• Breaking News

    Friday, November 15, 2019

    Fallout | New Player, Tips for Survival Mode

    Fallout | New Player, Tips for Survival Mode


    New Player, Tips for Survival Mode

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 04:43 AM PST

    Haven't played a Fallout game yet. I know, I know I'm a little late to the party. Just finished Outer World's on Supernova and loved it. I like survival games so I figured I'd give Fallout 4 a try. Any tips for new players? PS - why is survival mode in games set to a hardcore difficulty? Why can't we have a normal or hard mode for survival?

    submitted by /u/DeviLettuce
    [link] [comments]

    TIL When you freeze a ghoul using cryogenic grenades, there is a chance for them to shatter or blowup into bits.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:53 PM PST

    Just a cool detail that I noticed in the game. Unfortunately, humans are not subjected to this same detail. Super Mutants don't seem affected at all by cyro grenades. Not sure about Synths

    submitted by /u/Ektalan
    [link] [comments]

    Why did Fallout New Vegas have so much cut content?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 03:09 PM PST

    I've been watching the channel "Alternative Gaming Channel", who uses mods to restore a lot of cut content. A lot of this stuff I pretty minor, and I don't know what lengths these mod authors went to in order to restore this content, but a lot of it seems so minor, such as simple lines of dialogue. Like a character telling you he was once friends with Nephi before he went mad.

    I know the game had a mega small development time of 18 months, and the fact that they made my 3rd favourite game of all time in just 18 months is beyond incredible, but a lot of cut stuff seems pretty simple. Stuff like Mr House berating you as you rush to kill him, and Securitrons handing out obituaries when you successfully do. You used to be able to talk to all the Fiends you blast away for that bounty quest. Driver Nephi, Cook-Cook and, um, the lady with the dogs.

    Is there any particular reason for some of this cut content. Like I said, I'm not sure how much effort was put into restoring this content, but the files must've been there, so why not just put them in?

    submitted by /u/FuggenBaxterd
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4: Any suggestions for my supply line hub

    Posted: 15 Nov 2019 02:10 AM PST

    I need help deciding where my supply line centre should be, my top places are Sunshine tidings co-op and have robots as the provisioners since there's robots there already. Sanctuary since it's the first settlement you get and Preston and his group are there. Bunker hill since that's in the centre of the map. Or The Castle because that's the Minutemen HQ and I can role play that the minutemen supply and protect all the settlements. I know this is a silly thing to ask but I would really like your suggestions please.

    submitted by /u/liamkimberley2580
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else just stop?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 11:22 PM PST

    I stuck to the main story in Fallout 4 and found out reasonably early into it that there was multiple endings depending on which faction you sided with. This bugged me with Skyrim as it locked off entire quest lines permanently unless you've got a backup save which doesn't fit with my play style.

    Anyway, I finally get to the part in the game where you get to the institute and find Shaun and then... That was the main quest over for me. I had done what I originally intended to do and track down both my wife's killer and my lost child so my characters story was done.

    I'd only just started with the railroad to really be invested, the institute didn't seem to need me, the minutemen were, well, the minutemen and I'd not visited with the BOS at all. Knowing those quests would ultimately lock me out from the others made me not want to bother with any of them so instead, I just wandered the land.

    Anyone else do the same?

    submitted by /u/Silent_Palpatine
    [link] [comments]

    Is the molecular level the last quest before all factions become hostile?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:32 PM PST

    I have just started the molecular level quest and I was wondering is this the last quest before other factions become hostile? I havent even set up a single Mila and I was hoping to get as far as I can with all factions before ending the game. Also How do I start blind betrayal quest? Do you have any advice before I choose a faction? And am I at the end of the game?

    submitted by /u/ZioIsOnReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout Tabletop Game

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:25 PM PST

    A couple friends and I are working on converting Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition into a fallout tabletop system. The game currently plays about the same as 5e, with some notable changes, and runs quite similarly to the original Fallout games produced by Black Isle studios. Would anyone be interested in looking at the basic rules we've created, and maybe give us some suggestions?

    submitted by /u/cofeecaesar
    [link] [comments]

    So, fallout 4 released 5 days and 4 years ago. What is your genuine opinion about it now?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2019 12:11 AM PST

    Honestly back then, even if bethesda released the greatest open world rpg shooter game of all time it still couldn't have surpassed all the hype. The DLC's were meh except for 3 of them, automaton, FAH HABAH, and nuka cola world but even the best among those didn't give me the satisfaction the skyrim DLC's had.

    submitted by /u/FullHD_hunter
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the season pass for fallout 4 so expensive on the PlayStation store?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 10:42 PM PST

    I wanted to replay fallout 4 and went to redownload it and realized I didn't have the dlc anymore (it was game shared previously) so I go on the Psn store and it's 50$! It's even more expensive than the base game itself. Does anyone know where to find it for cheaper or am I screwed?

    submitted by /u/almightypanda
    [link] [comments]

    My game has home black! What’s happened?!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 08:14 PM PST

    I've posted before. I'm new to gaming (49F). I am playing on my son's old Xbox 360. I bought Fallout 3, Game of the Year Edition. I was playing. I am level 8, almost to 9. I swam down and got into the bow outside Pinkerton's lab. I accidentally went through the door back to River City when nothing happened. It started to auto save and nothing ever changed. Just a black screen. I turned the box off and restarted. I was able to select me, go to Fallout, Fallout loaded, it asked if I wanted to continue and I said yes. Same black screen. I turned it off, went back through the same steps but loaded previous save, which is before I jumped off the ship. Same black screen.

    Where did my game go?! What's happened?! I don't have Xbox live. Is all my progress lost? I'm seriously trying not to cry. I'm not very good at walking and shooting. This has literally taken me forever to get where I am. I will be crushed if I've lost it all.

    What to do?

    submitted by /u/msscahlett
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76 advice

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:43 PM PST

    Ok ok ok, i know Fallout 76 does not have a good reputation and isn't exactly loved amongst the community at the moment, but recently i had gotten into the fallout games again and replayed 3, NV, and 4. I had never played 76 so i just recently the day bethesda began banning people got the game and i was wondering if anyone can give me any advice for farming for legendary items and advancing for luxuries such as power armor - any advice is welcomed and appreciated!

    submitted by /u/DaddyLoui
    [link] [comments]

    Is vanilla fallout 4 even worth it

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:05 PM PST

    Its been a long time since I've played a vanilla play through. Is it even really worth it?

    submitted by /u/Striker1005
    [link] [comments]

    tried hopping back on 76 andddd

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 06:47 AM PST

    remember why i hopped off 1)overencumbered with only like 5 guns little armor and little aid 2) enemies way too difficult 3) caps to travel 4) it's a game you need to put hours on hours in to finally have some fun 5)hardcore mode weather you want it or not

    just overall i feel like they paid all their attention to details and graphics and the map but very very little attention to gameplay, the gameplay is designed to make you buy their micro transactions and it's just such an L

    submitted by /u/vinnooo
    [link] [comments]

    Concord Deathclaw Mystery

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 07:13 PM PST

    Am I the only one who didn't face off with the Deathclaw in Concord? I've seen several gameplay videos and talked to players who said it should spawn in the same place at the same time in every playthrough in Concord, but I never saw it. I'm in my first playthrough, so I don't know if I just have a glitched session. I haven't seen it since passing through the empty and town a dozen times. Am I the only one that missed it?

    I forgot to mention something important; My game is on PS4.

    submitted by /u/flarezilla
    [link] [comments]

    For anyone that plays fallout 4. Can you help me?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 10:07 AM PST

    In fallout 4 I accidentally clicked the option to make cait go to a settlement. I clicked cancel and she went "alright." And then just dissapeared. Is there any option in the pip boy or perk that shows where your companions are?

    submitted by /u/ManxWarrior123
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 crashing on Goodneighbor quest

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 03:38 PM PST

    The game keeps crashing when I try to do the quest you get from Whitechapel Charlie where you clear out the 3 warehouses. Ill enter the warehouse and shoot and few guys, then it crashes. I'm just wondering if this is a known issue? Or if it is most likely something on my end. I'm on PS4. I'm just worried this might become an issue with more quests.

    submitted by /u/WomenAreQueens1999
    [link] [comments]

    Best New Vegas DLC? (Potential Spoilers)

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 11:37 AM PST

    Title kinda says it all, but which of the four New Vegas DLC's was your favorite? I enjoyed them all but for me nothing will ever top Honest Hearts in terms of characters, quests, and new gear.

    submitted by /u/NSch21
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else found the sons of anarchy Easter egg?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2019 01:23 AM PST

    One save to rule them all!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 04:19 PM PST

    I have a Fallout 4 save that i have over 11 Days and 2 hours on (264 Hrs), and i haven't beaten the game yet ( i go through the campaign slowly) and i'm not stopping any time soon! Is this weird? I see everywhere where people make a new save after only 30+ hours in their old save...why? You never get anywhere if you keep restarting! I have tried making other saves and even playing survival, but i never found it that fun, so i always kept returning to my first save i ever made... i have an amazing sanctuary settlement at this point! But seriously, why restart? Maybe this is a dumb question, but i'm curious.

    submitted by /u/Draglorr
    [link] [comments]

    (Prolly been done before) What is your favorite Vault-Tec Vault?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 10:33 AM PST

    Mine has to be either Vault 11, 22, or 87.

    submitted by /u/Maxusthebeast
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Episode #1 - War Never Changes

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 08:03 PM PST

    My take on the situation: legit in-game proof that Shaun/Father is not your son, the "synth" boy is

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 11:41 PM PST

    I've had this on my mind and wanted to talk about it. I haven't played the game in months so bear with me.

    When we go through the recent flashbacks of Kellogg with your actual son (the kid who was the same age of the "synth" you meet in the Institute), in one of the radio stations you hear them discussing how Piper just got kicked out of her hometown for slandering the mayor. As you all remember, that's how the game begins if you decide to go to the town first (you meet her cuz she literally just got banished basically). It was never on any radio stations that you normally listen to, so the game literally specifically added that to the flashback, meaning that Shaun is actually still a boy, and Father is just a sick fucking bastard who abducted your son and forced him to sit still and shut up when you show up.

    Sorry for my long and obnoxious rant, it's just late and on my mind for some reason.

    submitted by /u/blackkatz713
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an old radio mod for Fallout 4

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:23 PM PST

    It was a mod that replaced radio freedom, it had "mama, he treats your daughter mean" on it and other songs as well that I can't remember (helpful, I know)

    it's not let freedom swing or rhythm and blues radio but I really want to find it! If anyone knows what mod that sounds like then please say! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/-GeneralDerp-
    [link] [comments]

    FO4: Plymouth Republic Concepts

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 12:36 PM PST

    Hey all,

    I'm looking to get a direction for a Fallout 4 playthrough.

    Brief Background, Skip Over for Question

    In this scenario, the Sole Survivor completes the main quest with his own faction of sycophants, known as the Plymouth Republic. The man known as Nathan Wolfe wakes in the year 2287, and embarks on a quest to find and slay Kellogg and hopefully find his son.

    He is successful, but learns that his son is the head of a shadow organization responsible for a swathe of human rights violations. He leaves and for several days he wanders with Dogmeat, festering on the state of the Wasteland. Tired of wandering, he settles at a settlement TBD and establishes a city known as New Phoenicia. This is later bastardized, and Wolfe earns a reputation as The Phoenix. Many flock to his city, and with metaphorical positive kicks from Valentine, Piper, Hancock, Garvey, MacCready, Cait, Curie, and Deacon, he becomes leader of The Plymouth Republic, which attempts to bring peace to the Wasteland through a mixture of pacification, humanitarianism and protection.

    The Question/TLDR

    Given that the Brotherhood of Steel is comprised of knights/Paladins, the Minutemen have typical ranks, and the Railroad are all special forces, id like to have a theme for my character's faction, The Plymouth Republic. I'm thinking Viking/saxon/medieval Europe, with guards having hunting rifles, machetes, and spike armor.

    It's a sea-faring and water-dominant country (that's how they make their caps), so what other themes should I approach for The Plymouth Republic?

    Still TLDR

    Best wasteland seafaring theme for a mildly militaristic republic? I'm thinking Vikings.

    submitted by /u/Wolfe49
    [link] [comments]

    Why to blame Bethesda?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2019 02:20 AM PST

    I really don't get it.

    I've been playing Fallout games for 2 years and only played 3, NV and 4. It seems to me that Bethesda changed their gameplay and dynamics through their last release and also never changed buggy gameplay.

    However, isn't it their intentional choice to change the franchise this way?

    Maybe they made rpg elements worse through their releases, but is it only thing they did to the franchise?

    Please enlighten me, I don't get why Bethesda deserves that much outrage.

    submitted by /u/kangaksucul
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment