• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 3, 2020

    Fallout | I made a New Vegas inspired playlist featuring the original soundtrack plus new tracks that capture the spirit of the game (89 songs total)

    Fallout | I made a New Vegas inspired playlist featuring the original soundtrack plus new tracks that capture the spirit of the game (89 songs total)


    I made a New Vegas inspired playlist featuring the original soundtrack plus new tracks that capture the spirit of the game (89 songs total)

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    I worked really hard on this and I hope you enjoy. I made sure to avoid too many overplayed songs from this era but included enough hits to make it enjoyable. This playlist features 89 hits and hidden gems from 1943-65 from country & western, big band music, crooners, to 50's and early 60's pop hits. Please leave feedback so I can make it better and be sure to give it a listen- thanks

    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1oNxG3f3ryfbtf4shnm28c?si=zrKW1Y1DSv2IWjQdDIRKyw

    Edit: u/kclo4 has made a YouTube Playlist of the songs for those who don't have Spotify

    submitted by /u/anothershitposter2
    [link] [comments]

    [Fallout 4] Jason Statham joins the Wasteland!

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    Why did they remove *lovemaking* as a semi-prominent feature in fo4?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    In fallout 2 and NV there was plenty of lovemaking and didn't show any bits in appropriate for children but did add to the adult and mature theme of the game, without it being a happy-go-lucky fun adventure for the family like fo4 seems to be on that topic, I personally loved trying to romance people in NV just for the sake of the achievement but felt it made the world seem more real, like the brothel in the northern Vegas settlement or the dancers in gammora, the wasteland is a harsh place and people do what they can to get by, which wouldn't be limited to killing since not everyone is a trained merc or a godly protagonist, fo3 has limited mention with silver and the girl at moritarty's saloon but I felt like it should be a rare but present feature to add to the mature theme of the game, of course you have the companion romance which I do like and magnolia, but NV really showed the harshness of the wasteland and also the non companion romance that could develop in it, also to make a point clear, I'm not talking about characters having lovemaking just for the sake of it, I'm talking about either charming someone in game that's not a companion or main character, or having a character that turns to it out of necessity like joana from NV which added depth beyond just her profession and made her seem very human

    submitted by /u/brisingrxm2
    [link] [comments]

    I made a fallout 4 background

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    i made a new background on wallpaper engine if you guys want to check it liks here:

    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2210058016

    submitted by /u/panther109
    [link] [comments]

    Drunk 21 year old reviews Fallout 4

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    First of all I am not hating on Fallout 4, I will be stating the good and bad of the game. Let us proceed.

    "War, war never changes"

    Fallout 4 is the 7th? 8th addition to the series I think. It was released worldwide on November 10, 2015 for the PS4, Xbox, and PC. It cost 60 USD.

    Da Good:

    Fallout 4 has some amazing combat, I feel like I am actually using a gun compared to the stiff over reliant on vats combat of New Vegas and 3. The combat

    was made by the guys who worked on doom and it really shows. The combat feels fluid and the gunplay is awesome so good job guys you did swell.

    Another good thing is the AWESOME gun customization. You can add all sorts of wacky and wild attachments to guns so you can make the starting pistol overpowered or

    focus on leveling a really high level gun and make you an unstoppable killing machine. It adds a reason to actually pick up the random junk in the wastes

    instead of it being a prop or set piece. This is also prevalent in the power armor customization so you can add things like inbuilt stealth boys, increase

    special, give yourself Boones perk and even more, it is satisfying. Makes the flow of player leveling feel nice as well.

    The power armor of 4 is seriously improved as well. In the old games you needed power armor training and it was just regular high level gear. In 4 the power

    armor is like an actual vehicle. You have reduced movement speed but you have a huge amount of protection and overall is very fun to use. I find it hard to

    explain so you will have to play it yourself to see what I mean. As a balancing act you need to use fusion cores to power the armor (haha) and they drain

    overtime so you need to use the power wisely. It is also the only stuff in the game that degrades and you repair it at a special workbench

    My next point is gonna have to be the world of fallout 4. Bethesda are usually good at developing stories and crafting amazing worlds, and it really shines

    here. When I am exploring Boston and the rest of the map I feel really immersed, it feels like I am in an actual city and the locations are awesome.

    The visual storytelling is great and the world is beautifully crafted.

    4 also enhanced the UI and quality of life. You are able to play games on your pipboy and some being actually really fun like the grognack game. They

    added the inbuilt grenade hotkey so you would throw it like it is a COD game and STIMS HAVE A CUSTOM ANIMATION. They nailed the animation and the game looks

    really good by Bethesda standards.

    The final topic I would like to touch is the settlement building. While quite basic it is pretty satisfying, I didn't get much enjoyment out of it but I am not good with micromanagement so eh. I could easily see someone having fun with this. You can have like 30 different settlements so there is a lot of replayability as well as being able to set up trade routes so you can provide everywhere to the commonwealth. Not so complicated it's impossible to learn, and not to basic so its boring.

    Da Bad:

    First and foremost Fallout 4's writing is laughably bad. It basically recycles Fallout 3s story and reverses the roles. The game expects me to be able to care about Shaun and my wife when I've only seen them for 5 fucking minutes. That is NOT how you invest someone in a character. The 4 "Factions" lead you to believe that they have a moral complexity and you would get to explore it through dialogue but nope it's a cuckold. The characters are shallow as hell I never gave a damn about a single one of them. It uses simple plot devices I expect to see in a FNAF fanfic not a professional team of writers.

    You know what NOT to do in your Role Playing Game? Take away the Role Playing. Fallout 4 has next to NO roleplayability. Your story is set, there is little room for divergence. I can criticize 3 for not being good at having roleplaying but at least it had the karma system so I got to make a little choice. I can't approach situations from multiple angles like I used to be able to. It is a narrow one way road. The removal of skill points means no more skill checks and makes character builds or roleplaying as a specific character even harder.

    The dialogue makes oblivion NPCs look like Harvard grads. Every Dialogue box is either

    A. Ask for money but yes

    B. Yes

    C. Sarcastic but yes

    D. No (Do it anyway)

    There are no skill checks so I can't really choose how my character acts so it is just 3 or 4 flavors of yes, Bethesda boasts huge amounts of dialogue but it's all garbage. "Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle".

    The voiced protagonist is fucking terrible, he is monotone and not in a good way like Cr1tikal but in a bad way. He is so mediocre and as well takes away from roleplaying. Having a protagonist being voiced takes away time from actual good dialogue.

    The side quests aren't good and no amount of convincing will tell me otherwise. They are all "Go here shoot thing" now you can say this about new vegas but oftentimes they offer more ways to do the objective and interesting stories. I only liked 2 quests. Last Flight of the USS Constitution, and the silver shroud. Both offer diverging paths and one has skill checks "woah so hard".

    I know I am gonna be called a bandwagon hater or an Obsidian cock rider but that is my honest opinion. Fallout 4 plays more like a borderlands esque shooter looter than a RPG.

    Please acknowledge this is my subjective opinion and I have nothing against anyone who enjoys Fallout 4, instead of downvoting leave a comment and we can discuss the review and debate or something. (also if anyone has noticed a spelling error or has some grammar corrections please tell me I will edit it) Peace out wastelanders.

    submitted by /u/User_not_
    [link] [comments]

    Eed help for Fallout 1

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 03:56 AM PDT

    I killed all members of Cathedral and i want go to the room behind those big monitors but i have failed lockpick or blow the door. Have i a chance to get in that room?

    submitted by /u/ismailcem01
    [link] [comments]

    In The Pitt DLC, Ronto is a place mentioned by Ashur, I believe that place is Toronto.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    Of course that leads up the question. A Fallout based in Toronto, USA?

    submitted by /u/wantafuckinglimerick
    [link] [comments]

    Automatrons turn hostile.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 01:04 AM PDT

    Whenever I build an automatron they turn hostile against my settlers. I've tried rebuilding the workbench, going to another settlement, loading up an older save, closing out of the game. Nothing works. And I need to build Jezebel to progress through the story. Why is this happening and how do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/ratboy181
    [link] [comments]

    Pink glowing effect on enemies and settlers

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    So randomly I've just been getting this pink glow around enemies and settlers I don't know what's causing it(fallout 4)[so problem solved my companion was having Berry mentats every time we got into a fight ]

    submitted by /u/scrap__team
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to hang weapons in a wall?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 12:06 AM PDT

    Hey fellow vault dwellers, I'm trying to make my room in The Castle look cooler by adding some accessories, I want to hang up a really cool Rifle I have and I was wondering how I hang weapons up. Is it a mod?

    submitted by /u/CompleteCountry1
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 ps5 support

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    Do you think the ps5 will get an upgraded Fallout 4 that runs at 60 fps? I feel like the game would be more fun if it played at 60 fps.

    submitted by /u/CyberJokerWTF
    [link] [comments]

    What fallout 4 companion did you most grow attached to?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    In Defense of Preston Garvey

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    Brainstorming non-vault backstories

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    So, a lot of fallout fans are a little tired of the whole player character coming from a nice safe vault into the big scary wasteland thing, but, the player character needs to know next to nothing about the world so that we as players can reasonably ask questions about the world and learn how it works. Now, currently the only two workarounds in the games are fallout 2's "town so isolated it was almost a vault" and New Vegas's ever classic "amnesia". So, we need more ideas for other possible fish-out-of-water origins. Here are mine:

    -You're a slave who was transported far away from their home region to some new place, and you escape at the beginning without knowing anything about the world and have to figure it out as you go along. (This one would be my choice)

    -You're a scout from some distant faction like the Minutemen or the NCR, trying to figure out what's going on in a previously unexplored area.

    -Maybe you were part of a trade caravan, similarly to the scout bit, and your caravan was destroyed and you're the only survivor. (maybe you meet another survivor later though or something)

    What have you guys got?

    submitted by /u/ThorgilsBoomer
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone want to share their Nuka World red rocket settlement build? Looking for some inspiration!

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    [XB1] H: trades W: tattered field jacket or traveling leather coat

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    BE hunting rifle 2*

    Fancy pump shotgun

    B25 lever 2*

    B33 lever 2*

    B4040 bone club

    Berserkers explosive fmswa fixer

    B power attack pole hook 2*

    Tse 15rld black powder rifle

    Bloody 50vc 25 laser pistol

    Quad 33 15vats gamma gun

    Two shot 50vc 25 10mm smg

    Chameleon sent 1s raider LL

    Chameleon cav 1s marine RA

    AA 33 15rld minigun

    Instigating 50vc 90 hunting rifle

    Chameleon sneak rad resist trapper LA

    Regenerating sent ap trapper RL

    Instigating fss fire axe 2*

    AA ffr AR

    AA 33 AR

    Berserkers explosive .50 2*

    Executioners 25 90 lever action

    Executioners 50vc 25 radium rifle

    Furious fss cultist dagger 2*

    Furious explosive .44 2*

    Instigating fss sledgehammer 2*

    Bolstering htd 1 intelligence light combat LL

    Bolstering awr poison resist FSA LA

    Bolstering sent disease resist robot CP

    bolstering rfd disease resist FSA LA

    Weightless wwr 1 perception marine RA

    submitted by /u/StunningFee4867
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout Faction Map?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    Does anyone have a good or even proven map of the factions in the fallout universe?

    Building a scenario in age of civilization 2 of the fallout world in 2302 but can't find many pieces of the US map with the various factions cause they kinda over lap in werid ways

    Can y'all help?

    submitted by /u/Wardenclyffe-2302
    [link] [comments]

    [Fallout 4] Diamond City residents keep attacking me for no reason.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    I don't know what I did to piss them off. I didn't kill anyone in the city and yet, after a short while of being in DC, everyone starts to shoot at me and I reload to a save before I entered. It stopped temporarily when I had to boost the DCR signal for the Institute, but now all the residents attack me whenever I stay for a little while in DC. Has anyone experienced this and how do I make it stop?

    submitted by /u/TheCrowsNestTV
    [link] [comments]

    My three homes, please judge them!

    Posted: 03 Sep 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    Is Tale of Two Wastelands a good way to play through the entirety of Fallout 3 and New Vegas?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    I havent played Faloout 3 and New Vegas in several years and I've decided to do a playthorough of them again.

    submitted by /u/Knightrius
    [link] [comments]

    In the fallout verse, does each bottle cap have equal value? and are bottle caps from companies that are not nuka cola (Vim) used?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    Nuka cola has too many goddamned flavors so I was wondering if caps from bottles like quantum have a higher value and if caps from vim and sunset are even used as a currency

    submitted by /u/zetahood343
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 problem

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    Why does my 10mm pistol do 2 damage and the security baton do 1??? This isnt right, right?

    Edit: I loaded a previous save and now my characters black

    submitted by /u/bruhh148282
    [link] [comments]

    Military presence

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    After starting yet another fallout 4 play-through (yes scandalous, I know), I noticed that there are military vehicles in sanctuary before the bombs even fall, and this is such a minor question that I can't really find anything from looking it up. If you think about it, I guess there were military vehicles already in concord too, and I'm just wondering why they were even there before the bombs fell?

    submitted by /u/Alibis-Alibi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment