• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 10, 2020

    Fallout | Fallout 3 had the best beginning

    Fallout | Fallout 3 had the best beginning


    Fallout 3 had the best beginning

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 06:13 AM PST

    Fallout 3 probably had the best start of any Bethesda game. There are several reasons why I think it beats NW and 4.

    I love how it takes it time within the vault. This time is spent so well, as it introduces a lot of things for the player. Here are some reasons why it works so well.

    1. You spend plenty of time with your dad which makes you want to find him when he leaves. I found that I was more exited to find Dad in Fallout 3 than Shaun in Fallout 4.
    2. Gives you a lot of roleplaying right of the bat. This actually helps you create your own backstory. The birthday party is a very good example. There you can choose if you want to be a dick and even start a fight as the kid wants to steal your sweetroll. Another example is outside of the classroom, when the tunnel snakes are bullying your friend. You are also given the GOAT which helps you make your own backstory and morals.
    3. When you flee the vault you are also given several options. You can for example refuse the gun from the overseers daughter. If you do this, she will actually use the gun for her own safety later on. The same option is given when the "tunnel snake" guy asks for your help. You can again give him your BB gun so he can take care of the problem on his own, or you can just simply help him. You can also acquire the Password for the escape tunnel in different ways.
    4. Since you spend that much time inside the vault, it makes the exit more powerful. Once you leave the Vault you really feel like you entered a whole other world that has been kept away from you. I know every Bethesda game finishes their tutorial with a big and epic view of the world, but Fallout 3 might be my favorite. That view is just so amazing. You can even see the white house in the distance.
    5. I also just love vibe/atmosphere of Fallout 3's beginning.

    Todd Howard himself also thinks that Fallout 3 had the best start/beginning. He has been saying that in many interviews lately, which makes me hopeful for the future.

    submitted by /u/FokinGamesMan
    [link] [comments]

    Scariest/Creepiest experience/encounter in Fallout 3/New Vegas/4

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 11:15 PM PST

    What is the creepiest or scariest experience/encounter you've ever had in Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas or Fallout 4 ?

    Me ? Those fucking Cazadors in New Vegas. I'll never forget taking that road that runs through good springs that eventually leads you to the no trespassing signs, if only I knew what lied ahead of me. One time when I was still very new to the game itself, I was heading towards that way just to see if I could get past the Cazadors or somehow kill them (yeah right lol) and as soon as I get near them, my screen decides to turn me around and look who's there, Victor. He decided to let me know that he was following me or something like that. I forgot how it went. Saying that should be careful. Which it wasn't the first time I heard him say this. So I basically tell him to fuck off and eventually the conversation ends. Well as soon as he zooms off back to Goodsprings. I turned around to see a huge, ugly and fucking HORRIFYING big ass bugged eyed Cazzy right in front of my TV screen. Not only did I die right away from being humped stung, but I also died inside too. He was so close that it took up basically all of the screen. I literally yelled in complete scare and fear. That kind of yell that hurts your chest afterwards. Not to mention I was I literally 9 or 10 years old at the time. This would of been around early 2011. That's a moment I'll never forget. Not to mention I have a huge bug phobia in real life. So that's mine, what's yours ?

    submitted by /u/Practice_Asleep
    [link] [comments]

    what’s the patch called where you can play fallout 3 on windows 10?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 04:57 PM PST

    I've had it before but I've forgotten it

    submitted by /u/Dieseldees73
    [link] [comments]

    Help. Nick Valentine is gone

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 04:52 PM PST

    I've found all 10 of Eddie winters holotapes and I have dog meat as my companion because I'm just playing casually, however I've checked all my settlement, his office, pipers office, the mind den(finished the story) and even when I have the quest selected with the task "Talk to Nick" he still doesn't show up on the map. Please help, thanks.

    submitted by /u/-Jon_D
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get fallout 3 / NV or both for Christmas?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 08:00 AM PST

    I only have ps3 ATM and can't think of anything better to really get, thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Swarm_Of_Beez
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if people are still active, but I was wondering what some good pistols are

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:26 PM PST

    I just started a pistol run, and I already have the deliverer, Kellogg's pistol, and am on my way to get the gainer

    I was wondering if there was anything else I could get. I have all the dlcs so anything goes

    submitted by /u/Leevon22
    [link] [comments]

    [FO4] what companion do you have by your side the most

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 03:10 PM PST

    Why does my game constantly crash?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 05:45 PM PST

    I LOVE these games but 4 is always crashing. It's awful on survival mode when you're 18 paces away and the game crashes. I deleted my extra saves. I'm on xbox, what can I do to make it staaaaaahhhhpp. I just wanna play lol

    submitted by /u/priklymuffin
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need the Holotape from vault 76 in order to complete the overseers journey quest

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 07:31 PM PST

    I didn't grab it and you can't go back in so do I need it in order to complete the quest or is there some other way to grab the Holotape from 76

    submitted by /u/SneakyPandee8
    [link] [comments]

    Possible bug in Veni, Vidi, Vici? [SPOILERS]

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 10:45 PM PST

    When completing the second battle for hoover dam, I had a small bug occur— or I think it was a bug. I accepted the quest in Caesar's tent and was transported to the Legate Camp like normal. I was surprised to see my companions (Rex & Lily) were there with me, as I had to have them wait outside Caesar's tent to enter it. I continued onto the Legate's tent, the cutscene played, and when it kicked me back outside so that I could head to the dam, Lily and Rex were nowhere to be found. Is this something that anyone else has experienced?

    submitted by /u/sage_lavellan
    [link] [comments]

    Can any one suggest good building mods? (XB1)

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:55 PM PST

    So I'm into settlement building and on Xbox One, but the search engine in the mods section is about as useful as a chocolate tea pot. Anyone got any good suggestions?

    submitted by /u/UnderwhellmingCarrot
    [link] [comments]

    76 - worth it now?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:10 AM PST

    I've played all 1st person FOs. 3, NV, 4 - and loved them.

    76 looked like an empty vassal. But I've seen a lot of changes published.

    Is it worth playing now? (I don't use any mods. I use X Box)

    submitted by /u/NaughtyDog6
    [link] [comments]

    What quest gives you Smiley and bullion?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 10:23 PM PST

    What is everyone's all time favorite song that comes on the radio?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 09:08 PM PST

    Help with mentats

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 09:00 PM PST

    Do grape mentats not work anymore? I've used them and it doesn't change the bartering prices with vendors.

    submitted by /u/Kodiak616
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I walking so painfully slow? [New Vegas bug]

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:19 PM PST

    I just got new vegas on XB1 and it went without a hitch the first day but now whenever I move my character stutters. (I would walk forward then suddenly my movement would stutter)

    Is this an issue with the game or something I can fix?

    Edit: my legs were broken I didn't realize-

    submitted by /u/Doombug77
    [link] [comments]

    New Fallout 76 theory video about Steel Dawn

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 04:55 PM PST

    https://youtu.be/a8BEyHq9hgw

    (All credit for the video to Nerd-Z on YouTube. Wanted to share it here on the main sub, too.)
    Same guy who made the "Are the Enclave in Space?" video, talking about how the Chinese might be preparing for a second war with the BoS, and that's why the Brotherhood is moving in and why the update to 76 is called "Steel Dawn" like the movie where the Chinese invade. He had some really good points. I mean, I looked it up and there is a Chinese Assault rifle modeled and ready for the game. It's got sounds and mods programmed for it, but it's just... unimplemented. Waiting to be used. And the titles of the movies totally match up. They could've named it that just as a reference or for flavor, sure, but I'm honestly kind of hoping that the theory's right and we'll get a post-apocalyptic war coming to Appalachia with each Steel Dawn update. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Grimmjow-sama
    [link] [comments]

    The Interloper (Opinion/Discussion)

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:27 PM PST

    Has everyone forgotten about the mystery of The Interloper, people rarely talk about. There is still so much uncover. I kind of already want to see what events will occur for The Interloper to wake. Solving the mystery. I can already imagine it, event THE CALL OF THE INTERLOPER.

    submitted by /u/EggyByoi
    [link] [comments]

    My HUD just disappeared for no reason and I can't get it back does anybody know how to fix this?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:17 PM PST

    Ok so while I am playing I like to change up my HUD colour every once in a while so I changed it and now my HUD has disappeared. The settings are still there and my pip boy and power armor HUD and my V.A.T.S. still work but my compass, HP, AP and crosshair is gone. Also the button that says to interact is gone like to open a door or even to pick stuff up loose or from containers the only way I can see the contents is by clicking the transfer button. Please help.

    submitted by /u/Vnin2007
    [link] [comments]

    FO4, stuck on "Reunions" with Dodmeat

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:45 PM PST

    We are near step near Mass Pipe Tunnel West, he is just in the stair well, with an occasional bark, not sure what to do

    A clue I am missing?

    submitted by /u/Hywaystar74
    [link] [comments]

    FO4: If you could add 2 lore-friendly headcanons as real canon, what would it be?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 08:57 AM PST

    Think of 2 things that are logical, believable or would explain the original more. No matter minor or major changes as long as they make sense in Fallout 4 universe.
    Example: Captain Zao speaks Chinese, but Pip-boys can translate some languages, so we can understand him. (I believe there is a mod like that)

    submitted by /u/Inspired_N
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment