• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 7, 2020

    Fallout | Things my non-gamer partner has done in fallout 4

    Fallout | Things my non-gamer partner has done in fallout 4


    Things my non-gamer partner has done in fallout 4

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    • couldn't remember the name of the BoS so they are just calling them the "Bird Police"

    • ignored basically the entire story to help the minute men

    • I am legend'd theirself in every settlement with manikins, forgets they've done this and thinks their settlements are super full

    • will only ever use dogmeat as a companion

    • has made an entire melee character and laughs maniacally when chopping up people with a Lucky machete

    • eats Mirelurks omelets infront of Mirelurks to assert dominance

    • can't pronounce synths edit; they have called them Scythe, sink, Seth, cis/sis, seats, seers, siths, sifts, shifts, shwifts, squints and simps.

    • walked around the same building for ten minutes, I don't know what they were trying to do

    • uses mines as point blank grenades

    • instead of looting things up that are just outside of the settlement zone, they pick them up to bring them into the settlement to dismantle them.

    • only parks one set of power armor, the rest are just standing around settlements

    • puts land mines at NPC's feet before interacting with them because "it's easier than fighting them"

    I'll add more later as they do more stuff

    submitted by /u/Fifteen_inches
    [link] [comments]

    The reason I'll NEVER side against the brotherhood in FO4

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    They've got a cat in the Prydwen! How sad would that be if I had to blow it up?!

    submitted by /u/Wyvernzs
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas is downloading

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    I've wanted to play this game for so long and just wanted to share the news

    Edit: it ended up not being able to download idk why but it's not

    submitted by /u/bigmong112
    [link] [comments]

    Cryptids should be explored/used way more in the Fallout series.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    I feel like 76 definitely got me wanting a bunch of urban legend style creatures in Fallout way more than before. (Mothman best creature).

    submitted by /u/TurtleFaggo
    [link] [comments]

    I think the NCR uniform is based off the 19th century Indian khaki uniform, which would also make sense because Aradesh, who founded the NCR, was descendent from India. Perhaps when tasked to design the outfit, he decided to take inspiration from his heritage!

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    I think that we should go to the moon in Fallout 5. Here's why.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    First of all, let me tell you where all this comes from. The mural in the museum of Freedom. Go ahead. Take a look.

    Oh, and this is what the plaque underneath says for those that forgot:

    This mural commemorates the many sacrifices of the brave men and women of the United States Armed Forces.

    From Lexington and Concord to the shores of Iwo Jima, from the Sea of Tranquility to the Anchorage Front Line, Americans have fought and died through the ages to secure our nation's freedom.

    May their sacrifices remind us all that freedom is a privilege afforded to the many, yet hard won by a noble few.

    The sea of tranquility is actually a location on our moon. Apparently, there was a battle fought up there, but I haven't seen a lot of mention about it anywhere other than the plaque. It's easily the coolest thing I learned in one of Fallout's museums, though. All the way to the very right of the mural, you'll see some cool Space-age fighter jets, an astronaut in an armored spacesuit with some sort of energy weapon, some rockets, and a space capsule. This isn't even the first time that the Fallout games have teased space travel, though. Not even close.

    For example:

    -The entire mothership Zeta DLC in Fallout 3

    -The Repconn test facility in Fallout New Vegas, where the Bright Brotherhood launch manned rockets to God knows where.

    -Fallout 4's Arcjet thrusters that can be found in Arcjet's headquarters, bolted onto the USS Constitution and just left lying about In the middle of Nowhere.

    -The entire Galactic zone of Nuka World.

    -Fallout 76's Valiant Space Station that had crash-landed into Appalachia and was then turned into a settlement.

    There is even a wiki page with more satellites and spacecraft mentioned in Fallout Here.

    All I'm saying is that there are a ton of things just laying about that the average wastelander can use for space-travel should they get creative enough. One of my dreams is that the next Fallout game introduces a sort of moon-based DLC, or hell maybe even main quest with a map as lovingly detailed as Solsteim or Far Harbor.

    Here are some things that could be easily found up there.

    -An abandoned Chinese or soviet moon base,

    -Solar flares and meteor showers to replace weather, and add hazards for the player to avoid.

    -An Enclave/ Vault-Tec base

    -A decayed battlefield full of corpses and High tech space weaponry.

    -A small Alien colony. It would be even cooler if they were also an interactive faction. They could be Zetans or even another species.

    -Surviving astronauts (Imagine the conversations a wastelander could have with a moon man)

    -Unique mutant abominations bred as an FEV experiment for new moon life.

    -New spacesuit power armors. These could have a new entry animation similar to how astronauts enter actual Spacesuits: A door in the back. This could be done instead of using vanilla models, which would leave enough seams for the entire suit to break in half and wouldn't be fit for the vacuum of space. Hell, give Space armor the unique ability to use multiple fusion cores at a time to run multiple high tech systems in the backpack, and even jack energy weapons into the suit's power supply for a damage/ ammo boost.

    Unique Space Armors could include:

    -The Aegis Prototype: A suit with a shield projector made to resist space debris, extreme heat, and enemy fire. It could be nearly invincible when fully charged, but would drain core energy faster than any other power suit. It could also talk to the player like the Sneaky Stealth Suit from the big MT. Informing them about core charge, and shield integrity.

    -The long-range deployment prototype: A Spacesuit with a jetpack that runs on its own fusion core. It could allow the player to fly as long as the second core had a charge. This would make it easier to explore the game world (If it takes place in a mountainous area, or a city full of skyscrapers)

    The moon could also have:

    -Interesting lore opportunities to explain the history of moon travel, attempted colonization, and eventual war over the moon's resources.

    -Places to mine new, useful materials.

    -The return of factions like the Hubologists, The Bright Brotherhood, and the Enclave's space program.

    - Space stations equipped with powerful gear, or even another Orbital drop weapon.

    - Extremely advanced robots that are in charge of maintaining the space stations. These robots could be the type to develop sentience after all the decades spent in space without human interference. They could even be a new faction.

    -A storyline about how Mankind's lust for war turned even the most exciting frontier of human history into just another desolate warzone. ( because war, war never changes.)

    Honestly, the stage has been set for years to go onto the moon. Fallout is a world where you can find crashed spaceships, functioning spaceships, and even god damn aliens!

    Besides, we all know that there are people with the know-how, and resources go up there anyway. The institute would have scientists left alive even if you blew it up sky high, the Brotherhood of Steel had been salvaging tech ever since the bombs fell, who knows if they have a broken-down space shuttle in their tech reserves somewhere? Let's not also forget the Hubologists, who are actively looking for any way into space possible, and the Bright Brotherhood, who were implied to have actually visited space, but had to land back in Novac for some reason. (This goes without mentioning that The Lone Wanderer is probably still running around with an alien mothership somewhere.)

    *Sigh*, that's all I've got. Rant over. I love how Bethesda designs its space-age stuff, so if that is what they decide to implement in Fallout 5, then I'll have enough happiness to get me through the 2020s.

    What do y'all think? Do you want the same thing? What would you add to a moon DLC? Or do you think that there shouldn't be one for some reason?

    submitted by /u/chucklebot3000
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to change your character in New Vegas after you leave goodsprings?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    I just got the rebreather and i've always loved how it looks but in this playthrough it looks terrible because of the way my normal guy looks. Can I change my appearance?

    submitted by /u/blakejustice2005
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to Get into Fallout 1.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    A long while ago I had attempted to play the original Fallout, and I didn't have anything against it or anything, but I felt so lost. I know the game is old, and was obviously developed around a lack of hand holding, but it's sort of daunting, and just makes it hard to get into, any ideas of how to have a better time with the game? I'm really in need of something new to play, and always wanted to play the classic Fallout games.

    submitted by /u/Vanwilmington
    [link] [comments]

    Encrypted BoS radio transmission

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    Hello, everyone!

    Different Brotherhood of Steel assets has been datamined from the PTS of Fallout 76. Among these files 5 encrypted radio messages were uncovered of which 4 has so far been decrypted. Unfortunately message 3 has proven very difficult to solve and so we ask for assistance. All the radio signals are Lost Hills attempting to contact the First Expeditionary Force en route to Appalachia.

    A spectrograph of the audio file:

    senotsw di s e aiisestsps eresaleoaote i i mne c irch epdrlidbcinmea w daFeLtse.rtpdoaFr hi iarreroyEes.Sbswemtntst ohrat hisipaenpdpuemte. cwemnrmp e ohmmsontfnutetsio tmnbeu,FtEdtayre eyord re oia son al oncoso gtct.Aoleooehn oSv -u.sarpsi xiir c,i LHt eodPrt1maeci osieu oinmwee feMisibdor-at ial okodetf aRmo e brfu.losairnsiss aesrdisxein o srbre ooeo gnmsnaetihmual rtr oincnegncdcnlu e.Ho eg etFEtyes-hc i grnt poe o s ertbNng Porre basyc erpoFiedtcnii ssmtfalokd ern Mea

    submitted by /u/alex3494
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to play 1 & 2 without a PC?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    I'm definitely a console gamer just because I love being able to play games on the couch, I could never do the whole desk thing, and as much as I love fallout, I'm definitely not getting a PC just for 1 & 2. I have a laptop that could maybe run it. I just don't feel like a true fan having not played the first two games.

    submitted by /u/cooliosis13
    [link] [comments]

    How many more Fallout games do you think are possible?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 10:56 PM PDT

    You can only go so far in time until it's just not post-apocalyptic or even post post-apocalyptic anymore. Progression will happen within time. The Super Mutants won't be a threat forever. Look at wolves, bears and lynx in the UK, there isn't any. Radscorpions won't be a threat forever. Cities will drive them away. Only a certain amount of games can be released until normalcy is reached due to the natural progression of time. That's the problem with this setting, it can't stay like that forever.

    submitted by /u/ToesyToeNails
    [link] [comments]

    How can I make New Vegas (on console) feel more like a survival game?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    The main issue I have is the map is just too small. Everything is in close proximity to each other. I'm never desperate for anything because I can just walk for 5 minutes and it's there. Doesn't help that Camp McCarren is right in the middle of the map either, so purified water is effortless to find. The struggle is non-existent.

    submitted by /u/CoffeeSlutt
    [link] [comments]

    My rules for when im playing fallout 4

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    Fallout 4 is my fave game, and i have certain rules that i always adhere to. 1) dont attack settlers. 2) only use Dogmeat, unless you are unlocking dialogue. 3) Fuck the brotherhood. 4) fuck the institute. 5) disregard 2 when you get Cait. 6) make sanctuary your main base. 7) disregard 1 if they annoy you. 8) always save before disregarding 1. 9) try and be a good person. 10) if 9 fails, kill them all, then load to before you interact with people. 11) murder is ok if nobody sees it. 12) help the minutemen and the railroad as much as possible. 13) accept synth Shaun. he may not be the original, but he is still your son. What rules do you lot play by?

    submitted by /u/Mike_McTavish
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas or fallout 3 first?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    Both games are on sale and I've never played a fallout game before so I don't know which one to choose to play first.

    submitted by /u/JonathanLoyal
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve beat most of the game from a save so long ago and I want to do more. (SPOILERS)

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    I'm posted up in farm dalton that I turned into a water fort in survival in far harbour from a save that's almost 3 years old and I come back to every now and then. I've completed all of the story and am a sentinel in the brotherhood of steel and have also blown up the submarine in far harbour.

    I am getting sick of the BOS and know I can shoot them down with the minute men. Is it too late to do this? And if not how can it be accomplished? Thank you

    submitted by /u/Monkeey_nuts
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been trying for the last half-an-hour to pass the red charisma check at Vault 81 but I can’t. I have 2 Charisma. What am I doing wrong?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    What are your least favorite aspects of any Fallout game?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    What aspects of Fallout games don't you like? Be it a piece of lore, a faction, a quest, something that affects gameplay, a character, anything... Let's keep this thread negative, friends, but let's also stay civil!

    submitted by /u/PanVidla
    [link] [comments]

    When do I “see,” the broken steel perks?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    I'm new here, is this allowed?!

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    I'm new to actually using Reddit even though I've had an account forever (I could never get useto the forum style interface).

    Annnyway, is it okay to post a Fallout digital painting I made here or is that not allowed. Do I just stick to the Art pages. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/LBG44
    [link] [comments]

    I'm disappointed with the Nuka World dead Raiders ending.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    So for the first time in any of my playthroughs I've decided to do the exact opposite of what everybody else always does and killed the Raider gangs. It seems to me that all ive managed to do is make Nuka world fucking boring. I thought that the Traders would become another faction like the Raiders were and would have anti Raider missions or something more than just standing around sweeping and working the market stalls but I guess it was just too complicated for bugthesda to have good writing.

    submitted by /u/PapadinDanse
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Far Harbor

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    It was actually a pretty fun DLC. Some things I loved:

    Main quest. It flowed nicely and allowed you to see all sides of the island. I especially enjoyed the dialogue with DIMA where he kinda gaslights you into thinking you're a synth. I opted for all factions having peace as I finished the main storyline quest and wanted no more deaths. I also think none of the factions deserved to be eradicated. Plus, Tektus was clearly feared by the Children of Atom and was becoming more extremist by the day.

    I loved how tough some of the enemies were. In commonwealth, it was easy just to mow people down. Here it was a little of the same, but some enemies like the angler actually made me work.

    I enjoyed Vim Pop factory a lot and I love their power armor.

    The Vault murder mystery quest was hilarious and completely unexpected.

    I liked how it's still relatively ambiguous (in universe) that Kasumi is a synth.

    Overall, can't really find any complaints. I did a railroad playthrough but seeing how DiMA just thought that a kill and replace for Far Harbor plus two genocidal options were just a walk in the park made me wonder if maybe the Brotherhood had the right idea.

    I also thought it was fascinating how, if you opted for it, DiMA was willing to atone for his actions. Many times, you catch someone and they rush to kill you. Very unusual in video games for someone to atone.

    The Children of Atom we're finally humanized in this game. I think a lot of them play up to this 'Almighty Atom' just so they don't get killed by Tektus.

    I found the Far Harbor quests to be kind of boring though. Was hard to relate, though mariner's quest line was good if not tragic.

    Question: why are there never female trappers?

    submitted by /u/Judetruth92
    [link] [comments]

    Weapon crafting at workbenches from a plan

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    Newb here. I found a weapon plan to craft at a workbench and have learnt it but I can see it to craft at the workbench. Am I dong something wrong?

    submitted by /u/A_Brave_Lad
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 1 Mantises

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    These fucking things might give me an aneurism, they're like the arbiters of destruction in this game. These bug shits take down entire fucking caravans and tank shot gun blasts to the brain. It's become clear the nukes weren't what wiped out humanity, it was these little green bastards.

    submitted by /u/TheSupremeFailure
    [link] [comments]

    So I’ve beet the game..Now What?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    So just a week ago I kicked the Institutes ass with the Minutemen and I'm trying to find some new fun side quests. I have already started messing around with the settlement mode, the dlcs and a variety of Lore friendly mods so I'm cleared on that. Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks! :)

    submitted by /u/MacAndChezItz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment