• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 22, 2020

    Fallout | REPORT: Microsoft planning to buy Zenimax, parent company of Bethesda

    Fallout | REPORT: Microsoft planning to buy Zenimax, parent company of Bethesda


    REPORT: Microsoft planning to buy Zenimax, parent company of Bethesda

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1308028385877204993

    This is the thread for discussion of this development.

    It's OFFICIAL

    https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1308028751796551680

    Todd's statement

    https://bethesda.net/en/article/4IwKWIj174Cb2QNTTtBAEb/todd-howard-on-joining-xbox

    Pete's note

    https://bethesda.net/en/article/1iLtcvwY6Nb1GeKADyDUEX/why-microsoft-is-the-perfect-fit

    Obsidian's comment on Fallout New Vegas 2 possibility

    https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1308044609604341763

    Phil Spencer confirms to Jason Schreier and Bloomberg that future Bethesda titles will be on Xbox, PC, and "other consoles on a case by case basis."

    https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1308062702905044993

    submitted by /u/MisterWoodhouse
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t want a New Vegas 2. I want a *new* New Vegas

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    I know I'm in good company when I say Fallout: New Vegas is one of the greatest games of all time. It's quest and story structure, it's capacity for choice, it's next level writing and characters, all come together to make a gem out of a ramshackle bucket of bolts that barely held together. Obsidian's tweet today has literally been the best news of 2020 for me. I cannot wait to see what the writers at obsidian can do with next gen bethesda world building.

    But just because I love that tweet doesn't mean I love the idea of new Vegas 2 as such. None of the fallout games, even as they've occasionally returned to places from previous games (I honestly haven't played 1 or 2 so this is from my memory of story summaries), just made a new game in exactly the same area as the previous game. New Vegas made mention of plenty of fallout 1 and 2 areas, but it made something new too. I want something new again.

    I honestly don't want to find out what exactly happened after the Courier walked his long road, I don't want to know if House is building to go to the moon or the NCR has annexed it or we're hailing Caesar or if it's a zombie sex fueled anarchist paradise. Let new Vegas have the future the courier created, and give us a new world to make or unmake.

    However, that doesn't mean just have obsidian make another fallout game in a random place and basically continue the numbered line in lieu of Bethesda. I think one of the great things Obsidian was able to do was go back to the rich history and lore interplay had previously developed on the west coast. I want to continue that path, but this game should be so much more than the Nevada desert. There's a reason so many films are in California, and it's because it has the greatest breadth and diversity of environments anywhere in North America. From beaches to mountains, grasslands to desert, cities to villages, let's see fallout new Hollywood, or Francisco, or Angeles hell head north up the west coast and show us some Canadians in new Portland or Seattle (the latter may be particularly welcomed by their new overlords).

    Anyhoo, that's my rant. To be clear even if we get a new Vegas 2 that starts with the courier getting shot in the head again and everything he did goes to shit and he has to start over I'll love that too. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

    submitted by /u/Containedmultitudes
    [link] [comments]

    Obsidians Josh Sawyer on what he would do if given the opportunity to make another Fallout.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/178166511166/hi-josh-i-love-new-vegas-and-played-it-for

    If obsidian got another shot id feel pretty good.

    Before anyone brings up The Outer Worlds you have to understand that Josh Sawyer didn't work on that game and he was the game director of Fallout New Vegas.

    "I don't know what changes people think have been made in management that would result in such a shift. I'd say it's more likely that changes in staff (i.e., the development team as a whole) would be likely to result in a shift – but I don't even think that would be likely.

    I guess it depends on what decisions on F:NV you consider to be integral to its character, who made those decisions, and if that individual would make similar decisions on a future Fallout project. I had, by far, more authority on Fallout: New Vegas than on any project I've worked on before or since. I exerted more dictatorial control over individual elements on F:NV than I have on any other project. Were I to direct a future Fallout title, I would make similar decisions in terms of both broad strokes and details.

    I did not pick New Vegas as a location, but I framed the entirety of the base game's world, mapped out every region on paper (world builders like ScottE, Sydney Wolfram, and Denise McMurry did all in-game mapping), and wrote every Region Design Constraint doc (RDC), naming, describing, and overall defining the major locations in the game

    Would I change how I approached this? Probably. I would start the character somewhere farther away from the edge of the world and probably farther away from New Vegas. I would also loosen up a bit on real-world map accuracy and insist that the world builders use as few invisible walls as possible – only to prevent them from falling and getting stuck, never out of a concern about sight lines and LoDs, especially since I/we understand how LoDs work in the engine much better now. Otherwise, I think this process worked well.

    For better or worse, I conceived and designed the character arcs for every base game companion (though they were further fleshed out and entirely written by different designers, save Arcade Gannon). Time permitting, I would be more likely to work with writers to conceive companions collaboratively, as we did on Deadfire. Otherwise, I think the process and overall quality of the companions was terrific thanks to the efforts of the writers. I wouldn't change the process or focus for a theoretical future title.

    I defined the open nature of the critical path and insisted on certain elements, such as ending with the battle for Hoover Dam, allowing any non-child character to be killed, and allowing the player to skip any/every step of the critical path prior to meeting Benny in The Tops with the story still making sense.

    John Gonzalez (our lead creative designer) defined the major characters of the critical path, the Strip's houses, and the details of the critical path, but I see no reason why we would (now) design something that feels fundamentally different from what John did. I was the only system designer on the project, excepting the work Frank Kowalkowski did on Challenges (he designed pretty much everything about them and implemented them all). I made all of the SPECIAL revisions, skill system revisions, Perk and Trait revisions/additions. I also designed, implemented, and tuned every weapon in the game. Overall, I'm happier with the system design in F:NV than any other game I've worked on. If you want to know what I'd change about what I did, look at the JSawyer mod.

    I also designed Caravan (with Jesse Farrell, but please hold me responsible for its shortcomings). Yeah, that was a bridge too far. That and scheduling the Legion territories and supplemental quests too late in development.

    The team as a whole defined the character of Fallout: New Vegas' quests and the writing of individual characters. I can't really take much directorial credit for this other than telling designers when I think they were doing a good job, offering suggestions/feedback, and generally staying out of their way unless I thought they were making something players weren't going to enjoy. If we were to make another Fallout game, I would absolutely have all of the designers look at what the team did on F:NV. New Vegas is what it is because of their work. All the high-level planning and directing in the world will fall flat if the moment to moment conversations, quests, and environments don't move something in you. That takes a team of people making good decisions and doing good work and there's no way around that.

    It's been 8 years, so a lot of the staff have moved on from Obsidian, but many members of the original F:NV team are still here. I still think we could make a fantastic Fallout game with the character of Fallout: New Vegas. I don't think I will ever get the chance to, but I'm grateful both to the original team and to the fans for making F:NV the best game I've had the good fortune to be involved with."

    submitted by /u/TonySoprano300
    [link] [comments]

    This fallout subreddit has become a circlejerk. Why can't anyone just say what they love about NV without shitting on the other games? We get it, you love New Vegas. Why is everyone such a self-righteous asshole about it?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    Does anyone actually use the Fat Man regularly?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    I don't think anyone dislikes the Fat Man. It's an awesome weapon in concept and is beautiful when put into action in the right situation. However, I personally don't think the right situation arises enough to warrant carrying one around at all times, especially considering the weight.

    To clarify, I don't mean one of those moments when you know there's gonna be a big group of enemies in an upcoming engagement so you grab your not-so-trusty M42 to fire one nuke at the beginning of a fight just because you can. I mean actually carrying it and using it regularly as part of your standard kit.

    I suppose I can see the use of something like a missile launcher as part of your regular loadout, and have carried a grenade launcher myself in NV, but the Fat Man seems excessive in just about every way. To be fair, I've never really been a fan of explosive weapons and have only played a big guns character once in any Fallout game.

    TL;DR: does anyone regularly carry and use a Fat Man in any Fallout game?

    submitted by /u/DriverJoe
    [link] [comments]

    My first attempt at making a custom Nuka Cola bottle cap.

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    "Bethesda and Obsidian are now sister studios. Fallout New Vegas 2 is now actually a possibility"

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Is this the part of the year where good news start popping up?

    submitted by /u/Manfred_Danfred
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone is talking about a possible “New Vegas 2” but how about just a New Vegas Remastered?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    With added mod support on consoles?

    submitted by /u/SlightlyHastyEnt
    [link] [comments]

    I think that Microsoft buying Zenimax will be good and it might even fix fallout?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    so i think that after this deal Bethesda has less reason to continue these expensive microtransactions

    also the fact that Xbox can give more resources than Zenimax ever could

    and Bethesda might save Xbox a bit more by bringing some exclusives which is something xbox needs

    submitted by /u/Hunterthergrandmelon
    [link] [comments]

    So I was brainstorming with my old roommate about possible a Canadian/partially Canadian setting in a future Fallout game, and took it way too far.

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    I've been thinking about this for the past few hours. I originally posted these ideas in this comment on r/gaming.

    I think the following are the best options for Canadian representation in the Fallout franchise.

    Fallout Cascadia:

    -The map would be anchored by Vancouver on one end and Seattle on the other.

    -Could do crazy things with coastal/elevation changes from seismic activity. Maybe turn it into a mountainous archipelago.

    -Could have the NCR and other west coast factions pushing up from the south. You could also have a faction descended from Chinese soldiers that had to fight their way south from Alaska after the bombs dropped and they lost their supply lines/couldn't withdraw in the aftermath of Operation Anchorage.

    Fallout Quebec:

    -Anchored by Montreal and Quebec City. Stretch the map to Ottawa/Eastern Ontario if you're feeling ambitious (you could put a vault in the Diefenbunker!)

    -Major factions could be descended from the US military occupation, Canadian government remnant, and Quebec separatists (their stronghold could be within the ramparts of Old Quebec). East coast factions from prev games are pushing up the interstate network and could have a foothold in Sherbrooke.

    -Central conflict would be control of trade along Trans-Canada Highway/St. Lawrence River and/or economic hub of Montreal.

    -National parks in the NW of the map could be overrun with high level monsters (polar yao guai anyone?)

    -Quebec was among the earliest areas of North America to be colonized by European powers. Maybe the port in Quebec City has had strange visitors from far away?

    -Obligatory unique power fist named the Shawinigan Handshake.

    Fallout Toronto:

    -We already know "Ronto" is a canon location.

    -Map is the centered in the middle of our universe (according to people who live there now). Stretches across Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, possibly north towards Lake Simcoe/Georgian Bay.

    -Can include all the major Toronto landmarks, could do wacky things like have an expy of the Leafs in an eternal battle to win the Stanley Cup from the only other hockey team to survive the nukes. Maybe they've devolved into warrior clans, and compete for the cup in ritual combat.

    -Another fun idea would be to have the CN Tower crumble and fall on the Skydome or something.

    -Another good option for Bethesda to continue the storyline of the East coast factions, who would be expanding west/northwest in this case.

    Fallout Niagara:

    -Similar option to Fallout Toronto for including the east coast factions.

    -map is bisected by the Niagara river, centered on Niagara Falls.

    -Buffalo can be a major city or a ruined urban wasteland. Take your pick. I would use St. Catharines and Welland as the western border of the map. You could probably push to Hamilton, but at the point you may as well do Fallout Toronto instead.

    -Maybe the vineyards of Niagara-on-the-lake are now unnaturally fertile farmland. Maybe they're growing something WEIRD.

    -You could have a conflict over the hydroelectricity from the falls, although this may be too similar to New Vegas.

    -Alternatively, the main conflict could revolve around Buffalo and St Catharines to control access to Lake Erie and Lake Ontario respectively, as well as fighting over the Niagara River to control transit between them.

    -Another potential focus on the river could be Canadian remnants who are none too pleased with the established east coast factions trying to push across into their turf (you could flip also flip this the other way and have the Canadians be the aggressors). This, again, may be to similar to New Vegas (NCR trying to hold the Legion along the Colorado River), but people have been competing over strategic rivers since quite literally the dawn of civilization (look up the etymology of Mesopotamia) so I'm willing to let it slide. After all, war... war never changes.

    submitted by /u/septober32nd
    [link] [comments]

    I don't get some of the hate on Fallout 4

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    I know Bethesda in general gets flack for their games, but Fallout 4 lately has been getting shit on a lot, and I think at least some of it in unjustified.

    The character building in 4 is pretty good. I'm pretty sure at this point most of the community agrees that skills had to go. Skills are really bad for character building, they punish specialized builds way too much and made special stats way less valuable. Replacing skills with perks also wasn't bad. If you complain about the basic perks that are just damage increases, you probably didn't play Fallout 1 and 2 where the only usable perks were straight stat increases. Even ignoring that, perks like idiot savant, rooted, and ghoulish feel like classic Fallout perks. Special stats are also way more valuable now, making the initial stat selection and leveling more important. The only issue I have with the perk system is there are some perks that are just not worth taking. Not because they're bad by themselves, but because there are other perks with way more value. For traits being gone, that can easily be explained by the whole game being geared toward long term play, and imagine dealing with a sizeable downside for an entire playthrough.

    I understand the complaints on the dialogue, but I think it's still bashed too much. For the dialogue diamond/wheel, I understand it looks bad, but mechanically it's a good system. You constantly have choices to be an asshole, a smart ass, or be nice at any given time. Compare this to Fallout 1, 2, and New vegas where you can be kinda nice, or an asshole, and usually those are your only options. Or in 3 where your options were either sucking the NPC's dick or telling them to suck yours. As good as this system is I will admit it looks bad and I don't want to see it in Fallout 5, though I do want the variety of dialogue options. I have similar thoughts on the voiced protagonist. I understand this is pretty bad to have in a Fallout game, but I grew to be fine with it, and I think that sentiment has grown on most of the community, as i rarely see complaints on the protagonist being voiced anymore. Like the dialogue wheel even if I'm fine with this I don't want to see it done again. For actual written dialogue I also understand the complaints, but I see people compare final boss speeches to random mid-questline NPCs. I like to excuse the quirky mind changes NPCs make when gone through a charisma check a consequence of when you have to make charisma viable enough for players to want to build into. Conversations now feel very human, and they've gotten pretty good at this over time, as seen in 76.

    I don't see myself as someone able to accurately judge writing, but I have noticed people aimlessly bash Bethesda. Now I will admit, the institute is probably the worst written antagonist out of any Fallout game and some Elder Scrolls games where the villains are written just to be motiveless bad guys. Even then, I think their motives and lore are somewhat interesting, they're very similar to House from New Vegas if he was a council instead of one dude. People say Fallout 4 has no moral greyness, but just look at synths. Through the whole game and especially in Far Harbor, you're conflicted with whether synths are humans, abominations, or machines. The faction conflict is also in full force in 4. A very popular complaint is that choices have no consequence, which, is probably the complaint I understand the least of. You have four endings, with lasting impacts and consequence throughout the game. The consequences are so big most people side with the minutemen since their ending has half as much consequence s the other three. These endings are as impactful as New Vegas except here you can easily see your consequence in the world after it's done. You also have a DLC who's sole purpose is to allow you to say fuck the only neutral faction for the ability to be a raider.

    After writing this I realized I said I don't agree with some criticism when I just listed off every complaint I've heard, but I wanted to share my realization I had after replaying 4 after a long time of not touching the game. The game felt true to the series, even feeling faithful to the first two games.

    submitted by /u/WillowMain
    [link] [comments]

    This might just be a pipe dream. But imagine a Fallout game with gunplay designed by Id, world building designed by BGS and writing by obsidian.

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    Its a match made in heaven. I doubt this would happen but still its fun to think about.

    submitted by /u/torrentialsnow
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Fallout New Vegas so loved?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    Fallout 4 was the first Fallout game I played, which might be the problem but after completing that I went back and played Fallout 3 and NV. Completed them both, NV twice just to make sure I didn't not like the game for the wrong reason. The first time was with Yes Man and second time with NCR, even got the achievement for completing NV on hardcore mode but they both felt like such a drag to get through. I get that the dialogue options are more fleshed out on the older Fallout's compared to 4 and it's not even the outdated gameplay but that the worlds themselves are just so boring to explore, the characters aren't even interesting, all the NPC's feel like robots and the story isn't even engaging which for me is the only downside to Fallout 4.

    submitted by /u/FlyingManPerson
    [link] [comments]

    How do the king and queen mirelurk reproduce?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    Am i the only one who has wondered how they reproduc, googled it ans found nothing?

    submitted by /u/Corn_hole12
    [link] [comments]

    Coming from Fallout 4 should I play New Vegas or Fallout 3?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    I've just 100% fallout 4 and I'm about to buy either Nv or 3 and I can't decide. I really enjoyed 4 so which one would you say has the most similarities with it. Which game also has a better karma system. Thanks 🙃

    submitted by /u/ThePurpleSquireYT
    [link] [comments]

    Obisdian Playing with our expectations

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    @Obsidian so Fallout New Vegas 2 is a legit possibility now right!?!?

    Their awnser:

    https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1308044609604341763

    submitted by /u/PokemonAreCoolz
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 1st can't be canceled

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    I made a post about this yesterday because I thought it wasn't charging me. Turns out it is still charging me. I bought 1 month af 1st membership, it said nothing about a subscription and I stopped playing shortly after. I came back the other day to find I still have 1st however it's not in my xbox subscriptions and it is not in ny bethesda account subscriptions either but it has been charging me for the last few months. When I try to submit a ticket it just tells me to do it through the xbox but The subscripton doesn't show up on the xbox.

    I have zero way to cancel fallout 1st and according to both accounts I am not subscribed to fallout 1st anyway. So I have no idea what to do, I can't cancel and can't submit a support ticket.

    submitted by /u/Eyeball9001
    [link] [comments]

    Possibly a new engine for the next fallout?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    Todd howard has confirmed that "All new technology will be powering starfield and the next elder scrolls" Will this mean a new engine for the studio? I can only assume this because with things like raytracing, lifelike faces and motion capture becoming the norm, i highly doubt the Creation Engine can handle any of this. Fallout 76 already tried to look modern, and although it looks pretty good, it didnt "just work" as intended and im certain that the Creation engine will just crap out in the 9th generation. Im pretty sure that a new engine is in the works, because TES 6 has been in the works for a long time and everybody, even microsoft seem to be hinting that starfield will be something big and impressive for bethesda fans. I got my fingers crossed

    submitted by /u/DecanusFellatus
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 gene won't sell me his dog

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    i pass the charisma check i have the money when i go to send the the dog to my settlement gene just sits there stares for a minute and then go's "oh changed you mind then"

    i want this dog more then i wanted her before....please help

    submitted by /u/MuffDiverDave
    [link] [comments]

    Heyo! I am new to the fallout series but fallout 3 GOTY is giving me problems. So. May someone help me?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    So. For the longest time it had a problem with xdlive.dll but that issue has been figured out BUT now it has another problem. When i try to load the game up, it has this error.

    "The ordinal 5360 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\common\Fallout 3 goty\falloyt3.exe."

    And before this error has appeared, i have downloaded vortex to get some mods to make my first experience better but i ain't sure what mods would be needed. So please, may someone help me and a clear and precise set of instructions so it'll be easier for the both of us? Thank you so much.

    (and if you prefer doing this through discord, lmk in dm's)

    submitted by /u/NovemberGames17
    [link] [comments]

    Where Would You Like Fallout 5 To Take Place?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    Well, if Playstation never sees another Bethesda game on the console, cheers to ya.

    But either way, doesnt mean I cant talk about it still. Where would you like Fallout 5 take place in?

    I would love to see a New Orleans setting for Fallout 5.

    Between the voodoo scene, the macabre scene, the swamps, dark magic, not to mention the return of...GATORCLAWS!!!!

    I feel like New Orleans is the perfect setting for a Fallout game.

    How about you?

    submitted by /u/CaptainSlappyBear
    [link] [comments]

    Why the institute's tactics are fucking abominable.

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    So, the Institute has access to a nearly unreachable base of operations, a potentially infinite source of expendable soldiers, a way to create nearly undetectable spies, and best of all, a way to teleport them ANYWHERE in Boston. So what they do, is teleport small groups of low tier synths outside of target areas and let them attack from there. It's incredibly dumb. If they want Elder Maxson dead, they could do it instantly if they wanted to. They know exactly where he is, why not teleport 3 coursers into his office, or a tier 1 synth with a bomb into the Prydwyn's engine room, or even better, teleport a low gen synth INSIDE of Maxson. It makes no sense, they can kill anyone at any time, but they just send in shitty foot soldiers in groups of 3. Want to kill Liberty Prime? Teleport a synth inside of it's head. Want to kill the railroad? Teleport a synth inside every member at once. Oh, they don't know where it is? Have a gen 3 synth kill kellogg, then let the railroad reach out to them, not knowing that they're a sleeper agent, find their hideout, and teleport 100 synths with bombs strapped to them inside of the church basement. Problem solved.

    submitted by /u/ENCLAVE_ETERNAL
    [link] [comments]

    Everybody is Talking About Obsidian-Bethesda under Microsoft, but what about inXile Entertainment?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    Title says all.

    Obsidian is definitely a big name, but what about Bryan Fargo from inXile Entertainment - one of the big people responsible for bringing the original Wasteland and Fallout games (1 and 2). A Bethesda-Obsidian-inXile collab under the same parent company sounds amazing.

    Wasteland 3 is solid gameplay and story wise (with game-breaking bugs, admittedly). It has a lot of the heart and soul from the original Fallout games - something that New Vegas was also successful at. I think it would be fitting for inXile to have lead role for the next Fallout game, rather than expecting Obsidian to make magic with an entirely different team.

    submitted by /u/mav1972kit
    [link] [comments]

    Why the NCR will be the Most Likely Canonical Victor of the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    Given the recent news that Microsoft has acquired Zenimax in addition to the fact that a direct sequel to Fallout: New Vegas could very well be in the works, I've been inspired to make a post detailing my thoughts as to why the NCR ending of F:NV will most certainly be the canon ending of the game. Let's start from the top, shall we?

    1. The NCR are irrevocably the heroes of the story.

    Love them or hate them, the NCR, despite its numerous problems and burdens, are the obvious good guys of the game. This stands in direct contrast to the Legion (who, despite their upsides, are the clear-cut villains of the story regardless of how you try to spin it), Mr. House (who's more of a neutrally-aligned character, if anything (though, in my opinion, he's every bit as evil, petty and vindictive as Caesar himself)) and Yes Man (who's honestly only just there to ensure that the player can finish the game).

    None of whom are even remotely close to "good", at the end of the day. And given that the good guys have ALWAYS emerged victorious in EVERY canon Fallout game regardless of whether or not it came from Interplay or Bethesda, it's more than safe to assume that the NCR (which has yet to be given the shaft by any Fallout game, so far) has the canon ending.

    1. The NCR ending is without a single doubt the best ending in the game.

    While I honestly believe that even those who either don't like the NCR or just flat-out hate the NCR are forced to admit it regardless of whether they like it or not, the NCR ending is easily the best ending of the game from a purely objective point of view. Not only is it the only ending in the game where EVERYBODY benefits and even flat-out prospers (though, admittedly, it's not all cupcakes and rainbows as the citizens of Goodsprings and Primm can attest to), it's also the only ending where EVERYBODY can survive (provided that one's willing to work for it, of course), as well.

    Indeed, even the best Legion ending still sees a huge portion of the local population enslaved or murdered under Caesar's brutal rule, almost every other faction killed off or enslaved and what essentially amounts to a genocidal, mass-murdering, slaving, massively savage totalitarian utilitarian military dictatorship taking over the region, for instance. Meanwhile, even the best House ending still sees Mr. House effectively abandoning everything and everyone outside of the New Vegas Strip and leaving them to fend for themselves whereas a shitload of innocent people still get killed due to his negligence.

    As for an Independent Vegas, even the best Yes Man ending (which, admittedly, is easily the second best ending in the game) still sees New Vegas devolve into a completely anarchic, Hellish shithole that becomes completely overwhelmed with skyrocketing crime, massive drug abuse, chronic shortages of even the most basic of necessities and utilities and a total collapse of any semblance of law and order all while the Courier gets rich off of the New Vegas Strip's gambling and resort operations. Either way, the NCR ending is clearly the best ending possible.

    And as all canon Fallout endings have ALWAYS been the absolute best ending possible, this further reinforces the notion of the NCR canonically winning the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.

    1. The NCR always wins.

    If there's one thing that we can all agree on in regards to the NCR, it's that it ALWAYS seems to win. It won in Fallout 1 when it was founded and very quickly expanded across all of southern California and it won in Fallout 2 when it eventually gobbled up the rest of California and expanded both its territory and influence across all of Oregon, all of the Baja Peninsula, all of Nevada and even as far East as Utah and Arizona (most particularly in Bullhead City and all of its immediate surrounding areas) by the events of F:NV. Something tells me that the NCR is about ready for a third victory in F:NV.

    1. Chris Avellone is gone.

    With that prick Avellone gone, any and all remaining anti-civilization nonsense within Obsidian is also gone, as well. Meaning that there won't be any second Apocalypse from the Sierra Madre, Tunnelers, the nukes of the Divide or any other stupid bullshit that Avellone dreamed up. Furthermore, an Independent Vegas just seems incredibly unlikely now that Obsidian is back on track and actively in full support of the eventual full return of civilization to the Wastelands. Something that an Independent Vegas ending would completely contradict. Meaning that a canon NCR ending is quite frankly the only logical choice.

    1. The NCR is by far the most popular out of the 4 main factions.

    In every opinion poll that I've ever seen, the NCR ALWAYS either has a commanding lead, a general lead or is tied with an Independent Vegas. The Legion, on the other hand, is always dead-last and often doesn't even get so much as a SINGLE vote (for obvious reasons, of course), Mr. House is either 3rd place with only a few votes or tied for dead last with the Legion (often due to the fact that 1. he's entirely dependent on the player to get anything done, 2. really doesn't do anything in his incredibly boring ending and 3. we're left without even the slightest clue as to whether or not he intends to follow through with his grandiose promises, which is VERY anti-climactic) and an Independent Vegas is always either neck-to-neck with the NCR, barely behind the NCR or just second place (everybody is quite frankly thrilled with the often false notion that they can "rule" New Vegas as their own, after all).

    Given the NCR's popularity, which is the direct result of the NCR being the good guys who at the very least TRY to help everyone and actually do a far better job than they're often given credit for not to mention the above fact that their ending is objectively the best ending possible, it's very safe to say that they'll most definitely have the canon ending.

    1. The NCR ending is by far the most flexible ending.

    The NCR ending is really the only ending that leaves room for a sequel and paves the way for a logical, realistic route towards continuing the Fallout saga in the American Southwest. The Legion ending doesn't make any sense at all as we all know for a fact that 1. the Legion will inevitably collapse once Caesar dies and effectively cease to exist as an entity, 2. we already know that the Legion doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell against the NCR in a total war (meaning that even if the Legion wins the Second Battle of Hoover Dam, they could NEVER win the war against the NCR, which will eventually wipe them out) and 3. the Legion would have a hard-enough time just holding and defending NEW VEGAS ALONE as it is and would eventually destroy itself just TRYING to do so, all but ensuring that a direct sequel to F:NV wouldn't be practical with a canonical Legion victory at Hoover Dam.

    The House ending doesn't really work either in that it's extremely boring, highly anti-climactic, completely uneventful and ultimately doesn't leave any room for a sequel. Nothing really happens and everything just more or less stays the same albeit with several minor changes. Something that makes a canonical House ending impossible as a sequel based on that just wouldn't work. In regards to the Independent Vegas ending, while it is far from inflexible (unlike the Legion and House endings) and is actually a very interesting ending (I personally wouldn't mind an Independent Vegas ending myself), I really have a hard time seeing a direct sequel to F:NV emerge from an Independent Vegas ending.

    Not only does it directly contradict the pro-civilization aims of Obsidian, but it also just comes off as more of a fail-safe to ensure that the player can finish the game in the event that they both piss off the NCR and the Legion and kill Mr. House, if you ask me. The fact that Yes Man is completely unkillable and the fact that the player can still pursue an Independent Vegas even if they've blown up the Securitron Army over at Fortification Hill (making an Independent Vegas completely pointless, but I digress) definitely helps to support that notion. Either way, the NCR ending is the only feasible ending that would make a direct sequel to F:NV possible.

    And that's a wrap. Now before I conclude my post, I'd like to point out that this is pure speculation and could very well be completely incorrect in the grand scheme of things. This is, after all, just my opinion. Do feel free to share your own opinions, if you wish. A penny for your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/GodBlessTheNCR316
    [link] [comments]

    What console do you play on all the games?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    Can it run c̶r̶y̶s̶i̶s̶ fallout 4?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    Ok Idk if this is the right place to ask but I've been thinking about getting fo4 and I'm not sure if my pc can run it because the min requirements are for different chips and Idk I'm just stupid so I just wanted to ask can this run fo4?

    Ryzen 3 3100 4 core 3.9 Ghz

    Radeon 5500XT

    16gb 3200mhz ram

    submitted by /u/YoLoLoLLiPoPs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment