• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 8, 2021

    Fallout | It might not look like much yet, but Vault 12 is under construction. With promotional tours expected late October 2021

    Fallout | It might not look like much yet, but Vault 12 is under construction. With promotional tours expected late October 2021


    It might not look like much yet, but Vault 12 is under construction. With promotional tours expected late October 2021

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 06:15 PM PDT

    Building a Fallout themed walkthrough haunted house attraction for our neighborhood.

    https://imgur.com/a/9oeBt1K

    submitted by /u/Jamesluke320
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Nick Valentine smoke

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 08:33 AM PDT

    Like he is a robot why does he smoke?

    submitted by /u/grimm542
    [link] [comments]

    I really, REALLY wanna give Fallout 4 another shot, but here’s why I’m considering otherwise.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 12:32 AM PDT

    It's fucking creepy and scary. The lores depressing and fucking creepy. The vaults are fucking creepy. The outside of the map is fucking terrifying. I know, I know. I sound like a huge bitch and a pussy. Understandable. But this game is too disturbing yet I'm still drawn to it. Idk.

    submitted by /u/pineappleparker
    [link] [comments]

    Opinions on Fallout 4 ditching weapon degradation/repair?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:04 PM PDT

    Do you people prefer how 3 and new Vegas had weapons degrade overtime or do you like how now you can use a weapon to your hearts content? Personally I liked how the weapons degraded, they were usually/mostly made prewar (I would assume) so they're old and it's more realistic for them to degrade. Sometimes it was annoying when a weapon started to suck or break but I enjoyed that little added bit of challenge. What are your guys' opinions? :)

    submitted by /u/SpikyJiraffe
    [link] [comments]

    Blasphemy incoming. I wish Bethesda would remake or remaster fo1 and fo2 and allow real tike combat

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 09:08 PM PDT

    I want to lioe the game and i got pretty far in FO1 but what stops ke feom playing Fo1 and Fo2 and Wasteland is whwb i keep dying cause i fucked up, i quickly lose the will to cpntinue because, and heres the blasphemy im sure people are gonna get there assholes twisted about, turn based combat is painful.

    My opinion obviously but its so slow and irritating that even iirc switching weapons also costs points. I wabt to go back to it but the turn based nature makes me wish for a lobotomy curtosy of Dr. Klein. Whwn im just walki g aroubd i loved the game but every random enemy encounter felt like it put my dick in a woodchipper.

    submitted by /u/medalofhalo
    [link] [comments]

    Should there be more Body Horror in Fallout games?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    So, one thing I've noticed, and what a lot of people seemed to have noticed, is that the Ghouls of the first 2 fallout games look really disgusting and zombie like, almost like decayed bodies with bone even showing and chunks of flesh missing. They're horrifying, which makes it make sense that people sort of don't like looking at them.

    Not to mention the Centaurs and Floaters from the game, which are downright disturbing, and the Master, who is the final boss, is probably one of the grossest looking characters ever designed. It really fits the tone of the first game.

    In Fallout 3 and New Vegas, the ghouls still look rather gross, but definitely not as gross as the first 2 games. That could be chalked up to the engine that Bethesda was using though, as it could simply be too hard to make them look like the ghouls that were all very unique and gross looking. But we never got anything nearly as horrific looking as the Master from Fallout 1 in any official capacity in these games.

    Then there's Fallout 4, and this is just my opinion, but I don't think the ghouls looks very zombie like in that game at all. They look more like humans that are missing their noses with their skin all leathery and callused over. Not zombies. You also don't see centaurs in Fallout 4 ever. They're completely gone. Instead, we have Super Mutant Mutts which aren't nearly as grotesque looking. I'd even say that Fallout 4 doesn't really have anything gross looking at all in the game. Or at least, nothing with body horror.

    I'd even say that it's true for Fallout 76 for the most part. There's really nothing that matches the grossness factory of Fallout 1 and 2.

    Now, this lass example isn't exactly canon, though it was made by Interplay. Fallout Brotherhood of Steel's last boss was a body horror centric villain, who ends up exploding and turning into a fleshy mass that spreads throughout the vault. It's grotesque and horrifying, and even though that game is probably not at all canon, and definitely not a good game, I like what they did with their final boss.

    So, my question is, do you think Fallout should go back with more grotesque, body horror focused enemies? Enemies that are just unnerving to look at? Or is that just my weird opinion?

    submitted by /u/WackyJaber
    [link] [comments]

    One of the sweetest skins each for both power armor and pipboy (imo) on Fallout 4 Creation Club, the Chrome skins, are both available for free right now. If you didn't already know.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:19 PM PDT

    I now really like Fallout 4 after picking the Brotherhood of Steel

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 09:52 PM PDT

    I now really like Fallout 4 after picking the Brotherhood of Steel

    When this game originally came out, I didn't like it. That's probably because I picked the railroad.

    I thought they were framed as the "correct" faction based on their music and their cause. I mean, slavery is bad, and synths are basically close enough to humans that the differences aren't all that important. I mean, I thought their narrow focus on ONLY freeing synths was a bit silly at first. Afterall the world of Fallout is a hellish landscape, but I already kinda assumed if things haven't gotten better after 200 years, you might as well just roll with the story.

    It wasn't until I got to the institute and found out everything was chrome dipped beautiful there. There was: clean water, food, and lots of science happening. I'm sure we can overthrow our psychotic son or take over when he passes of cancer. I had no love for Shaun after he said his mother was collateral damage, and never gave me a hug or even handshake.

    I thought the story was gonna have us overtake this place and do some real good. But our only option was to blow the whole place to kingdom come. I never saw that coming! The homeland and birth place of synths, we're destroying it? It felt like we were destroying a nursery! I wrote the game off as stupid, but with good exploration and decent shooting.

    I then picked up the game again after playing New Vegas for the 100th time.

    This time, role playing as an aspiring brotherhood of steel initiate.

    I had a blast!

    The brotherhood of steel seemed like family, and while there were some issues with how they went about things, but if you subscribe to the idea of, "the ends justify the means," it's great. Yeah there's some good mutants and ghouls, but at the end of the day, there's 99 bad mutants or ghouls for every one Strong or Hancock. I loved walking through the various streets of Boston with Liberty Prime, getting air support from my BOS Bros, and just flying around in my Jet Pack in my BOS issued power armor.

    Also I know Danse is a synth from spoilers, I haven't done that quest yet, but I have no problem shooting him in the head for the brotherhood. But just for role playing, I'm skirting around that plot point.

    The other factions just felt like busy work and everyone seemed kinda smug. Shaun was a emotionless psychopath that no parent could love. He talks to you like you're a lesser being and every following conversation is worse than the last. He knew you were frozen and just wanted to see what would happen after you got out of the vault. There was a 95% chance of me just getting killed by raiders, and a 5% chance of me just dying from anything else if we're talking in a real-world sense.

    As for the others; Desdemona only seemed to respect herself and synths, and Preston was the real general. I was just the hired help.

    With the brotherhood, I worked my way up the ranks, getting praise from my colleagues and superior officers. Also, even when I'm a Sentinel, it never felt out of place taking quests from Kell because they came off more like requests rather than orders. I really think the Brotherhood of Steel was the best faction to play through. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Foamy-Bot
    [link] [comments]

    TIL Fallout Tactics 2 was meant to take place in Florida

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    Fallout Tactics 2 was meant to take place in Florida where an irradiated G.E.C.K causes Florida to become a complete mutant hellhole. Giving rise to huge fungal spores (think Vault 22 but worse) and primitive crocodile people. The Brotherhood of Steel in the game would have gone full on fascist and would have been the Brotherhood in name only, and the G.E.C.K would be the primary obstacle to expansion in Florida.

    submitted by /u/____CrimsoN____
    [link] [comments]

    51 hours in Fo4 in big danger, HELP!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 11:17 PM PDT

    I posted this before getting no help, anywhere, so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, which took 2 days to finally finish downloading, and it didn't fix damn shit.

    The problem I'm trying to fix, is anytime I hit continue, it loads for a few seconds, shows a random thing that spins, then it shuts down to desktop, and if I try to go to previous load, it just never stops loading.

    The save is in Nuka World - Cappy's Cafe

    I have No Mods installed either, and haven't altered with any files or code, this happened randomly.

    PLEASE HELP!!!

    submitted by /u/BathImaginary5532
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 Goty edition issues

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    I'm not sure if my dlc works, I'm on Xbox one, I have it all installed and I have yet to get the pop ups to start the quests, is there a level requirement to trigger them?

    submitted by /u/estesworldwide
    [link] [comments]

    should the next fallout have a voice acted main character?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    personally i really hope they do decide to give the main character a voice since i feel like the npc is talking to himself when i just click on text and i really think that Brian Delaney did an amazing work as nate in F4, some of his line deliveries were straight up hilarious and its clear that he enjoys his work.

    as for the Nora voice actress Courtenay Kellen i think that she also did a good job and rly improved the experience but i havent really ever played a female character so i cant judge her voice acting.

    i just rly hope that in the next game the main character will be voice acted and they could also add an option to make it like in other fallout games, what do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/ZarKusCz
    [link] [comments]

    (PS3) games freezes after buying from vendortron

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 12:01 AM PDT

    I'm buying powder and cases and a 1911 and it keeps freezing help

    submitted by /u/Giveupdooterinos
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas (Steam) unplayable (Even with essential mods!)

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 03:43 AM PDT

    I'm getting really desperate and sad about this, I have downloaded all mods deemed essential for New Vegas to never crash, yet the game crashes a lot more than when I pirated it so many years ago. It's getting on my nerves as I can't play over 10 minutes without crashing. Can anyone help me with any solutions for a smooth experience; if not perfect, at least with very few crashes?
    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Vavecheese
    [link] [comments]

    How do I romance Piper after dialogue

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 06:54 PM PDT

    So I went through all the dialogue and on the final one it said romance and I wanted to wait to do it later but now when I go to talk to her I can't do it. Is there another way to romance her past this point? Thx

    submitted by /u/Gadget225
    [link] [comments]

    (FO4) Why does the game force us to defend settlements even though they have sufficient defences?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 05:46 AM PDT

    Do the turrets just do nothing without you being there? In one of my saves Red Rocket Truck Stop was a veritable fortress and should be able to handle most attacks but I've heard that those things don't matter if I'm not there myself. It's fully walled with turrets lining them.

    submitted by /u/Cooldude101013
    [link] [comments]

    What are your location predictions for Fallout 5?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 08:04 PM PDT

    I don't think the next fallout game is coming until a few years from now so let's just talk about where we think it might take place.

    Honestly, My money is on New York, For several reasons:

    1- As we can see from Fo3 and Fo4, It seems like Bethesda is trying to keep the games in relatively close vicinity to somewhat continue the "story". New York is sitting right next to the Massachusetts, Which makes it a very possible location.

    2- Bethesda might want to make use of the next gen consoles higher power, So New York would be perfect for that thanks to how big and crowded the state is.

    3- It'd make for an interesting setting. Imagine a destroyed city, Factions creating outposts on these huge buildings, Raiders hiding in the massive abandoned subways, You get the gist.

    4- We know basically nothing about New York, Which makes it easy for the writers to come up with new factions and shit (But let's be honest, We will probably still see the BoS and Super Mutants).

    5- And finally, It's highly requested. I noticed that New York is one of the most popular answers if you ask the community what they would like to see.

    So yeah, That was just my 2 cents.

    submitted by /u/PinkLad45
    [link] [comments]

    Do certain items disappear from companions inventories in New Vegas

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    So I killed the Van Graffs with Cass and looted and sold most things to the van graffs for a Fat Man and 10 or so mini nukes. I gave the Fat Man to Cass because I didn't have enough carry weight before then dismissing her and recruiting for Veronica to get into the brotherhood of steel. When I took Cass back the Fat Man was gone. Does anyone have an idea of what happened?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Tarko
    [link] [comments]

    so i am downloading New Vegas, meaning that i will play it for the first time ever, is there anything else i need to download or the game will be good enough?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 06:08 PM PDT

    Can't acquire any more companions after Dead Money

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 09:10 PM PDT

    My companions were with me when you get gassed and taken to the Sierra Madre. So I completed the DLC, came back to the bunker and my companions were gone. Okay, I thought, they just got dismissed, but I can't get any more companions to travel with me because they say I already have companions with me, but as you just read I don't. Is there any way to get them back? Or do I need to restart the entire DLC and just dismiss them? Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/Masoonstephans
    [link] [comments]

    How likely is it the BoS took the Pitt/initiated trade after Maxson becomes Elder?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 03:05 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment