• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 11, 2020

    Fallout | New Vegas keeps surprising me after many years and many playthroughs

    Fallout | New Vegas keeps surprising me after many years and many playthroughs


    New Vegas keeps surprising me after many years and many playthroughs

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 01:09 PM PST

    I just found out you can dump radioactive waste at cottonwood cove and kill everyone.

    What's the most recent thing you've discovered in NV?

    submitted by /u/BenTCinco
    [link] [comments]

    Raiders can eat my wet snow boot

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 02:13 PM PST

    I'm a huge fallout fanboy (fav is probably Fallout 2) and I just got fo4 for my PS4. Was in the combat zone. Don't know why (I'm pretty dumb), but I got out of my Power Armor to kill the raiders there. Was killing them, and I saw one with power armor and I'm like "Oh crap that's cool" and proceed to jellify it with a lazer rifle. Once I was done, I looked around for my armor, couldn't find it anywhere. Let's just say, I figured out how the raider got the armor.

    submitted by /u/Sir_Ezno
    [link] [comments]

    A stupid joke I thought of the other day.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:51 PM PST

    Preston Garvey, Commonwealth Lawfirm. "For when another settlement needs our help."

    submitted by /u/SaintSilvia
    [link] [comments]

    Oh The Things Piper Says

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:00 PM PST

    Just when I thought I've heard everything Piper can say, she comes up with something new. We were in Vault 95 in the Overseer's office, and it looked like an AA meeting had been going on. There's a big circle of chairs, and a couple of old corpses. Piper deadpans, "aww, it looks like there were still a few rounds of musical chairs left to go."

    😂

    What's your favorite Piper line?

    submitted by /u/Maddkap
    [link] [comments]

    If you had the chance to play as any NPC in Fallout and explore their life story who would you choose?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:21 PM PST

    I was thinking about what interesting lives some people in the Fallout Universe have had from RB Vickers from the Fallout New Vegas DLC Honest Hearts who deployed in China to the woman behind alien captive log 18 who gave us this bit of delightful dialogue

    Just wait until I tell Marsha and Karen about this! Imagine...I'm actually on a spaceship!

    [Impatient alien babble]

    Oh! They're pointing at... oh, talk in to this? What is this? Is this the space phone? Hey, Marsh. This is Janet, you will NEVER guess where I am. Never. Ohhhhh... I wish I could hear you but I'll just tell you. I'm in space! I was driving along the highway when there was this light... and suddenly, I'm on this real spaceship! No joke! Now all these little green men are making all these noises and pointing at stuff trying to talk to me! I bet I'm the first one they've met! So I figure I'll talk with them a while, then I'll join you later and I can tell you all about it over lunch! Oh, if I only had my camera. Well, they're pointing at some table with all sorts of gizmos sticking out of it. Gotta go!

    Kisses!

    [Kissing noises]

    Edit: It would be nice if people included why so we aren't just getting a list of names

    submitted by /u/TheAmazingJuicyBeast
    [link] [comments]

    The beauty of Fallout

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 04:36 AM PST

    (fallout 4) At what point should I save the game so I can get all the endings

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 12:02 AM PST

    I'm currently doing a vanilla playtrough of the game, where should I make a save file so I can get all endings. (at what main quest should I make the save file)

    submitted by /u/cyber-bulbv2
    [link] [comments]

    Need help identifying the people that were in this trailer. I ran into them when i was chasing professor groovy. Didnt get to talk to them coz i was chasing that asshole robot, but they were friendly. When i went back here, they were gone. This spot is north east of sunshine tidings coop.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 11:34 PM PST

    Cigarettes in fallout 4

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:16 PM PST

    why is fallout 4 riddled in cigarettes? ive been trying to figure it out for months now but still cant find any reasons. ideas?

    submitted by /u/drunkpecks
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout tabletop rpg in Cincinnati.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:33 PM PST

    I'm writing a story to use for a tabletop rpg based in the Cincinnati area. I have a few locations to use as civilizations, but I'm having trouble coming up with others. Can any one help and think of any creative ideas that are from the Cincinnati area?

    submitted by /u/xXPyroFreak94Xx
    [link] [comments]

    How do i get ammo easily in Fallout 3?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 02:15 AM PST

    So I keep running out of ammo and I wanted to ask are there any easy ways to get it in large quantities?

    submitted by /u/gggvidas
    [link] [comments]

    Any fallout 4 mods for settlement decorating/building with a more medieval or old fashioned look?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:28 AM PST

    So it has been a long time since I played fo4 and I recall much of the settlement stuff was very much in line with the 1950s aesthetic (which is fine). What I wondered is if there are any mods that give us pre industry style furniture and decor.

    Rather than use a musty 200 year old factory made chair or sofa, I'd think some survivors would revert to handmade wooden benches and fireplace/woodstove cooking as opposed to using a range top.

    What are the mods you use that reflect a more Amish, or Viking, or colonial, existence? Thanks a bunch!

    submitted by /u/ClemenceErenbourc
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any good alternate start mods for fallout 4 on ps4?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:53 PM PST

    Fallout Fixt resolution issues

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:50 PM PST

    So I took y'alls advice, installed the Steam version of Fallout 1 and used the newest version of Fallout Fixt for the patches etc. But I'm having an issue using the Fallout Fixt exe where the resolution is all jacked up. I used the res_config exe and manually checking the ini shows that the x and y dimensions are set up for my monitor but this is all I get when I get to the main menu. Any ideas? From what I understand going to NMA ain't it because the traffic is low so I figured I'd ask you guys.

    submitted by /u/Elon-Senpai
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with a gift for my partner! Fall Out New Vegas themed.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:22 PM PST

    Hey everyone! I'm new here and have only played a little bit of Fallout New Vegas but it is my partner's game of the decade. Her birthday is coming up and I want to do a parody paintinf of this painting ( https://media.overstockart.com/optimized/cache/data/product_images/EH2136-1000x1000.jpg ) but with a bar or location in New Vegas. It doesn't need to be identical to the painting or even specifically in New Vegas the location, as long as it's a location in the game it works. I'm open to suggestions!

    Thanks for any help you can provide! :)

    submitted by /u/fugitiverabbit
    [link] [comments]

    Bought fallout 4 GOTY over steam winter sale, game crashes after making character or even before I make it every time

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:21 PM PST

    I have a rx 590, i7 9700k, and 16gb of ram so I don't think specs is the issue. Have all dlcs installed and have game set to ultra at 1080p

    submitted by /u/hoss706
    [link] [comments]

    I have always wondered why gold, silver and diamonds did not retain their value as a currency in the Fallout universe post The Great War....thoughts?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:28 PM PST

    Either Fallout New Vegas is the best RPG ever or im overthinking this game.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 03:28 PM PST

    So I'm playing New Vegas for the first time. It's insane that I've waited this long, I know.

    I just made it to Novac, and I talked to the Ranger and he says:

    "Can you check up on the NCR Outpost? I haven't heard from them."

    So I fast travel over there, check inside, and boom everyone's dead. I find the audio logs, and I hear that a scout team came back and the Legion came and killed every single one of them, and even took one of the women, disgusting.

    I think back to when I was traveling to Novac from Nipton. At the end of the Valley, after surviving a Viper Gang ambush, I find the outpost. I chatted with them, blah blah blah, then I saw a group of Legionnaires coming. I thought,

    I'm sure that the ranger at the outpost can deal with it, I've heard about their training.

    So, I tried to help them defend. They were far too powerful I thought, so, after being used to Fallout 4 where everyone in an outpost can be killed and it not matter at all, I just sneaked (snoked? Sneked?) past them.

    And here's where this matters. After I find that the entire outpost has been obliterated by the Legion, and Novac is now in danger, I remember all of this. All I can think is that I could've fought them off. I have enough bullets to do it, I could've saved all of those people. I could've protected the NCR like my character is supposed to do. But I chose to run away and let them fend for themselves.

    Man, this game hits hard.

    submitted by /u/AceAidan
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think of the first 2 Fallout games?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:23 PM PST

    A lot of people praise Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4, but what do you guys think of the first 2 games? I don't hear a lot of people talk about them.

    submitted by /u/NylaTheWolf
    [link] [comments]

    Help with the Institute, Railroad, etc. (MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD)

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 12:05 PM PST

    I've just met the Father and agreed to join the Institute thinking it would help me make contact with the Patroit, the thing I had to do for the Railroad. I needed access to the locked doors, so I 'joined' the Institute to get access with him. I'm now stuck in the Institute and can't leave, even if I try to fast travel. I was wondering if I needed to 'join' the Institute to make contact with the Patroit and do I need to then continue with it before I'm able to leave, and if so will it have any affect on the Railroad story if I 'join' the Railroad. Lastly, my goal is to blow up the Institute, so am I going in the right direction? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Ogumji
    [link] [comments]

    The Fate of New Vegas without the Courier (Spoilers!)

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 09:16 PM PST

    !LONG POST!

    I found quite a lot of posts that asked how the Second Battle of Hoover Dam and the subsequent fight for the Mojave would have played out with the Courier just staying dead. The consensus seems to be that Caesar's Legion would have won. That might be true for the actual battle (if we apply Fallout logic and not real logic) but there is very little chance that the Legion could ever conquer the strip or hold Hoover Dam.

    I will leave out DLC stuff because I don't think the DLC's world-building is worth such an effort post.

    My assumptions of what would happen prior to the Second Battle (stuff I don't mention is basically what happens when you ignore everything with Yes Man so BoS takes Helios, Boomers boom everyone etc.):

    1) Mr. House and Benny

    Benny and House essentially cancel each other out. House won't be able to acquire the Platinum Chip because Benny monitors his communications and he obviously has the means to flee from the Strip without being killed by a Securitron. House sending the Securitrons or hired mercenaries results in Benny ending up crucified because he is likely to repeat the mistake that he made when the Courier doesn't kill him in the Tops.

    On the other hand I see no way for Benny to actually enter the Lucky 38. The Courier only got in because House allowed him to. Benny neither has the firepower to forcibly enter the Lucky 38 nor has he the caps or connections to hire the kind of firepower that could. Apart from the Remnants and the BoS I can't think of any faction with the necessary technological knowledge, equipment and fighting prowess to somehow get into Mr House's chamber and kill him. If I forget someone feel free to comment. The same is also true for Caesar or the NCR.

    So Benny and House are stalemated waiting for each other to make a mistake.

    I think House would be desperate, eventually attacking Benny forcing him to flee. So for my post I am going to assume that Caesar eventually gets the Platinum Chip. We know that Caesar's Legion lacks the tech to get into the Vault so there will be neither upgraded Securitrons nor an activated Securitron army. If Caesar eventually would get in he would just destroy the Securitron Army anyways.

    Personally I don't belief that Mr House has any personnel available that is able to just infiltrate the Legion's fortress, get the Platinum Chip from Caesar's tent and then install the necessary upgrades. House needs the Courier just as much as the other main factions do. (If you disagree with that assessment then it is clear that House would win.)

    So in this timeline House is going to be a major power with his Securitrons but not the Superpower of the Mojave that he is with the Couriers help. The only two Superpowers we are left with are the NCR and the Legion.

    2) What would Mr House do?

    It is fairly obvious that House would be desperate in this situation but all his dialogue and personality make it pretty clear that he would vastly prefer the NCR to the Legion. If Caesar has the Platinum Chip helping the NCR would be his only chance to get the Platinum Chip back. If Caesar somehow destroyed the Securitron Army an NCR victory would be his only chance for survival because a winning Legion would eventually get into the Lucky 38 at some point.

    The big question is if the NCR and House would truly ally or if House's support would be more behind the scenes. Ambassador Crocker would be open to a deeper alliance while Colonel Moore would like to kill him. The NCR-Kings questline strongly implies that Crocker has enough influence behind the scenes to work around Colonel Moore's influence so an alliance would be possible.

    Let's not wank the NCR and say that an office alliance doesn't happen. As mentioned above House would still be forced to support them behind the scenes. His dialogue in regards to the effects of a possible assassination of Kimball makes it very clear that he is by far the best strategist in FNV. So he would find ways to improve the strategic situation of the NCR I am going to mention some possibilities when I start talking about the Battle of Hoover Dam.

    4) The Van Graffs and the Gun Runners

    The Van Graffs would still work together with the NCR to slaughter the Legion like in the Birds of a Feather quest. The Courier really isn't necessary for that outcome so the Legion is going to have a powerful and well armed enemy in Freeside that has no choice but to fight them. The Gun Runners are in a similar situation, if they want to survive New Vegas can't be conquered by the Legion and the Long 15 needs to be open to allow trade with the NCR.

    Sure, both factions could theoretically flee back to the NCR but I really don't think they are the types to just run away.

    4) The Kings

    Yeah they are likely to get wiped out by the NCR.

    5) Raiders

    Will fight and raid everyone. The Powder Gangers and the Khans are the only two Raider groups that might make an actual impact.

    The Powder Gangers are threatening NCR supply lines along the I-15 and they might actually take over Primm. They divert valuable troops and supply from more important battles for the NCR.

    The Khans will be allied to the Legion without the Couriers influence.

    6) NCR

    Stays overstretched and without the help of House they won't have the resources to improve their situation.

    7) Caesar's Legion

    Caesar is going to die without the help of the Courier so the Lanius will command the Legion during their attempt to take over the Mojave. This is really bad news for the Legion because Lanius is a much worse strategic commander then Caesar. His endgame slides clearly show that he is prone to wasting manpower for little to no gain (pursuing the Remnants and loosing hundreds of legionaries).

    His endgame slide also makes it clear that he treats the population of New Vegas and the Mojave much worse than even Caesar. He refuses to engage in any kind of diplomacy (assuming that no one but the Courier has speech 100) and refuses to use Vulpes and his Frumentarii because it is dishonorable.

    The Second Battle of Hoover Dam without the Courier:

    http://www.gamemapscout.com/falloutnewvegas\_interactive.html

    Under Elswhere you can read about all the other battlefronts:

    tl,dr of events without the Courier:

    1) The Omerta plot to take over New Vegas fails.

    2) Fiends overrun Camp McCarran and the monorail is bombed.

    3) Forlorn Hope is a narrow Legion victory but some NCR troops manage to retreat.

    4) The NCR holds Camp Golf.

    5) The Legion fails to take Novac but Novac is then overrun from Feral Ghouls out of the REPCONN Test Site.

    6) The Brotherhood of Steel takes over HELIOS one and kills NCR troops if they retreat.

    So with my assumptions and all the canonical stuff we have I don't think it is likely that the Legion wins because House can strengthen the NCR without having to resort to a super powered agent like the Courier.

    - House would certainly know about the strategic importance of Cottonwood Cove. He could send Victor (or mercenaries) to Cottonwood overlook with the task of just opening the truck with the radioactive barrels. House is the kind of guy to know about a potential dirty bomb. This would really weaken the Legion's overall strategic situation on the Western Bank of the Colorado.

    - He could send supplies and medicine to Camp Forlorn Hope to strengthen it. Which would potentially allow it to withstand the attack during the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.

    House would also send reinforcements to the Dam and that should at least make up for the additional strength that the Legion gets from the Khans.

    The Battle itself is going to be a meat grinder. Without the Courier neither side will have the easy ways to preserve manpower that the final quests for either side offers. We know that the Legion is near the breaking point because their offensive against the Mojave and Hoover Dam requires them to draw troops that are needed to pacify and occupy the East.

    Without the Courier the Legion doesn't have the Howitzer and no one is going to take care of the Snipers or kill Oliver and his elite cadre deep inside the Dam. So all of these obstacles have to be removed by the Legion itself. This will doubtlessly inflict heavy casualties and give the NCR time to send reinforcements around the obstruction on the Road to Hoover Dam that the Legion created.

    Eventually I think the NCR would manage to maintain a favorable casualty rate against the Legion, eventually breaking their assault and forcing them to retreat. The NCR just has the defenders advantage in a well fortified position.

    (Using non-Fallout logic the NCR would obviously just slaughter the Legion)

    If you disagree we can play through a scenario where Lanius manages to take the Dam.

    Even if the Legion wins at Hoover Dam their strategic situation is basically hopeless:

    NCR snipers will specifically target the Legions officers like they trained to do. So aside from the general heavy casualties the Legion's officer corps is going to be disproportionately affected.

    So whatever remains of the Legion is hardly going to be comparable to the force that attacked the Dam. It's new leadership, in the form of Lanius and what remains of the Legion officer corps, isn't going to use the successful strategies that Caesar used. Instead the Legion is going to so heavily battered, that it is essentially a large and slightly better organized band of raiders.

    And then we have to talk about how the Legion is supposed to conquer New Vegas let alone the rest of the Mojave:

    Interactive map for better understanding

    https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Hoover_Dam

    They key to controlling the Mojave is control over the Dam, New Vegas and these 3 highways:

    https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/I-15

    https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Highway_95

    https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Nevada_State_Route_164

    The Legion's only avenue of attack to conquer New Vegas is Highway 95. If Mr House irradiates Cottonwood Cove their only footholds on the western bank of the Colorado are the recently conquered Hoover Dam and Nelson.

    Highway 95 would be eventually flooded by the same irradiated ghouls that overran Nelson after the Legion attacked it. Maybe Davison and his Nightkin would also wander East toward Highway 95 if they survive the REPCONN standoff.

    HELIOS One is close to Highway 95 so the Legion would likely clash with the newly active Brotherhood. Lanius isn't the politician and strategist that Caesar was so he is unlikely to avoid conflict long enough to stabilize his newly won position on the western bank of the Colorado. Sure, the Brotherhood might focus more on retreating NCR troops but the Legion is inevitably going to clash with Paladins and Knights too. Especially because the defeat of the NCR would shift Brotherhood priorities eventually.

    Ranger Station Echo, Delta, Alpha and Camp Golf (Forlorn Hope too if House helps it) are all located near Highway 95. So the whole Highway would be full of well trained NCR troops (except for the Misfits) that would fight retreating battles against Lanius battered forces. NCR brass would probably be smart enough to leave some Rangers there to weaken the Legion with guerilla warfare.

    The Viper's also have a base along Highway 95. If the Fiends overrun McCarran Lanius will be forced to fight through them as well if he wants to reach the Strip.

    The Legion would have to spend considerable forces to establish Highway 95 as a secure supply route for an attack on the Strip and Freeside. The Battle for the Strip amd Freeside would be similar to what happened to the Legion in Denver. Unstable supply routes and the lack of nearby tribals nearly broke the Legion and I doubt that Denver had Mr. House's securitrons and mercenaries paid for out of Mr. House bottomless coffers. Let's also not forget the families, the Gun Runners and the Van Graffs which would arm people and supply some troops to defend New Vegas themselves. What remains of the Legion after a hypothetical victory in this timelines Second Battle of Hoover Dam is going to be bleed dry on Highway 95. If they actually manage to reach New Vegas House is still alive and he even has allies. I just don't see the remaining Legion having enough strength to secure Highway 95 while simultaneously assaulting the well fortified settlements that Freeside and New Vegas are.

    So any victory at the Dam would be hollow for the Legion. Their position on the western side of the Colorado would crumble and they would gain nothing from holding Hoover Dam. The Legion doesn't need electricity, it needs tribals and easy access to slaves. Let's also not forget what Joshua Graham had to say about Caesar's death. He predicted that Caesar's death would inevitably lead to a crumbling of the Legion. Lanius wouldn't be able to hold the Legion together long, especially with the frustrating campaign that holding Highway 95 would be. If Lanius somehow gets killed it is game over for the Legion anyways. Either way it is eventually going to devolve into a bunch of raider warbands.

    submitted by /u/Lord_Purifier
    [link] [comments]

    How to stop crashing in sanctuary?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 08:49 PM PST

    Whenever I go back to sanctuary raiders invade, turrets attack, game crashes. Quit after the 4th try. I've heard this is common on Xbox one. Is there a known solution?

    I'm considering regearing at the island

    submitted by /u/atamicbomb
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas DLC Help

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:50 PM PST

    Hi, it's my first time playing through New Vegas and I'm loving it so far. During the final quest, whenever I finish talking to Elijah my game crashes to desktop. This happens even if I use the console to skip the conversation and go directly to the next quest step. Please help, I've got a clean load order other than New Vegas and it's DLC.

    submitted by /u/Andras33
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment