• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 1, 2020

    Fallout | Moira brown’s quest was one of the most fun and interesting quests I’ve ever done.

    Fallout | Moira brown’s quest was one of the most fun and interesting quests I’ve ever done.


    Moira brown’s quest was one of the most fun and interesting quests I’ve ever done.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 11:00 AM PST

    There's just so many things that you can do for her, and speech options depending on your stats which eventually decide the bonus you receive at the end of the quest. Plus you get so many cool items.

    submitted by /u/Jynn05
    [link] [comments]

    [Theory] My thoughts on who/what the Mysterious Stranger is and everything we know about them.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 06:39 PM PST

    So we all know about the Mysterious Stranger in Fallout that would suddenly appear and disappear during VATS.

    What we know about them is that they are a tangible thing in the world. We know this in Fallout 1 and 2 where you can actually interact with them but they won't say much. They even acknowledge you when they come to assist you.

    Looks like you could use some assistance.

    Furthermore, they have a son who we encounter in New Vegas called the Lonesome Drifter who shares some details.

    The Courier: When did your father leave?

    The Lonesome Drifter: Long time ago, now. I never even knew him. Ma always said he was a mysterious feller, always traveling on in secret.

    Further remarks from the Drifter.

    The Courier: Your father abandoned you?

    The Lonesome Drifter: That he did. Never did know why. Ma always said he was a real mysterious feller, even when he was with her. Like he was a stranger sometimes.

    Furthermore, the Drifter was left with a magnum called the Mysterious Magnum by his father and when we equip it we quickly are confirmed his father is indeed the Mysterious Stranger.

    In cut content, it was revealed that is was planned that if you attempted to kill the Drifter in VATS, the Mysterious Stranger would instantly kill you instead if he appeared. Sadly, this was cut due to the time constraints the game suffered through in development.

    Anyway, we know others have seen the Stranger. We learn this in Fallout 4 through Nick Valentine who is investigating them. All throughout the US people have seen him suddenly appear and disappear. Also, the sightings detail the fact the Stranger wore different clothing, a nod to Fallout 1 and 2 which I will address when I toss in what I think the Stranger is.

    The Lone Wanderer of Fallout 3 also acknowledges the Stranger in Mothership Zeta when you are talking to Somah at the start to fight to lure the alien guards.

    Maybe, if we're lucky, a friend of mine will show up to help us.

    The most interesting thing that most don't seem to be aware of is the fact we know the Stranger has a name. It is Farmer. We learn this from the official game guide of Fallout 3, which also says some interesting things about them.

    You have a Guardian Angel, but with a deadly hand-cannon instead of wings. Meet the Mysterious Stranger, AKA real name- Farmer. An odd and eldritch entity said to appear and aid you in combat before you draw your dying breath. Of course, it helps if you have said a prayer to Farmer first.

    Interesting description. What I ultimately think what the Mysterious Stranger is is pretty much what the description above implies.

    I think the Stranger is from somewhere not here, a supernatural being capable of shapeshifting. We all know the supernatural exists in Fallout from psychics (Psykers), ghosts (Anna Winslow), and aliens.

    I believe the Stranger, or Farmer, came to the world from elsewhere to protect those that will do something important. Examples include the Vault Dweller stopping The Master to the Courier deciding the fate of multiple nations. I am sure they are not human since they are able to appear and disappear. Also, the Stranger has been around for years.

    The reason why Farmer appears different in the games is because Fallout 1 and 2 was them still finding their own personal identity before settling on the coat with a fedora and as a male human (sometimes appeared as a woman) for Fallout 3 and New Vegas before Farmer made additional changes to their facial features and not sporting a unique coat in Fallout 4.

    Now, I like to share what I think about the thing with his son. I believe the Mysterious Stranger wanted to be with someone but he had a major responsibility of protecting many people across the Wasteland. He sadly couldn't stay and he was always a "stranger" around likely to avoid further attachment and revealing he is something more, something foreign. We know he cares about his son if he was intended to kill you if you used VATS on the Drifter. He loved someone enough to have a son in the first place.

    Due to the description of "Guardian Angel", I believe the Mysterious Stranger is indeed a benevolent being, and likely from a race of other beings. I say this due to Miss Fortune who works the same way as the Mysterious Stranger.

    I don't know why I but I imagine the Mysterious Stranger as something like Nyarlathotep but a good version. In Fallout, there is cosmic beings such as The Interloper and Ug-Qualtoth.

    TL;DR I think the Mysterious Stranger is an extradimensional, shapeshifting being, and maybe he isn't the only one.

    So what are your thoughts? What do you think the Stranger (or Farmer) is?

    submitted by /u/Hope1820
    [link] [comments]

    FO4 Survival Mode is Rad (haha bad joke)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 10:29 AM PST

    Obligatory Street Cred Part

    I played the OG versions as a kid and was frustrated by the Children of Atom part in Fallout 1. It was unlike any other RPG experience at the time however. The different character builds were fascinating and different and your choices actually made a difference instead of just window dressing around linear plots and story lines. Didn't play FO Tactics at all and only got back into it when Fallout 3 was released. Even then I waited a year and got the GOTY edition for Christmas. Played around in Vault 111 for a bit, then put it down without much interest. Got a little drinky-drinky one night and made it out of the vault only to witness sunrise on the Capital Wasteland with what was left of the Capitol dome looming in the distance. At the time, I was living in Washington, DC, and it completely blew me away. I mean, my first date with my wife was a tour of the Capitol, we got engaged on top of the dome years later. That building is part of my life story. Being so familiar with the area only added to my enjoyment. New Vegas was great. Was super glitchy at first release, but again the GOTY edition saved the day. Fully enjoyed the DLC for both of them (although I still have not done Operation Anchorage or Mothership Zeta haha). Picked up Fallout 4 GOTY last year.

    Obligatory "I don't see why everyone hates Fallout 4 so much" Part

    4 is different, but it's still a good game in my unimportant opinion. The combat and inventory management side is much better. Building and crafting are cool I guess and the mechanics make it pretty easy. Haven't done all the DLC, but also haven't even finished the main story. However, the reason I haven't gotten into the main story stuff, while there is so much else to do, is just from a lack of emotional investment. Which is weird, because I became a father and would do unforgivable things if someone kidnapped my child.

    Survival Mode Part

    I love it. Only up to level 15 in it, but it's redefined how I play the game. Every tactical decision is critical and decisive. And while it can be ridiculously frustrating when you lose an hour of ranging to a random encounter with a rocket-launcher equipped Raider, the small wins are so much more satisfying. The feeling that you need to sneak around in the shadows to avoid detection or that every item you find is useful and valuable adds so much more gravitas to a game that felt very arcade-like in it's initial playthrough. At its essence, it is purity when it comes to survival games. Then again, on the other hand, it took me over an hour to clear the Corvega Factory, so it's going to be a long, tough slog ahead.

    TL:DR I like Fallout and survival mode for Fallout 4 is rad.

    submitted by /u/dcnudebeach
    [link] [comments]

    I'm not allowed in diamond city because I killed someone and I forgot to save beforehand

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 12:28 PM PST

    Is there any way I can wait it out?

    submitted by /u/beniboioioi
    [link] [comments]

    My Vault 83 Concept

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 01:25 AM PST

    Built outside of Pre-War Toronto, Vault 83 is a Vault in which all disputes are resolved through 1-1 Ice Hockey games centralized in the Atrium. In addition, the Vault door doesn't have a lock, nor does it have an access code. The duration of the stay in the Vault is 5 years. Any better conceptual ideas for this Vault?

    submitted by /u/Cpl_Hamknuckle
    [link] [comments]

    Another Fallout Tabletop, made to be accessable to newer and experienced tabletop gamers!! I hope you all enjoy!!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 12:07 AM PST

    https://deldraws19.tumblr.com/post/189991251937/falloutguidebookpdf
    Here's the rulebook and character sheets!! Have fun, and feel free to edit and expand on the ruleset however much you want!!

    submitted by /u/delredditer
    [link] [comments]

    The scariest enemy in New Vegas IRL

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 03:43 AM PST

    Cazadores. Why did it had to be Cazadores?

    submitted by /u/WeTheSummerKid
    [link] [comments]

    How does enemy spawning work in Fallout 3?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 11:17 PM PST

    So I've finally gotten around to playing this game in 2019 (I vaguely remember how hyped it was back in 2008, never got the chance to try it), and I'm really curious about the way enemies spawn in the game. I'm talking about natural spawning by the way, not through cheats. In my playthrough, I didn't encounter a single deathclaw until I was doing some of the main quest and went to vault 87 by travelling north from Girdershade. And after a while, I started encountering deathclaws randomly in the wild. So I assumed enemy encounters were just random, unlike in New Vegas where you would always find the same enemies in specific locations. But then when I decided to do the Nuka Cola Quantum quest and headed to Old Olney, I encountered nothing but deathclaws! So how does it work?

    submitted by /u/Fawful99
    [link] [comments]

    Are Fallout NV and Fallout 3 any good on Xbox one? Or am I better off just getting PSNow?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 12:28 AM PST

    I've never had a chance to fully play through fallout 3 or new Vegas, and I'm considering buying an Xbox one while they're on sale because they have backwards compatibility, but is it better performance wise than just using PSNow?

    submitted by /u/coby_eats_clowns
    [link] [comments]

    Robots dissapearing/lose their upgrades

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 04:08 AM PST

    I trasfered CURIE into a synth body and I regret it so I decided to create a new robot based on Mrs. Handy Curie. So I created that robot and gave her some upgrades, like gatling guns and flamethrowers in her arms. After some time I left her in Sanctuary, did some exploring without any companion and when I fast traveled back to Sanctuary she (made up CURIE) was just a protectron without any upgrades or personality. Does anyone know how to fix that?

    submitted by /u/KostasP13
    [link] [comments]

    If I enter the Sierra Army Depot, is the good Wright ending still available for New Reno?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 03:59 AM PST

    So, I'm trying to beat Fallout 2 again, this time with the most desireable ending. In my 20+ years of playing this game over and over again, I could barely ever get the for me best ending for New Reno, Vault City, and NCR conflict. NCR is pretty easy, just enforce negotiations between NCR and Vault 15. Super easy. But then the slimy motherfucker John Bishop comes and I never know how to get his plan exposed. And about New Reno, I want to get the ending where the Wright family turns the city civilised, but that recquires that they have the most power (you can drain the other families of their power if you kill their boss). Now, you see, there are two "Wright Power" endings, and one of them is acquired when you go into the Sierra Army Depot. My question is the following: can I still get the good ending for New Reno if I just enter the Sierra Army Depot but DON'T tell Orville about it, hereby never completing the quest, and not feeding the Wright family's hunger for power, and making them turn the city civilised with no enemies. Or is entering the Sierra Army Depot forbidden? The wiki tells me on one page that it's entering the Army Depot that triggers the evil Wright Power ending, and on the other page it tells me that it's just becoming the Made Man of the Wright family that makes them shoot up everyone. Can someone please help me? How the fuck do I save Vault City and New Reno?

    submitted by /u/LaochZeSchizo
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favourite bit of lore?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 03:41 PM PST

    Mine is that multiple people from the wasteland came from different countries, and I can't forget ronto

    submitted by /u/VaultDweller112
    [link] [comments]

    In Fallout New Vegas, is there any way for me to make peace with the Legion?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 02:57 AM PST

    I killed some of them early on in the game and I'm now vilified by the Legion and they keep sending people to kill me. Is there a way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/LTDToast
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4: Will survival debuffs allow 10+ SPECIAL stats?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 10:24 PM PST

    I'm wondering if using survival debuffs (like -1 perception from being thirsty) to gain 11 perception, by having 10 perception, being debuffed, and using the SPECIAL book. I know this works with most debuffs to achieve this so I'm curious if this applies to the survival debuffs as well :)

    submitted by /u/CitronRind
    [link] [comments]

    I am starting a sniper build in fallout 4 and i was wondering if i should use the hunting rifle or combat rifle, what do you think?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 11:03 AM PST

    How bad is the hacking in 76 really?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 01:27 AM PST

    Ive been wanting to play a great RPG for awhile now and all ive been playing was modded skyrim, fallout 4 is broken rn cause mods turned all my bushes bright purple. And fallout 76 is the only real breath of fresh air i have that i can install, i installed it when it first released, deleted it cause i was litterally killing myself to lower my rad lvls. Yes ik about the controversy in the game but i just want to experience something new. Ill redownload the outer worlds and give it a try too.

    On a side note- how buggy is it rn?

    submitted by /u/Enclave88
    [link] [comments]

    Shady Sands was in Nevada?!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 02:45 PM PST

    I was just looking at a map of Fallout's game world. It looks like Shady Sands is in what use to be Nevada, kind of funny it's the capital of New California Republic.

    submitted by /u/Bison256
    [link] [comments]

    Should the Fallout series be "darker"? Or rather would they be better with a darker gameplay

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:42 AM PST

    Purely an opinion piece, but I was watching someone play VR the other day and it was a very dark/horror environment that somehow made me think it would be PERFECT for the Fallout series. Admittedly I've never played Fallout 1 or 2 but what I have seen of the gameplay and theatrics, those were darker games. I wonder if Fallout 3/NV/4, hell even 76 would be better if the environment and general gameplay were darker.

    By darker I mean not only visuals, but the atmosphere. You have giant mutated green people, ghouls that want to rip your face off, etc and everything is so "cheery". I know there are locations in the games that are dark and all, but it just feels the game would be better served having a more overall dark tone. I dunno

    submitted by /u/steeldawg84
    [link] [comments]

    I need some help.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 09:00 PM PST

    Can anyone tell me where the flat woods monster spawns most often? It's the last cryptid I need for the world challenge.

    submitted by /u/Wolfdude560
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4's Survival Mode. Is it good or bad? I ask because I want to try it but from what I've read I'm having reservations.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:59 PM PST

    So I've played Fallout 4 a lot. I've never beaten it because I always get distracted with side stuff to the point where I'm bored with the game and stop playing. I want to try Survival because I hope it will spice it up enough to encourage me to beat the game. But a few things are giving me pause for thought.

    One the lack of fast travel. Now I'm not saying I can't handle a hike through the wasteland. In fact I know full well exploration is where you get your money's worth with a Bethesda RPG. It's just that coupled with the increase in combat difficulty, the new status effects, and settlement management and defending I'm concerned it will become to irritating for me. I am aware of Vertibird's but I'm mainly worried about the early game stages.

    Second is the aforementioned new status effects. Now I've beaten New Vegas on it's survival mode. So I'm no stranger to thirst, sleep deprivation, and hunger. But I know full well 4's survival mode is more complicated than that.

    Also Happy New Year Fallout subreddit!

    submitted by /u/TheGameMerchant
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite piece of apearal/armor in any of the Fallout games?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 06:26 PM PST

    My personal favorite is Lincolns hat from Fallout 3. It may not have much tactical value, but by god it make me look good.

    submitted by /u/Stranger_Lemon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment