• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 29, 2021

    Fallout: New Vegas | How to kill Malcolm Holmes as soon as he spawns in the game

    Fallout: New Vegas | How to kill Malcolm Holmes as soon as he spawns in the game


    How to kill Malcolm Holmes as soon as he spawns in the game

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    Am I stupid for just now realizing half of the map is California?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 11:12 PM PDT

    Got 'em good Courier Six

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 11:14 AM PDT

    Ghouls dont like Nuka Cola

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 10:48 PM PDT

    Rex has a French relative.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 02:09 AM PDT

    Back room workstation.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 10:37 AM PDT

    DLC quests are in the way

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    Just bought all DLCs but now there are like 100 quest between the main game. Is there any way to remove them?

    submitted by /u/Sefagkc1
    [link] [comments]

    Needing help sorting my mod load order, cause my game looks like this.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 06:44 AM PDT

    What are your thoughts on Mr. House?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 06:57 AM PDT

    Anyway to get a reward (doesn’t have to be money could be NCR fame) from killing Cesar?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 11:55 AM PDT

    Found vault 11 for the first time

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 11:50 AM PDT

    Found vault 11 for the first time last night at like 2 in the morning and after going through a very fun puzzle/challenge experience I was NOT expecting that at the end. Damn there near made me shit my pants. Just had to share this.

    submitted by /u/Moroseland
    [link] [comments]

    I think there may be a problem

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 12:32 AM PDT

    What should i role play as in my next playthrough

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 07:09 AM PDT

    NCR ranger, follower, or powder ganger

    submitted by /u/spade666666666666666
    [link] [comments]

    Freezing on saves (modded game)

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    I've been playing New Vegas again recently with plenty of mods. Got up to level 50 and doing the DLCs just before Hoover Dam. Recent debilitating problem is constant freezes when I save, both for quicksaves and hard saves. Turned off autosaves and it persisted. I've got NVSE, 4GB, NVAC, Project Nevada, YUP, MCM, and all those and it still happens. Tried downloading CASM and that didn't help, just made more opportunities to freeze. Usually have the chance to save maybe 3-5 times before it would freeze for each loaded instance. The frozen saves are still usable, but the preview image is always a black screen. Also happens with loading new cells occasionally. I use Mod Organizer 2 and tried using FNVEdit for other problems. I have made some changes to my ini files, I think for threaded AI, intro movie skip, and some other stuff I can't remember. Here's my mod list. I'd really appreciate if anyone could give me some insight. I really don't want to give up on this playthrough I've spent over 120 hours playing and extra time troubleshooting and trying to fix. Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/LordSculptor
    [link] [comments]

    Genuine question, why is New Vegas considered to have great writing?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    I'm not trying to flame or incite anger, but I often feel people are attributing good game design to good writing.

    As an example, I find a lot of the characters flat and it's kind of tedious how they all share their opinions of every faction as soon as they meet you, in a grand example of telling Vs showing in what is just a massive exposition dump instead of believable dialogue.

    Then there are followers who become best friends in seconds or meeting you and seem to repeat hackneyed dialogue over and over "a dress, for me!?" For example. Which doesn't feel real to me, but that could be personal preference.

    A lot of the quests are also rather dull in dialogue and plot with it being thinly veiled fetch quests.

    Now, what the game does well is giving the player choice. You can pick a lot of branching options in some quests and how it plays out.

    This is some good game design, but not writing. The plot and dialogue of the quest is still rather dull. An example is the White Glove quest that has a lot of choices, but is a deeply flawed plot by them kidnapping and trying to eat the son of their well known business partner. Or that on telling Heck his son is alive and kidnapped he gives you a gun and doesn't do anything to help, when a real father who was looking for his son would go in demanding answers.

    But no, he gives you a gun then keeps drinking his whisky and doesn't do anything.

    Can people share some examples of the good writing, plot or dialogue that isn't just a well designed quest? (And please don't quote "I have a theoretical degree in physics". That's such a bad bit of dialogue in itself!)

    submitted by /u/Fyphon
    [link] [comments]

    my new revolver ocelot look

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 06:27 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment