• Breaking News

    Monday, June 28, 2021

    Fallout | Super Mutants don’t need to be in Every. Single. Game.

    Fallout | Super Mutants don’t need to be in Every. Single. Game.


    Super Mutants don’t need to be in Every. Single. Game.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 03:03 PM PDT

    Hear me out for a second, in Fallout 1 & 2 as well as New Vegas it made sense, what with Mariposa and the Master & ETC. Fallout 3 also made sense due to the Vault. Now Fo4? It seems like they jammed it in unnecessarily in a way that doesn't make sense. Why would the Institute continue the FEV program for Decades if all they achieved was Failed Subjects? For being a Institute of Science and Intelligence this was a very Idiotic move.

    Simply put, Super mutants are overused. In their place Bethesda could create brand new content with its own lore and backstory; instead of milking the Super Mutant/FEV forever.

    submitted by /u/Edelweiss21
    [link] [comments]

    I find the Brotherhood of Steel completely unappealing in F04. You?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 12:29 PM PDT

    The first time you see Elder Maxon, he is telling his followers that he is proud of them that they follow without question and without purpose. There is a funny contrast between his motivating demeanor and degrading message.

    After witnessing a bit of flattery/brainwashing 101, its hard to want to go with this faction, except that in survival mode I get to use their vertibirds so long as I don't side with their enemies in the long game.

    Every other faction gives you a sense of purpose or some decent goal with somewhat agreeable rationale behind it. But unless one actually wanted to play the role of a useful idiot, or just use the brotherhood as an excuse to blow stuff up, I just don't see any real decent story value in this faction except background noise.

    Maybe it's been said before. Can someone tell me why I might go with this @$$hats?

    submitted by /u/__mongoose__
    [link] [comments]

    In the next fallout game years down the road, we should be able to pick if our character is a ghoul or not.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 12:15 AM PDT

    I feel like they could have easily done this in NV. I just feel like that could add some nice replay value.

    submitted by /u/thatguy01220
    [link] [comments]

    I drew a Tunneler from Fallout: NV

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 10:48 PM PDT

    You know what? Fuck your factions. Handheld or wristheld Pipboy?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 05:31 PM PDT

    I personally choose wristheld, makes more sense in the Fallout universe compared to what is esentially a smartphone.

    Edit: Said handheld by accident.

    submitted by /u/Nick97_
    [link] [comments]

    No matter what happens in Fallout 5, some sizeable group of people will be upset.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 04:28 AM PDT

    Super Mutants? Ugh, why can't we have a single game without them?

    No Super Mutants? Ugh, why are they pandering to these whiners, they're a staple of the franchise!

    Enclave? Ugh, let them go already! They were the main antagonists in 2 games!

    No Enclave? Ugh, why don't they let us see a different side to the Enclave? Or perhaps just what happened to the remnants? Bethesda is so lazy!

    Settlement Building? Ugh, way to bring back this pointless and time consuming system. Were they too lazy to make this location a real settlement?

    No Settlement Building? Ugh, why did they throw out that system? Building get settlements really adds to my experience and helps me connect with the wasteland!

    Etc, etc.

    Maybe... just maybe...

    We could all take a chill pill and stop complaining about every little thing under the sun?

    submitted by /u/Bando10
    [link] [comments]

    is it just me who thinks fallout 4's whole "pipe weapon" system could've been done way better?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 10:59 PM PDT

    i always enjoyed how versatile the pipe weapons were but everyone who has played fallout 4 knows that their not much use after beginning to mid game. it would've been cooler to see more caliber conversions and better receivers that are leved.

    submitted by /u/Corrupt_Application
    [link] [comments]

    [FO1] Don’t have it in me to kill Dogmeat (spoilers)

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 02:21 AM PDT

    I'm near the end where you have to go into the Cathedral to confront the Master, but there's no way I would survive against the Nightkin so I decided I would go the diplomatic route.

    However, since Dogmeat can't be dismissed unless he dies - and the Nightkin attack if you have any followers - my only option to proceed is to kill Dogmeat. And I can't bring myself to do it.

    I killed him, felt awful, then reloaded my save. That squeal when he died....looks like I won't be finishing this game after all

    submitted by /u/Ninjashihan
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who makes a new fallout character every once in a while?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 03:26 AM PDT

    I always play fallout for long periods of time, then stop play for a while. Once I begin to miss the game I start a new character choosing different factions. They need to make a Fallout 5🙃

    submitted by /u/Lower-Economics-4648
    [link] [comments]

    Lonesome road was actually a great dlc

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 05:39 AM PDT

    I see alot of people hating Ulysses. I didn't particularly care about him, but I got really luck with ede. I had been traveling with her from the start and was very attached. Made the endgame stakes pretty tense. It felt like real end game content and I had to pull every trick out of my bag to survive.

    submitted by /u/Bayley78
    [link] [comments]

    My favorite part of Fallout 4 [Plot Spoilers]

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    The Railroad, Institute, and Minutemen each have their own plans for destroying the Prydwen and BoS.

    The Railroad has a crazy elaborate plan that involves stealing a vertibird, having it flown by someone who only read a manual, using lies and disguises to get aboard the Prydwen, covertly planting explosives, and bugging out before getting caught.

    The Institute's risky plan is to teleport the player near Boston Airport, alone, to disable the Brotherhood's defenses by themselves so they can throw waves upon waves of synths at the BoS while you defend one special synth, a fragile gen 1, while it hacks into Liberty Prime to make it think the Prydwen is a communist airship and attack it.

    Here's my favorite part: what's the Minutemen's plan for destroying the Prydwen? "Hey. Let's just fuckin' shoot at it."

    The first two plans can take twenty minutes or more while the Minutemen blow that airship out of the sky in half a minute.

    submitted by /u/RepentHarlequin1171
    [link] [comments]

    The Institute Practices Incest

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 04:07 PM PDT

    There are not too many residents of the institute, however, they are of different races. The problem is, the institute is mostly white, like really mostly white. How is it possible that, there would still be fully black and latino members of the institute after 200 years if they were not having babies with their own families, considering how little minorities live in the institute? Shouldn't everyone be mixed race after all this time?

    The vaults also practice incest. Don't believe me? They have the exact same problem! They should all be mixed race, but the whites are still very much white, and the minorities are very much of their own color as well. How this does not affect their well being, I do not know, but it is clear that incest is a recurring theme in fallout.

    Just think about this when you choose your faction, or player home. As far as I know the people of the commonwealth are ironically far more sanitary.

    submitted by /u/talkingfalcon
    [link] [comments]

    It kinda bugs me how people talk about Ghouls.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    You know how people say that regular ghouls are rotting like the ferals? That annoys the crap outta me as someone who's educated in the effects of radiation. (We're doomsday preppers) Yes, I know this is science fiction, but a lot of things in Fallout share similarities, so my educated guess is this: We all know radiation burns skin. Burnt skin heals over time but severe burns leave scar tissue and prevent future hair growth in affected areas. So, maybe the ghouls who still have hair were wearing a hat at the time of the blast, or at the time that the serious burning took place, and maybe it kept some of the radiation off of their scalp (Vault-Tec Rep as an example, who was outside on the day the bombs fell) Bethesda left a VDSG card on the loading screen that mentioned why some Ghouls go feral and others remain "human" even though they're all actually human beings. The radiation was so strong that it damaged their brains to the point where they're totally nuts. They're basically rabid. Injured, they don't take care of themselves, burnt, diseased, and probably rotting from those things. On the other hand, the Ghouls you find around the Wasteland in places like GoodNeighbor are well kept, tidy, sane, and clothed. Most of them have hair too, and like Hancock, probably became a Ghoul post-war from radiation. In the game it kinda makes me sad that people treat Ghouls so poorly. It's a human, just one who's suffered so much pain and is still alive and kicking despite it all. Yes- I'm a geek and yes it's fiction but aahhhhh Some Ghouls are just cute and I can't deny it.

    submitted by /u/LilProti
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 is too good.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 09:26 PM PDT

    Other games don't compare. I play them, briefly. But always, always come back. Even amidst the crashes and countless hours lost to inexplicable jank, it's just what I need. I never got into games like Apex and Warface, but I imagine this is what those people who did feel. Anyone else have this kind of relationship with FO4? Any favorite memories?

    submitted by /u/ProfessorReeves
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 Buggy On Xbox One?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 05:57 AM PDT

    So, I bought the GOTY version of FO3 for Xbox 360 and One but it's really buggy with the dlcs. Sometimes they don't even show up, and sometimes characters bug or doors keep locking and I get stuck. The base game is fine. I love it, only that the dlcs disappoint me when I have to redownload them. Anyone else experience this? I'm on Xbox One.

    submitted by /u/EatCanOfSpam
    [link] [comments]

    FO76 Newbie Today

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 05:17 AM PDT

    Not asking if it's worth it but anyone want to share any tips on a better experience to getting started? See you in the mountains!

    submitted by /u/fatherdoodle
    [link] [comments]

    My perk idea: 'Hitman' - headshots attract less attention

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    I figured this would be complementary to a stealthy build. Essentially, lethal headshots would cause less attention by stopping the death grunt/wail when an enemy is killed. The real-world logic being that a shot to the head would make someone physically unable to yell out.

    At increments of 20%>40%>60%, and maybe even a fourth rank at 80%, this could become quite a worthy perk investment for a stealthy sniper. Paired with the right weapon, it could make taking out lone enemies almost totally silent.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/OhTheTallOne
    [link] [comments]

    [FO3] Big Trouble in Big Town Vendatron missing

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 01:55 AM PDT

    So, at the end of the big trouble quest, you can choose between like 4 options.

    I chose the science option and I needed to repair 1 sentry bot and 1 vendatron.

    I went to the junkyard, repaired the sentry bot and now I cannot find the vendatron anywhere and I cannot complete the quest.

    Does anyone know what to do? I also don't have any save to load other than a save before the entire quest.

    submitted by /u/Srobovak
    [link] [comments]

    I just replayed FO3 and The Institute is FO3’s Ulysses

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 09:31 AM PDT

    After replaying FO3 at an age I can "critically think" boy oh BOY did the "institute" play an over looming shadow. Canon breaking or not, I didn't realize they had put time into this new lore breaking. Chalk it up to telephone game, but the inconsistency in WHAT the common wealth is up to/it's shape, is shaky.

    But Victoria Watts from Rivett is from the RailRoad and stops you from finding the Android on Rivett city. Saying "she's apart of a group that helps them escape."

    Credit where due, I had a slight smirk through the mission.

    submitted by /u/trxshdxv
    [link] [comments]

    How do I "get into" Hardcore mode?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 09:57 PM PDT

    I want to do a Hardcore RP sniping build but I'm afraid I'll get filtered by needing to sleep/drink/eat and also the recharging stimpaks. Any tips for a first time Hardcore player/ any mods you'd recommend to make it more enjoyable?

    submitted by /u/emmetsbro821
    [link] [comments]

    3 and new Vegas on ps4?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 11:45 PM PDT

    Does anyone know if it's possible to play fallout 3 and new Vegas on the playstation 4? I had both when I was younger but at the time never jumped into the story I just ran around bsing but would like to give them a fair go.

    submitted by /u/dgm119
    [link] [comments]

    I'm so excited to play Fallout New Vegas again

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 08:33 AM PDT

    I played NV and loved it but it was the first Fallout i'd played so I wasn't too sure on the structure of Fallout games. I just went directly the route I was supposed to and then finished the game. Not venturing out anywhere.

    I then played Fallout 4 and didn't really enjoy it too much but then I played Fallout 3 and I loved that one, specifically because of how much fun I had roaming the Wasteland. Fallout 3 hit different, I loved how there was something new everywhere I went.

    Now that I went to every marker and finished every DLC on both 3 and 4, it's time to revisit the first Fallout I played, New Vegas.

    I'm on my way to the shops now for some snacks and drinks, my PC is ready, my room is clean, theres a breeze coming through the window, I'm gonna play none stop for 8 hours and indulge. Hope you guys enjoy your Sunday as much as I will.

    Edit : everyone in the comment saying how they feel like playing it now, let's all collectively start playing today 🙌🏻😌

    submitted by /u/denizgult
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment