• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 31, 2021

    Fallout | In Regards To Fallout:he Frontier And My Experience With ZuTheSkunk (Third Attempt)

    Fallout | In Regards To Fallout:he Frontier And My Experience With ZuTheSkunk (Third Attempt)


    In Regards To Fallout:he Frontier And My Experience With ZuTheSkunk (Third Attempt)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:12 AM PST

    I don't know how to word this, where to post this, or even if I SHOULD post it, but after the most recent events, I cannot stay silent in the face of lies, cover-ups, and blatant acceptance of pedophilia.
    [TL:DR, I saw this coming, Zu exposed his Pedophilia to me, I tried warning people, no one listened.]

    As I sit here in my RGB, LED lit room, my mind swells with the images of what Fallout: The Frontier could've been, how great of an impact it could've left on the community, and how much of an influence it would've had on other smaller mod authors over the course of it's existence. However, now, looking back, I know for a fact that everything I just stated was nothing but a dream. In early 2019, I was approached by the now infamous ZuTheSkunk, the DEV that of which was recently exposed for creating pedophilic furry art. Zu's intent when approaching me was (as he was an acquaintance at the time) to ask my opinion on certain elements being added into the mod, such as Pip-Boy Icons, Map Location Names, Outfit Designs and even the location of where he should put his Skunk Plushie "Easter-Egg."

    Over the course of a little less than 5 months, Zu became increasingly aggressive with his requests for my opinion, my assistance and my ideas, arguing that I was ultimately playing a pivotal role in the creation of Fallout: The Frontier. However, deep in the recesses of my mind, I knew this wasn't true. So much so that I even asked Zu if what he was saying was true, and that I WAS as important to the project as he claimed, to which he replied something along the lines of "Yes, *Insert my REAL name here* I promise." which was also followed by him showing me certain content I'd helped create, such as outfits, Pip-Boy Icons, and his stupid little Skunk Plushie. Throughout this time period, me and Zu would often engage in Discord calls, as it made communication easier, especially when he was working on a project and I wasn't doing anything. During many of these calls, Zu would often compliment my American Southern accent, saying he found it attractive, as he was English and rarely got to hear anything as "genuinely American" as my accent. At first, I didn't mind, as I must admit I was exploring my sexuality, as I thought I was gay. so his compliments were accepted.

    Eventually, after months and months of Discord chats/calls, Zu approached me saying he wanted to share something with me, something that of which he was proud of, something that of which he said he only trusted showing to his best friends and closest colleagues. Me, being an accepting person, and more often than not adventurous when it came to art, (often browsing rule-34 type shit, and sometimes even looking at demonic stuff that people post on DeviantArt.) I was open to whatever he was going to show me. However, much to my dismay, the content which Zu was excited to show me, was in fact his pedophilic furry content, that of which he'd published over multiple websites, including DeviantArt, which is one of the two places I publish my own content now. (Keep in mind, this event took place nearly 3 years ago now.) Upon my realization that this person I had grown to know as a friend was a pedophile, I quickly left the Discord call, blocked him, screen-shotted the messages, and forwarded as much damning content as I could to TGSpy and other members of the Fallout: The Frontier DEV Team. Unfortunately, though, my messages were ignored, and my warnings fell on deaf ears, so much so to the point where I was banned from the Frontier Discord, and kicked from groupchats.

    Now, with that being said. I personally feel that it is my duty, and many others to come forward with their experiences with ZuTheSkunk, and any other members of the Fallout: The Frontier DEV Team, as it is my personal belief that at least a quarter of the staff were at the very least knowledgable as to what Zu was up to, especially considering most of them knew him longer than I had, which as I said, was only around 5 months. As for the screenshots, since nothing came of them, I found it useless to hold onto them, especially considering all of the DEVs blocked me and I was banned from the Discord. That, and these events took place when I went by a different name, that of which was a somewhat Fallout related name, "AnchorageArchangel77." which was a name linked to a different Email, which I'm sure anyone with a brain could realize that means I no longer have access to the Discord used when conversing the Zu, which after the most recent events... DEEPLY UPSETS ME, as I feel I could've (without having deleted the chat, and lost my email 1 year ago) completely dismantled this project just as it released on day one.

    Here's the fun part, people are gonna call this "Bait," "Fake," and "Lies," especially considering I have no evidence other than my own personal interactions, which to many people could be seen as a well orchestrated lie, made in an attempt to slander the mod, its Authors, and its story. However, I love the mod, the characters, the story, and many of the people involved in the mods creation. But, like I said, I truly believe the DEVs, especially Zu, are responsible for this mods failure, as they hid things from the public, lied, and bastardized certain elements of the Fallout franchise, with some DEVs going as far as saying they hated Fallout: New Vegas, which is laughable, considering they used Fallout: New Vegas to make the damned mod.

    I'm done... Make of this post what you will, I hope you all have an interesting discussion, and enjoy formulating your own opinions, I just thought this needed to get out there.

    submitted by /u/KyroSinclair82
    [link] [comments]

    If Caps are the currency in the Fallout world then where are all the bottle openers?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 05:55 AM PST

    Fallout 4 First playthrough

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 12:43 AM PST

    Hey guys never played any of the fallout series but I got ahold of fallout 4 I'm playing now so far it's really good. I just got to the part where you need too use that fuse to power the all metal suit. But anyway...any tips or anything in that nature I should keep in mind as I embark on this journey full of massive cock roaches and some scary ass alien looking thing. Lol

    submitted by /u/DylanAP98
    [link] [comments]

    Taking Skills out Wasn't Bad, it Was The Implementation of It

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 10:14 PM PST

    Fallout 4 took skills out, as we are all aware, which lead to both praise and criticism. Both points are valid, however, the fact is skills either need a huge revamp to be brought back, or should stay out with a different way of implementing a substitute for skills.

    In Fallout 4, you have your basic skills as perks, skills such as Lockpick, Science, Guns/Energy Weapons, Medicine, Sneak, Barter, Melee, Unarmed, Science, and Explosives. Speech is Charisma itself, which is another topic entirely.

    Guns/Energy Weapons are now the perks Rifleman, Gunslinger, Heavy Gunner, and Commando. The issue with this implementation is the lack of differentiating ballistic guns and energy weapons, as well as lacking checks. The same can be said for Demolitions Expert (Explosives), Medic (Medicine), Sneak (Sneak), etc.

    In Fallout 4, you barely have these perks (skills) implemented into gameplay choices/dialogue choices. It wasn't until the DLCs where Medic would have not 1, but 2 gameplay mechanical implementations, and Robotics Expert to influence creating robots and bypassing parts of Dry Rock Gulch. Bethesda took the criticisms into account, as they always have with DLC and later installments.

    Now, this is the bad. The implementation (or lack of implementation) was the dent in the system. Let's look at the good, however.

    Skills in Fallout 3 and New Vegas weren't very...useful. Let's be honest. The game is no longer an isometric dice rolling RPG, it's a first-third person, player skilled RPG. The fact a skill also never really told you how it helped you was bad, and the fact that leveling your Medicine skill by 2 points still has your stimpak in New Vegas' Hardcore do 6(6s), when a Medicine skill of 10 did 6(6s). The issue is also involved in the 2 skills, Lockpick and Science. New Vegas made Science slightly do more stuff, yet still failed in making it better (if anything it made it slightly worse). You can't lock or hack unless you have a 25, 50, 75, or 100 in the respective skill. If you have 1-24, 26-49, 51-74, and 76-99, you can't do anything. This is even worse when having a Lockpick skill of 35 doesn't make it easier to lockpick, unlike say Oblivion. These skills ultimately made you dump all skill points into it, just to not even gain anything new. The perks in Fallout 4, however, changed this. Now, you no longer waste 13 or 17 skill points just for nothing new. You level up, having the requirements, and select the perk.

    This same thing can be said for the other skills like Gunslinger and Sneak, Caps Collector too. You are now directly told what benefits you gain, along with not having wasted a single skill point. What is the benefit of raising Small Guns in 3 by 1 point? Or Barter? Well here, you know the benefits and they don't waste any points at all.

    For future installments, the series should either go to a new system, or improve on 4's. An improvement of 4's system would be to have these perks actually influence gameplay choices (such as prompts/quests) and dialogue, like 3 and New Vegas did, as well as Fallout 4's DLCs. Another change that, could possibly be better, is Skyrim or The Elder Scrolls skill system, in which with use, you level up that skill and after leveling up skills enough times, level up.

    submitted by /u/Benjamin_Starscape
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think of The Institute?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 04:19 PM PST

    I am curious to know your thoughts about the Institute.

    I'm listening

    submitted by /u/Gonzito3420
    [link] [comments]

    Can we all agree that every fallout game is great and has its flaws.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 11:04 AM PST

    Making video games isn't an easy task.

    I'm sure whatever goes on in the future from here, especially for a fallout game. Will be making it a hard road to for what's next to come.

    First we praised the modders, and we lost them.

    76 came out and that's been taking its journey to become a better game.

    Now it's almost the community becoming a former shell of itself to enjoy these game or talk about them.

    Fallout future is looking fucked now.

    submitted by /u/jayenatior
    [link] [comments]

    FNV: I accidentally nuked both east and west, how do I get Legion and NCR to not hate me?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:31 AM PST

    How do I get both Legion and NCR to not hate me anymore? Is it possible? I accidentally nuked both east and west in Lonesome Road. Wanted to see how far I could get in Lonesome Road from level 1 and one thing led to another and now they both hate me.

    I could industrially fist them all away, but I'd rather like to do their quests.

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    How Affected is the Rest of the World?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 05:07 AM PST

    Some thing I've always wondered about the Fallout franchise is just how bad are places outside America & China?

    The rest of the world was still in chaos after the resource wars. It doesn't seem like they would engage in nuclear warfare or be designated targets by either side.

    Like, couldn't Africa or New Zealand still be in tact?

    (Assuming they survive the Nuclear Winter & Spillover Radiation)

    submitted by /u/ArkhamEscapeCreator
    [link] [comments]

    Will the mess with Frontier shine a bad light on future mods?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 04:24 AM PST

    Okay, this is not only asking a question, but raising a debate
    I don't wanna go through the mod it's self, we all know the story, but I will be referring to it in this, just for context reasons

    I'm slightly worried that the mess with Frontier will shine a bad light on future Fallout mods, my reasoning for these worries;

    We all know mods are never easy, that's why the biggest and best ones take FOREVER, think how long they've been working on Beyond Skyrim, and to this day we basically only have Bruma, plus a couple tiny ones showing us weapons and such
    What makes me worry is something that a Youtuber, ManyATrueNerd (known forwards as MATN) tweeted, with him saying, and I quote

    f you've ever wondered why I don't get hugely excited for massive mods, and don't talk about them before their launch, and don't even consider touching them until at least a couple of weeks after they've come out, yeah, this. This is why. ~ https://twitter.com/ManyATrueNerd/status/1354842165831233550

    Which I do think is a fair assessment, and an even fairer statement of

    I've got huge respect for those trying to pick through the wreckage of Frontier given;
    i.) Everyone involved wants to toss everyone else under the bus.
    ii.) The repeated excuse for every fucked up thing is 'oh, that was a joke/Wild-Wasteland-but-we-forgot-to-tag-it-haha-oops' ~ https://twitter.com/ManyATrueNerd/status/1355336138324652032

    What he seems to be saying here is the Dev Team is just "his fault" and not taking blame for anything, which I think we can all agree is happening
    And his second point of that tweet, that's the one I'm most worried about

    We all know Fallout doesn't shy away from talking about dark, twisted things, but what this mod is doing is showing the difference between what a dev team does with that, and what modders do, for me that comes down to professional and non-professional environments, and this mod is the absolute worst case of it, as time and time again the Dev Team just seemed to live our their twisted fantasies in the mod, think the Lizard woman, or the "barley 18" sex slave

    And this worries me, because now I feel is a different mod tries to take things darker, even if it's sensible, people will still lump it in with this as soon as it feels even the least bit clunky

    Just, food for thought, and I'd love to see some other people thoughts

    submitted by /u/Blazinblaziken
    [link] [comments]

    cambridge polymer labs PS4 bug

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:42 AM PST

    Im trying to do the cambridge polymer labs quest in Fallout 4 and when I walk into the building molly isnt initiating the quest and wont respond at all when i try to talk, ive fast traveled back and forth, loaded an older save, and waited 24 hrs in game and went back and none of it worked. is there a fix for this or am I just fucked?

    submitted by /u/yaboi410
    [link] [comments]

    Is the box full of puppets cannon

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 06:05 PM PST

    Yeah just what the tittle says is the comic strip "box full of puppets"cannon

    submitted by /u/politicaly_incorect
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 GOTY won't work on Steam or GOG.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 04:18 AM PST

    I wanted to play fallout 3 again but this time on a pc (I've played it once but on ps3) So I Looked up different things and then i bought the game on steam. I downloaded a few mods, FOSE, Unofficial patch. etc. I tried to launch the game and the game just crashed when pressing play. I looked up different solutions like the mod disabling windows live and I disabled it. I play on windows 10 by the way. The outcome was the same, so i searched and found out it had troubles working on windows 10 aswell so I set the game to run as administrator and a couple of other things people told me to do and it was exactly the same. Then I saw that people said that it was updated on GOG and it was easier so i asked for a refund on steam and bought it on GOG and after I downloaded it and made a few changes it still resulted in my game crashing as soon as I pressed play. I'm this close to just giving up since I have no idea what else I can do at this point, I'm not a computer genius but I still know a bit, what is the problem at this point? How do I get it to work? Please help me as I actually was quite excited to play the game again.

    EDIT: Major update, I tried playing FNV which I've been playing for the past month that has been working fine up until this point and when I pressed "play" the excact same thing happened which leads me to believe it's something on my pc that's causing this. I don't know what that particular thing is but I don't have raptr or anything like that and I tried uninstalling nvidia experience to see if it was this that was causing the issue but it didn't help. There's nothing wrong with the games themselves as far as I'm conserned. Will look into this more tomorrow.

    submitted by /u/MartinMajestic
    [link] [comments]

    For a fistful of Sierra Madre chips

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:27 AM PST

    Howdy, couriers! Today I found an abandoned BoS bunker filled with knockout gas, next thing I know some senile dude put a leash on me and asked me to call him master. Since I'm such a good boy I tried to talk him down and we agreed that he would let me go on my merry way in exchange of me fetching him a dog of unprovable existence, some beef jerky, a patchwork doll and the keys to Chucky Cheese B&B. Unluky me. Then something great happened. Coins! All over the madref*****g floor! Miss Fortune likes both to give and take a lot. After entering the CCB&B I went straight to the games and made Ms Fortune into Mrs Fortune. Things turned out well, so well that the ghosts of anonymous gamblers visited me that night and said "Dude, gambling dependency is a disease. Quit it." So wise they were, that I rushed to the counter and shouted "Holoboy, what's the change?" Holoboy stood in silence and BAM!! Wads of cash!

    The ancient legend stated that by gathering a chip per Gary clones(32,768 chips) than the chips would never leave the owner and cashiers would give out free unlimited money just to see those chips. The problems is that I only owns 13000ish Chucky Cheese chips, any advice on how to reach the clones amount without leaving the place?

    submitted by /u/AKenkuNamedKinko
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Fan-art Sketch

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:45 AM PST

    Hello! Today I spent some hours doing this sketch of Fallout 4 after looking through the Fallout 4 Artbook.

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/779821522264522803/805099485763862539/allasaturday3_fallout.jpg

    Hope you all like it!

    If you wanna check more of my work you can see it on my INSTAGRAM

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Pantufinhas
    [link] [comments]

    Just Released a Lonesome Road Player House Mod

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 10:22 PM PST

    Figured I'd post this here in case anyone finds it useful, and to drum up a bit of traffic.

    Made a new player house for the Lonesome Road DLC for New Vegas. It's located in the Hopeville Loading Station and requires a bit of work on the players part to fully set up, including hunting through the DLC areas for equipment and parts. Includes the essentials, but nothing extravagant in order to keep with the feel of the DLC.

    Mostly made this for myself, but I hope some of you might find it useful and provide some feedback if you choose to use it. Currently working my way up to some bigger mod plans I have and could use as much feedback as I can get.

    Link to mod:

    https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/71068

    submitted by /u/WinterRanger
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else think of this video when they saw the frontier fiasco

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 02:24 PM PST

    How would I make a mod to add a voice line to Codsworth in Fallout 4?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 05:11 PM PST

    I want to add a new name. I'm not asking how to make the voice file, I'm asking how I get it into the game and how do I get him to say it.

    submitted by /u/The_Maggot_Guy
    [link] [comments]

    Who else thinks that fallout 1 has a better post apocalyptic environment than fallout 2

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 10:06 AM PST

    Fallout 3 for $2.99 on Humble Bundle

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 03:17 PM PST

    No funky business, in case somehow people still haven't played Fallout 3 it's on sale right now on Humble Bundle! [Steam Key]

    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/fallout-3

    submitted by /u/Vaughn-Whiskey
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone think that the soviets and america would team up to fight china

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 06:18 PM PST

    The ussr and America were and kinda good(ish)terms in fallout they even reserved a spot for an ambassotor in vault 13 anyway do you guys think that the soviets would be fighting in china aswell because irl china and the ussr drifted appart and become enemies correct me if im wrong,but do ypi think the the russians would open up a front to fight the chinease

    submitted by /u/politicaly_incorect
    [link] [comments]

    I need some help with a laptop.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:53 PM PST

    Does anyone know an affordable laptop that can run Fallout NV/3 with ease? I don't want to spend anymore than $300

    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/MiavRack
    [link] [comments]

    About obvious gasligthing and slandering of FNV The Frontier in this subreddit.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 05:28 AM PST

    When will this obvious shitstain get banned u/KyroSinclair82 for posting obvious slander without any proof and furher gaslinghting of the Mod Team members without any proof...

    With the same amount of proof I could slander this subreddit moderation team right? u/Shaka1277

    submitted by /u/PulseCheater
    [link] [comments]

    fo76 50 cal machine gun skin

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 05:08 AM PST

    hi does anybody knov when is the gold 50 cal skin coming back? Becouse i realy want to buy it

    submitted by /u/SideTall
    [link] [comments]

    With all the things that happened with Frontier, I would like to know the community's opinion on the "unsavory" things in canon Fallout.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 02:20 PM PST

    First, I will say that I am not asking this to justify the presence of the...controversial stuff in Frontier, I personally find it rather disgusting. Ok. Now to the actual question. There is a lot of messed up shit in the series: the Legion who are slavers and r*pist, the child slavery in F3 and F4, nuking a whole town and etc.

    To me the big difference is that in the canon games thus type of stuff had a context, a meaning to it. It showed something about the state of the world, while the messed up stuff in Frontier mostly does not seem to have a context. It is either their to be edgy (which is unfortunately the better case) or for someone to project their personal fantasies into it. You can have sex with deatclaws, you can turn an emotionally broken girl into a sex slave and there seems to be no reason for these...they are just there.

    submitted by /u/Helplease2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment