciding that this game is awesome, and that it will be my new time sink. I love Bethesda, and this games got a great story, but what really surprised me was the great gameplay and graphics on this 5 year old game. Its really responsive, and you have a great "feel of control" over the character & the first person shooting. Only 40 minutes and I was blown away, I'm excited.

    submitted by /u/KeronaBlaze
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Automatron dlc crashing the game on startup

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 02:08 AM PST

    I've recently installed all fallout 4 dlc s, but the game was crashing on startup nonstop, after some testing I found out that the Automatron dlc is the one crashing the game, and I can't understand why. Any help is welcome.

    submitted by /u/BussyMasteur69
    [link] [comments]

    How difficult would it be to port 76s map into Fallout 4?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 05:40 PM PST

    Since they both run on the Creation Engine, surely it would be possible?

    submitted by /u/Rustypipeleg
    [link] [comments]

    Which radio host is best? Trying to prove something to my friends.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 09:24 PM PST

    I would have made this a poll if community allowed it. Please type in chat!

    submitted by /u/SovietSalamander09
    [link] [comments]

    Looking at cyberpunk makes me wonder if a spin off of the fallout universe based in the future where the US and civilization around the world is restored but on shaky ground would be cool. Maybe the world would be some kind of cyberpunk with a 70s aesthetic.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 09:12 PM PST

    The fallout 4 vault dwellers survival guide is so awesome!

    Posted: 17 Nov 2020 02:10 PM PST

    I recently started my second play through of fallout 4 and just happened to come across a copy of the book at goodwill for 3 bucks in great condition! A lot of it is just stuff I know already, but it's genuinely helpful during quests and has some really neat stuff in it too!

    submitted by /u/_Truth_is_0ut_there_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment