• Breaking News

    Monday, April 27, 2020

    Fallout 3 | My Game is Unplayable and I've Tried Every Fix I Can Find

    Fallout 3 | My Game is Unplayable and I've Tried Every Fix I Can Find


    My Game is Unplayable and I've Tried Every Fix I Can Find

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    I'm at my wits end, I can get the launch to start and I can start a new game, but as soon as the intro movie begins there is no audio whatsoever and as soon the cutscene for the birth scene starts the FPS drops to an unplayable level. I originally had this issue with vanilla Fallout 3 from Steam but uninstalled it got GOTY from Steam instead with exactly the same results.

    I've already tried:

    - Editing the INI files (including multicore fix and an audio fix)

    - Updated Unofficial Patch downloaded

    - K-Lite download so that Windows Media Player is the default for .ogg and .mp3 (although I don't really understand codecs)

    - Verifying the integrity of the game cache

    - Mods Editor downloaded - with FOSE and the GFWLDisabler, Loot, FO3Edit and Wrye Flash (Following GamerPoets)

    - There might be other things but I can't remember off the top of my head

    I'm running Windows 10 1903 on ASUS ROG Strix GL503, Intel i5 7300 @ 2.5GHz, 8GB RAM,

    NVIDIA GeForce 1050 GTX graphics

    EDIT: I've tried launching the game with compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 1, 2, 3, Windows 7 & 8. I've got the game audio settings turned up to max

    UPDATE: I've tried with GOG, I get exactly the same issue.

    submitted by /u/OwObearhug
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment