• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 13, 2021

    Fallout 3 | Never been more frightened for my life

    Fallout 3 | Never been more frightened for my life


    Never been more frightened for my life

    Posted: 12 May 2021 05:54 PM PDT

    Time to ride the pain train!!

    Posted: 13 May 2021 08:27 AM PDT

    The scariest part of my first playthrough.

    Posted: 12 May 2021 08:36 AM PDT

    I'll never forget it.

    I was on the PS3 and I was still getting used to the game. I loved it, but it was very hard for me (even with the difficulty set to Easy).

    Anyway, I was doing the Declaration of Independence mission (Stealing Independence) and I was still a low-to-mid level character.

    I died over and over again trying to get past all the robots and turrets in the National Archives. A lot of times, I ended up running out of bullets and EMP grenades and had to resort to using melee weapons.

    I can still remember the stress of having to take down Protectrons with pool cues and batons, constantly running around them to dodge their lasers.

    Finally, at long last, I made it to the room with the Declaration. All my ammo was used up and I was stuck wielding a pool cue with ONE SINGLE bar of health left and NO snacks or stimpaks left! I opened the door and who greeted me?

    Button Gwinnett and his twin turrets.

    My blood ran COLD. I was terrified that I was going to be killed yet again, even after making it so far. I talked to the bot and as he acted more and more hostile, I got more and more scared that a fight was going to commence and I was going to be instantly killed. I didn't have the Robot Expert perk to do the shut down option or the patience to do the forgery option, so I took my chances with the Thomas Jefferson speech check.

    I cannot describe how tense I was as I pressed down on that X button.

    A moment of silence as the game processed everything and...

    Success.

    I swear, my heart nearly stopped beating out of relief-induced shock when Gwinnett started fawning over me. It had worked. I couldn't believe it, but it had worked. He stepped aside and the turrets powered down. I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief, grabbed the document, did some quick looting, and saved my game.

    Well, that's my story.

    submitted by /u/DragonBat362
    [link] [comments]

    Can I receive some assistance with getting mods in FO3? Details in post

    Posted: 12 May 2021 01:47 PM PDT

    I followed this Steam Community Guide to get my game working to start as I couldnt even get past the play button. Used this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JTDYDaa2FI video to download FOMM and a few mods from the community guide to get started.

    I followed all the directions in both guides but did something incorrectly as NMCs Texture Pack will not load into the game.

    I started this playthrough before downloading the mods, do I need to restart another one?

    I would appreciate any help at all, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Spyderr8
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 DLCs transfer concern.

    Posted: 12 May 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    I had bought Fallout 3 for my Steam account 3 years ago but due to the fact that I had bought it from a third party site it was only the base game and not the GOTY edition. Long story short my brother was trying to purchase Sumotori Dreams on Steam but he accidentally purchased Fallout 3 GOTY Edition (which includes all the DLCs) along with it my question is will these DLCs transfer to my base version of the game or do I have to play the game from the beginning on the GOTY Edition if I don't purchase the DLCs separately for my base game that I have played for 40 hours or so.

    submitted by /u/Anonymut
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to play Fo3 in 2021?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    I played it through a few times on PS3, back in the day, and I'm eager to do another playthrough... Maybe even with some of the graphics mods to improve the look.

    I've contemplated buying a gaming computer, but I'm worried it won't run after reading so many nightmare stories of getting Fo3 (and Fallout NV) to work...

    What are the communities thoughts/suggestions?

    submitted by /u/heartbreak_kidder
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment