• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 2, 2020

    Fallout | I just finished playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas back to back, role playing as the same character, and I had a spectacular experience.

    Fallout | I just finished playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas back to back, role playing as the same character, and I had a spectacular experience.


    I just finished playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas back to back, role playing as the same character, and I had a spectacular experience.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    I named him Stefan McCree, a good karma character skilled in guns, speech, and repair. He's done good to the capital wasteland but the wasteland didn't do him good. Still he cleared the waste off it's evil and ultimately being hailed as an honorary and essential member of the brotherhood of steel. After the events of Fallout 3 and it's dlcs, >! his father's death, Dr Li's disappearance, and liberty prime's downfall !< , he fell into depression, took loads of chems and booze, and completely cut ties with his companions (Fawkes and dogmeat) and traveled far east to escape his past.

    Nearly a decade later, he lives peacefully in Nevada working as a courier for the Mojave express. Now trying to sober up and let go of his past, he unfortunately got shot in the head while on a delivery, thus starting New Vegas. As he try to hunt down the man who shot him, the horrors of the mojave wasteland reminded him of his home back in DC, making him mad and experience constant trauma. He started doing recreational drugs once again, but this time, his actions led to a lot of harm. At this point, I shifted him to be a bad karma character, being vilified by the NCR, the Legion, and disabling Mr House after doing a couple of his orders. The courier/lone wanderer then vanished, nowhere to be seen, but is still feared by the majority of the west.

    I'll admit it has a lot of loopholes, but I somehow made it work and enjoyed roleplaying the two games! I still haven't bought and played fallout 4 tho and I badly want to but i still don't have enough to get it off steam but I haven't looked up the story yet as to not be spoiled. What's your thoughts on my playthrough? :))

    EDIT: Just wanna give a huge shout-out to u/Nanemae for gifting me Fallout 4 : Goty edition. I'm beyond happy right now for this :))

    submitted by /u/__straizzo__
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout is the best concept game I have ever played with the poorest execution

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    I love LOVE the fallout world, the characters, lore, factions and so on! I love the wasteland and the dangers that lurks in it! And I LOVE THE MODS!!!

    But for F#CK sake the guys in bethesda are making the games damn near unplayable. The relentless stutter in performance, the crashes, the GOD FORSAKEN BUGS, and the pathetically idiotic AI's. The number of crashes and bugs I got in FO.NV is damn near annoying and sometimes makes me want to ape shit. FO4 while yes looks good (compared to previous fallout) feels like a downgrade. dialogue options are limited, the characters while I love most of them there are a few...forgettable ones, the story was GREAT! Up until after confronting Kellog, after that it feels like the stakes were..low? And OH MY GOD I can NEVER get into downtown Boston without LARGE AMOUNT OF PERFORMANCE DROP!! Hell I just avoid the area entirely! Which is like 30% of the map!! I have never actually explored the area!! And then there's fallout 76...I don't even have to say anything about it, you already know about 76.

    BETHESDA, I love you. but for fuck sake, your performance is lacking to say the very least.

    EDIT: I realize I should be giving obsidian more love, and I COMPLETELY forgot to mention bethesda SHITTY OUT OF DATE engine.

    submitted by /u/thermalgh0st
    [link] [comments]

    What was your reaction when you found the ship with Norwgian raiders on it?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    At first I wondered if my language preferences were glitching or something, then once I learned it was actually intentional I thought it was pretty cool.

    submitted by /u/WrathoftheDragon7
    [link] [comments]

    How do I beat the FNV Brotherhood Terminal Virus

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    I've spent 1 whole hour hidden valley with Ibsen and this Virus and I can't get past it! I watched Oxhorn's video on the BoS in FNV and he did it really easily but I have gotten to just 1 terminal left and lost being a second away from the last. Is there a trick or method to solving this or do I just finish the quest line without looking in the history archives?

    Edit: So literally 10 minutes after making this post I found the first terminal, saved, then checked the others and once I found all three I went back to the first game and quickly isolated the virus

    submitted by /u/UndockingOrc020
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas Gameplay Overhaul Mod Review

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    I'm going for another legion playthrough and I've been wondering, is there a mod which lets you crucify people?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    My next character is legionary originated from blackfoot, slowly earning himself higher ranks by bringing lessons to the Mojave, so crucify mod is essential for this character. I couldn't find any on nexus, is there any mod which lets you to do it?

    submitted by /u/pie_addict35
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with endings and quest recommendations for New Vegas

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    Been working on my first true play through of New Vegas (where I didn't rush it like the dumb teenager I was) and I'm taking time to complete quests and do as much as I can before Hoover Dam.

    I've steered the White Gloves away from cannibalism, killed House, killed Caesar, put Cachino as head of the Omertas, completed some loyalty quests (Lily, Rex, Veronica, Raul, Boone, Arcade), wiped out the Fiends, fixed Jacobstown, made peace between the Kings and NCR, wiped out Black Mountain, wiped the Powder Gangers in the prison, and incorporated Primm into the NCR.

    Gave Joshua Graham peace by convincing him to be merciful, got the Sorrows to fight, and made peace in Zion.

    Fully intend on finishing the other DLC too.

    Am I missing any of the end slides? If so which ones? Also looking for your favorite quests because I wanna fully experience the game

    I'm going for an Independent Vegas and a good Courier. So I'm trying to refrain from wiping people out if I can help it. Well besides the Fiends and Powder Gangers.

    submitted by /u/thenerdymusician
    [link] [comments]

    Replaying Fallout 3 (with boatlods of lore-friendly mods) - what are your favorite quests/areas? I want to relive all the best moments of this game!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Whenever I go back to replay a game in this series, I find myself within the warm embrace of New Vegas. As I considered playing New Vegas, I remembered fondly his quiet older brother, Fallout 3.

    With plenty of time on my hands in quarantine, I decided to give Fallout 3 a whirl again. In some ways, it's been a much more nostalgic journey than New Vegas, which I am so familiar with. Already, some parts have felt completely new to me, since it's been so long.

    So what are YOUR favorite parts of Fallout 3? I'm hoping to hit all the best quests and areas and items as I explore the Capital Wasteland.

    submitted by /u/caesarslegions
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Luck stat any good?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    I never put a single point in luck in character creation in any fallout game. I know money can be farmed in FNV with slot machines, but is there any use for Luck?

    submitted by /u/striky117
    [link] [comments]

    My ideas for the next Fallout game

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    Hi yes I'm doing one of these

    My ideas for the next Fallout game is that Preston Garvey should be annihilated from existence and that the game have as much time spent on it as needed, rather than rushing a bad game to get some cash money fast (like Fallout 76 for example). Anyway thanks for reading wastelanders and have a good one.

    submitted by /u/bethot911
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best strategy to get and or make ammo? I’ve been using the munitions factory, but it’s grueling and some of the ammo types drop 1 at a time

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Summed it up in the title, this is for FO 76

    submitted by /u/Tkl071924
    [link] [comments]

    How does the legion create denarius and aureus?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    As far as I know, I don't think they have control of a coin mint, and the gold and silver that they make it seems hard to come by. Is there an in game answer that I'm not aware of?

    submitted by /u/RetroKev1
    [link] [comments]

    Bought F04 on PC for mods. Looking for help on what to start out with.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    I've played countless hours of Fallout 4 on PS4. Decided to buy it on PC since it was on sale. Any must-have mods I should try out for my first PC play through? I have the script extender and the unofficial patch so far. Thanks a bunch!

    submitted by /u/curvables
    [link] [comments]

    Nuclear winter glitch

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    Not quite sure what happened but I was playing NW and I completed a Christmas challenge and unlocked a wrest about 10 minutes ago. Anyone else had this recently?

    submitted by /u/YaBoiJackiii
    [link] [comments]

    Halp I’m new how the heck do I not die in fallout 4

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:21 PM PDT

    Halp me I have over 2 and a have hours in the game but I haven't reached diamond city

    submitted by /u/Fine-March
    [link] [comments]

    If the fallout universe switched to nuclear power why was their a fuel shortage and why was it so serious?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    I was just rewatching the fallout 4 intro and they mentioned how the world switched to nuclear energy including cars. So why do I read about all the wars in the fallout universe fought over oil? Just seems odd to me

    submitted by /u/Harlesb44
    [link] [comments]

    As silly as the whole Creation Club system is... Why has the gaming community, more or less, mocked and vilified Bethesda for their money-making schemes, while companies like Activision are able to routinely get away selling single weapon skins and "stickers" for $20?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    I am not a huge fan of either company's practices in the past few years, but it seems ridiculous to me that a company passionately producing sprawling and dense open world games every 5 or so years is so heavily criticised by the community while Activision, putting out the same mainly multiplayer dopamine grind-fest almost annually, is given the "running joke that's actually making a shit-ton of money flying under the radar of bad business practices" treatment.

    I guess I dont see how charging $5 for a mod that someone put a ton of work into and splitting the profit is evil, and having to pay a company (and not the individual) an upwards of $20 for a flashy weapon model and some stickers to plaster onto it is somehow given the "oh, activision..." and on to the next one.

    Just my thoughts.

    submitted by /u/TheOneTheyCallWho
    [link] [comments]

    Im looking to mod New Vegas but keep it small.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    I want to know the absolute ESSENTIALS i know there is NVSE and 4G patcher ill get but what other are in the never play without list that i can install. I'm trying to keep it vanilla BTW but want to avoid bugs and crashes.

    submitted by /u/HeadphoneMC
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome Textures Bug

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    So I've been having trouble with this issue forever. I play Fallout 4 on Xbox One, and all of the reflective/shiney/chrome textures won't work. From what I've researched on the internet there IS a mod to fix this issue, but of course it's known to not work on Xbox very often. Fun. I'm stuck and idk what to do. I can provide a list of the mods I do use if maybe someone can identify which one in particular is causing this issue? Or am I just screwed? If anyone can help me please I'd greatly appreciate it, it's been bugging me to the point of not even wanting to play anymore.

    Note: I heard the enhanced blood texture mod can cause this but I do not have this installed. I even tried installing it and fiddleing with the load order for several hours hoping that would somehow help but of course it didn't.

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/Navarro313
    [link] [comments]

    Pc requirements for fallout 4

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    Can I play fallout 4 with a basic Microsoft display driver? I don't really know if it Will work and I meet al the other requirements.

    submitted by /u/M_kleen
    [link] [comments]

    [Fallout 4] first time trying to use power armor, can I ask for some advice?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Been playing the game casually up to this point and not putting much thought into the perks I get. I'm a high intelligence build using rifles as my main weapons.

    I recently joined the brotherhood of steel and I really like danse as my companion. I got a second suit of power armor for free and thought why not try it. What's the best way to approach this?

    submitted by /u/TrashMantine
    [link] [comments]

    What are the themes of each Fallout game?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    For me, they go like this

    Fallout 1: Survival. The entire game is about survival and what humans will do to survive. The Master's entire reason for Unity is in order for humans to survive the harsh conditions. Towns like Necropolis with their water supply, Adytum with the Regulators and Shady Sands with the Khans show people's trouble and constant fight to survive. And the ending has the Vault Dweller kicked out so Vault 13 can survive.

    Fallout 2: Racism. Fallout 2 is about racism and how people will unjustly judge people due to their group. A town like Modoc thinks that the Slags are murderous ghosts who kidnap children when really they are normal peaceful people who just want to live alongside the population. Another town, Vault City, openly discriminates against non vault dwellers, forcing wastelanders to live outside the city proper, banning all ghouls and super mutants entry and constantly being suspicious of whether the ghouls at the neighboring Gecko power plant are poisoning them. Amongst this, towns like Broken Hills shows how humans, ghouls and super mutants can put aside their differences and live in harmony. The main antagonists, the Enclave, believe that the non Vault Dwellers are dirty mutants who must be cleansed in order order to start the world again.

    Fallout Tactics: Safety vs Freedom. Fallout Tactics is about whether a person's safety in life is more important than their freedom to live that life. Throughout the game, towns are forced into joining the Brotherhood. While this means they are safe from the wasteland, it also means they loose some of their freedom as a result. Many lament this fact, including the first town leader who says they either will have their people killed by raiders or killed in Brotherhood wars.

    Fallout Brotherhood of Steel: No idea, never wanted to play it. Maybe the theme is don't make a Fallout game with the atmosphere of an edgy teens journal drawings from the early 2000s.

    Fallout 3: Sacrifice. Fallout 3 is about sacrifices and the importance of sacrificing for the great good. Your dad sacrifices his work so that you can live a safe life in the vault. He later also sacrifices himself in order to stop the Enclave from securing the water purifier, something you or Lyons are forced to do at the end of the game. Herbert sacrifices his peace in order to make the wasteland a greener place. Even the villains, the Enclave, in their mind, are sacrificing their own citizens to save the country they love. The dlcs also enforce this, with Operation Anchorage showing the sacrifices American soldiers took in order to try to protect this country while The Pitt shows the potential sacrifice of Ashur's daughter in order to save the city.

    Fallout New Vegas: Leaving the past. Fallout New Vegas is about the past and how people have a hard time leaving it behind. Every faction in New Vegas, besides Yes Man which I think is the canon ending, is trying to emulate a former country yet is making the same mistakes they did. Caesar's Legion is like the Roman Empire yet is also moving too fast and trying to assimilate too many groups just like the Romans, the NCR is emulating early America but just like America has become corrupted by big buisness intrests before the people, and House is emulating pre war Las Vegas but is becoming too greedy for money just like old Vegas. All the companions are also wrestling between remembering the past and forgetting it to form a better future. Just like Fallout 3, the dlcs also follow this theme, with Dead Money being about how Dean Domino can't leave behind his old bank robbing schemes or how Joshua Graham is constantly tortured for his past sins committed while in Caesar's Legion.

    Fallout 4: Suspicion. Fallout 4 is about suspicion and about the paranoia people feel towards each other. Throughout the game, the Institute is replacing humans with synths, artifical beings that are almost exactly like humans but are subservient to the Institute. This leads to paranoia among the civilians of the wasteland, who are constantly suspicious of who is a synth.

    Fallout 76: Rebuilding, kind of, but it could also be don't make a Fallout game without NPCs.

    submitted by /u/Metsarebuff22
    [link] [comments]

    Is Vault 0 canon?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    I recently heard that certain events in Fallout Tactics (namely the big ones) have been considered canon. Seeing as how Vault 0 is the final level of the game, does that mean that Vault 0 is canon?

    submitted by /u/Kar1ma7x
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Gauss Rifle influenced by Mister Sandman?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    I'm running a VATS heavy build and siding with the Railroad. I'm level 44 and I'm about to kill the guards to free the synths. I've been using Righteous Authority, but it's too weak to work. It would take all my AP and crits to kill just one. I've been trying to get a Gauss rifle as a potential high damage option and maybe main weapon. I think Im going to use the Alien Blaster as my main weapon, but Im not sure.

    submitted by /u/MaybeABluePineapple
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment