• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 3, 2021

    Fallout | Fallout is my favorite game of all time. Been gaming since I could hold a controller. I’m 38 now. Nothing touches Fallout for me. Nothing.

    Fallout | Fallout is my favorite game of all time. Been gaming since I could hold a controller. I’m 38 now. Nothing touches Fallout for me. Nothing.


    Fallout is my favorite game of all time. Been gaming since I could hold a controller. I’m 38 now. Nothing touches Fallout for me. Nothing.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:17 PM PDT

    I unironically like Bethesda’s writing

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 01:15 PM PDT

    Fallout 4's story was very undeveloped but after playing 3 and experiencing the the main story of 76 and Wastelanders. I always got so engaged in the world, locations, factions, characters, and atmosphere. People complain that 3 wasn't dark which I literally can't understand. It was one of the most hopeless and cruel game worlds I've played through. Like an ever present looming sense of despair and death. Same thing with 76 too. Learning what happened through finding the evidence of once sprawling settlements made it feel like I was truly walking through a giant graveyard that went through extinction twice. Tell me I have bad taste or whatever, but I love the fallout games and stories that Bethesda produce.

    submitted by /u/ClaudiusTheNerd
    [link] [comments]

    Dead Money is Honestly the best location in Fallout from an Aesthetic, Gameplay and Storytelling Perspective

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    The Great Divide is a story of terrible tragedy. An up an coming place bringing a pocket of mankind back from the brink of extinction in a new and unforgiving world only to be snuffed out by a terrible accident. Old World Blues is delightfully weird while still conveying the price of pre-war America's jingoistic practices and the horrible atrocities that came with it. But neither can hold a candle to Dead Money.

    From the beginning, you are made to feel utterly helpless and alone. You are stripped of your weapons, your attire and even your agency as a player, forced to obey the fickle will of a madman to survive. From the moment he barks his mad orders at you, you're just itching to pay him back for every injury and humiliation he's heaped upon you.

    For many, this is the first time enemies are actually frightening in the game. Nothing in the Mojave is quite this terrifying or as lethal. What you kills stays dead, but not in the Sierra Madre. Every corner tells a story of tragedy, and every sound makes you fear for your life.

    The supporting characters are all unique and, at times, deeply frustrating. Dean Domino and Dog/God are both a piece of work to deal with, and Christine stands out as the only true friend and ally you can lean on in this terrible place, making saving her (for most players at least) an imperative goal.

    For me personally, I killed Dean Domino, Helped Dog and God come to peace together, and worked with Christine to enter the Vault to end Elijah once and for all. Dean was an unrepentant, spiteful man whose only concern was himself. I didn't appeal to his ego, nor bow to his narcissistic personality. I don't regret ending him, nor avenging those he had so happily wronged.

    Dog/God was a victim from the beginning. A fragile mind further abused by a madman. I can't say I was too fond of either personality, but I couldn't bring myself to kill someone so damaged without at least trying to help them. In the end, I'm glad I could help him find peace.

    As for Christine, my biggest regret was not being able to reunite her with Veronica. I'd hoped that having her as a companion may have given me the option to convince her to come back to the Mojave and find some happiness after such a traumatic nightmare. But upon returning to the penthouse, she was gone. And no matter how much I searched, I could never find her. Leaving her behind was easily the hardest thing I had to do.

    As for the Elijah, I made the Vault his tomb like so many others before me. Cruel, maybe. But I've always been a fan of poetic justice. I'm ashamed to admit that hearing his last, pleading words as I crossed the courtyard brought me some satisfaction. The empty threats and mad babbling were worth more to me than many of the treasures I left behind (Though I did not leave empty handed). Knowing that he'd never hurt anyone again was wonderful.

    When I got back to the bunker and reclaimed my ranger attire, I heard the last broadcast from the Sierra Madre. Maybe it was Christine, maybe it was the long dead Vera Keyes. Either way, it sent a chill up my spine. So I smashed the radio and left the bunker forever. It felt wrong to linger there having seen all I had and I needed to let go.

    Still now, years after I played it, I still remember the Sierra Madre. I remember how it made me feel and how much I was still thinking about it months after I'd finished the quest. Though New Vegas is a fantastic game as a whole, I don't think anything will ever eclipse this storyline.

    Despite never seeing the titular Sinclare and Vera Keyes, you feel sadness and pity for them despite having stepped over countless skeletons throughout the wasteland without a second thought. The location just bleeds sadness and despair, making you desperate for escape. But above all that, it calls on you as the player to just move on and let go.

    submitted by /u/RorschachtheMighty
    [link] [comments]

    Dear mods, why is there no Republic of Dave flair?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    When looking at the flair previews I see nothing for the best group in the game. This an outrage that Dave, his two wives, his 5 children, and Shawna are not represented.

    submitted by /u/EldritchPenguingod
    [link] [comments]

    Should there be a fallout NV remastered

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:13 PM PDT

    I wanna know what people think about this matter i personally think yes but i wanna see what other people think, pls comment what you think

    submitted by /u/Sunsetdriver87
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 should have given you voice options

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 11:31 AM PDT

    For like character creation, the voice that they have for each of the characters really doesn't fit with some of the characters you can make.

    Imagine being able to sound like the guy in diamond city who sells the baseball bats, or sounding very hispanic like Arturo.

    submitted by /u/dappernaut77
    [link] [comments]

    Overwhelmed by the sheer choice in fallout games

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 08:10 PM PDT

    Do y'all ever get overwhelmed by the sheer choice and possibilities in any fallout game? When I started fallout new Vegas, I had this innate fear I wasn't going to get through every mission offered or experience every ending for every quest line. To combat this, I have formed the deplorable habit of looking at the wiki instead of experiencing it for myself. I'm not sure how to get past it and just be okay with not getting to explore everything off the bat.

    submitted by /u/PurposeAny7360
    [link] [comments]

    I just realized that the way the regulators identity a "bounty" is completely flawed

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 06:05 PM PDT

    Not sure why it took me so long to actually realize this but you could basically kill the nicest person in the game and chop their finger off and they wouldn't know. Unless every single raider,enclave soldier,slaver,etc has a symbol on their finger that says bad guy.

    submitted by /u/mregg1549
    [link] [comments]

    Naughty Nightwear

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    In Fallout 3 Is it a good deed that I give lug nut the package, since he owns it?

    I'm not good at English

    submitted by /u/SatisfactionMobile71
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't Fallout 4/76 show your unequipped weapon on your back/hip like in Fallout 3?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 09:07 AM PDT

    As MXR Mods would say it, it feels more... immersive if you get to see your weapon on you person

    submitted by /u/SuperAlloyBerserker
    [link] [comments]

    OKB PS4 ERROR CODE *FIX*

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 02:44 AM PDT

    After many videos and Google searches some require a lot of effort to fix, some say "Power Cycle PS4" or "Delete and re-download everything" BUT I have found a way to fix it without deleting a single thing OR turning your PS4 off.

    -So you got the 0KB Message and your p!ssed because you spent 4hrs on your settlement or 3hrs traveling without saves to avoid it. So here's how to fix it on the spot -1. (If you Autosave move some steps forward then) Press "Options" then "Save" don't panic! It'll appear again. -2. Now press "Quit" it'll then make a "Quit-Save" Load. -3. Your game may freeze but no worries that just means your doing it right, now go ahead and close the game. -4. Re-open it and hit continue! -5. If it ever appears again just rinse and repeat!

    submitted by /u/Primus-Ultima
    [link] [comments]

    Would you like a Tactics 2 to have multiple campaigns?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 02:30 AM PDT

    So instead of a 22 mission BOS campaign, you'd say:

    Have a 5-6 mission long NCR Campaign.

    An equally long Legion campaign (Possibly about taking over the tribes in the backstory to New Vegas, ending with the first battle of Hoover Dam.)

    So it'd be a bit like Men of War in that each faction involved is playable in their own campaign. (And potentially DLC for future campaigns set in later-released Fallout games.)

    There could also potentially be an unlockable Operation Anchorage style pre-nuke campaign (though probably only a mission or two) which would stand-out by actually having rare pre-war stuff (Like Vehicles and Power Armor) being more common due to the nukes not dropping yet. (So it'd be the only campaign where you somewhat frequently face off against enemy vehicles and have to therefore be more careful.)

    submitted by /u/Samz707
    [link] [comments]

    Appreciation post for the Guards during the evacuation in the intro

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    I mean those dudes did not get on platform and save themselves. They just wanted to evacuate those people asap.

    submitted by /u/LoneWandererrrr
    [link] [comments]

    I've been designing fallout stickers for awhile now - thinking of putting out a pack of ~10 nuka cola variants - here's the first few (more in comments)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 06:50 PM PDT

    Someone to watch over me bug?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 10:28 PM PDT

    So I do the quest and all that and at the end I convince Alice to leave New Vegas and start her own life, but once I leave the house with her she falls dead to the ground, what the fuck, did she just kill herself??

    submitted by /u/Minimum-League-8485
    [link] [comments]

    The status of Fallout TV series from Amazon?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    It's been over a year since that was announced, and since then we've heard absolutely nothing. Literally zilch. To me, that sounds like it's been quietly shelved. What do you think? Unless there's been news that I have missed.

    submitted by /u/WackyJaber
    [link] [comments]

    What did you do to your Home Plate settlement?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 04:48 PM PDT

    Just looking for ideas for mine. It's a pain that it can't be linked to other settlements but it is what it is.

    I figure I'm just going to use it as a base of operations for my character. I've heard things like settlers accessing storage and the workshop and taking items out of it, so I figure Home Plate is basically going to be where I stash all of my weapons and armor, plus set up crafting stations.

    submitted by /u/UncleNoly
    [link] [comments]

    Well… I finally beat Fallout 4

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    All it took was a few weeks of little to do, GamePass, and whatever good faith Bethesda instilled in me from Skyrim for me to finally try it. And it was really great, maybe not objectively better than Skyrim, but a good supplement. It's the GTA to Skyrim's RDR.

    Now that everything's said and done, the Institute has been blown back to hell, my garage is filled with 5 shitty Power Armor suits as well as a kid, and the Brotherhood latest recruit achieved the highest honor possible after less than a month of service, I have one question for you all:

    Did you mercy-kill Shaun, or let him burn with the rest of the Institute?

    submitted by /u/YoungBeef03
    [link] [comments]

    what are y'alls favorite unmarked quests in fallout?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 01:06 AM PDT

    mine's the moonbeam one in fallout 3 just cause there's no indication that it's even a quest until you complete it. and the odds of you doing it completely organically are pretty low too. it's just a nice present for explorers.

    submitted by /u/No-Call1303
    [link] [comments]

    Price for fallout new Vegas ps4

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:58 PM PDT

    This is outrageous! I find it dumb that fallout new Vegas is 100 dollar on ps4, and they don't offer a disk, like they have a disk for PS3 and Xbox and such but not ps4, and like you can spend 20 30 bucks on another fallout... But it's new vegas.

    submitted by /u/Former-Leather4891
    [link] [comments]

    How is the grind in Fallout 76?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:37 AM PDT

    I wanted to give 76 another try after I just saw a few video on how much it has improved over the years, but was worried that the game will be a grindfest just like most MMO nowadays.

    How bad is the grind? It is necessary to grind if I want to experience most of the exploring and story content?

    submitted by /u/randomperson_xxx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment