• Breaking News

    Friday, March 27, 2020

    Fallout | Lost my 15yr old son to Suicide....Fallout was our game. Thanks for the memories and bonding Bethesda

    Fallout | Lost my 15yr old son to Suicide....Fallout was our game. Thanks for the memories and bonding Bethesda


    Lost my 15yr old son to Suicide....Fallout was our game. Thanks for the memories and bonding Bethesda

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    Lost my son two weeks ago...

    Two weeks ago my 15 year old son killed himself. I want to thank this community and Bethesda for the memories I have of playing Fallout 76 and Fallout 4. I will always treasure this game although I can't bring myself to play right now.

    Does anyone know how I could make a mini nuke into an urn? Or any ideas to make a something from Fallout into an urn?

    Lastly, I just want to say thank you all for being an amazing community. Ad Victorium

    **Hijacking my post to say that I am overwhelmed by all the love and support from our little corner of the internet. I had hoped that maybe one of the Bethesda team would see it and smile, that another user might have an idea for the urn. You guys have showered my family and I with offers to print, send, or build his urn. More than I can count have offered their condolences and offered an ear to talk. I was feeling quite alone this morning when I posted this. It feels good to pay homage to my boy and know that this is one wasteland I don't have to go at alone. Thank you all. **

    submitted by /u/ProstheticMedic
    [link] [comments]

    I had an epiphany while playing Fallout today.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    I spent my full 6 hour work day today debugging a program that had been lazily put together about a week prior. It was a very frustrating process but eventually got it to an acceptable state.

    I then came home and decided to wind down and relax by playing some Fallout 4.

    I was going through the Nuka World DLC when I came across a bug that kept my quest from progressing to the next stage. I spent a good hour fiddling with console commands and various fixes.

    After an hour of frustration, I decided to just go through the quest on a different route to get past the problem. Doing so got me to ANOTHER bug that prevented the quest from progressing. When I looked up any possible fixes for this one I found someone saying to "go through the quest the other way"

    Which for me was still bugged.

    Then I realized playing one of my favorite games had devolved into doing Bethesda's debugging for them.

    Virtually the same thing I had been doing all day before coming home.

    God help me.

    submitted by /u/im_omid
    [link] [comments]

    (FNV) I absolutely love how powerful the hunting rifle is.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    I don't play with many mods so I am talking about the vanilla hunting rifle.

    I honestly love how powerful the hunting rifle is on Very Easy, I just love seeing NCR soldiers go flying as I pull the trigger

    submitted by /u/FH4Chief
    [link] [comments]

    Do we still need the "Outerworlds isnt related" Post pinned?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    Its been how long since that post was made?

    Theres a subreddit already made for the game, and I think people know better. are we really that insecure about 76 being so bad or something? whats the deal? Imagine being any other subreddit and going "we are the streetfighter subreddit so dont post about tekken" its obvious but nobody else needs to be told that. especially this far along. bethesda run this subreddit or something? in which case, Hi, I totally loved how playable and unbuggy your last....every game has been.

    submitted by /u/deshfyre
    [link] [comments]

    The NCR's cut content

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    How was there not a chain reaction of nuclear explosions on the highway every time someone crashed in Pre-War America?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Seriously, those things explode if you look at them the wrong way. A 20 car pile-up would make the interstate look like Hiroshima.

    submitted by /u/AgencyFB
    [link] [comments]

    Any ideas or tips on what to do on Fallout 4?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    Probably been posted before but essentially I've played the game a few times and I've always got a habit of completing the story too quick every time and I've become quite bored of it, anyone got any tips on places to go, certain quests to do or mods to download to keep the game fresh?

    submitted by /u/Scxtt08
    [link] [comments]

    I’m looking for a nice new Vegas build! Suggestions?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    New Vegas is pretty frustrating.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    So I've ran into 2 bugs so far in Fallout NV in about 40 hours total play time.

    The bugs in question are:

    I get stuck in vats for about 30 seconds or until whatever I'm fighting kills me.

    My inventory disappears leaving me with a single item for a few seconds. Bad if during a fight obviously.

    So in 40 hours of New Vegas I've experienced more game issues than with like 200 hours on Fallout 3. The biggest bug I've ran into on 3 was the roof glitch in The Pitt.

    These bugs have been more frequent since I started Honest Hearts if that's a factor for anything.

    submitted by /u/saltycw-reddit
    [link] [comments]

    I found four early game fusion cores in One Ammo box in Fallout 4

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    I found four early game fusion cores in One Ammo box in Fallout 4 Btw you need to pick an advanced lock and also the fusion cores are in concord go into the speakeasy and Walk up stairs and look to the first Door to the Left. Pick the advanced lock and in that room there is an ammo box look at it and inside are 4 fusion cores.

    submitted by /u/FalloutBoi123
    [link] [comments]

    Question Around The Courier Dusters from Lonesone Road

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 05:57 AM PDT

    Specific, if I have enough reputation to get the NCR or Legion Duster, but them nuke then at the end would that stop me from getting one or the other.

    submitted by /u/ja927074
    [link] [comments]

    [Issue] my fallout 4 vault 88 dwellers are mysteriously dying off one by one.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    I recently finished actually building vault 88, although I've been coming back every once in a while to try and get the benevolent leader trophy. However, sometimes when I return, one of my dwellers will have been killed. The first one was near a weight lifting bench, and the second was found in the middle of the farm section, despite, if I remember correctly, working in a shop all the way across the vault. Why is this happening, and can I fix it? Also, if I cannot fix it, will it have a major impact on the vault's overall happiness?

    Edit: upon further inspection, the first victim would appear to have been a random farmer, and the second worked at the phoropter

    submitted by /u/VoopityScoop
    [link] [comments]

    How to properly escape The Glow from Fallout 1 with over 5000 rads!

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    I was finished looting the glow and tried to leave the area. I instantly died due to radiation poisoning. I tried everything to continue my game and almost lost hope. That was, until I discovered first aid kits. If you use them with rad poisoning, you can actually escape the glow with a thousands of rad poisoning. Do not install sketchy mods or make a new game, just use first aid kits. They are found in the glow, so use them to escape! I know its probably late since the games been out for 23 years, but to any current players, just use the first aid kits!!!

    submitted by /u/COLON3LMOB
    [link] [comments]

    Settlement happiness stopped going up

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    My settlement reached 99 happiness and now the arrow is gone and it won't increase any more. I have 2 people, 6 food, 6 water, 15 defence and 5 beds at red rocket. One settler is assigned to food and the other is assigned to a level 3 clinic. I've placed a ton of paintings but it won't go up. What am I missing?

    submitted by /u/Keaton525
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76's Wastelanders is delayed and Bethesda adapts to working from home

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    The Wastelanders update has been pushed back by a week and will be released on the 14th of April instead of the 7th of April.

    Fallout 76 will also be available on steam on the 14th of April alongside the Wastelanders update.

    submitted by /u/Gamezogg
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 5: Please Bethesda, make it dark and gritty.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    TLDR: Opinion piece, Fallout 5 should be dark and gritty, not campy and 50's i.e The 50's retrofuturism should be the backdrop, but it shouldn't be the highlight, you should see that height but be living in hell to survive.

    So I'm certain Fallout 5 has been beaten to death but I'm gonna double..quadruple..."wait how many...oh..okay its dead...okay".

    So, first let me start off by saying that I did enjoy Fo4 and never did take the plunge on 76' because my friends all talked me out of it at the time. That being said, I like most of you here have thousands of hours in Fo3, NV, Fo4 and a playthrough or two of Fo1 and Fo2.

    Fallout 4 isn't a bad game, it's actually quite an enjoyable game and compared to most of the other games that released right before or after, it was still leagues above other games, I think we can all agree that had it not carried the Fallout title to its name that for any other franchise, thats a blockbuster all day long, but that's just it. It didn't feel like Fallout to me.

    So what did Fallout 4 feel like to me? Well, to be honest it was to campy, to light-hearted, to much 50's retro-nostalgia and gimmicky tropes with a sprinkling of bright happy colors. Again, great game, just not a great Fallout game.

    Fallout should be dark, it should be cruel, it should kick you when you're down. It should have you duck-taped behind a bin getting kicked in the stomach while your buddy gets clapped right next to you. Fallout should tackle the horrors of mankind. Fallout isn't about Jukeboxes and Pompadours and Leather Jackets, or let me rephrase, it was that high, it was that enlightened lets go go atmosphere but you're not supposed to revel in that high.

    So what does that mean, am I saying you shouldn't enjoy retrofuturism of the 50's? No, it is in a way essential to the Fallout universe, but there is a difference in reveling in that atmosphere, and then exploring that atmosphere. See to me, Fallout has with every game under Bethesdas care strayed further and further away from what Fallout is, Fallout is a re-configuring, it's taking that retrofuturism high and tearing it apart, pulling back the blinds that hid its corrupt roots, then nuking all the good from the world, and then digging even further below. If Retrofuturism of any age, say what we believe 2100 or 2200 will look like is to us a an Absolute golden age, then reflect upon the anti-thesis to that Golden Age, and that is what Fallout is.

    We should have dilapidated, disgusting, ancient, grime and disease filled 50's dinners, they shouldn't be manned by some Dapper Dan Grease Lightning look alikes cut from a Movie-Cloth talking in 50's lingo. It should be filled with uncivil, barbaric, hate and drug addled brutes, carving up a kid for dinner on the dilapidated counter. That's Fallout. Dark, twisted, brutal. Apocalyptic.

    Don't get me wrong, I certainly enjoy comedy and feel no game can just be a dark kick in the balls 24/7, hell I liked the Detective for his humorous moments, even those his backstory was a bit fucked.

    But for every Doowap-Beebop "do the twist" 50's moment of campy silly 50's jingle moment derived as a byproduct of the games foundation, I'd have much rather seen that broken down, gutted, destroyed, burning, disease and dust filled, and then have some of the darkest, coldest Sci-Fi Apocalyptic shit injected straight into it.

    I want a Fallout that makes me question my humanity, I want a Fallout that gives me the spooks to go into a old basement, I want Fallout that makes my stomach churn at the thought.

    submitted by /u/JayTrim
    [link] [comments]

    Silly question, but fo you prefer Fallout 3 or 4 Mirelurks? I guess we can also throw Lakelurks in the mix since they're pretty much just a reskin of the FO3 Mirelurk King.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    On the back exit of hardware town when doing the quest painting the town behind a truck are two raiders having a rather funny conversation.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    I had it all described but the auto thingy took down it so I'm pretty upset about that so here you go.

    submitted by /u/Mythoslime545
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on kellog mission

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    I am on Reunions mission and I have killed Kellogg, When you kill him you pick up his brain piece and you need to speak with valentine in his office / Piper in hers. I have piper and valentine both at a settlement and I have no way of starting Act 2 . Any suggestions on what to do?

    submitted by /u/TommyScoot2
    [link] [comments]

    Gary? Gary?! Gaaaaaaaary?!

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    Bethesda Have Delayed Fallout 76 Wastelanders Major Update by a Week due to COVID-19 Pandemic

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    Bethesda has transitioned to remote work as a safety measure against the pandemic. This switch has affected the studio's ability to do final testing on the update, and as such, the Wastelanders update has been delayed by a week to April 14. Read more......

    submitted by /u/henrybillions
    [link] [comments]

    The Great North and a nuclear blast!

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    How would you guys feel about a fallout Alaska or Canada? Not much is talked about Canada, excluding the Ronto references, and I feel a fallout based in either Alaska or Canada would be rather fun. Give us some new lore and more of the terrible things America and company did to the people there, personal favorite lore bits. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Colonelzamzar
    [link] [comments]

    What Year and Setting do you guys think the new fallout game will take place?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    Am I the only one who doesn’t like Durability on weapons

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    I've played fallout 4 a lot it was the first fallout of actually ever played so you can imagine my surprise when I played fallout 3 and found out about weapon durability it prized me heavily I didn't like the feature But I can understand why people do it adds challenge and gives you more of an apocalyptic feel

    submitted by /u/demonboy3968
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment