• Breaking News

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    Fallout | Is it just me or does the Capital Wasteland looks better than the Mojave Wasteland?

    Fallout | Is it just me or does the Capital Wasteland looks better than the Mojave Wasteland?


    Is it just me or does the Capital Wasteland looks better than the Mojave Wasteland?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Hear me out. I am playing Fallout New Vegas after finishing Fallout 3, and I am at 20 hours playtime. The graphics looks better, the game is fantastic and I like it, but I feel like the atmosphere of Fallout 3 was better, like, more post-apocalyptic. In Fallout 3 there are a lot of buildings, cities, monuments, bridges, and when it gets cloudy the game gets that beautiful greenish post-apocalyptic filter.In the distance you see trees, water towers, mountains, with maybe a broken bridge or buildings, but in Mojave you see sand. with the Vegas tower. Although I'm enjoying Fallout New Vegas the same as I enjoyed Fallout 3, the Capital Wasteland is a better place to free roam, there are more things to see. as it resembles an urban area. I'm sorry if I angry someone, I want to see what other people here think.

    submitted by /u/Adrian98765
    [link] [comments]

    Been playing Fallout 3 recently; this is my Super Mutant Lone Wanderer, and his "Followers"

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/IhLFggz.jpg

    Modded of course. Lone Wanderer is the leftmost Mutant; playing with Metamorphosis to be a Mutant

    submitted by /u/Heresthewolfman
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Appalachia so colorful just 20 years after the bombs fell?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    Favorite weapon in any fallout game???

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    What's your guy's favorite weapon? Why is it that weapon? (The more descriptive the better!!) 😁😁

    submitted by /u/TomToshi902
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone's opinion with every fallout game

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:38 PM PDT

    Fallout 1 - This game was good!!

    Fallout 2 - This game sure has a better a story than the first one and it has better weapons!!

    Fallout 3 - Wow!! The game that I played in 1997 now it has a third part in 3D with an awesome open world map, great places and a very good post apocalyptic atmosphere!!

    Fallout New Vegas - This game is an absolute masterpiece!! Best story. Best dlc's. Best weapons. Multiple quests. Best Factions. And a great city with a big seattle tower. That's all we ever wanted on an open world game!!

    Fallout 4 - Well the story sucks and it doesn't have an atmospheric post-apocalyptic world but the gameplay and the graphics are awesome!!

    Fallout 76: Great, first we don't a half life 3 and now one of our favorite companies makes the worst game of an amazing series.

    submitted by /u/Gamer580
    [link] [comments]

    The Commonwealth is my favorite fallout map to explore.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    Simply put, fallout 3 was my first 3d fallout game, and the first truly open world game I played. It blew me away, but my favorite part was the Capital Wasteland. It felt so interesting, both beautiful and sad. Fast forward to Fallout 4, and I feel that The Commonwealth is in essence the Capital Wasteland perfected. It has a similar feel and look to it, but not only has vastly improved graphics and environmental effects, it improved on the world by being more hopeful. IE, there are actual thriving settlements and people surviving In smaller outposts other than just raiders. The Capital Wasteland hammered in that apocalyptic feel, but the Commonwealth feels more believable (if you can call fallout believable) because it has an actual community of people, both raiders and settlers. The data entries in the raider camps also really make the raiders feel more like a part of the commonwealth instead of simply decorations.

    Feel free to voice your thoughts, if you agree or disagree.

    submitted by /u/Nerdthenord
    [link] [comments]

    Might be a dumb question, but in fallout 76 can someone other than me open my stash box? I just downloaded the game a little while ago

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    Made something, but I also need your help.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    So the post awhile back about the guy who spent 6 years working on a fallout ttrpg, I created a supplemental rework of the power armour system in it. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kcn12nd647Q9z3OWjwzlG8Eb1fP5riHgvKVElglYj_c/edit?usp=drivesdk

    However need y'all's help, the guy who made the post deleted his account before I could reply to him and send him the link, his username was HankTheTank1995. I don't know if you can help but if you can let me know, also let me know if you have any ideas.

    submitted by /u/CommanderReverseAnon
    [link] [comments]

    Fallour 4: Are there mods that give fusion cores more uses? Like more fusion core powered outfits or weapons?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    Help to many cows in hangman alley

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    There's three of them and when I try to kill them my settlers get angry. It's already crowded with settlers and more are coming in

    submitted by /u/super_nova_91
    [link] [comments]

    Full guide on running Fallout 1,2,3,NV and 4 on a ChromeBook

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    A few of you may remember me from my plan on trying to run fallout 3 on android which was a year ago. That plan failed and my android phone broke and I got an iPhone instead (which sucks). But this time I finally got results worth sharing and all full step by step walk through on how to do it. Note you should have your device in dev mode.

    This only works on x86 machines, haven't tried arm yet

    Firstly you should update your chrome book to the latest version of chrome OS, should be easy as there should be a notification telling you to update it.

    If your Chrome book is up to date skip this step. Once you select to update the chrome book it should restart and bring back to the lock screen.

    Once those steps are completed, go to settings and on the left side you should see "Linux (Beta)" (should be at the bottom above "advanced") select that and it and it will ask you to create a partition and make it 20+GB if you're going for fallout 3 and NV. If going for 4 make it 40+GB. Once that you're done that it should take about 10 or so minutes to install. Once that installs a new window should pop up called "Terminal" and should have this symbol ">_".

    Now it's time to update your drivers. First you type this- sudo apt update . With that, it will show you everything that needs to be updated. Then you will type - sudo apt upgrade . It will ask you [Y/n] for the upgrade and just type "Y" and then press enter. Congratulations you have now installed Linux on your chrome book

    Now it's time to add GPU acceleration. In the search bar type this- chrome://flags/#crostini-gpu-support and enable the flag. Once you do that you are prompted to restart your device and do that.

    Now run "sudo apt-get update" . Now run "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" if that doesn't work then type this instead "sudo apt-get install mesa-utils". Once you do that restart your device and once you're back into chrome OS, enter the Terminal and type "glxinfo -B" to test if it's set up. You should now look for "OpenGL renderer string virgl". And also look for "OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 19.2.8" if you find that, it is installed and you now have GPU acceleration.

    One more little thing to to do to make using steam and fallout a bit more easy going on you. Go to your search bar and type "chrome://flags". Once you're in there search for " Pointer lock for Linux applications". Once you select that you will be prompted for a restart and just restart your chrome book.

    Now it's time to install steam. Did I forget to say that it's the steam version we have to use, oh well, I guess we have to suffer a bit. Now go to chrome and search for "store.steampowered. com/about/" unsure about adding links so the .com has a space between it so just use one backspace between the . and the com. Or click here. Once you're on the website underneath the "INSTALL STEAM" with the windows logo, thre should be the Apple logo and steam logo. Click the steam logo and you should get a .deb file. (Important Must be a .deb file) (unsure about arm powered devices running steam)

    Now you go to files and downloads and right click on "steam_latest.deb" (or whatever it's called on your device). Once you do that, click on "Install with Linux (Beta)" a window will pop up asking you to install with Linux and you should click on OK at the bottom right corner(should be in blue). A notification will pop up showing you the install of steam in the bottom right hand corner. Once it installs go to your app draw and find a folder called "Linux apps" steam should be in there. Click on it and it should download the necessary files for steam just like the pc version. (About 200ish Mb). After it finishes downloading, just sign in normally and you're almost finished.

    Fallout 1/2 are already supported by steam on Linux and steam will download "Proton 4.2" that allows them to work natively on Linux. To get fallout 3,NV and 4 to work go to settings, go down to "steam play" and click on "Enable Steam Play for all other titles" and it doesn't matter what version of Proton you select as it automatically downloads the correct one you need.( that's what happened in my case)

    If you completed all these steps in order and had no problems then, these games can work on your device, note that they may be a bit choppy and laggy but it's a chrome book and our expectations of them are pretty low. Also depending on your storage, the loading time will very. EMMC storage is the slowest and ssd/Nvme are the fastest. I hope this helps and if you have any information that could help others let me know and I'll update this guide and I'll do my best to answer every question you have.

    Best of luck ~Pete

    submitted by /u/KINGOFMCBRO
    [link] [comments]

    SUICIDERS MAN!! ��

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    In F4 I was wandering around goodneighbor then like 4 super mutant suiciders came out of no where and I didn't have time to react. I have NEVER ran so fast out of a situation like this one lmfao!

    submitted by /u/TomToshi902
    [link] [comments]

    Which FO4 dlc should I get?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    I have enough money to get Far Harbor or Nuka World which one should I get?

    submitted by /u/dmvgreg
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished Fallout New Vegas (with all of the DLCs) for the first time! It took me 78 hours. I Loved every second of it!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    The main game is fantastic. You've probably heard it all before, but I'll just say that it had great writing, characters and quests. The world is great as well. Unlike Fallout 3, which I loved because it felt like I was traveling through a godforsaken irradiated wasteland, I loved New Vegas because it felt like I was traveling through a godforsaken irradiated wasteland that was beginning to rebuild.

    Reaching New Vegas felt so cathartic and well earned after my long journey through Primm, Nelson, Novac, and boulder city.

    As for who I sided with…it was the NCR. By the end game, I had helped them so much that it felt disingenuous for me to betray them and either seize power myself (independent ending), let the legion take over (slavers), or let Mr House Win (I didn't agree with his "holier than thou" attitude and plans for the Mojave.)

    As for the DLC, I also loved them all!

    Dead Money (although a pain to play at first) has the best writing and atmosphere, Honest Hearts was a (admittedly short) if rather poignant romp through the beautiful Zion National Park, Old World Blues is incredibly funny and sets up the final DLC very well (as well as tying together several stories, while Lonesome Road was a victory march, a challenging road to the final boss.

    I did play with several mods, mainly ones that added cut content or trivial things like weather systems and lights to the roads. (I also played with several fan-made patches, but I won't list them as they are rather well known and just fixed bugs.)

    Full list: FGPE (functional post game ending)

    Electro City (adds lights to streets and other areas)

    New Vegas Restored (makes the strip one area and adds a few new locations, nothing much)

    Outside Bets (adds cut content)

    Uncut Wasteland (adds cut content)

    NevadaSkies (weather mod)

    The Living Desert (adds travelers)

    In a few months, I might do another playthrough with larger mods such as A World of Pain (a huge mods that adds a larger number of locations to the game) and others.

    submitted by /u/Tokyono
    [link] [comments]

    Which state/country would make a great setting for Fallout 5?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    Where would you personally like to see it? What time period?

    submitted by /u/pinkmeth444
    [link] [comments]

    Best Combat Armor

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    Is it just me or does the Combat Armor from Fallout 3 and New Vegas look better than the Fallout 4 and 76 versions?

    submitted by /u/JarrodRM89
    [link] [comments]

    How would you feel about a game with filters?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    Several modern games have optional filters. I dont know why Fallout doesnt.

    People might enjoy a orange or green filter similar to Fallout 3 and NV

    A black and white filter would be awesome as well.

    What other filters could be added?

    submitted by /u/Mendomendo
    [link] [comments]

    Psychology behind the Protagonists?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    Big fan of psychology and wandering how all the protagonists would be.. mentally, canonically preferably. As well as their Alignments and stuff. The wasteland is a tough place and I imagine it would take a toll on your mental state, especially people like the Lone Wanderer and the Vault Dweller. Hope I'll get some responses, would love to discuss this stuff. Including Seven-Six, but I'm not sure there's a whole lotta lore behind them.

    submitted by /u/Hay2Day
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone else done something that you weren’t aware would have bad implications later?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    While playing Fallout 4 I came across a house with a couple, so obviously I went in there and said wassup and went upstairs to try and loot their shit sneaky beaky like, and I was immediately detected and I shot them up but they wouldn't die. Almost like your companion doesn't die after it loses all its health and regens afterwards. As I kept attempting to kill them and them not dying, I just fucked off and ran out of there. While I was strolling along the commonwealth, I found a fridge with a noise coming from it. It was a little boy, you all know him as Billy. You all know the story of how Billy was stuck in his fridge after the bombs dropped and hasn't been able to get out for 200 years while the radiation slowly rotted his body away. After I had him come along with me, a trader (child laborer, really) asked to buy the kid off me and I said no and went to go return him to his parents like he wanted. Only to find out that the couple I robbed from was Pete and Carol Peabody Billy's FUCKING PARENTS and they attempted to kill me every time I tried to bring him back so yeah my bad Billy lmao

    submitted by /u/mikey_g413
    [link] [comments]

    I just learned of Leo the AI Robot in real life and this has me thinking if synths could exist

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:21 PM PDT

    So, I just learned of Leonardo who is a self expressive robot developed by (who else but the Institute) MiT scientists about 10 years back. It is very expressive and behaves like a toddler. Honestly, its kind of intriguing to see it. Could this be a very early stage synth? If the MiT is anything like the Fallout version of the CiT, that would be interesting. If we can develop self expressive ai machines, synthetic humanoids who can think and feel doesn't sound as farfetched as it does. What are your thoughts? Can synths exist in real life?

    submitted by /u/AdrianValistar
    [link] [comments]

    Needed for the next fallout.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    Fallout 4 was a great game, but it lacked customization. There was one type of ammo for most things, very few weapons in general I feel. Comparing this to fallout NV how it had many different types of shotgun shells and shotguns themselves, while 4 only had two shotguns and one type of ammunition. The next fallout I feel should have better user preferences and stuff like that. Like ammo, and scopes. Scopes on weapons vary from 1x (Dot or Circle) and then short-medium-long range scopes and the variants of them (night vision, Recon, normal). We need more customizability.

    submitted by /u/Chiken_Tendies1-11
    [link] [comments]

    So, where do i start with fallout?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:08 AM PDT

    I made the stupid mistake of going with New Vegas first. Had no idea what i was doing and quit after about an hour. But i wanna know what all the hype is about so do i just start with one and go from there? Anything i should know about the games before going into them? (i know you probably get this daily i apologise. Just don't know where to ask this)

    submitted by /u/DoggleBoggle
    [link] [comments]

    Given the news, anyone else nervous the actual apocalypse will drop before FO4NV does?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    I'd be pretty bummed out.

    submitted by /u/Flux_State
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment