• Breaking News

    Monday, September 21, 2020

    Fallout | Is the Fallout 76 community really this awesome or are bots at play?

    Fallout | Is the Fallout 76 community really this awesome or are bots at play?


    Is the Fallout 76 community really this awesome or are bots at play?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    My son is 9 and plays quite a bit of fallout 4 and 76. Last night he is playing and someone comes in and starts destroying his house. His defenses kill the guy but he somehow spawns inside the house and starts blowing the place up. My son signs out quickly and is visibly frustrated. We talk about it being a game and half the fun is creating so now he gets to make it better then before. He explains to me that I don't understand he doesn't have the resources. So he signs back in to assess damage. Less than 5 minutes into looking around, a guy shows up. Runs around his house, and starts rebuilding the entire thing. I've seen other acts of kindness from high level players in giving awesome stuff or doing things for lower level players. The thing that caught me off guard was the timing and how quick he was helping rebuild. Any insight? Is this just a community that is this awesome or are there bots deployed to do this type of thing? Thanks and for those that are awesome to young or new gamers, stay awesome! You routinely make my son's day!

    Edit: thanks u/ryrb and anonymous user for the awards! Your replies have been awesome and confirmed my suspicions- just not used to seeing this. My son was so excited to see all of your replies. He's still rebuilding and informed me it's his CAMP and not his house. He'd love to wave at you if you get a chance to visit. He's S.W. of vault 76. Almost between it and moth man museum. He's listed as a vendor. His name is listed as LucasN404. (Says Owned by:LucasN404). He's currently level 30. Hopefully that's enough to find him. I don't play much. And thanks so much for those that have been so helpful. He's very proud of his camp.

    Edit2: thanks u/shreckd for the award! He's hoping some of you can stop by. He's put out balloons and is collecting food to share. Cross posted to r/fo76 as suggested. Thanks for being awesome!

    Edit3: thanks for the awards!!! Some of you sent friend requests and he denied them because I had always asked him to deny them in the past if it was random. If you send them again I told him today he can accept them. Sorry! He's been loving you guys running in, waving, and taking off. He's been looking for vault 79 off and on so if he's gone, he'll be back soon. You guys really are awesome. As far as those that think this is bad parenting- I posted my comment below. There's worse things in life. I personally think this has been a life lesson on how to treat people you meet virtually. Thanks for the support!

    submitted by /u/phil_mccrotch
    [link] [comments]

    I made a model of what I think a pristine stimpack might look like

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    What ever happened to the places that didn't get nuked?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    Most countries in the world got blown to hell by each other, but what happened to the insignificant places like South America or Africa? Is there some Columbian drug lord with an entire empire? Or a South African war monger with absolute controle of the region? Or did they desend into tribes of petty raiders like everywhere else?

    submitted by /u/ThatDiabeticJesus
    [link] [comments]

    I feel bad about Dr. Mobius

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Just finished Old World Blues and spoiler I wanted so hard to get Dr. Mobius back into the Think Tank, so He hadn't had to be alone in the forbidden zone forever. I just felt sad walking trough his dome and seeing all those chems lying everywhere, all alone with mentats and psychos. I know he's an ass for making all of his colleagues forget everything about themselves with those loops-in-memory things but They were going to experiment with the whole mojave if He didn't do that!

    Am I the only one who felt sad about him?

    submitted by /u/Xhylonus
    [link] [comments]

    Made a custom Vault Dweller

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/8qq26DX

    Made a custom vault Dweller to use for pictures

    submitted by /u/randomwatts
    [link] [comments]

    Deacon from Fallout 4's dialogue boils down the theme of the Fallout franchise while also offering some of the most sound advice for people both in-game and in the real world.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    Especially in the times we live, I was surprised that after having reached affinity levels with Deacon, he suddenly hits you with the typical spcheel about how the Railroad is amazing and the best hope for the world and everyone else is evil etc etc... Of course, you call him out on this, and he admits that it's all bullshit for the most part. Then he hits you with;

    ... And, there's a point to this - a lesson, if you will. There're other organizations out there. And, in time, I'm sure they're going to spoon-feed you their own patented form of bullshit.

    Ignore the verbage and look at what they're doing. What they're asking you to do. What sort of world they'd have you build and how they're going to pay for it ...

    ... And at the end of the day you'll need to make a choice. Make it the right one.

    I think this accurately summarizes the major themes of almost all the factions and protagonists of pretty much every Fallout game that has you choosing between a faction to rule certain locations.

    A heavy theme of Fallout was always how propaganda creates radicalism, both in Pre-War America (which led to the Great War), and also in Post-War America, all factions seem to fall prey to the same tribalism and rhetoric of the past. In most cases, out of ignorance of the fact they are repeating the past in the first place. Characters constantly touch on these subjects, it's very hard to miss while also being present in basically every game.

    As Deacon always seems to be the "meta" character who seems to know a little to much and see a little to much, often times to the point of almost seeming like a 4th wall breaking character...This particular dialogue felt like something straight out of the 4th wall breaks more reminiscent of Spec Op's: The Line and other similar games like Bioshock or even Death Stranding.

    I just found that pretty interesting, I think many companions and characters have similar ideas and things to say...but Deacon's felt very direct and comprehensible. Often times I feel that a lot of the major points and themes fly right over the heads of many Fallout fans and they actually unironically parrot out and believe the same satirical beliefs that the series criticizes so heavily.

    The only other character that has said it so directly that comes to my mind is Ulysses from Fallout New Vegas. I could see how his message could of been more difficult to understand though, given that his message is spread out across every aspect of Lonesome Road's narrative, so it's easier to miss or be confused.

    It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached it's end.

    I suppose there are a lot of ways to interpret it. I personally resonate a lot with the very anti-nationalist and anti-war messages of the Fallout series due to the fact I myself am a veteran that has a fair share of problems and challenges due to my times deployed...as well as other non-military related issues. I always felt this franchise spoke to me, it always made sense to me. I hope it's message reaches out to others as well. I don't agree with a lot of what Bethesda does, but their story team is phenominal and out of the inspirations of a game like Wasteland, Tim Cain managed to create one of the only franchises that speaks to the lessons I've learned throughout my life.

    I'd love to know your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/CevicheLemon
    [link] [comments]

    Is oxhorn a good lore channel?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    I've heard some bad things about him,but his videos seem pretty alright

    submitted by /u/-G_I-Bro-
    [link] [comments]

    I enjoyed this MATN Fallout 4 challenge far more than I expected. Maybe you will too.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    Funny Paladin Danse

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    Here are some funny situations.

    Paladin Danse and me were on the roof of Jamaica Plain church. I heard a loud thump. Danse fell through the roof and doors were still chained. Few seconds later he said: "This is one most unusual location". Godless synth.

    Upon entering Makhra Fishpacking lower level Danse said: "I advise against breathing in these fumes". Easy for him to say, some of us are still need oxygen to live. Few moments late he added: "Hmm, I never went fishing. Is it even possible these days ?".

    submitted by /u/taskdone
    [link] [comments]

    Could Survival mode get most trophies?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    Could I get most trophies in survival as I would in normal?

    submitted by /u/Namasrave
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Bethesda make such annoying characters all the time?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 04:23 AM PDT

    Amata and Braith are both useless bitches. What's even worse is both her and Braith from Skyrim can't be killed despite them having zero relevance and practically written to be as useless and bitchy and whiny as possible.

    submitted by /u/JohnTitor26
    [link] [comments]

    Conversions of the original games

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    I know there are lots of ongoing projects, but are there any finished mods that convert (more or less) Fallout, Fallout 2, or Fallout Tactics into a 3D engine?

    (Don't take this as impatience or anything I'm just curious)

    submitted by /u/Timmy-my-boy
    [link] [comments]

    Was Mexico annexed?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    So in the lore as I understand it Canada was annexed close to the bombs and something happened with Mexico before that. From what I've seen the US sent troops into Mexico to take over? Or did they annex it I'm not really sure. Anyone got some lore on this subject?

    submitted by /u/Hurtfulfriend0
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else want a new CRPG Fallout game?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    No hate on the 3d ones but having played the original Fallout 2 and Divinity Original sin 2 respectively, a modern CRPG in the fallout universe seems like a really good idea.

    Perhaps a remake of the first one?

    Also side note: I personally think the first two games has dated better than 3 and New Vegas.

    submitted by /u/DavidTenebris
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas has prospectors, Fallout 4 should of had Scalpers.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 11:06 PM PDT

    Get it? Because baseball.

    submitted by /u/Combathugger
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the critical bar in Fallout 4

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    If you use an automatic weapon in VATS, does the critical bar fill up per burst or per bullet within a burst?

    submitted by /u/FeralReason
    [link] [comments]

    New Vegas re release

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    Since Bethesda is adamant they won't remaster new Vegas I was wondering if a special edition kind of Thing could be realeased

    This would entail porting it to current/next gen

    Fixing some major bugs in the game such as the the only ranger armour in the base game not spawning ( I shouldn't have to kill a ranger when I'm on the same side as the NCR)

    Including all the dlc that was released

    I don't really care for graphical improvement s to be honest I just want to not have to dig out my 360 and controllers every time I want to play the game

    Side note : a similar thing for 3 would be nice too. maybe even bundle them together

    submitted by /u/theboy__04
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout a new direction(not sold on title)

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    So the game takes place in the Great Lakes area around south west Michigan, northern Indiana and Chicago. you are apart of a caravan either a guard or a merchant depending on you skills. But as you reach a city know as Gary one of the most wealthiest places in the Middle East, they make there wealth by trading along the Great Lakes Once you get to the docks you load your goods on a re-purposed fishing boat used to travel from Gary to a desolate place know as Chicago prewar While on the boat you will have to do some basic task and other stuff to show the passage of time The ship docks at the southeastern area of the Chicago and you start going south to trade with the tribes of southern Chicago. After you reach the the outskirts of the city you see what you're tribal mind can only describe as a giant flighting fish falls out of the sky around 2 miles south.

     To be continued 
    submitted by /u/Aw101950
    [link] [comments]

    I found a wild earle

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    So after doing the scorchbeast queen event, im walking through the cranberry bog blast zone, and im just trying to farm materials for nuked flora you know, well i kept finding wendigos and finally i looked through those weird trees that have a orange spore effect and viola, a legendary wendigo collasus is staring at me, is this a bug or a actual random encounter?

    submitted by /u/deltadragon124
    [link] [comments]

    Classic Road warrior leathers

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    Has someone made a mod yet for the classic road leathers for fallout 4 for the ps4? Asking for a friend.

    submitted by /u/JoJoestar1980
    [link] [comments]

    Fun custom Fallout 4 rulesets?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    So I absolutely love Fallout 4, I have easily over 1500 hours played. The problem for me is I know basically everything about the quests and locations in the game, besides small things like where every magazine is, and as a result I get bored of the game within hours of starting fresh. Does anybody have any particular rulesets they play by that makes the game either more fun or more challenging? Any responses appreciated

    submitted by /u/averagewhoop
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about FO1&2

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    I've only played the FPS open world fallouts, and haven't really played any kind of top-down type games, but I'd like to start with the fallout ones. Question is, I know they're old games so will they actually run on my computer? Was planning on buyin on steam, and yes I use Windows. Also I'm new to the PC world so I def don't know everything there is to know with this stuff.

    submitted by /u/SouzaQ57
    [link] [comments]

    Redownloaded Fallout 76

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    Any good now?

    submitted by /u/FisherOfMen71
    [link] [comments]

    More LEGO Fallout figures. Lets keep the hype going.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment