• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 1, 2020

    Fallout: New Vegas | I played all 4 DLCs back to back this week for the first time (SPOILERS)

    Fallout: New Vegas | I played all 4 DLCs back to back this week for the first time (SPOILERS)


    I played all 4 DLCs back to back this week for the first time (SPOILERS)

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    I had just got to Hoover Dam and things were heating up, so I thought before the final battle, I would do all the DLCs. I was Level 38. I did them in the recommended order HH-OWB-DM-LR in the last 7 days. I don't play with any mods or console. I just wanted to write down my thoughts whilst all 4 were fresh in my mind so I could compare them.

    HH was my favourite. The weight limit meant I left my Remnants Armor at home, so I didn't feel OP.Just getting back to nature, working on Survival Skill, and meeting Joshua was great. The raid on the White Legs camp was cool. The best thing about it was getting ALSID. Still my fav pistol. The worst was harvesting 250 pounds of cave fungus that I realised at the end I couldn't bring back.

    OWB was quite comedic, but the dialogue takes up way too much time especially at the start. After a while it did get a bit repetitive. This DLC forced me to use my Energy Weapons. The Pulse Gun was a godsend, and this was the first time in the game I really started using melee to conserve ammo, and realised how OP melee is in this game. Hard to beat smashing roboscorpions with the Protonic Inversal Axe. From that point forward I put all my points and perks into melee/unarmed. The best thing about the DLC killing all the stupid brainiacs in the think tank, and getting the Sink. Shits all over the faction safehouses, Novac and the Lucky 38 as a home. You can use the teleporter to the Sink anywhere in the Mojave even if you're carrying a million pounds and can't fast travel.

    DM was brutal, intense, painful and frustrating. But somehow had its own charm. I challenged myself to complete the entire DLC never firing a single shot, and only using the weapons I scrounged off the ghost people. I am proud that I achieved my goal. Sneak crit attacks with cosmic knife spears and throwing spears dipped in lethal cloud venom, and gas bombs for mobs got the job done. Them's Good Eatin' and Light Step were lifesavers. I can still hear those annoying loudspeaker beeps. I still think about all those remaining gold bars I had to leave in the vault with Elijah's corpse. The best thing about it was getting the Holorifle, which I never fired once until the next DLC. Oh, and if my character was a woman, Vera's dress would be pretty cool to wear. Pity Veronica doesn't wear it. It's a pity Christine wouldn't come with me back to the Mojave so I could reunite her with her long lost lover.

    LR was quite enjoyable, and I hit Level 50 at the start. The two unique weapons were pretty lacklustre though. SMMG is not as good as the CZ75 Avenger and the Rockets from Red Glare just don't do as much damage as expected. When it takes 5 rockets to kill a single masked man, it's kind of ridiculous. They're more like fireworks. End boss fight was also underwhelming as I basically accidentally one shotted him with the thermic lance. Also I was expecting to redirect the Nuke to the Fort, and drop it on Caesar's head, not some random village allied with Caesar, but I guess it would have broken the main storyline. The best thing about it was getting all the Ed-E upgrades.

    submitted by /u/EdgierLord
    [link] [comments]

    The name doesn't lie.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    50 points to Obsidian for innuendos that made me lol

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    The Courier knows the way

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    This thing set off my security camera. I have no explanation other than a baby cazador. If you slow it down, it looks like it has bird legs and an insect body.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    New Vegas possibly being delisted from the Microsoft Store on October 15, 2020.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 05:13 AM PDT

    Gave it a shot at drawing an NCR Ranger

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    Xbox marketplace sales only kinda work?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    I just got the game a few days ago on xbone, on sale. It is awesome.

    But damn if all the on sale dlcs listed in the marketplace are undownloadable from the storefront route. I have to go through the game to get them, where they are all listed at full price. Anyone else see this/have this problem or am I uniquely inept at missing something obvious? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/scottlameany
    [link] [comments]

    Is this an actual location in New Vegas?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    Don’t do it. Don’t do it. Don’t sit.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    What an interesting armor

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    NCR FTW

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    Where the hell is Corporal Sterling?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    I'm trying to find Sterling 'cause apparently you're supposed to talk to him, Ranger Andy, and Loyal to get Raul's quest, but he isn't in the barracks like the rest of first recon. I killed all the fiends, so he should be here at Camp Forlon Hope.

    submitted by /u/PokeDC
    [link] [comments]

    My NCR flag also next to a Squier Bronco bass

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    How did the community feel about the backstory your Courier gets in Lonesome Road?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    I haven't played New Vegas until long after Fallout 4, so I missed most of the conversation on the game. I always wondered how people reacted to the Courier's backstory from the Lonesome Road? Generally speaking people tend to hate it when roleplaying games force backstory unless they get to pick one from set selection, like Dragon Age Origins. What was the initial community reaction to getting retroactive backstory in Lonesome Road?

    submitted by /u/acesum1994
    [link] [comments]

    Lore friendly mods

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    Hi guys. So finally Ive decided to once again have my way with Mojave Wasteland. Howevee, the sheer number of mods avaible now, and how many of them are just garbage- it drags me awaay. Whats your favorite, almost essential mods to have with New Vegas+all DLCs. Im interested only in some lore friendly stuff, things to improve and enrich gameplay, not to completely overhaul it. I know about Project Nevada, Willow companion, Spice of Life, Millenia weapons and the one that makes Easy Pete wear a hooker outfit. Plz, any more suggestions?

    submitted by /u/karolues
    [link] [comments]

    Motor Runner dialogue fix?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Ok. Here we go.

    I started playing New Vegas a week or two ago and have been having fun, but I've run into some trouble with a quest.

    When I got to the New Vegas outskirts I decided to explore and found Vault 3 before anything else. I found Bryce Anders inside and I talked him into taking Motor Runner down together. When we got there, Motor Runner said something along the lines of "NCR, here? Unlikely", so I killed him and then noticed the Aba Daba Honeymoon quest (which I had never seen before) failed, so I loaded to a save just before getting to him and left vault 3 (along with leaving Anders running around) so I could worry about him when I need him for that quest.

    Anyway, I get to the Aba Daba Honeymoon quest many hours later and I have to deliver a package to Motor Runner. I get there and even if I send Anders back to Camp Mccarren, Motor Runner still gives me the "NCR, here? Unlikely" and goes hostile immediately. The only way I found this to work and give me his dialogue options was to kill Anders before seeing him, but I of course don't want to do that either.

    The weird thing is, to test where it would go wrong, I went all the way back to a save right before I met Anders and I noticed if you send him away immediately in the room he's hiding in, Motor Runner won't aggro, but if you send him back to close to Motor Runner, he will aggro?

    I'm so confused. Can someone please help.. I'd be so thankful. I just want to know if there's a fix or if I'm shit out of luck and have to just continue on.

    submitted by /u/TangyBrownCiderTown
    [link] [comments]

    Thermic Lance OP! (Lonesome Road spoilers)

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    I just finished the Lonesome Road DLC.

    For the final boss fight, as soon as he stopped talking, I just popped a slasher, rushing water, level 1 implant GRX and walked up to him, held down my left mouse button, and he was dead before he could react at all, before the GRX wore off and before his cold lifeless corpse even hit the deck. Which means I killed him in less than 2 secs. It's the first time I've actually used the thermic lance. I'm max Level 50 with 100 all skills and Slayer perk, but I thought the enemies would scale with my level.

    I have heard that Lonesome Road is difficult, so the boss fight was so underwhelming and disappointing that I replayed the fight with different weapons, and no other weapon could kill him that quick, not even my CZ75 Avenger with AP ammo which should completely negate his 18 DT and has a higher DPS than the thermic lance. Is thermic lance meant to be this OP or is there a glitch? The only thing I can think of is that I have a max crit build including JLIA perk so maybe the thermic lance is critting for hundreds many times per second.

    submitted by /u/EdgierLord
    [link] [comments]

    i have a confession

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    i am deathly afraid of the water/ocean in all fallout games and i am deathly afraid of the void in all fallout games i don't know if its just a me problem or something

    submitted by /u/unkown_reddit_viewer
    [link] [comments]

    I guess whenever a nicely working New Vegas Reloaded w/ shadows releases, it'll be time to revisit NV again

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    So, the things that have developed since my last foray into New Vegas:

    • NVSE finally getting taken over and updated after years of inactivity. This holds the promise for further stability improvements, which are always nice.

    • A new mod called New Vegas Heap Replacer (still in WIP stages) which tidies up how things are handled in RAM. It's producing a litany of positive effects for various people, from improved framerates to a lowering of stuttering (an endless problem with sandbox games) to drastically reduced load times. And it's compatible with NVR.

    I'll add this item, since I basically ignored this mod for years until learning that it can work in tandem with ENB:

    • New Vegas Reloaded does a bunch of stuff, but the most important feature in my opinion is that it replaces NV's memory manager, which turns out to be almost as important as NVSR/NVTF for framerate stability. NVSR fixes the steady 64Hz stutter the game has at all times, while NVR's memory manager replacement makes almost all other stutters—largely caused by asset loading—disappear for good.

    I've known for years that NVR had realtime shadows in the pipeline. But that's a long time to know about a feature without ever seeing it manifest except in secret screenshots. Now there seem to be beta releases of NVR that show the feature off. I've seen reports that it looks good outdoors but is essentially unusable indoors, and still has some flickering issues. My guess is the indoor thing probably won't be solved, but all that would need to be done is to dynamically disable the feature while indoors.

    My lingering misgiving is that the shadows seem to be implemented with a strange diffusion pattern. Take a look at this screenshot. Well, right off the bat we can tell shadows are going to make NV look pretty great. But the edges of the shadows utilize a strange, polygonal pattern. I probably don't have to be the one to suggest that having the shadows simply sharply cut off would look less distracting.

    Nobody knows how long it'll take for the next NVR release, but I'm thinking that'll be the time I dive back into the game for the 12th time or whatever.

    submitted by /u/Fredasa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment