• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 19, 2019

    Fallout | Am I the only one who enjoys the settlment building in Fallout 4?

    Fallout | Am I the only one who enjoys the settlment building in Fallout 4?


    Am I the only one who enjoys the settlment building in Fallout 4?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    I know a lot of people ram the game for focusing too much of the settlment building rather than presetablished towns and quests. And while I agree there should be more quests and towns, I do genuinely enjoy building settlements and watching them grow from a hamlet to a center of commerce and civilization. Am I alone on this cause I don't see anyone mention it or anything.

    submitted by /u/Oaksworth1
    [link] [comments]

    Where the hell did these people sleep?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 05:13 AM PDT

    In sanctuary hills there's several houses without bedrooms, for example the house with the workbench, there's only a kitchen, a living room, an office, and a bathroom, so where the hell did these people sleep?

    submitted by /u/bookDJnr1
    [link] [comments]

    Red Rocket Stop - Fan art I just finished (3D render)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 09:54 AM PDT

    In search of New Vegas meme

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    Hey guys , I'm looking for this story board meme about how Caesars Legion is terrible at there jobs. does anyone have it on hand?

    Please and thank you all

    submitted by /u/Mc96
    [link] [comments]

    What level should I be in survival to enter far harbor without getting my ass beat!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 04:19 PM PDT

    Please bro

    submitted by /u/nibbamcgee
    [link] [comments]

    Of all the factions throughout the universe who would you pick to support?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 01:23 PM PDT

    I REALLY like the enclave, they have highly advanced tech, they have a standing military, but look at their actions, killing or attempting to kill every wastelander so it's just them? That's why I choose to support the NCR, they attempt to rebuild no matter the conditions, they're filled with people of all kinds, they may not be as high tech as the enclave, but at least they have a science branch (OSI) and are building a nation in the image of the old. Those are my thoughts anyway, what factions do you support throughout the whole universe?

    submitted by /u/Benjirules2001
    [link] [comments]

    If nothing really changes is it still a choice?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 07:55 AM PDT

    If an action has no real consequense is it still a meaningful choice?

    This is a question I've been pondering in regards to the Fallout series and people's individual opinion of what does and doesn't constitute and RPG. I had a rather brief talk with another user about what they consider meaningful choices in the fallout games. They specifically highlighted the option to nuke Megaton City in Fallout 3 and how it is a meaningful choice that doesn't really exist Fallout 4 according to them. To sum up their reasons why it is such a big change:

    • It removes a city
    • You lose all the vendors in the city
    • You lose access to Moria's multi part Wasteland Surival Quest line
    • Moria becomes a ghoul and wonders the area showing up in places like the Underworld.

    Which would be good examples of meaningful choices and consequences save for:

    • You can complete Moria's Wasteland Survival Guide first before you nuke the town.
    • You get access to the Tenpenny Tower vendors which offer the same services.
    • You still have access to Underworld and Rivet City as vendor locations
    • Even if you are trying to offload a ton of items all you have to do is sleep or wait like 3 days for their inventories to update and restore caps. With a full inventory reset every 7 days.

    What ever you lose your gain in equal amounts with Tenpenny Tower. So is that really a meaningful choice with consequences if all that really changes is which location you fast travel to? To me at least this is really no different then Costco going from selling a 6 pack of 1.5L bottles of coke to selling a 12 pack of 1.25L bottles of coke. Yea there is a slight difference in over all total amount but it is still all the same soda and still fills the cup up the same amount.

    Another example they brought up in regards to Fallout 4 is with the Nuka World DLC. If you sided with the Minutemen at the end of the game and then decide to become the Over Boss the Minutemen faction doesn't become aggressive towards you. Preston will no longer talk to you and the settlements you attack will turn hostile and Minutemen will defend the settlements and attack you. Which to be fair this is a legitimate over sight as the raiders and Minutemen are polar opposites.

    However this same issue appears in New Vegas with the Lonesome Road DLC. As you are given the option to nuke both an NCR and Legion town and get access to extra goodies from those nuked areas. The result is that the faction karma is suppose to be set to the absolute lowest and they will send people after you.

    However if you complete the quest before confronting Benny your Legion karma will be reset once you talk to Vulpes. And/Or if you complete the quest before starting the NCR quest Things That Go Boom your karma is reset once you speak to Ambassador Crooker.

    This gives you a pretty big open loop hole to max out the rewards while dealing with none of the consequences if you still want to do a Legion or NCR ending or simply do not want to have to deal with one group or both groups trying to kill you.

    Now I don't know about thier opinion on this because their last reply only focused on Megaton City. But given how they were more then willing to give Interplay/Black Isle and Obsidian all the slack they could ask for on lore but gave Bethesda all the slack of a hang man's noose. So I think I can come to a fairly close conclusion to how they would have responded.

    But what do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/gothpunkboy89
    [link] [comments]

    Duplicating Saves

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 02:37 AM PDT

    Hi, I play Fallout 4 on PC and I got to a point in my game where I decided I want to have two different characters with the same progress. So my progress is saved to both characters but on one character I choose a faction and on the other character I choose another faction.

    Basically I want to copy the progress of one character to a different character so I can keep my progress on both but choose different paths to go on each. (I really hope you understood what I've said because tbh it confuses me)

    If anyone knows anything I could do I'd love that so much! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/SS_Auc3
    [link] [comments]

    Vault Tec emerges

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 12:08 AM PDT

    Anyone else wonder if there will ever be a Vault-Tec Enemy faction. One would think they would have made a big Vault for themselves to hide in while scattering a ton of experimental vaults.

    submitted by /u/Adrios1
    [link] [comments]

    Missing Landmarks?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 12:45 AM PDT

    For those in a real world analog of a FO location (Mojave, Capital WL, Commonwealth, West California, and all the DLC locations) what is something/somewhere iconic or noteworthy that was missing from that map/location?

    submitted by /u/mongrilrazgriz
    [link] [comments]

    Real life Power Armor?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 01:31 AM PDT

    What if power armor exist in real world?Let's say German is trying to create PA not Nuclear in WW2,USA win and get all German's tech.What will happen next?Will cold war become more bloody?Will most of country use PA?Or else?

    submitted by /u/GrimsonRanger
    [link] [comments]

    Most interesting fallout character?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 09:49 PM PDT

    Please explain character's lore (if possible) and why is that character among the most interesting ones in your opinion.

    submitted by /u/TheLoneNight21
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to trade on Xbox one

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    I have 4500 wood scrap that I want to trade or sell. I will take guns or caps or both what ever you want to do. Let me know

    submitted by /u/Thegamingginger2004
    [link] [comments]

    What's your weirdest piece of headcannon in any fallout?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:20 AM PDT

    Since I was a kid and I started playing these games I really got into the actual "role playing" part and I enjoyed coming up with stories for my character in my head. But the one I always revert back to is that the Courier in the Mojave is actually the Lone Wanderer having left the wasteland. I normally play these games as an asshole with extremely bad karma, so in my head the Lone Wanderer went a bit nuts after his father died, and after I kill pretty much the entire wasteland systematically (still doing pretty much all of the important quests and collecting all the unique weapons and armor) and then the Lone wanderer just decides to leave and live a quiet life as a courier in the Mojave, as far away from his old life as he can get. Them the dude gets shot in the head again and says "fuck it" and decides to pick up where he left off on his rampage through America as the new overlord of New Vegas. I honestly have played these games so many different ways and so many different times, but being an evil bastards like this is by far the most fun.

    submitted by /u/The_Courier2281
    [link] [comments]

    8 hours of Fallout music for your everyday needs

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:09 AM PDT

    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2Jh4HW5Bai5xdmFpyGbaL6?si=LCMENScRTgy2Kf7ungm0kA

    I compiled this Spotify playlist of 40s music and songs from the Fallout games. So now you can go through your life while feeling right back in the wasteland.

    submitted by /u/Guydo_
    [link] [comments]

    Command to Push synth retention forward?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 08:46 AM PDT

    So i did Synth retention and went to my quarters but it didn't register and X6 isn't there. I tried just putting in the command to complete the quest but that didn't work as when i return to father he just says "you should go see your quarters" anyone know how to fix this?

    EDIT: i just moved X6 to me using the console and it completed so im good

    submitted by /u/MyPantsOnFire31
    [link] [comments]

    How would the Fallout world look in the year 3077 ?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 11:33 PM PDT

    Custom Map of the El Paso Region

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 09:07 PM PDT

    A few years ago i remember reading a thread of someones pitch for Fallout 5 based in the El Paso texas region. I really enjoyed the pitch myself and decided to make something out of it at the time. I turned it into the theme for my Fallout Tabletop RPG campaign. While i never actually hosted the campaign bc i wouldve had to write up or heavily edit an existing rulebook, I found some of the content I made for the campaign again recently and thought I'd share.

    Here is my custom map of the El Paso-Juarez area. Feel free to discuss other locations that could be added if youre familiar with the area :D

    submitted by /u/Eblank3218
    [link] [comments]

    How often do you come across a severed head in fallout 3 that still blinks?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 07:32 PM PDT

    Spotted a dead raider and after I decapitated its head she still kept blinking. Creepy af.

    submitted by /u/FilthyNingen1994
    [link] [comments]

    If you were to eat a creature from Fallout, what would it be?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 05:52 PM PDT

    What creature would you try in the wasteland?

    submitted by /u/GloryOfficialMusic
    [link] [comments]

    Recently started playing fallout 3, and I have a question about ammo management

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 12:14 AM PDT

    How do u deal with the constant lack of ammunition? I managed to cope as far as galaxy news radio quests and several side quests (using Moria as my ammunitions vender) but after doing the fire ants all my guns are empty or broken and Moria isn't selling any of the ammunition I need anymore, what should I do?

    submitted by /u/1984_was_normal
    [link] [comments]

    Let’s talk, about the brotherhood.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 07:37 PM PDT

    I hate Elder Maxon. I was raised on Fo3 and haven't missed a single title yet, I even played that digital abortion known as 76 for just shy of a month before I came to my senses and quit, seeing it for the absolute "slow motion video of Trump eating a pie" level shit show that it was, The Brotherhood in New Vegas was just absolutely crazy, with father Elijah. That man was in my opinion one of the darkest characters the series has had to date, in his way. And Elder Maxon is a semi fascist racist (sees ghouls as sub human) and though I did really love how the factions weren't so obviously black and white anymore, I wanted the brotherhood to be a bastion of hope and righteousness like they were under Elder Lyons, may he Rest In Peace. I loved how he was truly just out to try and help the every day people struggling to survive. It really resonated with me. I know he wasn't out to save ghouls (in the Underworld, they mention the BoS don't actively invade them, but some of the soldiers do in fact try to shoot them on sight, and others just leave them be. It's not the best, but it's better than actively having orders to murder them all in a campaign of ethnic cleansing like elder maxon wants) but he truly is the best hope the Capital Wasteland has. What do you guys think? :)

    submitted by /u/DecembersLament
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 chrashing during prologue

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 11:46 PM PDT

    So I decided to buy fallout 4 yesterday, and after it finished downloading I decided to play it today. The problem is that I can't even get past the opening. The menu works fine, so did character creation, but then when I need to go to the vault, the game just crashed. No error, no nothing, just vanishes. I've looked online and there's nothing on this, so now I don't really know what to do. Does anyone know a way to do something about this, or should I just refund the game?

    submitted by /u/Swagnemite42
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment